◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Promotion and Relegation Announcement

P and R will be done by Saturday. If you have submitted a time trial and have not received your division placement yet, this will be done with promotion and relegation. This means any new driver who submits a time trial this week will be waiting until Saturday to find out what division they are placed in. This also means that division movement will be announced on Saturday.

It is a time consuming and labor intensive process that involves trying to contact 40+ drivers and balance right around 100 drivers in 8 divisions.

I could have done with a slap last night after my dismal performance. I'm not sure why but I was generally about 2 seconds off the laptimes I was running during practice sessions earlier in the week.

What was the story when your car didn't take off at the start of race 5 Wolf? At first I thought you had a lapse of concentration but from the replay it looks like you were on the throttle but the car didn't move until I made contact with you. Strange!

I think this is another PD bug; I know of others that has happened to. My car was fully revving and did not go anywhere until the hit. This happened to me a couple other times during practice.

Also, the other bug is when you have no HUD at all, no speedo, gauges or anything, you can drive it, but you are doing everything by sound which is a little harder (easy to mis-shift).

I know I did not vote.
How is this?
  1. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1

You're not the first complaining about this.
I remember you left before voting and I checked Directors Doc, they are filled properly. Your field is empty.
Maybe it's a copy/paste issue.
:confused:

@kcheeb are you aware of it?
Thanks.

There was a bug in the summary sheet showing incorrect votes for all of D4, it has been corrected. It does not change the outcome of the voting last night. Thanks for letting me know 👍

Can someone tell me where the sheet is in the results doc that tells you how many gold, silver, and bronze youve had since you first started in snail. I know its there but I cant find it. Help!

Not sure if this has been answered yet hooker. This tab of the results doc has links to information about S.N.A.I.L. The sheet you're looking for is linked there, Driver Information.

To answer your question directly, here's a link to the Driver Information sheet.

There was a bug in the summary sheet showing incorrect votes for all of D4, it has been corrected. It does not change the outcome of the voting last night. Thanks for letting me know 👍

Not sure if this has been answered yet hooker. This tab of the results doc has links to information about S.N.A.I.L. The sheet you're looking for is linked there, Driver Information.

To answer your question directly, here's a link to the Driver Information sheet.

Good lord almighty! That is a lot of information in that document. I can't imagine how long that took to set up. You really know your excel stuff.

I think this is another PD bug; I know of others that has happened to. My car was fully revving and did not go anywhere until the hit. This happened to me a couple other times during practice.

Also, the other bug is when you have no HUD at all, no speedo, gauges or anything, you can drive it, but you are doing everything by sound which is a little harder (easy to mis-shift).

The no hud one can usually be fixed with a quick double tap of the start button.
May not be the reason, but I have not seen this one since I changed the color of my hud either.

Last edited:
Happened to me last night. I started frantically switching through the view modes and thankfully it came on before the first brake zone.

Thanks kcheeb. when i was looking at it though it went blank. weird

Thanks kcheeb. when i was looking at it though it went blank. weird

Google docs does that from time to time. It may have something to do with the f:censored:ton of data we keep and the insanely complex formulas and things we have those sheets doing. We almost always hit the limits, google docs imposes on spreadsheets, by the end of a season.

When it does that, close the tab and reopen the sheet. Usually works. Usually.

You get points for starting the race. If you don't finish, you get last place points.
I have another question.The other week at Cape ring I was in 8th place and with all the disconnection in the final lap I ended up in 3rd place.... Am I getting 3rd place points?

Thanks dab.

I have another question.The other week at Cape ring I was in 8th place and with all the disconnection in the final lap I ended up in 3rd place.... Am I getting 3rd place points?

Thanks dab.

If it's a multiple disconnect, you would go with the running order at the time of the disconnect for those drivers assuming the rest of the field was able to finish the race. If no driver was able to finish the race there shouldn't be any results posted for that race.

Basically, to answer your question, I would need to see a replay of the race.

D8 Directors Report
For march 30.

Very fun night of racing. No random crashes, the room stayed open And ran smoothly all night! Nice full grid when we first began the night. Some people left early so our numbers started going down for the last round bus still lots of fun. The racing is getting much better in d8 with a lot more close clean action on track.

Here are the results for the night.

Top 5 drivers.
1. @deaconblues82
2. @joe_diben
3. @Bacon Strips
4. @elsbury2
5. @FBR_Steve

Round 1
Pole honors: @deaconblues82

Race 1
1st @deaconblues82
2nd @joe_diben
3rd @elsbury2

Race 2
1st @Bacon Strips
2nd @deaconblues82
3rd @elsbury2

Round 2
Pole honors: @joe_diben

Race 1
1st @joe_diben
2nd @CCraft
3rd @Rolly21581

Race 2
1st @deaconblues82
2nd @joe_diben
3rd @CCraft

Round 3

Pole honors: @deaconblues82

Race 1
1st @deaconblues82
2nd @joe_diben
3rd @CCraft

Race 2
1st @deaconblues82
2nd @joe_diben
3rd @Bacon Strips

Division 7 Data Summary & Photography
March 30, 2014
March Season Finale

Top 5 Scores
1st - @Piler - 81 points
2nd - @KTR5 - 77 points
3rd - @rob1nh000d - 75 points
4th - @singlepaddy - 74 points
5th - @racingchamp30 - 69 points

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @Piler 1:20.006
Round 2 : @KTR5 1:30.219
Round 3 : @KTR5 2:30.318

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Piler
Round 1 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d

Round 2 Race 1 : @KTR5
Round 2 Race 2 : @Rockhound18

Round 3 Race 1 : @KTR5
Round 3 Race 2 : @Rockhound18

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 1:19.738
Round 1 Race 2 : @BayouSimDrifter 1:20.363

Round 2 Race 1 : @KTR5 1:30.303
Round 2 Race 2 : @KTR5 1:30.626

Round 3 Race 1 : @Piler 2:30.033
Round 3 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 2:28.246

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:48.462 (@Piler)
Round 2: 10:43.039 (@KTR5)
Round 3: 09:59.843 (@Rockhound18)

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 2, Race 1: 55.898

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 25.071

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

Expect pictures from @BayouSimDrifter as well.

DEEP FOREST (Forward)
Round 1, Race 1

@dcallnight (#22) and @KTR5 (#9)

Deep Forest Raceway_3.jpg

@racingchamp30 (#20) and @KTR5 in a close battle around turn 1

Deep Forest Raceway_4.jpg

The only thing that slowed down @Piler (#4) was the curbing

Deep Forest Raceway_5.jpg

@Piler with a very comfortable lead

Deep Forest Raceway_6.jpg

Round 1, Race 2

@Sharkb8ii (#55) leads the reverse grid after turn 1

Deep Forest Raceway_7.jpg

@speer9892003 (#98) with @wvhellbilly on his tail

Deep Forest Raceway_8.jpg

The battle for the lead between @rob1nh000d (#44) and @BayouSimDrifter (#86), with @rob1nh000d eventually taking the win.

Deep Forest Raceway_9.jpg

Apricot Hill
Round 2, Race 1

@KTR5 leads @racingchamp30 and company

Apricot Hill Raceway_4.jpg

@KTR5 with @racingchamp30 all over his back bumper. It took every legal defensive move to keep @racingchamp30 behind me and kudos to @racingchamp30 for not trying to make a bad pass!

Apricot Hill Raceway_5.jpg

@Nail-27 with @speer9892003 and @Rockhound18

Apricot Hill Raceway_6.jpg

Round 2, Race 2

@SCCARACER36 leading the pack under some hard braking in the reverse grid race

Apricot Hill Raceway_7.jpg

@SCCARACER36 keeping the back behind him as the come through the chicane

Apricot Hill Raceway_8.jpg

It's a colorful rainbow with @speer9892003 (near), @KTR5 (middle) and @Nail-27 (outside)

Apricot Hill Raceway_9.jpg

Same spot, different angle

Apricot Hill Raceway_10.jpg

@Rockhound18 was the runaway winner followed by @rob1nh000d

Apricot Hill Raceway_11.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Round 3, Race 1

@KTR5 leads around turn 1 with @Piler to his outside

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

@BayouSimDrifter (#18) with a close, clean pass on @wvhellbilly (#69) at the end of the long straight

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

@Rockhound18 makes another beautiful pass under hard braking to get past @rob1nh000d with @Piler just behind

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

Round 3, Race 2

This is as close as anyone got to @Rockhound18 in race 2

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

@KTR5 makes a clean and solid pass on @speer9892003 prior to the final chicane with @rob1nh000d and @racingchamp30 just behind

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

Division 7 Data Summary & Photography
March 30, 2014
March Season Finale

Top 5 Scores
1st - @Piler - 81 points
2nd - @KTR5 - 77 points
3rd - @rob1nh000d - 75 points
4th - @singlepaddy - 74 points
5th - @racingchamp30 - 69 points

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @Piler 1:20.006
Round 2 : @KTR5 1:30.219
Round 3 : @KTR5 2:30.318

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Piler
Round 1 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d

Round 2 Race 1 : @KTR5
Round 2 Race 2 : @Rockhound18

Round 3 Race 1 : @KTR5
Round 3 Race 2 : @Rockhound18

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 1:19.738
Round 1 Race 2 : @BayouSimDrifter 1:20.363

Round 2 Race 1 : @KTR5 1:30.303
Round 2 Race 2 : @KTR5 1:30.626

Round 3 Race 1 : @Piler 2:30.033
Round 3 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 2:28.246

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:48.462 (@Piler)
Round 2: 10:43.039 (@KTR5)
Round 3: 09:59.843 (@Rockhound18)

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 2, Race 1: 55.898

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 25.071

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

Expect pictures from @BayouSimDrifter as well.

DEEP FOREST (Forward)
Round 1, Race 1

@dcallnight (#22) and @KTR5 (#9)

View attachment 135395

@racingchamp30 (#20) and @KTR5 in a close battle around turn 1

View attachment 135396

The only thing that slowed down @Piler (#4) was the curbing

View attachment 135397

@Piler with a very comfortable lead

View attachment 135398

Round 1, Race 2

@Sharkb8ii (#55) leads the reverse grid after turn 1

View attachment 135399

@speer9892003 (#98) with @wvhellbilly on his tail

View attachment 135400

The battle for the lead between @rob1nh000d (#44) and @BayouSimDrifter (#86), with @rob1nh000d eventually taking the win.

View attachment 135401

Apricot Hill
Round 2, Race 1

@KTR5 leads @racingchamp30 and company

View attachment 135402

@KTR5 with @racingchamp30 all over his back bumper. It took every legal defensive move to keep @racingchamp30 behind me and kudos to @racingchamp30 for not trying to make a bad pass!

View attachment 135403

@Nail-27 with @speer9892003 and @Rockhound18

View attachment 135404

Round 2, Race 2

@SCCARACER36 leading the pack under some hard braking in the reverse grid race

View attachment 135405

@SCCARACER36 keeping the back behind him as the come through the chicane

View attachment 135406

It's a colorful rainbow with @speer9892003 (near), @KTR5 (middle) and @Nail-27 (outside)

View attachment 135407

Same spot, different angle

View attachment 135408

@Rockhound18 was the runaway winner followed by @rob1nh000d

View attachment 135409

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Round 3, Race 1

@KTR5 leads around turn 1 with @Piler to his outside

View attachment 135410

@BayouSimDrifter (#18) with a close, clean pass on @wvhellbilly (#69) at the end of the long straight

View attachment 135411

@Rockhound18 makes another beautiful pass under hard braking to get past @rob1nh000d with @Piler just behind

View attachment 135412

Round 3, Race 2

This is as close as anyone got to @Rockhound18 in race 2

View attachment 135413

@KTR5 makes a clean and solid pass on @speer9892003 prior to the final chicane with @rob1nh000d and @racingchamp30 just behind

View attachment 135414

Thank you Coach each week for your work in posting the pictures, statistics from the division. I didn't want to rush a pass at the BMW Apricot hill race, Only pass when i know it will be as clean as possible.

Promotion and Relegation Announcement

P and R will be done by Saturday. If you have submitted a time trial and have not received your division placement yet, this will be done with promotion and relegation. This means any new driver who submits a time trial this week will be waiting until Saturday to find out what division they are placed in. This also means that division movement will be announced on Saturday.

It is a time consuming and labor intensive process that involves trying to contact 40+ drivers and balance right around 100 drivers in 8 divisions.

I have taken this coming weekend off to attend my son's exhibition soccer game. First time 11 v 11 and I didn't want to miss it. Anyhow, this will give me plenty of time to work on the driver list Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Edit:
You can turn off the names but not the lines.

To turn off the names, go into "watch race", then options...go to the bottom one...I think it's "turn off names". Then check it. This will also turn off names above the cars in the race...which I love.

Are you kidding me? We can turn off the lines in TT's but not online? :banghead:

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? We can turn off the lines in TT's but not online? :banghead:

To be honest I would rather do "race together" instead of solo in quali, it is really distracting to have sperm-like (I couldn't think of a better description/ synonym) things dancing around you. Not to mention when you start from the back, all the opaque names tags would block your vision as they crowd together. What's your take on this guys?

To be honest I would rather do "race together" instead of solo in quali, it is really distracting to have sperm-like (I couldn't think of a better description/ synonym) things dancing around you. Not to mention when you start from the back, all the opaque names tags would block your vision as they crowd together. What's your take on this guys?
Race together for sure.

My take is to qualify alone, remembering to disable the names, add more time to the qualifying session and have staggered starts like we did in GT5. We'll still race alone and the 'update' from PD will be negated if we space ourselves as if the lines were actual cars.
Or status quo. Either way it is better than GT5.

I've lately just been letting everyone run a good bit ahead before I go in qualifying - because of how distracting this is. Even if it means I get in one less lap... At least I can see where I'm going.

I don't like the lines, however the current way to qualify saves a lot of time on Sunday night vs the old way we did it, plus we don't need to work about slipstream effect.

The problem with this is that then this becomes another race and qualifying etiquette is seldom respected.

you come behind a slower racer, but he does not concede the pass, blocks you , etc. I prefer lines; plus you can turn off the names off.

How are the lines different from actual cars? cars also block your view, but you cannot go over them as you can with lines.

Last edited:
Last night was the first time I think I have ever finished a Sunday night on time. A lot of that is due to the quicker shorter qualifying sessions.

I just wanted to give floyd a big congratulations on his first overall win last night! Your hard work at practicing your speed and most of all your racecraft have paid off. It has been my pleasure to race with you in d5 and im sure you will be a welcome addition to all the d4 guys next season. Race Hard, Race Clean, Race Snail! :cheers:

D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 3/30/14

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

...and the S.N.A.I.L train rolls on...
Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @serge19 1:18.688
Round 2 : @RobbiefromBC 1:27.898
Round 3 : @ptslopoke 2:25.851

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @ptslopoke 1:18.413
Round 1 Race 2 : @RobbiefromBC 1:18.625

Round 2 Race 1 : @RobbiefromBC 1:27.891
Round 2 Race 2 : @serge19 1:28.412

Round 3 Race 1 : @ptslopoke 2:25.241
Round 3 Race 2 : @Oshawa-Joe 2:26.924

Another season is officially in the books! It's been a bumpy month but let's take the trouble free Sunday night as a sign of GT6's growing pains finally beginning to fade. Hopefully from here on out the rest of our Sunday's (and all the other days too) go as smoothly as they did in the final races of the March season.

Congrats to @ptslopoke for taking the win for the night as well winning the season..BY ONE POINT!👍

Full data set can be found here.

C
D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 3/30/14

View attachment 135428

...and the S.N.A.I.L train rolls on...
Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @serge19 1:18.688
Round 2 : @RobbiefromBC 1:27.898
Round 3 : @ptslopoke 2:25.851

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @ptslopoke 1:18.413
Round 1 Race 2 : @RobbiefromBC 1:18.625

Round 2 Race 1 : @RobbiefromBC 1:27.891
Round 2 Race 2 : @serge19 1:28.412

Round 3 Race 1 : @ptslopoke 2:25.241
Round 3 Race 2 : @Oshawa-Joe 2:26.924

Another season is officially in the books! It's been a bumpy month but let's take the trouble free Sunday night as a sign of GT6's growing pains finally beginning to fade. Hopefully from here on out the rest of our Sunday's (and all the other days too) go as smoothly as they did in the final races of the March season.

Congrats to @ptslopoke for taking the win for the night as well winning the season..BY ONE POINT!👍

Full data set can be found here.
congrats @ptslopoke ! When we will see the 'SloPoke' racing school?
In need of some coaching.

Latest Posts

Back