Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

And should be 6 laps.

Mirado_7 likes this.
  2. ExoSphere64

ExoSphere64

Ya know... The Dodge has been ran before. A couple of years ago when I was in D2... :eek:. I think I even won a race with it. Win the right, make your pick and all hecklers be damned! :p

fzappa, RobbiefromBC and Rallywagon like this.
  3. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  4. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

What the ....sorry to red room I guess my ps 3 locked up when I exited. I went to get some coffee and returned to find myself on the grid....thankfully last. I exited again....and it worked.

5. Mark II

Mark II

So the diablo is 600 pp, racing mediums?

6. joe_diben

joe_diben

Tire choice is based on dealership pp

Mark II and zer05ive like this.
  7. shmibal_GT

shmibal_GT

Fiat Banner Pics! How do they look??? :confused::confused::confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

zer05ive, hooker4 and ExoSphere64 like this.
  8. hooker4

hooker4

Hows everybody like the fiat? Im at work and didnt get to try it out. I figured there would be some pretty close racing just never ran it on apricot.

chatva and KTR5 like this.
  9. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Fiat was OK. It definitely led to some really close racing, but the course is a little too "fast" for the car. It was good fun though, lots of good battles going on!

10. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

You don't want honest opinions on that one. :yuck:

Rockhound18 and Grandpa Money like this.
  11. Wardenclyffe

Wardenclyffe Premium

I thoroughly enjoyed the five and a half laps I ran with the Fiat; it was my first time running it in GT6 and it feels much more drivable than my fading memories of it from GT5.

The more I drive the Lambo the more I like the Lancia.

JoeW, Nish, shmibal_GT and 1 other person like this.
  12. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Look at dat a$$, I mean rear end.

13. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

1472-6681-3243-9094-3235

Red Room is now Gt3 at Monza, come enjoy the festivities and try to win that prize thing.

KTR5 likes this.
  14. chatva

chatva (Banned)

That Lamborghini is a tricky somebitxxh need to keep it around long enough for everyone to master "POWER" so everyone is more comfy with the next high power car chosen!

Rockhound18 and Mirado_7 like this.
  15. wvhellbilly

wvhellbilly

My problem isn't with the Lamborghini, it is with the track. I don't know it yet. Just need to put in lots of practice between now and Sunday.

chatva and Mirado_7 like this.
  16. quattpequatt

quattpequatt

I'm having loads of trouble with the fiat on cs tires. Im lagging 5 seconds behind the pack, but I do okay with the other 2 combos anyone care to
    Chime in from d1 d2?

17. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks guys! Lineup post updated!

18. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Sports hard

Mirado_7 likes this.
  19. rob1nh000d

rob1nh000d

Thank you for your help this last week everyone. Thanks @CarCzar on Tsukuba. Thank you @Neovre on Silverstone. Thanks @Xradkins for your knowledge of car pitch and for waiting up for me in that race when we did not even bump each other -- I think just because you saw me back there. Thanks @chatva for being a peacemaker. Thanks @Wolfsatz for your pointers. Thanks @Drgreenthumb977 for your concern for all drivers and the league. Thanks for those who have been here for a long time (1 year, 2 years -- amazing), I see now a little more of what that takes and I think it is the most awesome thing of all that a person can achieve -- sticking it out through the thick and the thin, going through the phases of the league and of yourself and of other individuals. (Of course at times we have to leave because of external circumstances). imho, it means more than fast laps, winning races, winning weekends, or anything -- just being here for a looooonnnnnngggg time....

Sorry for the unfortunate and untimely bump @SCCARACER36. I really sincerely mean it.

:gtpflag:S.N.A.I.L .:gtpflag:

Good night John boy...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    zer05ive, chatva and ExoSphere64 like this.
  20. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

SH

21. quattpequatt

quattpequatt

Every one was supposed to run on SH?

22. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks for supporting the cause! I've added you to the sponsors list! :cheers:

Is there anyone else willing to support the cause? :D

23. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Any west coasters up? Setting up a friends only room come join me!

24. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

S'all good @quattpequatt, I ran cs on the Lancia last week & thought I was the problem... FACEPALM!

25. quattpequatt

quattpequatt

Glad I'm not the only one :cheers:

Question, is there a difference between online and single player in terms of physics or anything? Is the game different between online ad offline? Should I be practicing strictly online?

26. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yes for the Fiat

27. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yes physics are different

28. rmd2k1

rmd2k1

The red or yellow rooms not open anymore?

29. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I'd like to propose a potential solution to the recurring issue of waiting for unresponsive prize winners to make their selections or intentions known. Maybe it's time that we implement a "you snooze, you lose" type of policy. Since the Prize C winner is now much more involved in the prize selection process than ever before, we could use him to help speed up the prize selection process instead of having him slow it down. Here's what I mean..

Let's say the prize winners are announced and then given the "all clear" to make their selections. The way it's currently set up is that the Prize B winner has to pick whether or not he wants to freeze the car/track of the combo or if he wants to be the one who picks the replacement car/track. After that decision is made, the Prize C winner gets whatever is left. What if we just gave the Prize B winner a set amount of time to post his decision on the thread. If he doesn't, the Prize C winner automatically gets the traditional Prize B prize (pick what will be replaced and also what will replace it).

On the other hand, let's say the Prize B winner does indeed post his choice in a timely manner. At that point we're waiting on the Prize C winner. But what if the Price C winner is the one that's MIA? If that's the case, perhaps we should just give the Prize B winner the traditional Prize B prize and remove the unresponsive Prize C winner from the equation (like the way it's been for the vast majority of this league's existence).

Simply put, we can't force a prize winner to log into GTPlanet and notice the "new alerts" and "mentions" of him on the thread as a prize winner. If he's completely out of the loop, we can just say to him, "you snooze, you lose!" and simply move on to a prize winner who is ready and willing to make his prize selection. In the long run, having a "you snooze, you lose" policy might have the desired effect of making guys who score well on Sunday night pay closer attention to the thread in case they are a prize winner. In the short term, it'll prevent the rushed process of trying to get suggestions and vote on a new car/track in time for the official practice night. :tup:

30. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

They open at 9:15 Est on Thursday nights and usuallu close around midnight, so yes they are closed but there are other rooms open randomly for practicing depending on which snails are online.