◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Hey Guys, there seems to be an issue with the report that compiles the results post, so it won't be completed tonight. In the meantime, here are the preliminary prize winners..

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on April 13, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. Hugh--Jayness ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 92 (87.66 for Prize B)
  2. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Klutch-D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. SPEED14231234 ----- did not submit a vote

Division 2
  1. GTP_ParkerMO125 --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 78 (73.71 for prize purposes only)
  2. BC_BOYZZ ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. quattpequatt ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. JWalker_SSR7 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. GTP_NishRacer ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. VrapPlus ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. x3n0-asx ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 3
  1. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 89 (77.25 for prize purposes only)
  2. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 4
  1. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round - 86.1 (77.54 for prize purposes only)
  2. Unleashed159 ------ did not submit a vote
  3. floydlovesbritt3 -- did not submit a vote
  4. GrimGrnninGhost --- did not submit a vote
  5. lfarris3 ---------- did not submit a vote
  6. shmibal43 --------- did not submit a vote
  7. Wardenclyffe ------ did not submit a vote
  8. zii1993 ----------- did not submit a vote
  9. chatva ------------ did not submit a vote
  10. xpiratenationx --- did not submit a vote
  11. AJHG1000 ---------- did not submit a vote
  12. II-NOVA-II -------- did not submit a vote

Division 5
  1. Munch2487 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (78.22 for prize purposes only)
  2. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. GTP_lousteezy ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
  8. carolina1789 ------ did not submit a vote
  9. rmd2k1 ------------ did not submit a vote

Division 6
  1. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 79.1 (75.70 for prize purposes only)
  2. rob1nh000d -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Mirado_7 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. DigiImprov -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. euclid58 ---------- did not submit a vote
  11. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. flip_jj ----------- did not submit a vote
  13. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  14. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 7
  1. aliengamerx25 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 90 (82.05 for Prize C)
  2. robertomglolz ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. speer9892007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Nail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. JCsSoldier -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Leez_ ------------- did not submit a vote

Division 8
  1. dcallnight -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 94 (87.73 for Prize A)
  2. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. PICHON617 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. jaybocc2 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Wackedboy --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. autoximpreza ------ did not submit a vote

West Coast
  1. Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 94 (89.85 for prize purposes only)
  2. gmraces ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. jpe138083 --------- did not submit a vote
  4. jobyone71 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. RevStar-9 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. smarly ------------ did not submit a vote
  8. RinnFah ----------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 (Race Hard tires) at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @dcallnight wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Abarth 500 '09 (Sport Hard tires) at Apricot Hill Raceway (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CarCzar gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @aliengamer25 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $500,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, there seems to be an issue with the report that compiles the results post. I'll work on the complete results tomorrow since my body is shutting down and I don't have the energy to do it now. In the meantime, here are the preliminary prize winners:
Preliminary meaning unofficial?
Correct. Those are unofficial results. Nothing is official until the stewards have a chance to review all of the incidents filed this week.

I need an awesome teammate next year!

If it goes my way, there will be 2 guys named Nick driving a GT-R GT3, but only if I'm allowed to dump a bucket of a certain color all over the car. :mischievous:

Well I mean, I don't mind replacing the Diablo for a C6R Z06 or ZR1:sly: YOU HEAR ME? PRIZE A WINNER?

The Corvette ZR1 race car has EVEN MORE power than the Diablo, costs quite a lot less, and it is easier to control than the Diablo. I approve of that.

If it goes my way, there will be 2 guys named Nick driving a GT-R GT3, but only if I'm allowed to dump a bucket of a certain color all over the car. :mischievous:

The Corvette ZR1 race car has EVEN MORE power than the Diablo, costs quite a lot less, and it is easier to control than the Diablo. I approve of that.

On the Autumn Ring Mini lol thats close racin' :gtpflag:

A bunch of 800+ HP Corvettes around a track that is suited for small, slow cars and karts?

Hell yeah!

Nice video and nice sub-30 lap! Did you just use your own helmet that already have a GoPro (or something similar) already mounted to it? Or you were you able to mount a camera to one of their helmets?

EDIT: Is there any one up still? I could really use a teeny weeny bit of help getting to post #55620 and #55621 :D

They actually let me rent the go pro for 10 bucks. I think it was worth it, but since there is a place opening near me soon, I may have to invest in one.

"The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit"

Nooooooo You Maniacs! You killed it! Ah, damn you! Damn you all to the green hell!

Loved that combo :( and Tsukuba lives again :banghead:.

And as far as the people that are jockeying for another high powered car that will lead to spaced out non close racing :mad:.

Last edited:
A bunch of 800+ HP Corvettes around a track that is suited for small, slow cars and karts?

Hell yeah!

Yea I know right, it would really pressure the first place driver with fifteen 800hp corvettes on his tail and everyone running 35 second laptimes lol. Better have that golden driving line bud cause you're gonna need it, oh and no braking we don't have time to brake everyone isnless than 2 inches apart.

Nooooooo You Maniacs! You killed it! Ah, damn you! Damn you all to the green hell!

It could be worse...

The exact opposite for me.

And as far as the people that are jockeying for another high powered car that will lead to spaced out non close racing :mad:.

pirelli__power_is_nothing_without_control_apparently.jpg

So, is it possible the room settings last night were different for D2 and D3? The fast lap times seem a bit wonky to me at first glance. Maybe ice changed his oil this week.
Now that penalties are off, I can drive wherever I want right?
:)

Last edited:
"The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit"

Damn it combo three is gone :( I actually enjoyed it

:crazy: I did not do well with Combo 3 but also really enjoyed it. There seems to be some kind of mystic force surrounding cars that really 'make you' drive the car and fully concentrate and get the shined boot quickly.

On a slightly different subject, The Abarth could make use of a smaller track like Cape Ring Inside; we may be able to fit the whole grid within 2 seconds.

So, is it possible the room settings last night were different for D2 and D3? The fast lap times seem a bit wonky to me at first glance. Maybe ice changed his oil this week.

Sunday night before opening the room I ensure that all the settings were set up correctly; but I will make sure tonight. I still have the rooms saved from Sunday night; but I am 99.99% that they were set up correctly; I did not set up the solo qualifying properly but that was corrected on the 1st round and we restarted qualifying.

Now that penalties are off, we can drive wherever we want right?

I did not see anyone short cutting anywhere, but have not seen all the replays yet....
but some did experiment mowing the lawn; not sure that help them get faster lap times.

Prize winners, you have the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Just to make sure I read this right, the prize winners are free to claim their prize right?

@dcallnight @aliengamer25 @CarCzar

I think I saw in previous pages that CarCzar was going to be out?

I'll be on vacation from now until next week Tuesday. Odds are, I won't be on GTP much, so I may not hear from you guys in a while. Thanks for another good night on Sunday!

Does anyone have a contact for CarCzar of should we vote this one off?

Last edited:
I have a question for those of you who have a DFGT wheel.

This is the first wheel I have used, I got it used, and I am not sure if it is supposed to act like this.
1. If I am driving in a straight line and take my hand off the wheel the force feedback makes the car start to sway left and right, back and forth. It gets worse the longer I let it go until it spins out. Is that normal?
2. I also notice that it is harder (than a controller) to correct a mistake when I break traction in a corner. Again the force feedback seems to fight against my attempts to catch myself. Is that normal?

It is getting easier, by I am not sure if this is normal
Mine is brand new and reacts this way so I don't think it's out of the ordinary.

Now that penalties are off, we can drive wherever we want right?

There are several drivers, naming no names, :mischievous: @dabneyd @JoeW @JLBowler, okay maybe a few, that got moved to D3 for various and sundry reasons, that don't really, really belong in 3. How the hell I'm in the lead, even by only a couple of points and not winning one race, after 2 weeks this season, is beyond me.

Dabney and Joe both, are faster than me, with or without practice, and so is JL. I know there are others in D3 now that could fairly easily make the jump to D2 and be competitive. I'm fairly certain, should the unthinkable happen and I manage to :eek: out a championship this month, and God forbid, get moved to D2, I'll be back to a perpetual back marker. Sometimes, P&R is not friendly.

I think hosting rooms with SNAIL in the title is a great way to recruit new people to the leagues. But we do not want an open room to end up with a non snail running it if the title says SNAIL
I wanna chime in on this. I agree with lots that had been said, but what Jobyone Kenobi said most of all. I think our snail rooms are at least the second best recruiting tool, second only to the forum, maybe. I also agree that a room should not be left to anyone not in snail, probably should be fixed host. All practice rooms opened to practice Sunday combos should run exactly as they would on a Sunday, if a little more relaxed, but should remain open to the public. All rooms run with the snail banner should either be fixed host, or handled in a manner that only leaves a small in charge, and all rooms should be ran and policed in a manger concurrent with our OLR.
Q

Hey Guys, there seems to be an issue with the report that compiles the results post. I'll work on the complete results tomorrow since my body is shutting down and I don't have the energy to do it now. In the meantime, here are the preliminary prize winners:

Correct. Those are unofficial results. Nothing is official until the stewards have a chance to review all of the incidents filed this week.

It should put the results together now. Strange thing is it isn't picking up Prize C, you'll have to manually enter it. Everything else looks correct.

EDIT: Fixed it

Last edited:
I would like to join S.N.A.I.L and do some racing. My buddy sent me @BayouSimDrifter
@ProShooter,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hello all, I'd like to join in on the fun here at S.N.A.I.L. Please forward entry instructions. Thanks!
@kapnk006,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I posted this in the GT Academy 2014 thread, but I wanted to post here as well. Thoughts?

For those of us from the USA, should we still believe that GT Academy starts on the 21st? On the gran-turismo.com site it has a link for the "Green light for Sixth Edition...." on all the countries, except the US and Canada. Is it possible that they are not releasing this in North America at this time?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back