Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Anybody just wanting to run some hot laps or improve skills on Tsubuka I have a separate room for that.

1472-6681-3158-0100-8229

2. moeom

moeom

Done. :) Time to read up on all the events. So many to go through. :eek:

zer05ive and Skills like this.
  3. whatbadgerseat

whatbadgerseat

zer05ive and hooker4 like this.
  4. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Oh boy. I don't, and won't transfer it. But you apparently would, and would try to influence others to do so as well.

This part. I do what I can to minimize how I might be affected by another person's mistakes, I'll be damned if I'll take any responsibility for what others decide, whether it affects me or not. Rest assured though, I will decide on how to act when those mistakes do affect me.

5. hooker4

hooker4

Does it appear we have moved on? :tup:

mopar440 likes this.
  6. hooker4

hooker4

Guess not :banghead:

Troggy likes this.
  7. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I am. I am on Spring Break for next 10 days. I may have internet connectivity, not sure if I'll have time to check in.

Catch ya on the flip side.

racefan78, KTR5 and hooker4 like this.
  8. elsbury2

elsbury2

I don't know why

9. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Medium shirt please.

10. Kgffy

Kgffy

Hi racers, quick ?, because I'm still a snail newbie lol, is there a procedure during practice races when someone is obvisouly being dirty especially during several races and more then once incident ?, now I appreciate div2 alot more since seeing what happens during these practice races.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  11. Neovre

Neovre

I uhh... don't know, I just try my best to drive away from them... they usually mess themselves up if you avoided their dirty move.

12. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I usually chastise them during the race over the mic. But that's probably not procedure. But it's not like we can file reports or anything so that's just what I do.

13. Kgffy

Kgffy

Ok jst wondering, alot of us know the difference when it's someone less experience, new to snail, made a mistake or when someone is jst plain dirty over and over again. Sure stewards see stuff in practice Rms and will send pm's to those ppl.

14. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

They will usually get theirs so don't worry, let them do their thing and they will end up wastung seconds off the track. As long as you stay clean and productive you have nothing to worry about, as you are the bigger man in the situation just by ignoring them and their stupidity. If it is a completely visible intention on their part ex. ramming you at 80mph when you are about to enter a turn and your punted like a football, then I'd would say atleast save the replay just in case. Becaise whether practicing or racing S.N.A.I.L.S know better to act like that regardless.

15. ExoSphere64

ExoSphere64

Pretty stoked with the new update... I hear there will be another update before the end of the week. From what I read, it looks like the update will correct the shadows on infield grass, add deeper texture to the laces on racing shoes and the ability to choose the color and style of caps on tire stems...

facepalm.jpg

16. chatva

chatva (Banned)

We ran A lot of practice laps/Races at Tsukuba tonight and several race's were single file, I actually asked all to attempt this and it's something I've been practicing lately.

I have learned that I can start at the back and use extreme race craft and not try for a win, just race the guy in front of me and see where he is slow then I shoot for it and if it ain't right then just settle back in and maintain our draft and as the forward drivers error we are there to gain without effort.

I in the past I would gain on my opponent within the draft to intimidate the driver ahead I would pull out to show an intent to pass on the inside and before the turn jump back behind, only to see that the drivers ahead have extended their lead!

Intimidation factor is good but you both just lost! (Time) and it may even result in one or both drivers over driving the corner and or coming into unnecessary contact!

As I spoke of between races let's just race single file and all participants gave it a admiral try and IT WORKED! And on a couple of occasions we wound up finishing all very close together!

GREAT PRACTICE SNAILS!

moeom, chuyler1, KTR5 and 3 others like this.
  17. hooker4

hooker4

Missed you sunday chat

chatva likes this.
  18. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks! I've got the sponsor list updated!

Noted this as well. Thanks!

KTR5 likes this.
  19. chatva

chatva (Banned)

I plan to be there this coming Sunday!

D4 Rule,s

zer05ive likes this.
  20. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

A SNAIL tee shirt (med), "chat must have" sign me up! @zer05ive

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    zer05ive likes this.
  21. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

Running single file works wonders! @ParkerMO125 & I gaped the D2 field by over 8 seconds just by doing this! Mind you, I wouldn't have been able to pass him unless he made a mistake... C'est la vie no?

chatva likes this.
  22. jobyone

jobyone Premium

My favorite post of the last few weeks. Thanks Exo. How many more weeks do you have to sit in the corner?

23. ExoSphere64

ExoSphere64

One more week!! :D

24. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks chat! Sponsor list updated. :)

I know it's not who's in that picture, but I can't help but think it's one of the Pet Shop Boys! :lol:

25. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

@zer05ive put me down for platinum sponsor
    Shirt size large

KTR5 likes this.
  26. Neovre

Neovre

I think I made the same intimidation move on you once and it worked for me lol... You need to lure them into defending and quickly jump all the way to the outside for a late apex, good exit. It also depends on the corner type in which it is very effective at Tsukuba because of the ability to run multiple lines through those hairpins

chatva and aliengamer25 like this.
  27. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

I agree I used the hairpins to my advantage Sunday in the first race of Tsubuka, since qualified pole position the competition couldn't keep up with me and the second race I started in 11th and used the hairpins mostly to overtake and finished in second. Not to shabby I kinda like this combo, lots of options.

28. fzappa

fzappa Premium

T-Shirt size is XXL. I bank with Wells Fargo. Send me a PM for acct info:)

29. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks plat support, dgaf! I've added you to the sponsor list! Good GT Academy karma is officially yours! :sly:

Thanks tcrash! I appreciate your support now and through out the past 2+ years! :cheers:

30. hillracing

hillracing

You do it your way and I'll do it mine. All I know is what I'm saying has worked for me for the last 19 years or so in real life and on the Sim.

BTW, I don't know where you get this whole transfer idea from. Did you make it up because I sure as hell didn't say it.

Neovre likes this.