Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

agreed. I never said contact was acceptable, i basically said its always going to happen.

2. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

Just to be a smart ass, how does one passively pass someone?:sly:

3. hillracing

hillracing

I think the whole d1 debate is interesting because people on the anti d1 bandwagon seem to think we don't respect the olr yet those who race in d1 and enjoy the crazy intense battles have no problem with the way people race and consider it to be clean. I've thought about this a lot and here's the best way I can sum it up. In d1 we race by the same rules you race with in real life. Few people care about a little bump here and there if it doesn't effect the outcome of the race. One other way to look at it is in d1 the drivers push the limits of everything and because of that mistakes are made that sometimes involve some contact. If you're driving at 100% and make a mistake usually the effect is greater than driving at 95% and making the same mistake. I think most d1 drivers understand that and just enjoy the level of racing that we have. Personally I file reports only when it effects the results of the race and the person doesn't concede the position. If a driver tries to pass me and makes contact but we exit the corner in the same position it's called a mistake. If someone dive bombs and makes contact and completes the pass it's dirty and I report it.

4. joe_diben

joe_diben

Practicing Tsukuba if anyone cares to join

1472-6118-3658-4756-4807

Col_Mustard likes this.
  5. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Yes, our logo will be on Nick's helmet for the duration of the season. :)

The one on the front page is the one we've had for a long time. The "new" logo has not been finalized or released yet, but it looks cool!! :D

intoflatlines likes this.
  6. GumballCGT

GumballCGT Premium

What's up guys?! Been missing racing with you all but as you know I've got some other racing to attend ;)

Been in the UK for the last week doing some fitness training making sure we are good to go come Monza this weekend. Definitely excited and ready to do the real thing. None of this practice stuff lol. I'll be posting updates of the race weekend on my athlete page which you can click the link below for. I'll also be posting on twitter where you can follow @GumballCGT. Time to go kick some ass this weekend!

Lastly, I wanted to say you guys are absolutely awesome and I greatly appreciate all of your support!!! I was going to wait to post up a picture with the finalized deal we have going on but it looks like @zer05ive beat me to it! It's good to have a great group like everyone here behind me and I hope to make you proud. Another SNAIL can win GT Academy this year so you better make sure you're getting your practice on and not only on the game if you think you can make it to Silverstone. Hit the gym, do a track day, an auto x, or whatever you can do to prepare. I better see some of you this year going at it! I'm trying to make sure I can be around for each process it takes to get to win. I want to be there for everything if I can and play a part in helping choose the next NISMO athlete. If you guys have any questions about anything feel free to PM and I'll try to help you out. Good luck boys and thank you again!

- Nick

gumsdad, TEX36, FloydC3 and 21 others like this.
  7. Neovre

Neovre

Well written, simple as that. Let's move on. What are the new combo's? *fish slap duck, matrix style*

Oshawa-Joe likes this.
  8. hooker4

hooker4

@KTR5 my time at monza after a few laps Is 1:47.304

KTR5 and aliengamer25 like this.
  9. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Aggressive = ready or likely to attack or confront; characterized by or resulting from aggression.

I think passes can be made with out being aggressive but I do see your point;)

Mirado_7 likes this.
  10. IceWarden

IceWarden

By driving faster...being an even smarter ass....

Azure Flare and Mirado_7 like this.
  11. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

Will this or any of the season be televised (online counts) somewhere? If so where?

And good luck out there!

12. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

.082 is a close gap, congrats man.

13. martin20az

martin20az

IMG_20140408_135829629_HDR.jpg My best lap- 1:45.802

FloydC3 and KTR5 like this.
  14. fzappa

fzappa Premium

I'm in for the gold sponsorship.

gumsdad, zer05ive and KTR5 like this.
  15. fizzer

fizzer

Fixed for ya. Aggressive != Dirty.

I offer proof using what I call Snail Math ;)

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = Incident

Incident = Bad

Dirty * Aggressive = Bad

Incident = Dirty * Agressive

Aggressive(passer + defender) = Dirty * Aggressive

passer + defender = Dirty

on the flipside:

passer + defender = Clean

Aggressive(passer + defender) = Clean * Aggressive

Clean = -Dirty

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = -Dirty * Aggressive

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = -(Incident)

Pass = -Incident

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = Pass

In other words 1 + 1 = 5 :cheers:

ParkerMO125 and Mirado_7 like this.
  16. IceWarden

IceWarden

I'm sorry but I race like I would in real life also. I would definitely be pissed off if someone gave my half million dollar ride a "bump" as you put it. I know that drivers racing in real life actually do not like to have their cars banged into all race long and crew chiefs especially don't like it.

The only way you find out that a bump doesn't affect the outcome of the race is AFTER the bump. So I suppose you just drive your ass in there and pray that your bump isn't too much of a bump?

I've been a witness of this driving "style" if you will. All the mid race apologies on the mic and excuses saying things like "must have been a lag spike" is just not good enough for SNAIL.

If you took your GT Academy Nissan and bumped everyone on the track like some of you say is "how we drive in real life" then I doubt you'd be racing for very long.

17. Neovre

Neovre

My time: 1:48.190 for the gtr gt3 monza time trial

Attached Files:

18. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

Noone said bumping around all the time, but it is going to happen. You arent going to let off after a corner you were slightly faster on then the guy in front, when you got numerous guys directly behind you. Youre going to bump him. Your team could care less about a dent. Watch some v8 supercars

RobbiefromBC likes this.
  19. GumballCGT

GumballCGT Premium

Yes! It will be. I'm not 100% sure the schedule for everything tv wise. Our race starts at 9am EST (6am PST) for all of you who would like to watch live. Click on the link below within the dates it has listed for Monza. Maybe they will have video for qualy and everything too. There was a sticker on the dash of the GTR during Paul Ricard for YouTube to "watch live now" so maybe it's live on YouTube at NISMO.TV. I will let you all know when I find out for sure!

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/gt-tv

FloydC3, JJLopez427, zer05ive and 3 others like this.
  20. Neovre

Neovre

Huge fan of the BES races, best of luck this weekend.

zer05ive likes this.
  21. IceWarden

IceWarden

Thats only one of many types of bumps. The out of the corner acceleration bump is the most minor bump of all. Its the side bumps and braking bumps that cause the problems

22. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

agreed, but those are the type caused by the follow cars error, so we'll call those collisions.

23. IceWarden

IceWarden

Uh oh...now you've opened a can of worms ;)

ParkerMO125 likes this.
  24. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Not to change the subject but -

The S.N.A.I.L. DriveTrain Challenge (DTC) - Open to all

[​IMG]
    Tuesday Race Night
    (Event will take place in a friends only room)

04/08/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
    1710 (SM)
    All cars PP must be between 406 and 449

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

High Speed Ring

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the

Please click on the images below for more details on the series.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    88GTA, Nish and JoeW like this.
  25. fizzer

fizzer

Like the one around 2:00 in this video?

Dear lord that was horrible! That guy should have his racing license revoked!

I doubt a penalty was filed and the drivers probably laughed it off in the bar after the race.

Caddy Guy: "Dang son, I nearly lost it on that tap into the corkscrew! Had no idea you were there, man those brakes are good on that Porsche"

Porsche Guy: "Haha, yeah. Sweet save. Good thing you have 50hp on us, because I was all over your fat butt. Fun race though, I'll see you in my rear view next round :cheers:"

JoeW likes this.
  26. IceWarden

IceWarden

That COULD have been ugly. I'm sure the Caddy guy was not happy at the time...probably cursing the ground he walked on...

LeoStrop and intoflatlines like this.
  27. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

You lost me at math.

28. CarCzar

CarCzar

That's more of a nervous habit...I drive heel-toe in my car, and I guess it seems to have carried over when I shift during braking in GT6. I don't kick the throttle though... Kaz was nice enough to program the game to do it for me ;)

29. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

all i know is race in the moment, because that very moment is what decides the next.

30. goofytyler

goofytyler

I would like to get the silver package for now, but put me down as a maybe cause I got to make sure I have enough saved up when I graduate in 5 weeks.