Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

What anniversary doc are we talking about here? I'm not familiar :confused:

EDIT: This tab of the Driver Information Sheet has everyone's S.N.A.I.L. Birthday (the night of your first race in S.N.A.I.L.)

2. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Anyone want to post once after me? I'm looking for post 56011.

3. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

what for???

4. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

SNAIL Color and Number Chart

This post contains the rules governing color and number choice and instructions on requesting a choice.​

While choosing a color and number combo is not required, we ask that all of our races to do so. This is done for a number of reasons. From easier driver identification to adding uniqueness in a spec race series. Here are a couple of rules, tips and instructions on submitting your choice.

The rules:
    1. The driver with a greater number of races participated in has seniority over a racer with less, giving them rights to a particular color/number.
      Tip: Have another color in mind just in case.
    2. Any color and any combo is allowed, so long as it does not match or present a hard distinction from another driver in your division.
      Tip: Look at the divisions above and below, if you or another who is looking to be promoted and they hold seniority, be prepared to switch colors.
    3. Please try not to duplicate numbers with another racer across the series.
    4. Please, enter a paint chip and not a general color. (IE, WC Mica Blue, as opposed to Blue) This will insure that we get the maximum amount of use of hues in any given color.

Instructions:
    1. Read the current Color/Number Chart first!
    2. First decide on a body and rim color combo.
    3. Next click HERE and fill out the form
    4. To find when your SNAIL start date. Column Y "SNAIL birth date"

The most current lists:
    Sorted by Division

If you are in a different division than what is currently listed, it would be helpful to submit a new form, even if you don't change your color or number.

Special thanks to @Rallywagon for being the previous Color / Number Coordinator.

Links have been updated.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  5. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Turning laps on all combos before practice, if anyone wants to join in just drop by.

1472-6399-8665-9410-5985

Jump on in @Michelin, have some fun

Michelin likes this.
  6. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

If you use this link for the S.N.A.I.L. Birthdate, it'll be easier for anyone to find it out. The link takes you directly to the S.N.A.I.L. Driver Information - New spreadsheet and on the Driver Information tab :tup:

Link is : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lmeUE1X1FMLTdiekxwdnhNNXc&usp=drive_web#gid=1

EDIT: I see you did that already, my bad :tup:

KTR5 likes this.
  7. Michelin

Michelin Premium

I'll be joining in a few minutes, gotta paint the cars and put the number on them. :lol: Was eating dinner.

8. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

[​IMG]

THE PRACTICE ROOMS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN !
    If you are assigned to D1, D2, D3, or D4 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
    1472 6399 9009 5385 4484

If you are assigned to D5, D6, D7, or D8 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:
    1472 6399 9009 5385 4582

Additionally, if you want to focus in your Race craft instead of speed, the Yellow Room will be following the same format with the addition of Competition Yellows at least once during the race depending on the number of laps. Room is focused to run in a pack and improve Race Craft.

YELLOW ROOM:
    DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED SHORTAGE OF YELLOW FLAGS FROM OUR SUPPLIER THE YELLOW ROOM WILL NOT BE OPENED TONIGHT!

Sunday April 20th Lineup
    Sunday April 13th UnOfficial Results

Photo by @RobbiefromBC

[​IMG]
    Photo by @Dragonwhisky
    [​IMG]
    Photo by @KTR5
    [​IMG]
    Photo by@Wolfsatz
    [​IMG]

9. Rockhound18

Rockhound18 Premium

Half the red room keeps disappearing on me :indiff:

1/3 :cheers:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  10. ExoSphere64

ExoSphere64

Should have stayed in Truckee... Internets rocks up in here!

Rockhound18 likes this.
  11. shmibal_GT

shmibal_GT

Haven't been able to take pics yet. Twin brothers got the ps3.

12. malachi666

malachi666

Hey Guys, I had fun practicing with you guys in the Red Room. I must admit that I was getting very frustrated with myself. I can see that I have a lot of work to do in preparation for a real race. I just about gave up in disgust, to be honest. But then I thought I would try switching to manual transmission, and wow, what a difference in my offline practice lap times. I shave 9 seconds off of my best lap on Apricot! I also felt more in control of my ride when cornering.

I am definitely not going to give up. I will keep practicing and see where this league takes me. Thanks again.

13. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

If you want man, tommorow and Saturday if you have time send me a friend request aliengamerx25, and ill try to help you out the best I can for Sunday.

zer05ive, KTR5 and malachi666 like this.
  14. malachi666

malachi666

I would love that, but this weekend is not good as it is Easter, and my wife and kids would conspire to kill me! I think I will practice a bit offline on the tracks in use and try my best this Sunday.

Edit: I will definitely send you a friend request.

15. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Okey dokey well send me a request anyway, if anything I can help you prepare for next Sunday during this week. Even if its just showing you some lines and such on tracks, try to speed you up a bit.

16. Defjon

Defjon

Thanks! I'll get it all done asap. Probably wont make this next race though.
    @wvhellbilly mentioned a west coast division? Anything special i need or someone to contact to get into that? Also, what times are the usual for the West Coast Div?

17. Michelin

Michelin Premium

Thanks to everyone for all the great racing in the blue room! Definetely looking forward to Sunday! :D :cheers:

zer05ive and chatva like this.
  18. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

So, the GTR should be rather interesting come raceday... I find it to be a little more violent than the Diablo, and much bigger. The 'Yota is a blast! Love that car, and it's premium! I can actually see the dashboard! As for the Miata, it still puts a smile on my face 3 weeks later... Got down to a 57:302 in practice today, determined to hit the 57:2's before raceday!

zer05ive likes this.
  19. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

That GTR will be fun with a full grid lol

20. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I agree with the GT-R being violent, but I've had one for a long time, so I have tamed it.

21. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

I find paddle shifting works the best, the course is a bit rough though, I think Mt. Panorama would be a good combo with it.

scca_ziptie likes this.
  22. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

What I meant by "tamed" is that I have learned the power delivery, I learned how much throttle I give it in through 1-3 so I don't spin out so easily.

23. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yea I follow you, same here

24. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

BTW, I've been using MT since 2008, and never looked back.

25. scca_ziptie

scca_ziptie

Really fun racing tonight with you fellas! Slopoke, we had some extra fun :)

You guys all really helped me to stay focused (other than that eh hem, "moment" at Apricot in the 2000GT) and aided in setting consistent times. Can it be time for the next stint already please?!?!?!?

Cheers,

Don

Mark II and ExoSphere64 like this.
  26. jobyone

jobyone Premium

West Coast practice room closed

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  27. jobyone

jobyone Premium

When you submit you time trial choose the west coast division if you want to run at 9:00 pacific time. We have a good bunch of drivers and would love to have you join us.

28. Defjon

Defjon

Just did that but unfortunately i usually work 6PM-12AM, especially on weekends... Shoot i'm pretty sure i just joined a league i might be able to race in once in a blue moon.

29. Sharkb8ii

Sharkb8ii

I noticed last night that you didn't change your oil when you bought your car. It adds an extra 8hp. You left the room before I had a chance to say anything.

30. malachi666

malachi666

I will try that immediately prior to Sunday. Thanks!

Wait, how can you tell when someone has changed their oil?