◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
750,000 credits? If I could just throw something out there...

1(1).jpg

This.

SOWS_Full_color.jpg

Here.
:sly:

Ya know... The Dodge has been ran before. A couple of years ago when I was in D2... :eek:. I think I even won a race with it. Win the right, make your pick and all hecklers be damned! :P

What the ....sorry to red room I guess my ps 3 locked up when I exited. I went to get some coffee and returned to find myself on the grid....thankfully last. I exited again....and it worked.

Fiat was OK. It definitely led to some really close racing, but the course is a little too "fast" for the car. It was good fun though, lots of good battles going on!

1472-6681-3243-9094-3235

Red Room is now Gt3 at Monza, come enjoy the festivities and try to win that prize thing.

BLANCPAIN GT Series
at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza)

10007460_265590270269612_740092633_n.jpg

In honor of 2013 USA GT Academy Champion, Nick McMillen racing at Monza this coming weekend, April 13th, I would like to propose a small contest. @GumballCGT (Nick) will be racing in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3. Therefore, I would like to invite everyone to a little time trial contest.

1. Purchase (in the Nissan dealership) GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 (Cr. 350,000) with racing hard tires. Only an oil change is allowed.
  • PP = 617
  • HP = 621
  • Weight = 1350 kg

2. Run laps at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza) in an online lobby. These laps can be done on your own or in a group. Please follow all current S.N.A.I.L. regulations regarding tuning and clean racecraft.

3. Reply to this post with your best lap time. Please include the entire full time, i.e., m:ss.sss / 1:30.000. DEADLINE TO POST LAP TIME IS FRIDAY, APRIL 11th at 8:00 AM ET. We are running this "On your honor." Please post your honest best lap. A screenshot is also advised to be posted.

4. Whoever is closest to Nick's fastest lap time wins.

5. The winner will get 10 $hells. I am still waiting to hear about an opportunity to upgrade the prize. If the upgrade is available, I'll update this post at that time.

Short on cash? No problem!

Option B - Under Single Player mode, select time trial, select Monza and the choose the GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13. It is the same car, but you'll be without the oil change. Please specify if you used option B in your post. If you are the winning with the closest time via option B, you will win 5 $hells!

I'm having loads of trouble with the fiat on cs tires. Im lagging 5 seconds behind the pack, but I do okay with the other 2 combos anyone care to
Chime in from d1 d2?

Thank you for your help this last week everyone. Thanks @CarCzar on Tsukuba. Thank you @Neovre on Silverstone. Thanks @Xradkins for your knowledge of car pitch and for waiting up for me in that race when we did not even bump each other -- I think just because you saw me back there. Thanks @chatva for being a peacemaker. Thanks @Wolfsatz for your pointers. Thanks @Drgreenthumb977 for your concern for all drivers and the league. Thanks for those who have been here for a long time (1 year, 2 years -- amazing), I see now a little more of what that takes and I think it is the most awesome thing of all that a person can achieve -- sticking it out through the thick and the thin, going through the phases of the league and of yourself and of other individuals. (Of course at times we have to leave because of external circumstances). imho, it means more than fast laps, winning races, winning weekends, or anything -- just being here for a looooonnnnnngggg time....

Sorry for the unfortunate and untimely bump @SCCARACER36. I really sincerely mean it.

:gtpflag:S.N.A.I.L .:gtpflag:

Good night John boy...

Last edited:
I'm personally not a fan of this "freeze" thing. Too much waiting on other people, delays, confusion, and back-and-forth. Can't we do something simple like give prize C a $hell or...?
The freeze has nothing to do with the fact that we would still be waiting on the prize B winner to make a pick.

The Diablo has a dealership PP of 593 and will run on race hard tires.
Good point! It'd still be nicer to have it structured where one prize winner doesn't have to wait for someone else to make their pick. Just my 2 cents!
I'd like to propose a potential solution to the recurring issue of waiting for unresponsive prize winners to make their selections or intentions known. Maybe it's time that we implement a "you snooze, you lose" type of policy. Since the Prize C winner is now much more involved in the prize selection process than ever before, we could use him to help speed up the prize selection process instead of having him slow it down. Here's what I mean..

Let's say the prize winners are announced and then given the "all clear" to make their selections. The way it's currently set up is that the Prize B winner has to pick whether or not he wants to freeze the car/track of the combo or if he wants to be the one who picks the replacement car/track. After that decision is made, the Prize C winner gets whatever is left. What if we just gave the Prize B winner a set amount of time to post his decision on the thread. If he doesn't, the Prize C winner automatically gets the traditional Prize B prize (pick what will be replaced and also what will replace it).

On the other hand, let's say the Prize B winner does indeed post his choice in a timely manner. At that point we're waiting on the Prize C winner. But what if the Price C winner is the one that's MIA? If that's the case, perhaps we should just give the Prize B winner the traditional Prize B prize and remove the unresponsive Prize C winner from the equation (like the way it's been for the vast majority of this league's existence).

Simply put, we can't force a prize winner to log into GTPlanet and notice the "new alerts" and "mentions" of him on the thread as a prize winner. If he's completely out of the loop, we can just say to him, "you snooze, you lose!" and simply move on to a prize winner who is ready and willing to make his prize selection. In the long run, having a "you snooze, you lose" policy might have the desired effect of making guys who score well on Sunday night pay closer attention to the thread in case they are a prize winner. In the short term, it'll prevent the rushed process of trying to get suggestions and vote on a new car/track in time for the official practice night. 👍

The red or yellow rooms not open anymore?

They open at 9:15 Est on Thursday nights and usuallu close around midnight, so yes they are closed but there are other rooms open randomly for practicing depending on which snails are online.

Back