◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,414 comments
Also I cannot paint the "normal wheels" as it seems is customary. So is it ok to get custom wheels so I can paint them? (Could reduce weight, no?)

You can change the wheels, but I wouldn't change size.

Also I cannot paint the "normal wheels" as it seems is customary. So is it ok to get custom wheels so I can paint them? (Could reduce weight, no?)

The small list of things you can do are:

• Paint the body and wheels whatever color you like.
  • Buy new wheels, but don't go up in size or GT6 thinks you've tuned the car.
  • Perform the magic oil change that gives around 7% more power. Those calculations date back to 2007 for me, it may be different now.
  • Add body rigidity. From what I know, an older car will suffer from it (like the Ferrari 246 Dino we raced back in February), so I'm not sure if the Delta Integrale will benefit from it or not.
  • Adjust the brake balance. Since there is no way to police that, it is begrudgingly allowed.

Driver List has been updated. Im off to GT5 for a bit. Just realized my GT6 disc is cracked.

With that done, promotion and relegation is complete for this month. Take a look at the drivers list (it's linked in the first post of the thread or Oshawa-Joe's signature). I'm not seeing any submitted time trials at this moment but I am waiting for @kcheeb to make sure that we don't have any time trials stuck in spreadsheet limbo.

• Paint the body and wheels whatever color you like.
    • Buy new wheels, but don't go up in size or GT6 thinks you've tuned the car.
    • Perform the magic oil change that gives around 7% more power. Those calculations date back to 2007 for me, it may be different now.
    • Add body rigidity. From what I know, an older car will suffer from it (like the Ferrari 246 Dino we raced back in February), so I'm not sure if the Delta Integrale will benefit from it or not.
    • Adjust the brake balance. Since there is no way to police that, it is begrudgingly allowed.
    [/COLOR]
Great. Thanks for clearing that up. Forgive me if that was is the instructions. I did not see it.

With that done, promotion and relegation is complete for this month. Take a look at the drivers list (it's linked in the first post of the thread or Oshawa-Joe's signature). I'm not seeing any submitted time trials at this moment but I am waiting for @kcheeb to make sure that we don't have any time trials stuck in spreadsheet limbo.
Would you like me to PM you my time trial? If my time is stuck in spreadsheet limbo, Since it's really just to switch divisions.

What, we can add body rigidity? When did that happen and who uses it?

Anything that can be done in GT Auto gets past the no-tuning setting on GT6. The last time we raced the Megane Trophy at Spa, I did every service available and was able to race.

Like I said, not all cars will benefit from adding rigidity.

Banners for 4/6/14

@zer05ive

FWa8IrH.jpg

Photo by @Wolfsatz

bd7i2Bv.jpg

Photo by @shmibal_GT

Anything that can be done in GT Auto gets past the no-tuning setting on GT6. The last time we raced the Megane Trophy at Spa, I did every service available and was able to race.

Like I said, not all cars will benefit from adding rigidity.
Anyone have more insight on this matter? Is it worth trying? And on which cars?

What, we can add body rigidity? When did that happen and who uses it?

I use it but it's just a habit as all my cars get it as soon as I purchase them and as far as I can tell right from the beginning of GT6 it was still classified as "stock".

Couldn't tell you if it's worth it or not as I've never driven without it on any of my vehicles.

Now you get to put up with me. :mischievous:

All the new guys for D6, remember to send me an FR on PSN.

Thank you @Azure Flare! I am happy that I will be meeting and racing with everyone in D6 (of course some of us have been in practice rooms together already). I am also happy that five other racers from D7 have moved here as well. It's kind of like still being home. And I am sure that those still in D7 will be joining us in the near future!

and, THANK YOU @JLBowler for all your hard and involved work doing both your stewarding, and your Division transitions. On some level, work is work, and you did it, THANKS

May your lap times improve very quickly, @JLBowler, to make up for all the time you spend helping others
that keeps you from getting to the track!
OLD RACING SAYING

Last edited:
Will the premium giveaway be based on total points scored all four weeks, or just the top 3 scores like the standings use?

Thanks to all the guys in the practice room tonight, to many to tag but I learnt a lot and ready for racing. Everybody kept me on my toes and I've improved a lot since I signed up. Thanks again everyone.

@Troggy To encourage participation, the total points the end of the season are what counts.

Whoever scores the most points overall at the end of April will be the winner. Those who already have premium memberships are automatically ineligible.

Thank you @Azure Flare! I am happy that I will be meeting and racing with everyone in D6 (of course some of us have been in practice rooms together already). I am also happy that five other racers from D7 have moved here as well. It's kind of like still being home. And I am sure that those still in D7 will be joining us in the near future!

and, THANK YOU @JLBowler for all your hard and involved work doing both your stewarding, and your Division transitions. On some level, work is work, and you did it, THANKS

May your lap times improve very quickly, @JLBowler, to make up for all the time you spend helping others that keeps you from getting to the track! OLD RACING SAYING

Thank you for the kind words. I wish the work would translate to the track but it just doesn't seem to work that way. The more I take on with S.N.A.I.L., the slower I get on Sundays. With that being said, this is a great group of competitors that I am proud to be a part of and anything I can do to help, I will continue to do for the good of the league. Maybe one day I will become efficient enough that I will have time to practice again and get back up to D1 where I have spent quite a bit of time. The great thing about S.N.A.I.L. is even with my diminished skills, I can still find a large group of guys to race with that I'm right in line with. To give everyone an idea of my week working on promotion and relegation and division leveling and stewarding, I was finally able to find the time to buy the Roadster about 30 minutes ago. It's painted up and ready to go and hopefully I can get a few laps in tomorrow before we race.

can i join guys?
@sysyphus,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Back