◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I think the mentioning of fish has scared the crowd. I can't wait to see what @ptslopoke has in store for us.

@AG07WRXTR will you be freezing the DC5 or the track Deep Forest?
@racefan78

Will any of you be testing tonight?

I will be testing for prize A at around 10 PM EST. I will post a rough potential car list later this afternoon if anyone wants to join I will post the "testing" room number later tonight

Last edited:
I will be testing for prize A at around 10 am EST. I will post a rough potential car list later this afternoon if anyone wants to join I will post the "testing" room number later tonight

Do you mean 10 PM? it is already 10:55 AM EST.

I'll be doing some testing this afternoon hopefully. Just in case. But really I can't make any plans until we hear from AG.

D7
Fast Lap honors:

Round 1 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 1:19.738
Round 1 Race 2 : @BayouSimDrifter 1:20.363

Round 2 Race 1 : @KTR5 1:30.303
Round 2 Race 2 : @KTR5 1:30.626

Round 3 Race 1 : @Piler 2:30.033
Round 3 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 2:28.246

D2
Fast Lap honors:

Round 1 Race 1 : @ptslopoke 1:18.413
Round 1 Race 2 : @RobbiefromBC 1:18.625

Round 2 Race 1 : @RobbiefromBC 1:27.891
Round 2 Race 2 : @serge19 1:28.412

Round 3 Race 1 : @ptslopoke 2:25.241
Round 3 Race 2 : @Oshawa-Joe 2:26.924

I wanted to highlight to everyone that to me it is incredible the pace that some of the lower divisions have; not only from the 'fast lap' times but in general as I have practiced with many of D4,5,6,7 racers.

It is awesome to see that the fastest lap time from D2 to D7 at Round 1 was less than 1.5 seconds. Round to less than 2.5 seconds and Round 3 was barely over 3 seconds.

Which brings me another idea. How about a 'Championship of Champions' where the champions of all Divisions get to battle it out for bragging rights, shells?

• The best 2 winners by points of each Division get to fill 16 slots on the grid.
  • May be lower as we may need to allocate at least 1 spot for the westies.
  • To Add to Oshawa.. yes my idea is to do it Monthly.

Last edited:
I wanted to highlight to everyone that to me it is incredible the pace that some of the lower divisions have; not only from the 'fast lap' times but in general as I have practiced with many of D4,5,6,7 racers.

It is awesome to see that the fastest lap time from D2 to D7 at Round 1 was less than 1.5 seconds. Round to less than 2.5 seconds and Round 3 was barely over 3 seconds.

Which brings me another idea. How about a 'Championship of Champions' where the champions of all Divisions get to battle it out for bragging rights, shells?

• The best 2 winners by points of each Division get to fill 16 slots on the grid.

That is an awesome idea. I'm not sure when (what day of the week, time, etc) we could do that kind of an event, but it would be a really awesome event.

ha, could be really fun! to add to it we could have the races be the 3 most popular combos for the month or something.

I don't think there are any Official Friday events right now. I Know that Fridays may not work with 'social' life but it is the only time it does not conflict with other official events.

As in all events of that sort ...... Alien vs. Ordinary .......... would there be a Handicap of Points?
Not wanting to create more Statistical Nightmares, just wondering.

As in all events of that sort ...... Alien vs. Ordinary .......... would there be a Handicap of Points?

I would say no. I realize most of us would be at a disadvantage, being born to the planet Earth, but I think part of the attraction would be the event itself, especially the reverse grids.

I would say no. I realize most of us would be at a disadvantage, being born to the planet Earth, but I think part of the attraction would be the event itself, especially the reverse grids.

YES!!! Exactly what I was thinking. Would be lovely to see a D6-7 being able to take a win! and make the snailiens work their way through the field. And even perhaps, a surprise D3-4 driver taken a podium on the 1st round. I think with those lap times it is very possible.

Also I can also be certain that 'everyone' across the board can learn something; especially the lower division from following the 'faster' guys, racing in a pack, defensive driving, etc.

Agreed - I withdraw my idea/thought. Sometimes it's just GRRRRR-E-A-T to be part of such an event.

you could just do an auto handicap, Division one runs 15 PP less division two 12 etc...although it pretty much impossible to validate and manage.

The thing is, although the fast lap times are pretty close, the total race time is not close at all and seems to generally follow the D1-D8 classification. Fast laps are awesome and all, but putting together multiple fast laps without mistakes is what separates the Divisions :)

The thing is, although the fast lap times are pretty close, the total race time is not close at all and seems to generally follow the D1-D8 classification. Fast laps are awesome and all, but putting together multiple fast laps without mistakes is what separates the Divisions :)

Don't be a party 🤬 . Yes I am aware of that. But I think that the idea still have some validity and great fun; plus would be a very good learning experience.

What about starting it this Friday night? Not too soon for the genuine interest that has been developing. I'm sure a PM to the Champs would round them up quickly.

What about starting it this Friday night? Not too soon for the genuine interest that has been developing. I'm sure a PM to the Champs would round them up quickly.

I personally don't see any issues. it is just a matter of going through the data and bringing up the Best 2 champions of each Division and confirm that they are available to race on Friday Night.

March 9 Results.
Division 1
  1. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (76.94 for Prize B)
Division 2
  1. zstovall ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 79 (68.20 for prize purposes only)
Division 3
  1. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 85 (76.91 for Prize C)
Division 4
  1. dpinho1975 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 80 (70.68 for prize purposes only)
Division 5
  1. AJHG1000 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 69
Division 6
  1. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 7
  1. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 8
  1. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 90
March 16th Results
Division 1
  1. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 92
Division 2
  1. Klutch-D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 80
Division 3
  1. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 89
Division 4
  1. rankings18b ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84
Division 5
  1. AMomcilo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 82
Division 6
  1. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86
Division 7
  1. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 8
  1. deacon-blues082 --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 94
West Coast
  1. GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 (no points???)
Match 23
Division 1
  1. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 59
Division 2
  1. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 3
  1. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote - 59
Division 4
  1. dpinho1975 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 45.1
Division 5
  1. hooker4 ----------- did not submit a vote - 44
Division 6
  1. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 50
Division 7
  1. rob1nd000d -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 95
Division 8
  1. deacon-blues082 --- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 48
West Coast
  1. gmraces ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 (no points???)
March 30th (preliminary unofficial)
Division 1
  1. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88
Division 2
  1. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88
Division 3
  1. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 81
Division 4
  1. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84
Division 5
  1. floydlovesbritt3 -- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 96
Division 6
  1. GTP_lousteezy ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 83
Division 7
  1. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 81
Division 8
  1. deacon-blues082 --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 94
West Coast
  1. Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1

NINJA'D!

Last edited:
I personally don't see any issues. it is just a matter of going through the data and bringing up the Best 2 champions of each Division and confirm that they are available to race on Friday Night.

Could be the following "unofficially" based on monthly point total. This list has 18 however due to listing 2 from the WC as well. Would need a way to trim 3 drivers to 15 plus 1 host/announcer/live broadcaster, etc

D1
@fizzer
@martin20az

D2
@ptslopoke
@chuyler1

D3
@Xradkins
@Troggy

D4
@Daniel Pinho
@CanuckleheadII

D5
@hooker4
@FloydC3

D6
@TEX36
@ExoSphere64

D7
@rob1nh000d
@singlepaddy

D8
@deaconblues82
@elsbury2

WC
@GranStand Bill
@Neovre

Last edited:
@AG07WRXTR You are on the clock so to speak. You are the second prize winner and have the choice of taking prize B or C. If you take prize C you will be able to freeze one half of the Integra at Deep Forest combo. If you choose prize B, you be able to replace one half of that combo but you will have to wait to see which half @racefan78 chooses to freeze.

Would be the following "unofficially". This list has 18 however due to listing 2 from the WC as well. Would need a way to trip 3 drivers to 15 plus 1 host/announcer/live broadcaster, etc

What methodology are you using? I don't see Troggy with any victories for D3. My records show X-RAd and RAcefan.

I agree with D1.

D1
@fizzer - Check
@martin20az - Check

D2
@ptslopoke - Check
@chuyler1 - How many points on the week he won? ... Klutch has an 80 point win.

D3.
@X-rad
@racefan78

D4.
I think should be
@rankings18b 84 point win
and Ago with the same points

D5.
@Amomcilo
@FloydC3

D6.
@TEX36
@GTP_Lousteezy 83 point win

D7.
@Sh3rW00d F0r3S7 (Robin Hood)
@ShrumpRacer86 84 point win

D8
@deaconblues82
@joe_diben 90 point win.

WC.
@Neovre ?
@Grandstand_bill ?
@gmraces ?

I cannot access google docs from Work.... Can someone validate these for me? WC does not have any points.

I would think some of these may not be able to make it freeing up some spots. But let's play it by ear. Agree we may need to limit the grid to 15.

Anyone volunteers to be the Broadcaster?

Last edited:
You could go with a tournament type thing as well? Seeding by fast lap or overall race time or some such. Split the field in half, top 3 or 4 move to next round, that sort of thing?

@rob1nh000d

@deaconblues82 has you heading down the right path. That entire thread changed my driving and made it feel much closer to natural, if for no other reason than removing the dead zone. If you are using a DFGT what is described in that thread and shown here may not work.

The Controller Sensitivity does nothing for wheels.

Steering ratios can vary by the car and are adjusted somewhat by the game software. The game software does not however, change the deadzone. At all. It will exist as it is, no matter what car you drive. For G27 and G25 users, that deadzone can be eliminated at the hardware level with the instructions in the first post.

You might consider using less force feedback and turning the power assist off. I run FFB at 4 on my G27 and ran it there when I was using a DFGT.

I actually stumbled upon this a while back but am unsure if it has a positive impact on driving - What is your experience? I assume you race the O setting?

I found it to be great for formula one and really grippy race cars but cars like the Alfa 8c with any of those setting sends it spinning for me. Has anyone found any of the TSOX settings beneficial to sunday nights?

Thank you

What methodology are you using? I don't see Troggy with any victories for D3. My records show X-RAd and RAcefan

I took the top 2 scorers from the month of March from the results doc tab, 2014.03. I'd link it, but I'm on my phone.

EDIT:
I do like your method as well, but there would be more to trim as some divisions had more than 2 weekly champions, like we did in D7.

Last edited:
I actually stumbled upon this a while back but am unsure if it has a positive impact on driving - What is your experience? I assume you race the O setting?

I found it to be great for formula one and really grippy race cars but cars like the Alfa 8c with any of those setting sends it spinning for me. Has anyone found any of the TSOX settings beneficial to sunday nights?

Thank you

Absolutely yes. Without a doubt the O setting has allowed me to control the car in a much more precise fashion and mistakes that used to result in sea shell hunts or lawn mowing expeditions, have since become nothing more than brief squiggles in my line. Just getting rid of that dead zone in the wheel helped. Not having to hand over the wheel for tight turns like at monaco, to get the cars wheels to lock, is more than worth it for me. There is no way I will ever use a 900 degree wheel setting in any racing game.

If you read more in that thread there are other testimonials to changing that setting to something that feels better to you. Mileage may vary though.

It seems I have a bit more to say about this.

In our real cars there is steering lag. When you start to turn your steering wheel, the rod it's attached to turns a gear or tells the pump to start pumping. The time it takes for your input to hit the tires is the lag. The thing here is, if there are no failures, mechanically or hydraulically, that lag is a constant value. It won't change. You can account for it to be what it is and plan accordingly.

The internet however, is entirely variable. You move the steering wheel, that input is relayed to both processors, CPU/GPU, that data is then sent to the NIC and it sends it downwire, across however many hops (all of them having CPUs and NICs as well) there is to your opponent's NIC and then their CPU and GPUs have to process before it can be displayed on their screen what you've done. There is lag at every step and it is not always stable. The processing units heat up and this will slow them down. The internet will always be unstable and cannot be relied on to maintain anything close to consistency. To many variables in to many different hands. A 50 millisecond lag spike at the moment you begin your input is an almost unoticeable delay. But when that spike goes over 100ms, 500, 1000? That's when those events occur that leave everyone wondering, "WTF just happened?". If your ping rate can be measured above 100 to your own ISPs equipment, your inputs are already at a 1/10th of a second deficit. The O setting takes some of that lag and reduces it by reducing the time of the original input. Think about it. If you're using 900 degrees of rotation and it takes you 1000ms to get it there, I'm not sure I could go lock to lock with 900 in less than 1500ms, and you pull 300 degrees out of it...

There's 3/10ths+- right there. Not that it'll matter, if you get a 1500ms lag spike when you're doing it though.

Just some food, or fuel if you like, for thought.

Last edited:
Absolutely yes. Without a doubt the O setting has allowed me to control the car in a much more precise fashion and mistakes that used to result in sea shell hunts or lawn mowing expeditions, have since become nothing more than brief squiggles in my line. Just getting rid of that dead zone in the wheel helped. Not having to hand over the wheel for tight turns like at monaco, to get the cars wheels to lock, is more than worth it for me. There is no way I will ever use a 900 degree wheel setting in any racing game.

If you read more in that thread there are other testimonials to changing that setting to something that feels better to you. Mileage may vary though.

I always wondered why this functionality was missing. My many thanks to you and @rob1nh000d for bringing that thread to my attention! :bowdown:

Latest Posts

Back