◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
Full time drivers are given priority over part time drivers. Part time driver priority goes by points scored in the previous season, and then by first race night in SNAIL.

Does anyone have a room open? I need to get some practice in this week.

There is a way to change your PSN ID. It requires you to create another PSN account and register a different email address with it.

So how does it work if let's say on a Sunday a division room is full? Is it first come first serve?
Snail big wigs know the formula. If I'm not mistaken, odds of the division up or down being full as well is slim. They will move drivers up or down to accommodate on raceday... IF it happens

Hey Guys, I was just wondering what was the best Wheel if I am on a budget. I have been drooling over the G27, but just can't justify the expense. Currently I am just using a simple PS3 controller. Any suggestions?

Hey Guys, I was just wondering what was the best Wheel if I am on a budget. I have been drooling over the G27, but just can't justify the expense. Currently I am just using a simple PS3 controller. Any suggestions?
Yeah - the DFGT (Driving Force GT). You can pick one up new for about $120-$130. Anything you find cheaper than that will be crap anyways.

Ah yes, you can create a brand new account. However, that doesn't keep your saved data from another PSN ID, does it?

Nope. It does not. It is the only way to get a new/different PSN ID though.

G27 , save up for it, it's worth it

What he said.

G27 , save up for it, it's worth it

It really is. I went from a DFGT to a G27 in March and it was easily the best (sim racing) decision I've ever made... that being said, I understand a budget and the DFGT is not bad and it definitely does the trick... but the quality, response, and customization difference between the two is almost non-comparable.

@malachi666 , put to you this way. You can save yourself some money now and buy the DFGT, I have one as well, but, you'll still be lusting after that G27 while your hooning around with that toy. Save yourself the money on the DFGT and just go buy the 27. Yeah, it may be twice as much but you won't be slobbering over pictures of the G27 from time to time and that has to be worth something.

Stupid question time! For tonight's official practice, does each division have a separate room or are the grouped together? I thought I read it somewhere but cant find the details now. Thanks in advance

Stupid question time! For tonight's official practice, does each division have a separate room or are the grouped together? I thought I read it somewhere but cant find the details now. Thanks in advance
There are 3 rooms generally, a red room for D8-5, a Blue room for D4-1, and a yellow room for pack practice that is open to all divisions.

As others have said, the G27 really is worth it. Amazon usually has the best prices, currently at $239, but it was as low as $199 within the past month. If you're not in a hurry, check the site daily as the price does fluctuate often.

I am new, and yet to submit my time trials. I suspect I will be in Div 8. I was reading on the order or preference for drivers that get to race should the room fill up. My question is what is the capacity, and do you regularly have to turn drivers away on Sunday nights from a room like Div 8?

Capacity is 16 drivers. Since the policy was introduced, we have not had a room reach capacity in any division. That is the real goal of the policy by the way.

I don't know that since we have started classifying drivers as full and part time, that we've seen an overflowing room. Even if we had, there are measures in place to get everyone into a room on Sunday. @JLBowler will be the one to ask for sure, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone left out of racing due to high attendance.

Even if a room would fill up, part time drivers that would be left out of their assigned room are allowed to move up one division for the night and race. This is why the part time drivers should have the hosts for the division above them on their friends list as well.

Three weeks in a row and I'm still part-time? Can I also get my two years stars?

Three out of four weeks in the same monthly season will get you back to full time.

Full time drivers are given priority over part time drivers. Part time driver priority goes by points scored in the previous season, and then by first race night in SNAIL.

Does anyone have a room open? I need to get some practice in this week.

Almost. It's current season points then last season points then length of membership.

The full policy for full time / part time can be found here.

Driver and host responsibilities for race night can be found here. You will probably have to scroll down the page for this one. It's post # 50,856

GT Academy is up underneath the Special Events section
FIRING UP MY PS3 NOW!

dang starts 20th April 11pm, and the final round doesn't start till June. I wonder how they will do this, are they going to do elimination rounds or only counting the final round like last year?

Last edited:
FIRING UP MY PS3 NOW!

dang starts 20th April 11pm, and the final round doesn't start till June. I wonder how they will do this, are they going to do elimination rounds or only counting the final round like last year?

Sadly to say we cnt start it until Monday, I got excited

Ah yes, you can create a brand new account. However, that doesn't keep your saved data from another PSN ID, does it?

Nope. It does not. It is the only way to get a new/different PSN ID though.

Can't you just save a copy of your data and transfer that to the new account? Wouldn't all you have left to do is to add people to the friends list?

I agree with the chassis reinforcement being considered tuning, and was only really concerned with brake bias. I dont want to be running anything on the car that the rest of the division isnt. :cheers:
I have started to notice on some cars, chassis re-enforcement actually hurts the performance of the car..
Guys- looking for advice - is there any way to make my GTP and PSN names match? I'd prefer to change my PSN name, but I don't know what problems it will cause. I definitely want to get it done before Monday... is it even possible and what consequences could there be?
try contacting PSN. I can't remember how I got a hold of them but I was able to change some of my info by contacting them directly. I had them change my e-mail from one to another. They may be able to do that with your psn ID

I have started to notice on some cars, chassis re-enforcement actually hurts the performance of the car..

Yea, I think this is the case with most cars unless you're trying to turn a non-racing car into a racing car with other suspension mods and weight reductions. Reinforcing without suspension adjustments means it will handle all kinds of wrong.

my rule of thumb with Chassis re-enforcement has been that without suspension adjustments (which isn't allowed) that it will understeer a bit more. For 90% of the cars i don't do it. I did it on the lambo last week and it helped, but that was a tough car to drive.

It really depends on your driving style, i like the rear end out a bit on braking and usually re-enoforcing makes that a bit harder.

Back