◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,778 comments
I said new driver placements and promotion and relegation would all be done on Saturday. Saturday just started and it will be done by the time the day is over for me. Please notice what time zone I'm in and take that into consideration when I say what day something will be done.
Was not aware your pacific time, will wait some more

So I am currently doing a project about the automobile and I came across this.:lol::lol::lol: Maybe if we convinced Kaz to put this in we could race it.
266ef3f4bdb128136d75b17d7b08334f.jpg

April 6th, 2014 lineup
banners by @Troggy

ROUND ONE
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
(219HP / PP 408) (Sports Hard tires)
at Deep Forest
7 laps (7 minutes of qualifying)

photo by ???

ROUND TWO
2000 Mazda Roadster Touring Car
(214HP / PP 471) (Racing Hard tires)

at Tsukuba Circuit
11 laps (5 minutes of qualifying)

photo by ???

ROUND THREE
BMW M3 CSL '03
(371HP / PP 497) (Sports Medium tires)
at Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward
7 laps (7 minutes of qualifying)
CNaS1bb.jpg

photo by @KTR5

I would like to join.

Do we have to show up every week?
@nascarfan1400,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. While the rules don't expressly prohibit you from not showing up every week, once you get the rush from racing you'll be hard pressed to find reasons to keep you from attending every Sunday night! Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

@nascarfan1400,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. While the rules don't expressly prohibit you from not showing up every week, once you get the rush from racing you'll be hard pressed to find reasons to keep you from attending every Sunday night! Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:
I'll get to studying! Lol thank you.

I would like to join.

Do we have to show up every week?
You don't have to show up every week, but we provide lots of incentives and prizes for those that do. For example, someone who is consistent about racing in the March and April seasons will be winning a GranStand wheel stand!! who is consistent about racing on Sunday nights. Also, I noticed that you don't have a Premium membership so you should consider going for this prize from @Azure Flare :)

I'll get to studying! Lol thank you.
You've got the right idea ;)

Please also note that you'll need to get the time trial done asap if you want to be able to join tomorrow night's races. 👍

Congratulations to the Winners of the Race Of Champions. Thanks to S.N.A.I.L tonight for the opportunity to race in the Race of Champions.

Also a very BIG thanks to @chatva for his jumping right in afterwards and helping me with one of the problems I had in one of the other races. You really made me feel better @chatva. After you explained things to me, and then spent quite a bit of time on several tracks helping me to practice what you explained, I felt like it was possible I could minimize this type of disappointment in the future. I really needed that right then, and it really is an example, not just of one SNAIL helping another (which is awesome) but of a racer seeing when another is down and giving them encouragement and following it up with support. Thank you @chatva.

Also, thanks to @jobyone and Nish (sorry --I searched through the driver's list and I think he mentioned he is just joining or just getting back to SNAIL??) for both jumping in and helping me tonight as well with a problem corner I have at Deep Forest and a problem Chicane I have at Apricot Hill.

Is there any chance, that the aliens, have their finger, on the power generator, beneath the surface of the planet, Spock? That is not logical, Captain...:boggled:

@rob1nh000d I got into the Race of Champions room to observe and what I observed was jaw dropping, I've been reading on this thread all your inquiries of the wheel, game settings and such in order too improve your own race ability and knowledge!
I was so disappointed when after watching you battle for the lead then extend that lead to the point that no one could have caught you, only to get Disconnected close to the end of the race!

Then after all the racing was over and we got tougher, at Spa and especially apricot hill, you got even better!

You are a very rare "quick learner" and you will go far!

Thanks! The lineup post has been updated! Btw, has there ever been a post that outlines the length of qualifying sessions based on number of laps in a race or lap times? If so, I'll add it to the first post.

When skills sends out the weekly notifications the below text is included;
Skills
4 or fewer Race Laps - 2 Qualifying Laps
5 or 6 Race Laps - 3 Qualifying Laps
7 or more Race Laps - 4 Qualifying Laps

That algorithm is the basis for the calculations done in the director's doc. All I need is a median lap time, from one of the middle divisions, 3, 4 or 5, convert it to seconds and divide 660 by the lap time. Once I know that, the race laps get entered and the brooms take it from there to spit out the qualifying session time.

@kcheeb linked me a post he made several moons ago that shows race laps against lap times. If I can find it I'll link it.

Edit: corrected incorrect statement having to do with which to divide by which.

Last edited:
BORING!

Besides, this thread does have quite a lot of off-topic stuff anyway. But at least I see better quality posts here than the rest of the GT section.

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Mar 30 2014
Penalty Rate 50%
Banner by dabneyd

The Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo 6 Replay Lottery still appears to have the lights off and doors shut. Thankfully. Now, it appears we have some divisions that aren't uploading their replays.

Below are the results of the 28 incidents the stewards reviewed. Some were invalidated for inaccurate information and some were not reviewable for lack of replays.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to JLBowler, Neovre, Oshawa-Joe and tezgm99 for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. .@zer05ive & @kcheeb, these adjustments have been made in the director's and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Introducing the GranStand.
The GranStand racing stand system is fully modular, allowing for customization beyond the efforts of many others on the market. This also allows for selection of a model that fits not only your needs, but your budget as well, and always allows for additional modules.

The GranStand Challenge III Points have been updated with the races run on March 30th. If you find something amiss with your points, let me know asap, thanks!​

>>> GrandStand Challenge III Point Standings <<<

Don't forget your exclusive S.N.A.I.L. discount on all GranStand products!

Hopefully I can jump on tonight to get a little practice in before the April season! If all things go according to plan, I'll make all the races and contend for the Overall, and maybe have a shot at the Champion of Champions! :lol:

Here's to hoping, Cheers! :cheers:

1st Race Unofficial Results (Nurburgring)
1st. Martin
2nd. Klutch
3rd. Troggy
4th. Xrad
5th. Fizzer
6th. Serge19
7th. deaconblue
8th. Exosphere
9th. Tex36
10th. Canucklhead
11th. singlepadd
12th. robinhood
13th. elsbury
14th. Rinnfah (DNF/Disco)

2nd. Race (Ascari)
1st. Fizzer
2nd.Martin
3rd. K1utch
4th.serge19
5th. Canucklehead
6th. Exosphere
7th. Xrad
8th. Troggy
9th. Tex36
10th. deaconblues
11th.singlepaddy
12th. elsbury (DNF/DISCO)
13th. Robinhoon (DNF/DISCO)
14TH. Rinnfah (DNF/DISCO)

3rd Race (Spa)
1st. Klutch
2nd. Martin
3rd. Fizzer
4th. Troggy
5th. Serge19
6th. Canucklehead
7th. Rinnfah
8th. Robinhood
9th. Exosphere
10th. singlepaddy
11th. Xrad
12th. Tex36
13th. deconblues
14th. elsbury (DNF/DISCO)

FINAL RESULTS:
martin20az92
K1utch 90
fizzer84
Troggy72
Serge19 72
CanuckleheadII 60
Xradkins58
ExoSphere6456
TEX3642
singlepaddy38
rob1nh000d36
deaconblues8234
Rinnfah32
elsbury218
FloydC30

Congratulations to @martin20az our first SNAIL Champion of Champions!

NO live streaming for this one. I dont have the technical capabilities for it. I will take pictures we need a videographer for the next one.

Director's Report
We had a little delay from technical difficulties, had to restart and left the hosting to Tex. Everyone had a lot of fun and raced pretty clean. A few suffered from discos but most were able to finish without issues. The room lagged at times but not much. It was a great start that should be repeated next month.

There are some new ideas that were given and will shared here with everyone.

It would be great to have someone do a livestream of the race. Thanks to everyone that raced!
Race Hard, Race Clean, Race Snail!

@ Everyone that raced last night at the 1st ROC race, if someone can upload the replay of the 2nd race at Ascari. Please let me know if you have it.

@rob1nh000d I got into the Race of Champions room to observe and what I observed was jaw dropping, I've been reading on this thread all your inquiries of the wheel, game settings and such in order too improve your own race ability and knowledge!
I was so disappointed when after watching you battle for the lead then extend that lead to the point that no one could have caught you, only to get Disconnected close to the end of the race!

Then after all the racing was over and we got tougher, at Spa and especially apricot hill, you got even better!

You are a very rare "quick learner" and you will go far!

Very generous of you to say so. Thanks very much @chatva. I have since discovered that part of my success in that race was due to the gallant efforts of @singlepaddy. He deserves some of that jaw drop.

Last edited:
@ Everyone that raced last night at the 1st ROC race, if someone can upload the replay of the 2nd race at Ascari. Please let me know if you have it.

I just looked for it @Wolfsatz, I thought I'd put helping you before going and getting some very generous help from @K1utch in his just opened room, but then when I looked in my gallery I realized that I don't have that replay because I was disconnected during that race. Oh ya.:dunce:

Back