Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Troggy

Troggy

I think the freeze happened before the all clear was given, but nothing changed so it should still be valid right?

2. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

He did not say what part of the combo is freezing... :rolleyes: so no, it is not valid.

KTR5 likes this.
  3. CCraft

CCraft

But which part did he freeze?
    NINJA'D
    And what a waste of totp :banghead:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  4. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

@Troggy

Are you going to represent D3 on Friday Champion of Champions race?

I will put you down as positively uncertain!

@CCraft dont waste it. edit it and put something Interesting.

intoflatlines likes this.
  5. Troggy

Troggy

Put me as a tentative. I can't realistically see myself at work still at that time, but it is a possibility.

6. racefan78

racefan78

If @AG07WRXTR doesn't post his pick by the deadline (whenever that is), would I get to pick both which part to freeze, and the replacement? Or does it just slide down, so I get prize B and the next prize winner gets prize C?

7. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

"I think" it would go to you to choose which option is frozen, since you earned prize C. Then the Division 4 drivers that raced this past Sunday would nominate the half you didn't freeze and then everyone votes from the nominees.

8. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

I just wanted to clear up any confusion about entering data. The 'training' video found on row 163 of the Team S.N.A.I.L. sheet explains most of it.

1. Enter a fast lap for a driver if they've completed more than one lap. Even if they didn't finish the race, it's easy to go back to the point they disco'd and get the information. If they didn't complete two laps, don't enter anything. Reason being, the first lap is not representative of their pace and the second race will likely be faster anyway. Do not enter DNF, -1 Lap or anything other than their fast lap time. It causes grief to the formulas and data presentations. It was me that removed all instances of them.

2. Enter gaps for all drivers that completed the race in the allotted time. If they didn't complete the race, don't enter a gap. Reason being, the data entered is not accurate and the second race will likely be faster anyway. Do not enter DNF, -1 Lap or anything other than their gap. It causes grief to the formulas and data presentations. It was me that removed all instances of them.

We used to ask you to enter 60 seconds for drivers that didn't complete the race, but it really isn't needed nor make sense. Drivers usually have two kicks at the can and the other race will usually have data we can use.

How to enter data:

msgt-sd, KTR5 and Dragonwhisky like this.
  9. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

What makes you think they don't care or haven't looked. They're here, and participating. That's more than can be said for some others. The point was, perhaps some of these new SNAILs are picking these combos because SNAIL raced them before they became SNAILs and they would like to run them.

KTR5 likes this.
  10. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

My logic for picking a car that has already been chosen in 2013 was that this that SNAIL about tripled in size in 2014, mean that about 60 out of 100 drivers have never driven this car, so to the majority of us (including myself) this is a brand new car/combo. I did look at the combo history, this wasn't done in 2014, so I know that most of us haven't run it yet, and am 90% sure that we haven't done the track yet either.

Now i do wish that we could do SS tires on this car, but there isn't much I can do about that. Plus the less experience drivers will appreciate the RH tires.

Oshawa-Joe and KTR5 like this.
  11. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

You don't think that people that didn't finish the race in the allotted time should have that data entered? At least as 60 seconds gap? Because if you're saying that they should have no gap entered, if someone has a gap of, for example, 30 seconds behind the leader, it will be better for them to just stop before the finish line so they don't get the 30 second gap factored into their overall stats... Of course, what SNAIL management decides goes, but I'm just trying to understand why a 60 second gap for people that got lapped or didn't finish in time would be detrimental to the data analysis.

12. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Prize Selection Update
    @AG07WRXTR It has been almost 36 hours since the "all clear" was given for you to select your prize. If you have not made your selection by noon ET, you will be locked in to prize "B" and @racefan78 will be the prize "C" winner and will be able to freeze one half of the Integra at Deep Forest combo.

KTR5 likes this.
  13. LeoStrop

LeoStrop

D3 - Rd1 & 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. shmibal_GT

shmibal_GT

KTR5 likes this.
  15. Troggy

Troggy

Great pics Leo! I love the third one of you and me at Autumn Hill. Look at that body roll!

16. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

I didn't say it was detrimental, I said it was irrelevant. The power rankings are based off your best time of the two combos. If you don't finish one race, chances are you'll finish the other and it will be your best.

The other thing I said was is it's inaccurate. Which is true, it's not what they ran. In F1 it would be considered unclassified. Capiche?

intoflatlines and KTR5 like this.
  17. LeoStrop

LeoStrop

Thanks Troggy! I think that it's ferek in the third pic, you are on the 5th, trying to grab flatline's place!

18. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Makes sense when you explain it. Thanks!

19. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

In the sake of simplicity, we could have D7 and D8 and WC only have 1 entry. That will make it 15 exactly.
    Can everyone here tentatively confirm if you are able to race on Friday Night 9:30-10PM EST start time.

I have yet to hear from D4,D7 and WC. Area 51 and D8 are fully represented so far. Please let me know soonest if you are able to race this Friday 04/04.

D1
    fizzer -- Confirmed
    martin20az -- Confirmed

D2
    ptslopoke -- Cannot Maket it :nervous: (2nd slot opens up)
    chuyler1 -- Cannot Make it - (Next in line is @serge19)

D3
    @Xradkins ?
    Troggy -- Positively Uncertain

D4
    @Daniel Pinho ?
    CanuckleheadII -- Confirmed by Kcheeb

D5
    hooker4 -- Cannot Make it :( (one slot opens up - Taken by Elsbury)
    FloydC3 -- Confirmed

D6
    TEX36 -- Confirmed
    ExoSphere64 -- Confirmed

D7
    rob1nh000d -- Confirmed by Notttingham Palace
    @singlepaddy ?

D8
    deaconblues82-- Confirmed
    elsbury2 -- Confirmed

WC
    @GranStand Bill ?
    Neovre -- Cannot challenge Area 51 sadly :(

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    lousteezy and KTR5 like this.
  20. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Prize Selection Update

Prize "B" belongs to @AG07WRXTR and prize "C" belongs to @racefan78

racefan78 needs to select either the Integra or Deep Forest to freeze for next week. Please do this as soon as possible.

KTR5 likes this.
  21. K1utch

K1utch

is this race of champions still available for me to sign up on? I would like to do it if possible?

22. nmcp1

nmcp1

@
    serge19 should be next on the list for D2 :tup:

23. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

Given that PTslopoke cannot make it and you did have a win and no one else has spoken to fill the grid yet, I will slot you in Slopoke's place. :tup:

@K1utch -- stand by please.

@nmcp1 Thanks!
    @serge19 3rd in points! Can you make the race Friday?

24. nmcp1

nmcp1

The pecking order for D2 is:

PTslopoke
    chuyler1
    serge_1919
    Kgffy28
    nmcp1
    JWalker_SSR7
    GTP_NishRacer
    Drrgreenthumb67
    zstovall
    Klutch-D
    BC_BOYZZ
    vincentq4
    x3n0-asx
    Oshawa-Joe
    DrKronin
    Way2gd4u956

25. IceWarden

IceWarden

So, the latest GT6 update has been announced to drop on the 6th. And of ALLLLLLLL the stuff we would have loved to see fixed or tweaked, we get the long awaited GPS Visualiser. What a game changer this is for our league :bowdown::rolleyes:

goofytyler, DriftinAssassin and KTR5 like this.
  26. IceWarden

IceWarden

It's a race of "Champions". You must first be a champion ;)

27. Neovre

Neovre

I will not make the RoC on Friday. Sadly.

28. K1utch

K1utch

nvm seems its impossible for me I could only race 2 times this season it would not be fair

29. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

My original methodology would make him eligible; He did win March 16th. Since we decided to go with total points it changes the picture on selection.

... However, IMO I would not like to go lower than 3rd place (podium per say) and perhaps we can select a weekly winner to fill the Division spot???

30. racefan78

racefan78

OFFICIAL PRIZE C SELECTION:

I am freezing the track. The DC5 has been raced many times in this league on a variety of different tracks. I think it's time to see a new car given a chance. Perhaps, if I may venture an unofficial suggestion, something unique and low PP.