◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Oh there are passing zones for sure. But if you are 2 or 3 cars back in the draft your options become limited. I was picking off cars left and right in the Yellow room, but as soon as I dropped to the back for a single file restart it took me the rest of the race to pass just one car.

I see at least 3 big passing zones at Deep Forest after practice tonight, not sure if I want to just spill it all out here because I might be racing some of you quicker guys (not calling names but you know who you are in my division lol) but if someone would like to know my perspective on that, ask and you shall receive lol.
I think the esses after the first turn up the hill have some potential

Oh there are passing zones for sure. But if you are 2 or 3 cars back in the draft your options become limited. I was picking off cars left and right in the Yellow room, but as soon as I dropped to the back for a single file restart it took me the rest of the race to pass just one car.

That is another category called dogfight. lol

Y

Yellow room run with penalties on, not sue if flatlines missed the memo on that; penalties very annoying at Deep Forest.

At Spa youll be able to cut Eau Rouge but well be easily noticed in replays.

@zer05ive

We had a total of 12 in yellow which also served as overflow from Red/Blue.
The addition of Yellow Flags was welcomed by all in attendance.

It would be awesome if we could have a Senior Snail as a racing coach. Tonight we had @chuyler1 which provided pointers to all.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad it was a success!

To everyone in the Yellow Room who enjoyed the Yellow Flags, be sure to check out @cmbeal317's S.N.A.I.L. Enduro Series. They use mandatory caution laps to keep the field together, yet are able to still enjoy the excitement and strategy of endurance races. 👍

I see at least 3 big passing zones at Deep Forest after practice tonight, not sure if I want to just spill it all out here because I might be racing some of you quicker guys (not calling names but you know who you are in my division lol) but if someone would like to know my perspective on that, ask and you shall receive lol.

I would like to know something, this came to my attention at Spa, as I shortcut the course at the top of Eau Rouge with penalty on, I lifted off before I enter the shortcut zone knowing that I'll get penalized but I didn't. Leading me to wonder whether or not you won't get a penalty if you lift off completely before entering the shortcut zone and through that zone?
If you are off gas you are unlikely to get a penalty from the game. This is especially true at the bus stop at Daytona:( if you see someone doing this file an Incident Report

Also thanks for the tips at deep forest. Ran a 1:29 with no draft:)

Last edited:
If you are off gas you are unlikely to get a penalty from the game. This is especially true at the bus stop at Daytona:( if you see someone doing this file an Incident Report

Also thanks for the tips at deep forest. Ran a 1:29 with no draft:)

I think you meant 1:19 :cheers:

I missed the voting. :(

I was going to vote to bring back The AEM S2000 @ Suzuka, we liked that one right?

(I also hate having to work 2nd shift, I can't race or practice with anyone.)

And on Destinkeys, he was being an idiot, so he was slapped with a Great White Shark.

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures from the two new combo's from last nights RED room practice. Thanks for @Mirado_7 for hosting and for @AJKVail for the supportive comments throughout. Special guests in the pictures are myself, @KTR5, @rob1nh000d and a few others.

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg

Deep Forest Raceway.jpg

Deep Forest Raceway_1.jpg

Deep Forest Raceway_2.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny how combos reappear after being gone for months. Over 1000 cars now and this exact combo comes back around...Integra RM at Deep Forest.

Granted the combo is pretty good. But somehow the same cars get recycled...with so many great cars in the game that have gone unnoticed. To those that say there is no good passing zones....last time we ran this combo was just the opposite. Lots of places to pass once you figure out a smooth line around the track. Carrying speed is key. This means the only combo I really need to practice 15mins before the race is the CSL at Apricot. Yay!

I guess doing the SNAIL DTC on Tuesday night has really allowed many of us to discover so many great cars that otherwise go unnoticed because they are not mainstream premium cars. I think the DTC is the only SNAIL series that gives each driver freedom to choose their own cars :)

Is anyone interested in some Mystic Racing tonight??? Please reply to this post if you. If there's enough interest, I'll set up a room at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific. These "mystic" sessions only last an hour, so there's minimal time commitment! Give it a try! :)

1zfZtk.gif

I missed the voting. :(

I was going to vote to bring back The AEM S2000 @ Suzuka, we liked that one right?

(I also hate having to work 2nd shift, I can't race or practice with anyone.)

And on Destinkeys, he was an idiot, so he was slapped with a Great White Shark.
A someone who is seen busting everyone's chops about even tiny AUP violations, I would like to point out to you that personally attacking someone ( such as calling them an idiot) is against GTPs AUP. I ask you to please edit your post. Thanks. ( see how annoying a tattle tale is.)

Is anyone interested in some Mystic Racing tonight??? Please reply to this post if you. If there's enough interest, I'll set up a room at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific. These "mystic" sessions only last an hour, so there's minimal time commitment! Give it a try! :)

1zfZtk.gif
I would like too do it but ill let u know later if I can make it

Had fun practing last night, had to leave a bit early as my in-house distractions were in overdrive. I should have plenty of practice this weekend however, unlike last week where i had none due to the news of my first child being on its way! Wasnt the ideal way to start my first weekend with snail but the trade off was priceless.

On another note, not to add to the bullying, but that destinkeys is very well known for hosting gt5 shuffle rooms, as well as kicking you if you beat him lol

Had fun practing last night, had to leave a bit early as my in-house distractions were in overdrive. I should have plenty of practice this weekend however, unlike last week where i had none due to the news of my first child being on its way! Wasnt the ideal way to start my first weekend with snail but the trade off was priceless.

On another note, not to add to the bullying, but that destinkeys is very well known for hosting gt5 shuffle rooms, as well as kicking you if you beat him lol

Yep.. hes kicked me for that also.

1zfZtk.gif

I could be down, I've been looking for an excuse to spend the time to mount my new shifter on the rig ;)

1zfZtk.gif

I'll do my best to be there.

1zfZtk.gif

I'll do some mystic racing tonight! How do I join?

I must be one of the few that hasn't had issue with Destinkeys. Glas for that. By the sounds of it, that gut should get insta-kicked as soon as he steps foot into a lobby.

Back