Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I was happy to find that the Fiat 500 Abarth was going to be in GT. Now, we're gonna race. I like this car a lot! :D

KTR5 likes this.
  2. rmd2k1

rmd2k1

Dang the rooms close early. Lol. I'm just clocking out from work at midnight.

3. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

4. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

I only hit my brakes twice on each lap long straight to tight curve and then right before the chicane. God i know i almost rolled it though whipping around apexs at 80mph, that poor top heavy thing.

5. rmd2k1

rmd2k1

Dang skippy it is @Azure Flare. Was worse a year ago worked til 2am. Talk about having no life.

6. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

What division are you bud?

7. rmd2k1

rmd2k1

Here is my time. 1:48.899

Attached Files:

KTR5 likes this.
  8. rmd2k1

rmd2k1

I'm running division 5

9. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Sweet congrats are you new to the league? And try not to double post one after the other, just edit your previous. Thank you it cuts down on using thread pages.

10. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

He is a new guy. Races in D5, which means I can probably keep up with him. :mischievous:

rmd2k1 and aliengamer25 like this.
  11. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

Qualify well, that will probably be your finishing position.

12. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

I got a 1:49.848, I think I'm hoping for rain.

[​IMG]

Neovre, KTR5 and rmd2k1 like this.
  13. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Nice parking spot @Mirado_7

Mirado_7 likes this.
  14. hooker4

hooker4

[quote="Mirado_7, post: 9549975, member: 252441"You don't want honest opinions on that one. :yuck:[/quote]
    I always want honesty. Besides I just suggested It, im guessing most liked it or it wouldnt be one of the combos now would it? :D

Azure Flare likes this.
  15. GranStand Bill

GranStand Bill

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give a heads up to all our fellow SNAILs that may be at the Long Beach Grand Prix this weekend. Be sure to stop by the Formula SAE booth in the expo center, we have a rig set up and will be running some GT6 throughout the weekend. Stop by and say hi. If I am not around shoot me an email and we can try to meet up (bill@granstand.com).

Bill

IMG_20140409_171542_484.jpg IMG_20140409_171457_458.jpg IMG_20140409_171529_318.jpg IMG_20140409_171413_523.jpg

P.S. Won't be able to race on Sunday, as I'll be closing up shop at LBGP.

16. SCCARACER36

SCCARACER36

rob1nh000d,

I would stop trying to be first and learn how to race with other people, I'm not the only one that doesn't see you as a clean racer. I can't tell you how many times I have been in an incident with you for ignorance of the 'Golden Rule'. Have you read it? or the rest of the OLR?

"Rules
    We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you.

Your primary goal should be racing in a group of people without so much as touching another driver.

"Sorry for the unfortunate and untimely bump" Maybe you don't realize how dirty you are. You took me out at Apricot Hill as well.

Learn the racecraft then learn to go fast.

17. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

I'd just like to point out that there is a time and a place for posts like that. It's generally with a steward in a PM, not out on the board.

Mirado_7, aliengamer25, Nish and 3 others like this.
  18. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

I fully agree with the "you snooze, you lose" concept but, once the all clear to announce the winners is given, would it make sense to send each of the 3 prize winners a congratulatory pm which will also inform them of the deadline they have to work to regarding their choices? That way the administrators can be more definitive about the deadline and will be a bit more certain that the winners are aware of their obligations which, in turn, should speed up the process.

LeoStrop and KTR5 like this.
  19. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

You teach respect by giving respect..this public post which assumes, indeed makes a you know what out of you..

20. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

A little off topic here, could anyone tell me who the steward for division is 6....thanks

21. FloydC3

FloydC3

Sorry I didn't get to make a pic long shift and I was out in the middle of nowhere. No Internet out there lol

22. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

@jobyone is our D6 steward.

Dragonwhisky likes this.
  23. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

The full list of Stewards is in this post.

24. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

Just want to say for anyone who doesnt know,(and probably mad at me for choosing the combo :p) adding body rigidty helps tame the lambo.

Rockhound18 and KTR5 like this.
  25. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

Thanks guys

26. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Good to know. I didn't want to add it out of fear that I'd get the "tuning" message in a lobby. Even though I have plenty of credits, I still didn't want to have to drop another 750k for a second one.

27. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

How is adding rigidity not tuning? WTF is PD doing?

intoflatlines likes this.
  28. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

I can se both sides.

If I took the time to seam weld and add a few structural bars "for safety" cough that result in a solid chassis that transfers more of the suspension movement to the tires rather the. Being absorbed through a less rigid chassis. Then really. I didn't "tune" it.

Nish and JogoAsobi like this.
  29. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

The adjustment of the brake bias that is allowed however, is def tuning lol

Rockhound18 likes this.
  30. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

12 Hours from the "all clear" being given should be enough time, assuming the stewards have cleared the prize winners before Thursday. If it's not done until Thursday then we need to look at a shorter timeline like 6 hours.

No need to send a PM, they just need to be tagged in the post that gives prize winners the "all clear" to make their selections.

KTR5 likes this.