Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

Sorry about the dc at Ascari. I remember you and I got of to a good start 1st and 2nd I believe after the first chicane. I felt like I was holding off a heard of buzzing bees for you while you set sail. I knew we're going to finish well so it sucks you got dc'd.
    Also we were both doing well at Spa. I eventually got overwhelmed by the faster guys though. It was a humbling and learning experience all at the same time.
    Good luck to you in the new division, you deserve to step up.
    GO GET EM!!!!

KTR5, chatva and rob1nh000d like this.
  2. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

If he is put in D6, he'll have to put up my BS. That should be enough encouragement to keep moving up the ladder.

goofytyler, Mirado_7 and chatva like this.
  3. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Congrats to @martin20az on being the March (and inaugural) Champion of Champions!! :cheers:

Also, congrats to everyone who was able to participate in this epic event! Getting an invite to the ROC now seems to be an extra incentive and reward for being a division champion. :tup:

And last but not least, I want to give HUGE props to @Wolfsatz for conceptualizing and directing this epic event! Way to go!! :bowdown:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Mirado_7, KTR5, ExoSphere64 and 2 others like this.
  4. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

As you all know, we'll be starting April season tomorrow night. Now that the stewards have completed the reviews from last week, I'd like to officially conclude the March season. While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, please allow me to congratulate the division champions:

Division 1
    @fizzer / fizzer82

Division 2
    @ptslopoke / PTslopoke

Division 3
    @Xradkins / Xrad-11

Division 4
    @Daniel Pinho / dpinho1975

Division 5
    @hooker4 / hooker4

Division 6
    @TEX36 / TEX-36

Division 7
    @rob1nh000d / rob1nh000d

Division 8
    @deaconblues82 / deacon-blues082

West Coast
    @GranStand Bill / GranStand_Bill

Congratulations to all nine of you! :cheers:

Nish, fzappa, KTR5 and 3 others like this.
  5. rob1nh000d

rob1nh000d

I love the way you said 'set sail'! Thank you very much. You must have held them off gallantly, because I only noticed one getting closer after the first two laps, and one, maybe two after the next two laps. Sorry the bees got to you, maybe I should have found a way that we could have held them off together. I have heard of some of the top level drivers doing such things together. Maybe we can both get to that level, and GET EM. :)

:gtpflag:DIVISION SEVEN .:gtpflag:

6. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I think it's appropriate, being as it's from Get Smart(ass). :sly:

rob1nh000d likes this.
  7. rob1nh000d

rob1nh000d

I really love the multi-media replies I've seen in this forum. Very funny and creative! Where do you guys find this stuff?? lol
    And how long have you been collecting it to have such choice selections? :tup:

8. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Google!

Azure Flare likes this.
  9. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

I'm still waiting for. @Azure Flare to guess my avatar lol

10. quattpequatt

quattpequatt

Any news on new driver placements ?

11. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I don't know who that is. Don't pull a @Swift Skid on me now...

12. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

One you figure it out tag me and respond with this :bowdown::O

13. rob1nh000d

rob1nh000d

True :) and I still have to give you guys the credit for very funny and creative associations.

Not to bring any glory to me, but did you guys catch the "big Balls" AC/DC reply a few days ago? I know you did @BayouSimDrifter. It awesome the way a creative association can transcend words and go right to the heart of the matter with a topping of class and kick ass!

BayouSimDrifter and Azure Flare like this.
  14. Bacon Strips

Bacon Strips

Christy Mack! :bowdown:

BayouSimDrifter likes this.
  15. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks to the stewards for all your hard work! We're nothing without you! :bowdown:

And to all you early birds who buried my TOTPP, the March champions are posted above! :sly:

16. Bacon Strips

Bacon Strips

deaconblues82 likes this.
  17. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

zer05ive likes this.
  18. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

In addition to the winner of the GranStand Challenge, I will award the person who scores the most points in the April season a Premium membership! I have already explained what a 1-year membership (you can't buy lifetime anymore) will get you here.

The only rule that I have is that those who are already premium members are ineligible.

To encourage everyone to participate, points from Sunday nights races will be totaled up at the end of the April season and the winner will receive their prize within a few days (or if someone is willing to keep track of the numbers and tells me who gets it, that would be appreciated).

Nish, msgt-sd, chatva and 1 other person like this.
  19. Troggy

Troggy

You tried Zero. You tried. I think several people sit up in the morning refreshing the page, waiting for someone to blink. Then all hell breaks loose :D

Banners will probably be done by tonight. I'm not sure that I saw any post-practice pictures, so if you posted pictures, do you mind quoting them for me?(I'll be at work all day so I won't be able to easily search.

(@shmibal_GT @Wolfsatz @KTR5

zer05ive likes this.
  20. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

You forgot that I am practically nocturnal now, so I saw it like it was normal to me.

21. Meshuslayv

Meshuslayv

Looks competitive!

22. Meshuslayv

Meshuslayv

I would like to get in on this!

Skills and zer05ive like this.
  23. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

@Meshuslayv Get in on this and you might even have a chance to win a premium membership!

zer05ive likes this.
  24. Skills

Skills Premium

@Meshuslayv,
    Thanks for your interest! If you hurry and run your time trial you can start the new season tomorrow.
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
    To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  25. speer9892003

speer9892003

Just out of curiosity can anyone share their times they are getting at Deep Forest?

Also, practice room is open at Deep Forest for anyone to join. Room number is 1472-6399-8365-2934-0911

JJLopez427 and Azure Flare like this.
  26. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I said new driver placements and promotion and relegation would all be done on Saturday. Saturday just started and it will be done by the time the day is over for me. Please notice what time zone I'm in and take that into consideration when I say what day something will be done.

27. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

@speer9892003 I've heard of 1:32s being posted, but I can't drive it worth anything, so "eventually" is my PB.

28. JJLopez427

JJLopez427

@speer9892003 I got 1:34:848 at my best.

29. nascarfan1400

nascarfan1400

I would like to join.

Do we have to show up every week?

zer05ive, Azure Flare and Skills like this.
  30. Neovre

Neovre

Yeah fuel injected 13B thanks to the gsl-se badge

And congrats to everyone who took part in the RoC, wish I was there.

CarCzar likes this.