◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
Last night was a lot of fun, and intense at times in a good way. I got my first two wins and my first two disconnects. The first disco was the most frustrating as I was in third on Tsukuba on lap six, which was a vindication of sorts of my previous race with the Miata, wherein I was plagued by oversteer (that never popped up in practice). The next disco was as the countdown clock hit one on the start of the next race after a poor qualifying attempt at Apricot Hill. I have never had disco problems previously, and I was tempted to just call it a night at that point, assuming I'd be kicked during the next race. I'm glad I didn't, as I ended up finishing that one for the win, though by just the skin of my teeth (1/8 of a mile more and Floyd would have had me).

I am now the replay uploader for D4. This AM I uploaded the four replays I had - the game did not allow me to access the replays for the two races I was disconnected from.

Get with your division mates to see if one of them has a replay for the 2 you're missing. Arrange to get them where either you or the stewards can get at them.

Anyone use a Thrustmaster racing wheel to race with? If so how is it?

I've used the DFGT since GT5 shortly came out a few years ago and I personally think it does pretty well. I used a controller like you when I play GT5 the first weeks it was out until I could afford the $129, I was quick with a ds3, but the DFGT helped me get quicker and more precise. Now that I'm used to it, its a good wheel for someone if they are on a budget or don't have the extra cash, or switching from a controller. As far as the thrustmaster I personally
don't know but I have good things about it in the past.

I've owned dfgt g27 & t500
Dfgt is cheapest but gets the job done
G27 is next step up I'd have to say the pedals are by far the best
T500 is good wheel but when it comes to pedal there crap!

Overall I stuck with my g27 well worth the price and is
Better then dfgt and better then t500 pedals

Is there any way we could figure out a way to have combos available on Monday instead of Thursday? I really don't have time to practice on the weekend and if I'm going to be stuck racing against D1 drivers I need more time to prepare.

Nope.

Not unless you move the Incident deadline, way up (that'd be the middle of the night), then pay the Stewards to review and penalize/clear the winner within, say, 12 hours, and then actually have a cleared winner take the time to test a combo, and/or respond to several PMs indicating they need to make a choice.... Nope - not happening.

Sarcasm on/ Sure, we'll move the deadline to submit incident reports to 30 minutes after the Sunday night racing is finished. We'll institute a deadline of 2AM ET Monday morning for all replays to be uploaded. We will set a deadline of Noon ET on Monday for steward reviews to be done. At that point all the results will be official and the prize winners can begin to make their selections. They will only have until 2PM ET on Monday to do that or we will have to switch over to suggestions from the other division members and then a vote. Two hours to make suggestions and two hours to vote ought to be enough time for that. Combos could be announced by 6PM ET on Monday.

That wouldn't be impossible for anyone, would it? /sarcasm off
I'm talking about thinking outside the box. Adjusting rewards so they are applied on the following week...so people know further in advance what is coming up. Is that really too hard to swallow?

I'm talking about thinking outside the box. Adjusting rewards so they are applied on the following week...so people know further in advance what is coming up. Is that really too hard to swallow?

This has already been thought about, by several people. No. Everyone has the same amount of time to prepare, every week.

We have had that discussion several times. No one has made the idea workable.

Well, I guess really, it would depend on how good or bad everyone was driving. The more incidents, the more money!

D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 4/6/14

Deep Forest Raceway.jpg

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @ParkerMO125 1:33.415
Round 2 : @ParkerMO125 0:58.103
Round 3 : @RobbiefromBC 1:27.875

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Nish 1:33.415
Round 1 Race 2 : @Nish 1:33.315

Round 2 Race 1 : @ParkerMO125 0:57.838
Round 2 Race 2 : @RobbiefromBC 0:57.735

Round 3 Race 1 : @RobbiefromBC 1:27.820
Round 3 Race 2 : @ParkerMO125 1:27.834

...and so begins another season in S.N.A.I.L. As the data would suggest it looks like a 2 horse race at the front but in reality the rest of D2 is marginally behind. All it will take is series of combos that suit some and not others and you got one hell of a setup for the remainder of the month. Awesome racing in D2! Let's keep our noses clean and our foot planted!:cheers:

Congrats to @ParkerMO125 for taking the win for the night! 👍

Full data set can be found here.

I have a t500 with a Bodin load cell on the brake pedal I use as my primary wheel. I had a g27 and it is better for me for outright speed. I enjoy the feel of the T500 better but am faster with the g27. If I was going for outright speed as I time trials or gt Academy I'd get another g27 but I'm OK with being a slight bit slower and enjoying the feel of the wheel more.

Are G27's going down in price yet? My DFGT grumbles with every turn... going on 5 years old. I can't seem to find any on Craigslist either.

Last edited:
This has already been thought about, by several people. No. Everyone has the same amount of time to prepare, every week.

If there was a way it could be done, everyone would still have the same time to prepare, but more opportunity to do so knowing the combos in advance. I am just happy to race again, in D8, which is challenge enough for me LOL. If a combo was known earlier, I would be able to practice hopefully more than I have. I was caught short this week not having enough credits to buy the Mazada and had to watch. Thanks to all who put in the extra time to get the info out as quick as you can. For me right now, it is just having the chance to race, which is good enough at this point :)

D7, who was keeping score last night? I'm working on the results post, but noticed the that Round 2 and Round 3 is missing for you guys. :confused:

Agreed. Seems like if we just applied the prize to the following week it would make everyone's life a little easier. Stewards can have a later deadline to finish reviewing incidents, the deadline could be extended to file incidents, more time for prize winners to pick combos, etc...

I may be missing something here but Im not sure. I just don't see a disadvantage.

I'm just waiting here for @JLBowler to come respond with his juice analogy. I love juice.

I also think it should go without saying that if you are the scorekeeper for your division, then it is your responsibility to make sure the scores are in directors doc the same night as the racing.

The directors already have way too much on their plates to have to worry about hunting people down to finish the job they volunteered for. If you can't do it in a timely manner, don't volunteer.

D7, who was keeping score last night? I'm working on the results post, but noticed the that Round 2 and Round 3 is missing for you guys. :confused:
Our scorekeeper disco'd round 2 race 1. I have the replays but have not been home yet since last night. I'll be home around midnight. If I get access to the docs I can watch the instructions and input the data when I get home.

Our scorekeeper disco'd round 2 race 1. I have the replays but have not been home yet since last night. I'll be home around midnight. If I get access to the docs I can watch the instructions and input the data when I get home.
Thanks, but that's a bit late to post the results. Is there anyone else in D7 who can enter the results for Rounds 2 and 3?

Elsbury2 I believe got disconnected so idk, hopefully they turn up. :confused: i know @BayouSimDrifter and @joe_diben should have some replays. As i dont have a computer i do not know how to upload that stuff.
For the results post, I just need someone to post the finishing order for the last four races. We can worry about uploading the videos later. Do you think you can manually post the results here on the thread?

Back