◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Good to know. I didn't want to add it out of fear that I'd get the "tuning" message in a lobby. Even though I have plenty of credits, I still didn't want to have to drop another 750k for a second one.

For potential issues like this, is it possible to create a copy of the save/backup data and then replace the new data it if you indeed burn through an unnecessary 750k?

Never really worried about it at the lower credit caps, but we are starting to get a little pricey (in terms of potential wasted credits - I'm ok with buying them if I get to race them though :cheers:).

Lamborghini was a sweet choice IMO. In the famous words of Mr. Clarkson, "POWUHHHHH!" ::Brit accent::

And sorry for double. Back reading on the phone at lunch is not ideal for multi-replies :-( but I think I'm good on different topic guideline :-)

Found this beauty while watching replays from last night! Looks like @nmcp1 @ParkerMO125 @Nish and I were pushing the limits going into T1! Everything went just fine, and we all kept our paint on our door panels!

deep-forest-raceway-jpg.138507
We also had our four wide moment in D1.
CUdIaiJl.jpg

I am sure that for those who have been around for a while, this subject probably comes up over and over and over and over... It is in the nature of the game. So I thought that maybe I could muse on it for a while. I think it is only useful to stay positive in all situations and would defend myself only to the extent of stating what my intentions are (or what my intentions were in a particular situation) and it is others choice to believe it or not. Then, of course, if it is a formal interpretation, look at my actions, make a judgement and I am happy to serve my time.

Personally, I think it is pointless to try think that I know the inner intentions of another driver, even if it looks to me like it is intentional and at the time I think THERE IS NO WAY IT COULD BE UNINTENTIONAL. Since gradually watching more replays I have noticed most of the time when I think a driver clearly did something intentional, it is almost ALWAYS NOT the case when I watch it from a number of views and from different cars both in the rear-view mirror and looking forward. And, surprisingly, sometimes I will see a driver who seemed to be overly aggressive a little further down the track do something very generous, which really makes me question my previous perception. Even in the worst hitting, no matter what actions you see a driver do it can still be possible that he had good intentions regarding his goals and was just being negligent regarding situational awareness (i.e. the driver was not aiming to take you out). Also, most always there are a number of drivers involved and a chain reaction can have started as far as a corner back and your being hit was the result of someone losing control because they were unintentionally hit. OR, this driver might have just gone through a string of hits, or an unfortunate really hard hit, themselves, and might just feel they are trying to protect themselves by being more aggressive and be resorting to trying to create a little more space around themselves.

We have a perceived level of aggressiveness that is required for success.
We have a perceived level of aggressiveness that is required for protection.
We are constantly trying to reevaluate these first two perceptions (i.e. what does the league require and what does my success in the league require?) Our GUIDES are what has my past experience taught me, what do the rules say, what do the most successful drivers say, and what do I actually SEE happening out there on the track, and what does @JLBowler say :).

If we think we are going to suffer too much by trying to follow anyone of our GUiDES, self-protection instincts might kick in and we might bend any one of the guides and then just put it under the category of learning to appease our conscience (if someone else suffered a little too much).

I see several categories of intentions that might be in someone's mind at the start of a race, practice or real.

-I am going to win no matter what in this race.

-I am going to win no matter what and, oh ya, I think there might be something about trying to be fair.

-I am going to try to be fair and I am going to try to win as hard as I can as long as I am still trying to be fair.

-I am hell bent on winning and I am so pissed off at the hypocrisy that I have suffered I hope that I might take a few others out on the way.

-I am going to try to see what others are doing while I am trying as hard as I can to win.

-I am going to try to see what others are doing and how what I am doing affects what they are doing and and realize that I am winning in learning and also I am going to try to win.

-I am going to give up because all of this is too damn hard or discouraging or hopeless because I perceive that everyone is just trying to do number one above. Sometimes a slower start or slower trying in the corners can disrupt the flow and end up causing a surprising amount of malay.

When you are sitting in the starting grid, and the numbers are beginning to count down, 3, 3, 1, START... which choice are you making for yourself, for others and for the league?

THE PROBLEMS ARE:
-we cannot read other people's mind
-misinterpretations are a part of the human condition because we each live in a different space but we all share a common space
-we have different levels of ability
-we have different levels of understanding of our GUIDES
-the cars are POWERFUL and have WEIGHT and the forces are INTENSE and it is happening FAST!
-things can escalate (due to misunderstandings, perceived wrongs, limited knowledge, the human condition, due to our choice to perceive things negatively, probability, someone had a bad day, etc.)
-probability will sooner or later always create a situation where two people who are trying to have the best intentions and balance being conservative to protect others and being aggressive to win their race happen to both make the same choice to be aggressive in the same corner, at the same time, resulting in an unfortunate event (recent F1 example). Yes, it happens, even at the F1 level, because probability is an inescapable part of racing and of life. Remember the last time you bent over just as another person bent over and you banged heads! So we need to FORGIVE. (Credit needs to go here to @Drgreenthumb977 for making the statement that we need to be careful to always be trying to not take out another driver so we don't skew the probability that is already dealing everyone a bad card once in a while. Iow, so that we don't take the benefits of probability away from someone.)
-racing is precarious; one of the reasons it is so thrilling, but can also get so ugly; Holding a car at the limit of adhesion at high speeds, all the while being in close proximity of several (or many) other cars doing the same thing. I just noticed the word 'pre-carious' -- maybe this word comes from the idea that sometimes things happen when even caring didn't avoid it. Taking all this into account, I congratulate everyone for how little bumping is occurring!
-we see things, but we also choose how we see things

so, THE ONLY SOLUTION is
-to believe in the principles of S.N.A.I.L
-to absolutely, always BELIEVE in your fellow driver, and in their intentions
-to stay positive; look for the positive perspective; keep a positive perspective.
-to stay thankful (there are still starving people in the world and we are racing for enjoyment and/or career)
-to FORGIVE
-when we see things that appear negative on the surface, still choose to see things positively
-to try by example and by intention to always minimize harm to others while trying our hardest to win. If we stop trying to minimize harm to others it becomes sad; if we stop trying to win it becomes sick.
-we all need to help each other attain these goals because it IS HARD!!!!

So one of the bottom lines, imho, is what perception we choose. Our perceptions determine our intentions and this is what makes it a good league or not so good.

IT TAKES ALL OF US REALIZING THESE COMPLEXITIES, REALIZING HOW HARD IT IS, TRYING TO ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST INTENTIONS AT THE START OF A RACE, AND BELIEVING OTHERS HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS, TO KEEP THIS LEAGUE A POSITIVE, HEALTHY AND HAPPY LEAGUE. Oh ya, and fun in there some place too.

p.s. I assure you I am trying to be aware of others and then win.

p.p.s. Tsukuba and the Miata is especially tight and close; it is very hard to not have bumping going into and out of the three hairpins which is mostly where lap time differences occur.

:gtpflag:S.N.A.I.L. :gtpflag:

:) Put that in your pipe and smoke it for a while :)

Last edited:
If anyone was wondering, improving body rigidity will still allow you to join a Tune Prohibited Room. ;) Oil Change, Body Improvement and Brake Balance are the only things allowed. Except for the Red Bull Junior.

I am sure that for those who have been around for a while, this subject probably comes up over and over and over and over... It is in the nature of the game. So I thought that maybe I could muse on it for a while. I think it is only useful to stay positive in all situations and would defend myself only to the extent of stating what my intentions are (or what my intentions were in a particular situation) and it is others choice to believe it or not.

Personally, I think it is pointless to try think that I know the inner intentions of another driver, even if it looks to me like it is intentional and at the time I think THERE IS NO WAY IT COULD BE UNINTENTIONAL. Since gradually watching more replays I have noticed most of the time when I think a driver clearly did something intentional, it is almost ALWAYS NOT the case when I watch it from a number of views and from different cars both in the rear-view mirror and looking forward. Even in the worst hitting, no matter what actions you see a driver do it can still be possible that he had good intentions regarding his goals and was just being negligent regarding situational awareness (i.e. the driver was not aiming to take you out). AND EVEN THEN, this driver might have just gone through a string of hits, or an unfortunate really hard hit, themselves, and might just feel they are trying to protect themselves by being more aggressive and be resorting to trying to create a little more space around themselves.

We are constantly trying to reevaluate these first two perceptions (i.e. what does the league require and what does my success in the league require?) Our GUIDES are what has my past experience taught me, what do the rules say, what do the most successful drivers say, and what do I actually SEE happening out there on the track, and what does @JLBowler say :).

If we think we are going to suffer too much by trying to follow anyone of the GUiDES self-protection instincts might kick in and we might bend any one of the guides and then just put it under the category of learning to appease our conscience (if someone else suffered a little too much).

I see several categories of intentions that might be in someone's mind at the start of a race, practice or real.
-I am going to win no matter what and, oh ya, I think there might be something about trying to be fair.

-I am going to try to be fair and I am going to try to win as hard as I can as long as I am still trying to be fair.

-I am hell bent on winning and I am so pissed off at the hypocrisy that I have suffered I hope that I might take a few others out on the way.

-I am going to try to see what others are doing while I am trying as hard as I can to win.
-I am going to try to see what others are doing and how what I am doing affects what they are doing.
-I am going to give up because all of this is too damn hard or discouraging or hopeless because I perceive that everyone is just trying to do number one above.

THE PROBLEMS ARE:
-misinterpretations are a part of the human condition because we each live in a different space but we all share a common space
-the cars are POWERFUL and have WEIGHT and the forces are INTENSE and it is happening FAST!
-things can escalate (due to misunderstandings, perceived wrongs, limited knowledge, the human condition, etc.)
-probability will always create the situation some times where two people who are trying to have the best intentions and balance being conservative to protect others race and being aggressive to win their race happen to both make the choice in the same corner to be aggressive at that unfortunate moment in time (recent F1 example). Yes, it happens even at the F1 level because probability is an inescapable part of racing and of life. Remember the last time you bent over just as another person bent over and you banged heads! So we need to FORGIVE.

so, THE ONLY SOLUTION is
-to stay positive
-to stay thankful (there are still starving people in the world and we are racing for enjoyment and/or career)
-to FORGIVE
-to try by example and by intention to always minimize harm to others while trying our hardest to win. If we stop trying to minimize hard to others it becomes sad; it we stop trying to win it becomes sick.

IT TAKES ALL OF US REALIZING THESE COMPLEXITIES, REALIZING HOW HARD IT IS, TRYING TO ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST INTENTIONS AT THE START OF A RACE, AND BELIEVING OTHERS HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS, TO KEEP THIS LEAGUE A POSITIVE, HEALTHY AND HAPPY LEAGUE. Oh ya, and fun in there someplace too.

PS. and to use your brakes when a hit has ocurred; give position back. This act alone diffuses a lot of the frustration and anger many feel.

I am sure that for those who have been around for a while, this subject probably comes up over and over and over and over... It is in the nature of the game. So I thought that maybe I could muse on it for a while. I think it is only useful to stay positive in all situations and would defend myself only to the extent of stating what my intentions are (or what my intentions were in a particular situation) and it is others choice to believe it or not. Then, of course, if it is a formal interpretation, look at my actions, make a judgement and I am happy to serve my time.

Personally, I think it is pointless to try think that I know the inner intentions of another driver, even if it looks to me like it is intentional and at the time I think THERE IS NO WAY IT COULD BE UNINTENTIONAL. Since gradually watching more replays I have noticed most of the time when I think a driver clearly did something intentional, it is almost ALWAYS NOT the case when I watch it from a number of views and from different cars both in the rear-view mirror and looking forward. And, surprisingly, sometimes I will see a driver who seemed to be overly aggressive a little further down the track do something very generous, which really makes me question my previous perception. Even in the worst hitting, no matter what actions you see a driver do it can still be possible that he had good intentions regarding his goals and was just being negligent regarding situational awareness (i.e. the driver was not aiming to take you out). Also, most always there are a number of drivers involved and a chain reaction can have started as far as a corner back and your being hit was the result of someone losing control because they were unintentionally hit. OR, this driver might have just gone through a string of hits, or an unfortunate really hard hit, themselves, and might just feel they are trying to protect themselves by being more aggressive and be resorting to trying to create a little more space around themselves.

If we think we are going to suffer too much by trying to follow anyone of our GUiDES, self-protection instincts might kick in and we might bend any one of the guides and then just put it under the category of learning to appease our conscience (if someone else suffered a little too much).

-I am going to try to see what others are doing and how what I am doing affects what they are doing and and realize that I am winning in learning and also I am going to try to win.

-I am going to give up because all of this is too damn hard or discouraging or hopeless because I perceive that everyone is just trying to do number one above. Sometimes a slower start or slower trying in the corners can disrupt the flow and end up causing a surprising amount of malay.

When you are sitting in the starting grid, and the numbers are beginning to count down, 3, 3, 1, START... which choice are you making for yourself, for others and for the league?

THE PROBLEMS ARE:
-things can escalate (due to misunderstandings, perceived wrongs, limited knowledge, the human condition, due to our choice to perceive things negatively, probability, someone had a bad day, etc.)
-probability will sooner or later always create a situation where two people who are trying to have the best intentions and balance being conservative to protect others and being aggressive to win their race happen to both make the same choice to be aggressive in the same corner, at the same time, resulting in an unfortunate event (recent F1 example). Yes, it happens even at the F1 level because probability is an inescapable part of racing and of life. Remember the last time you bent over just as another person bent over and you banged heads! So we need to FORGIVE.

so, THE ONLY SOLUTION is
-to stay positive; look for the positive perspective; keep a positive perspective.
-to FORGIVE
-when we see things, still choose to see things positively
-to try by example and by intention to always minimize harm to others while trying our hardest to win. If we stop trying to minimize harm to others it becomes sad; it we stop trying to win it becomes sick.

So one of the bottom lines, imho, is what perception we choose. Our perceptions determine our intentions and this is what makes it a good league or not so good.

IT TAKES ALL OF US REALIZING THESE COMPLEXITIES, REALIZING HOW HARD IT IS, TRYING TO ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST INTENTIONS AT THE START OF A RACE, AND BELIEVING OTHERS HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS, TO KEEP THIS LEAGUE A POSITIVE, HEALTHY AND HAPPY LEAGUE. Oh ya, and fun in there some place too.

p.p.s. Tsukuba and the Miata is especially tight and close; it is very hard to not have bumping going into and out of the three hairpins which is mostly where lap time differences occur.

Well said man 👍

I'm about 5 seconds off pace in the Lambo. It's a combination of not really knowing the track and not really knowing when the rear tires are going to let go....and not being able to see the apexes or exits of corners. This track in particular would be great for a 3-screen setup. I tried hood cam for a few laps but couldn't get used to it...so I'm back to normal (aka bumper) cam.

I'm about 5 seconds off pace in the Lambo. It's a combination of not really knowing the track and not really knowing when the rear tires are going to let go....and not being able to see the apexes or exits of corners. This track in particular would be great for a 3-screen setup. I tried hood cam for a few laps but couldn't get used to it...so I'm back to normal (aka bumper) cam.
Personally I only ever use interior view. I play GT because it is a substitute for real driving. Therefore I want to see it how I would in real life. It may make life harder for me and ultimately slow me down but I like it that way. When I am in another view like bumper cam or hood cam it just feels like I am playing a game. Oh wait:odd:

THE PROBLEMS ARE:
-probability will sooner or later always create a situation where two people who are trying to have the best intentions and balance being conservative to protect others and being aggressive to win their race happen to both make the same choice to be aggressive in the same corner, at the same time, resulting in an unfortunate event (recent F1 example). Yes, it happens even at the F1 level because probability is an inescapable part of racing and of life. Remember the last time you bent over just as another person bent over and you banged heads! So we need to FORGIVE.

so, THE ONLY SOLUTION is
-to FORGIVE
-when we see things, still choose to see things positively
-to try by example and by intention to always minimize harm to others while trying our hardest to win. If we stop trying to minimize harm to others it becomes sad; it we stop trying to win it becomes sick.

Belief falls apart after history
I joined this league believing it was truly a clean league and I wouldn't have to put up with over aggressive drivers thinking that the norm was to be over aggressive, then say sorry.

In racing practice (real) you don't wreck someone when it's practice. It's very likely that if you wreck someone in practice You will not race the main event. Stewards will most likely ask you to pack up and go home.

The complexities of how hard it is too stay clean are pretty cut and dry to me. I drive as if this were my actual car and couldn't afford to lose it.

"p.p.s. Tsukuba and the Miata is especially tight and close; it is very hard to not have bumping going into and out of the three hairpins which is mostly where lap time differences occur."

What about Apricot Hill, what about SPA?
This very statement shows the attitude that I think shows ignorance of what clean racing is.

I want to have fun too. It's not any fun to be taken out repeatedly by the same person.

As far as reporting the issue of poor racecraft in Thursday night practice rooms to stewards, there were previous posts stating this couldn't be done.

What is the pace in the new cars?

Personally I only ever use interior view. I play GT because it is a substitute for real driving. Therefore I want to see it how I would in real life. It may make life harder for me and ultimately slow me down but I like it that way. When I am in another view like bumper cam or hood cam it just feels like I am playing a game. Oh wait:odd:

So I'm not the only Cockpit view driver! Good to know

Just let it go, its done and over with guys, there is no sense in posting anymore about it. Apologies were made, move on about your business plain and simple, that's pretty cut and dry to me.

:sly:

As far as reporting the issue of poor racecraft in Thursday night practice rooms to stewards, there were previous posts stating this couldn't be done.

If you, or anyone else, see someone exhibiting poor race craft in the practice rooms you should start a conversation with them and the practice coordinator to discuss the issue. It should always be done privately and not aired in the thread or over the voice or text chat in the lobby.

if you have a problem with someones driving, send them a PM. it does need to become a public debate. Don't do it here, don't do it in the lobby and ESPECIALLY don't do it DURING A RACE. the last thing i want is to have to listen to some dude cuss out another dude for 5 laps while me and everyone on the track are just trying to drive. there is a time and place, send a PM. correct me if i am wrong, but i believe this is also part of the rules. just because its Thursday night and there are no penalties, it doesn't mean you cant wait until race night is over and send them a PM.

rant over

oh, i also use cockpit view exclusively. makes me feel more alive 👍

What is the pace in the new cars?
I think I was around 2:02 and the aliens were racing up front running 1:56-1:58. I spun out in both races so I don't really know how far behind I really was...but let's just say the leaders were waiting a good 45 seconds for me to finish. Honestly I'm debating on just leaving after the 4th race Sunday night but I think I'll see how qualifying goes. It's just too many variables (new track, fast car with no grip) for me to account for with an hour's worth of practice.

I think I was around 2:02 and the aliens were racing up front running 1:56-1:58. I spun out in both races so I don't really know how far behind I really was...but let's just say the leaders were waiting a good 45 seconds for me to finish. Honestly I'm debating on just leaving after the 4th race Sunday night but I think I'll see how qualifying goes. It's just too many variables (new track, fast car with no grip) for me to account for with an hour's worth of practice.

Just drive the car instead of focusing on speed. It helps!

How abou
How about the fiat?

Practice Room: 1472 6399 8665 9410 6509
Closing room - needs changes to setup

Last edited:
I ran a 2:01 but there is time to gain. I think it will be great race to focus on being consistent and not chasing a fast lap. Wait for others to push themselves in to making mistakes.

I only ran a few laps with the Arbarth but had a 1:44 I think. Not sure how that is comparing as it did not feel fast.

I was only a few 10ths off on the Fiat. Its mostly flat out. Problem with that race is going to be avoiding mistakes. If you have to lift off the throttle to avoid someone in the chicane you'll end up in last place by the end of the straight.

I'm a few 10ths off in the Miata too but again I'm more worried about avoiding carnage. Qualifying will be important but I know where I'm losing time and should be able to work out my issues come race time.

But the Lambo is just too many turns to learn. If I just drive the car I'm around 2:03... 7 seconds off pace. I'm past that...and looking for speed, but I can't figure out a lot of the apexes because the car snaps away just when I think I'm in the sweet spot. Then I end up taking turns too slow to avoid it happening again.

I was only a few 10ths off on the Fiat. Its mostly flat out. Problem with that race is going to be avoiding mistakes. If you have to lift off the throttle to avoid someone in the chicane you'll end up in last place by the end of the straight.

I'm a few 10ths off in the Miata too but again I'm more worried about avoiding carnage. Qualifying will be important but I know where I'm losing time and should be able to work out my issues come race time.

But the Lambo is just too many turns to learn. If I just drive the car I'm around 2:03... 7 seconds off pace. I'm past that...and looking for speed, but I can't figure out a lot of the apexes because the car snaps away just when I think I'm in the sweet spot. Then I end up taking turns too slow to avoid it happening again.

What's your PB in the 500

For the lambo i've been running between 1:59-2:01 lap times and i was surprised i was running that fast but i think for this combo it will take alot of patients and being relaxed and that was the only way i ran the lap times i've been running.

New Practice Room. 1472-6681-3630-4564-9207
Abarth running 10:35 for 6 laps

Last edited:
Back