◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,685 comments
You do it your way and I'll do it mine. All I know is what I'm saying has worked for me for the last 19 years or so in real life and on the Sim.

BTW, I don't know where you get this whole transfer idea from. Did you make it up because I sure as hell didn't say it.

What you stated appears to be trying to convince others they should be driving your car as well as their own and take evasive maneuvers to avoid you if you make a mistake. Either that or perhaps you think we should all just get out of your way, if we see you in the rear view. It appears you think others should take responsibility for being a victim of poor racecraft, especially when it's yours.

You asked the question, of another driver, the same question every rape victim asks themselves after they've been violated. To my knowledge, this is called transference. You were trying to transfer your responsibility for your actions, to make the victim responsible for the results.

I'll quote it again, just in case you've forgotten what you wrote.

Here's a question, what could you have done differently to have avoided my mistake having harmed your race? That question fully explored will stop you being a victim of other people's bad racecraft.

I'll end my participation in this particular discussion here. Yes, unfortunately, like you, I'll keep doing it my way, as it has worked for me for the last 30 years.

You do it your way and I'll do it mine. All I know is what I'm saying has worked for me for the last 19 years or so in real life and on the Sim.

BTW, I don't know where you get this whole transfer idea from. Did you make it up because I sure as hell didn't say it.

It's hard to explain fully or to convince most people who does not have real world experience of racing sometimes. I have tried at certain occasions to explain and failed. They will just have to learn over a longer period of time that being able to protect yourself on track is much more efficient than quarrelling over things "by the rules" after crashes happened and race is lost.

bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@KTR5 - Gold (Medium shirt)
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
@fzappa - Gold (XXL shirt)
@goofytyler - Silver (maybe)
@whatbadgerseat - Bronze
@chatva - Gold (Medium shirt)
@dgaf95integra - Platinum (Large shirt)

Platinum package for the GOAT please! Go Nick!! (I will take a LG shirt.)

all this dodging bad racecraft debate has got me upset, but in a different way. Everyone is saying things like 'so n so years of experience bla bla'..great, it seems if everyone is a bleeping race car driver and im stuck as a bleeping delivery driver..

Soo jealous i could cry

It's hard to explain fully or to convince most people who does not have real world experience of racing sometimes. I have tried at certain occasions to explain and failed. They will just have to learn over a longer period of time that being able to protect yourself on track is much more efficient than quarrelling over things "by the rules" after crashes happened and race is lost.
What you fail to understand is this is a video game governed by a different set of rules that state contact is NOT allowed.

You have no idea who here has track experience and who does not. So stop with the "they just don't understand" rhetoric. What you don't get is, we understand your thought process, we just do not happen to think it is appropriate here or on the track.

Running into the left rear of someone's car after they have initiated turn in is YOUR fault...everytime. And saying things like "it has worked for me here and in real life for years". Well apparently it hasn't worked as well you thought.

I wish there was some kind reputation system like joby or someone mentioned a long time ago...

Leaving a swath of destruction in his wake, he drives on, oblivious to the...

What you fail to understand is this is a video game governed by a different set of rules that state contact is NOT allowed.

You have no idea who here has track experience and who does not. So stop with the "they just don't understand" rhetoric. What you don't get is, we understand your thought process, we just do not happen to think it is appropriate here or on the track.

Running into the left rear of someone's car after they have initiated turn in is YOUR fault...everytime. And saying things like "it has worked for me here and in real life for years". Well apparently it hasn't worked as well you thought.

I wish there was some kind reputation system like joby or someone mentioned a long time ago...

Guys, seriously we need to move on...

The pros will wreck each other and go on camera right afterward and say "That's racin' boys, checkers or wreckers". That's not what this club is about....we all know that. This club is about insurance claims racing. Driver behind is always at fault. If you make contact...the next thing you do should be to lift off and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Guys, seriously we need to move on...
yes, as i re read everything very carefully and it seems things are being taken out of context anyhow.

BUT- Who else is ready for the all clear, so we can see the new combos, if my prize C remains, and it ends with me picking a car, i have a pretty high dollar one in mind that provides the people the power they have been craving :)

yes, as i re read everything very carefully and it seems things are being taken out of context anyhow.

BUT- Who else is ready for the all clear, so we can see the new combos, if my prize C remains, and it ends with me picking a car, i have a pretty high dollar one in mind that provides the people the power they have been craving :)
Under $750,000 right?

I apologize for the language I have used, I thought I would help end this but not when I got woken up by the cold middle of the night.

All I am trying to say is we focus on driving smart and out of trouble during the race despite some bad racecraft out there that can jeopardize us and we can then file IRs per the rules after the race. That way we can also improve our situation awareness if someone is about to divebomb or t-bone us, avoid it and have a cleaner race overall for everyone else and not end in a potential cluster. That has been our goal has it not?

Moving on.

Under $750,000 right?

👍 almost any car :eek:
let's get one of those fast ones for a change of pace!

By the way guys,
Disclaimer: This is purely a speculation.
I noticed something about the tire rule and it popped out at me when I was playing with cars that can go with Apricot Speedway (or whatever the official name is).

The tire rule we have is giving a slightly grippier tire for the cars like the M3 CSL, I went to try out the RUF RGT on sports soft (it could be on sport mediums as @jobyone pointed out later). These grippier tires make the car roll too much in the corner with the given suspensions and it has been exposed by all the esses on this track making it very tricky to keep the car straight and fast.

From a technique purist stand point, this is a good challenge and a good way to practice smoothness.

At the same time I find it frustrating and tiring as you always have to be on your toes with the feel of the car.

By the way guys,
Disclaimer: This is purely a speculation.
I noticed something about the tire rule and it popped out at me when I was playing with cars that can go with Apricot Speedway (or whatever the official name is).

The tire rule we have is giving a slightly grippier tire for the cars like the M3 CSL, I went to try out the RUF RGT on sports soft (it could be on sport mediums as @jobyone pointed out later). These grippier tires make the car roll too much in the corner with the given suspensions and it has been exposed by all the esses on this track making it very tricky to keep the car straight and fast.

From a technique purist stand point, this is a good challenge and a good way to practice smoothness.

At the same time I find it frustrating and tiring as you always have to be on your toes with the feel of the car.
Yeah RGT has changed a bit from GT5 to GT6 ;)

Yeah RGT has changed a bit from GT5 to GT6 ;)

All the rear engined and mid engined cars are a lot tamer now too compared to the beginning of GT6, have been too busy practicing Snail combo's to notice that till now. But yeah I can totally feel the weight in the rear compared to GT5

All the rear engined and mid engined cars are a lot tamer now too compared to the beginning of GT6, have been too busy practicing Snail combo's to notice that till now. But yeah I can totally feel the weight in the rear compared to GT5
Don't lift mid corner. I tried the Lancia Stratos at HSR last night testing for DTC Snail and I didn't make it through the first tight left hander before it came around on me. But then drive the NSX RM...which was fantastic in GT5...and it understeers like a FF car now. I don't get it.

Back