Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. deaconblues82

deaconblues82

Okay, I just tried it set to 7 lap time was 1:19.5xx
    And then with it on setting -2 time was 1:19.6xx
    Wheel on 900 degree lock setting for both laps.
    I didn't notice any difference in either the feel of the steering or in the correlation between my wheel and the one that Bob is steering on screen. The game also specifically states when the sensitivity option is highlighted that it only affects input from controller buttons or stick. If you were using the Logitech Momo wheel then maybe this would do something to it as the game (at least prior versions) sometimes doesn't differentiate between some other Logitech wheel and the controller.

Neovre likes this.
  2. rob1nh000d

rob1nh000d

Thanks @Dragonwhisky. I love that you are so into this that you found a path to such a resource and found a way to get that information: 'including begging a GT Academy Silverstone finalist'. YAAA!!!! imho, that really shows heart.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  3. Mark II

Mark II

Awesome - ill have to do more fiddling around to see what works best - do you guys make any changes to the imbedded settings in gt6? I have the g27 and have never messed with the linearity and saturation settings. I too have noticed no change to "controller sensitivity". Also, are most of you h-gate shifters or do you prefer the paddles? No more questions after this, thank you!

4. rob1nh000d

rob1nh000d

Thank you very much @deaconblues82 . I really appreciate you taking the time to actual do this. This league is awesome. You guys are really genuinely here to help others. Amazing. I hope I can help others in the future as well.

deaconblues82 likes this.
  5. 88GTA

88GTA

TONIGHT IS S.N.A.I.L. DTC RACE NIGHT!

(Event will take place in a friends only room)

04/01/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
    1500 (SH)
    All cars PP must be between 356pp and 394pp EXCEPT the 4WD which can be between 338pp and 412pp. Pick one car from each of the four drivetrain layouts (FF, 4WD, FR, MR/RR) with the total PP under 1500.

Qualifying and the first race will take place at
    Monza (WITH Chickens). 100% weather, 0% surface water at start, and 1% changeability.

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in the DTC thread that you would like to take part. We will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the:

All cars will be run with sports hard tires (or one grade lower to comfort soft) and no tuning.

Please make sure you are friends on PSN with Ice_Warden prior to 9pm EST the day of the race.

Feel free to post any questions in the DTC thread. The first race is a little tricky this week so get any issues resolved before the race.

Nish, racefan78 and zer05ive like this.
  6. deaconblues82

deaconblues82

I imagine most everyone makes use of the faster shift time of the paddles, but if you like the H-gate shifter be sure to watch this thread Friday for a race called Mystic racing! It's exclusively raced with h-gate shifters.

zer05ive and Mark II like this.
  7. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

8. AJKVail

AJKVail

That was a good one! Well done Beal!

zer05ive, pyxen and cmbeal317 like this.
  9. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

It's too bad I won't be around Friday night to see how this Championship of Champions will turn out. I'm travelling to Wareham, MA with my oldest brother. He bought a Factory Five MK4 Roadster and we're going out there with my uncle to pick it up and all the parts. Should be a fun project for the next year or so.

Wolfsatz likes this.
  10. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I've been playing the offline mode with the H-Gate & Clutch whenever the car I can use for the event allows it. It's just so much fun hearing some of the cars do their thing when using the clutch. I've found, in GT6, I'm about .5-1.0 seconds off my paddle shifter pace. I don't use the clutch on Sundays. I make enough mistakes as it is with the paddles.

It wasn't that I was "so into this", as you put it. It was more like I couldn't accept that I was so bad I was getting lapped 3-5 times by these guys in the course of a race that lasted less than an hour. So, I went hunting for reasons. I found them.

intoflatlines and Mark II like this.
  11. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

Well crap... I am most likely out for this Friday, although I am loving this idea. Sadly bad timing this Friday however.

12. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

Should I put you as tentative or totally out?

13. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

Meh, totally out...It will take a miracle for me to be able to make it.

14. FloydC3

FloydC3

15. IceWarden

IceWarden

While a race of champions may sound interesting to you, I have a feeling the outcome will not be as fun or as competitive as you imagine. But you never know until you try I suppose.

16. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

If this champion of champions was done with a reverse division grid, it might make it more interesting. D8 folks in the front, D1 in the back, for every race. Make every race 20 minutes and only run 3, 1 of each of the 3 longest standing combo's for the month.

KTR5, TEX36, Jakedog23 and 1 other person like this.
  17. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

I like this added "twist".

Jakedog23 likes this.
  18. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I'll add to that twist with a, double the point payout for each position from the usual Sunday point system, he who ends the night with the most points is the Champion of Champions for the March Season. Winner gets a hatcake. From somebody.

Rallywagon likes this.
  19. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

Reality may be that it will be a total sweep by Area 51. But should be fun nevertheless. I like DWs idea.

20. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Under "Brainstorming an Idea" - What if we had a division of the Champs of Champs with D-1 thru D-4 being ______ Champion. And D-5 thru WC being _____ Champion? Of course, there may be some D-1s in WC, I don't know.
    Blanks: Elite Champion & (something else) or Major League Champion & Minor League Champion.

Just thinking

lousteezy, FloydC3 and Jakedog23 like this.
  21. deaconblues82

deaconblues82

I can confirm. Somebody should be there to fill out the back of the pack.

22. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

If you want to break it into two races (which would probably make for better actual racing) the WC should go in with the upper split. If you went into two different races, you could take the top three from each division as well.

KTR5 and Wolfsatz like this.
  23. elsbury2

elsbury2

D8 i can for sure as long as there are spaces @Wolfsatz
    @deaconblues82 now u may have a war buddy out back
    Edit i hit reply on the wrong post

Wolfsatz and deaconblues82 like this.
  24. elsbury2

elsbury2

Can anyone help me im putting in times in the docs and for gap time what am i sapposed to write on for lapped time

25. Troggy

Troggy

Sure, but I think we're all quick enough to make even little mistakes extremely costly. At the very least, it is a no pressure night of racing!

26. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

You enter the total time in the top box of the total time column, then enter each drivers gap from the first place finisher in the gap column. The total time auto completes for each driver. The winner's time gap is 0. Is this what you're looking for?

27. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Maybe he's asking what to put if someone was lapped or DNF?

28. hillracing

hillracing

I was just reading the champion of champions thing and had an idea. Back in the GT5 days there used to be a series where the start of the race was staggered based on your qualifying time so to speak with the intention that all the drivers got to the line at the same time. This might me an interesting way to do the race so the D8 guys have a chance at winning also. Another idea would be to do an Australian pursuit race where each lap when you cross the line the last place driver is out of the race or if you had 14 drivers in a 7 lap race the last 2 places were out of the race each lap with the grid being inverted. You could do handicapping of drivers also by putting different divisions on different tires or something. Anyways sounds like a great idea. Hope to be able to race enough to take part in it soon.

Nish, Neovre, Wolfsatz and 1 other person like this.
  29. elsbury2

elsbury2

no i have a guy that has a gap of +3 laps

Correct @intoflatlines

30. hooker4

hooker4

Lobby open. Messing around with low pp/ff cars on small tracks
    1472-4710-9866-6906-5916