Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Yes, I will edit to remove previous submissions. I won't be able to do it while at work, but I will in the evening each night.

2. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

The Kart Series Continues ........... Tuesday nights at 9 pm Eastern.
    Just in case there are some who think the Kart Series has ceased to run.

3. goofytyler

goofytyler

@KTR5 i'll have my time putu up when i get home tonight as i did my run right when it started.

4. malachi666

malachi666

It was my first racing night with D8. I must say it was a lot of fun. I managed to cross the finish line three out of the six races! My best lap was the first lap in Combo 3 reverse order. That race I would have come in second last, had I not had a massive spin out that then turned into another spin out as I tried getting back on the road again.... :(

I sill have a ton to learn. Looking forward to next Sunday. Is there any way I can get a orange "slow-moving vehicle" triangle on my cars?

I want to thank the various members that offered advice and tips all this week.

zer05ive, Nish and intoflatlines like this.
  5. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

Last night I got dc'd at the very start of last race at Indy.
    My question is because we hadn't even made the first corner and there was virtually no position change among the drivers could we have not restarted the race...or is it even possible?
    When I got back online I was disappointed to see the race was still going.
    I know I'm one of the slowest guys out there and probably wouldn't have finished that well anyway but it would have been nice to compete!!!

Thoughts anyone?
    Thanks

6. Mark II

Mark II

It is my fault that I have not been filing incident reports - though the reason for this is to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and look for their improvement through practice and Sunday nights. I am not an expert by any means, nor do I claim to have perfect race craft. One thing I always do though - if I make a mistake, I let off. If I see someone else get pushed off track due to lack of patience of the surrounding racers, I wait so they don’t race alone. I'm just trying to have fun and am increasingly finding Sunday nights to be less enjoyable. Maybe thicker skin is needed.

I appologize for complaing without specifics.

Thank you

Handlebar likes this.
  7. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

8. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Races are not restarted if someone disconnects, even at the beginning. It sucks, I know! But that's just how it works. If we restarted races when people got disconnected we'd be racing for like 4 hours each Sunday.

nmcp1, malachi666 and hooker4 like this.
  9. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

I completely understand your attitude about filing Incident Reports. Have been with SNAIL for almost 2 years and it is still difficult for me to point the Finger of Error at someone else - when there is so much "wrong" with my own race craft. HOWEVER, the IRs aren't about me or about them (the offending driver) ...... it is about Accountability and Keeping SNAIL what we want it to be - Clean and Competitive Racing, Period.

If we, as drivers, do not face accountability for our errors ..... then there will be no improvement in that drivers' actions, or in the League in general.

So ........ the IRs are not about you - they are about SNAIL and our desire to provide an enjoyably competitive evening of racing.

10. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure. I can understand during mid race when a dc happens I wouldn't expect the race to stop. But I was hoping at the beginning when no one is affected it could be done.
    Not to be though.
    Thanks

intoflatlines likes this.
  11. Mark II

Mark II

Thank you TEX, you are absolutely right. My reaction was quite immature and hasty. Frustration had reached a tipping point.

12. ATLskydiver

ATLskydiver

One silver lining- you get last place points if you make it onto the starting grid before getting disconnected! It makes a huge difference over 0, especially if there are only a few people in your room. Make sure your scorekeeper gives you those last place points.

zer05ive and intoflatlines like this.
  13. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

i just pretend its 'engine failure, race over' :p

Mirado_7 likes this.
  14. Tanner350z

Tanner350z (Banned)

Rules read and acknowledged, time trial done I'll look forward to hearing from you

zer05ive and BayouSimDrifter like this.
  15. goofytyler

goofytyler

D6 score has been adjusted for last place points @singlepaddy in C3 R2. By the way what were you going to vote for so i can put it in pm me.

Edit: since I am co-scorekeeper @KTR5 and I worked on the score sheet since I also fixed the scoring for @singlepaddy should I put in a file to earn shells? I'm just curious so I know what to do next time when @KTR5 and I work on the score sheets. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  16. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

The Directors doc results sheets have been copied to the Results doc. Please enter data in the Results doc.

Thank you.

nmcp1, goofytyler and intoflatlines like this.
  17. hooker4

hooker4

Stick with It pirate. Ive been frustrated sometimes myself before and I know how you feel. With that being said I watched the replays several times and the only incident I saw the other driver conceited. So I know you got frustrated but its part of racing. Just keep your head up and we will see you next sunday.:cheers:

zer05ive, Nish and Mark II like this.
  18. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

@goofytyler, feel free to claim the $hells for "scorekeeper". I'll claim for the data.

zer05ive likes this.
  19. goofytyler

goofytyler

Ok thanks. Oh and @kcheeb can you update the result doc for D6 as I adjusted the score for @singlepaddy as I can't put that in the result doc. Thanks

20. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

She done "BLEW UP".... LOL

Thanks, humour helps take the sting away.

Cheers!!!

Azure Flare likes this.
  21. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

Wouldn't that be something to put in GT6... Engine failures! It would definitely discourage people from banging the rev limiter at the starts, and you couldn't drop down the gears like some folks were doing with the Toyota in the hairpin!

22. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

I just want to comment on something you said here, about finding Sunday nights increasingly less enjoyable. I know that others share this sentiment as well. My suggestion is to find another event to do in the week, check out the first post of this thread and check out the event calendar. Find a less stressful race to run. Otherwise you may end up burning yourself out. Thick skins abs all that aside, if your only racing experience throughout the week is stressful, either in practice, making sure you learn the new combos and the apparent added stress of rough driving, and then again in the Sunday event, then you're probably not going to enjoy the league for long. This league is not like any other league I have seen or been a part of, and it shows. We are the latest league on gtp, if not all of GT, we have produced top contenders and winners in the GTA, and have actual, real life prizes. The SNAIL Sunday race is as big as I think it gets on GT, and that really can ramp up the stress as well. I think anyone who is feeling the same as you needs to not take a step away from Sundays, but maybe away from so much practice. Take a night or two in the week and just let loose, however you like it. Whether it be some casual drifting, rally racing, some cat and mouse, or a trip around the ring in your favorite car. We all have a passion for racing, but if you don't balance the stress with enjoyment, the passion can sour quickly. Especially after a bad night on a Sunday.

23. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

With offline that would be ok. Online however, there's already enough with the network instability issues that can be considered "mechanical failures" to deal with, without adding that in the mix as well.

malachi666 likes this.
  24. IceWarden

IceWarden

Drivetrain challenge tomorrow. Extremely great racing and race craft, choose your own cars AANND we actually have fun and talk...some of us actually drink a beer while driving...shhhh, it's a secret though.

Nish, USERID_77a23, Kgffy and 3 others like this.
  25. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

GT Academy 2014 here I come lol :mad:

joe_diben likes this.
  26. joe_diben

joe_diben

Weekly essay by robin... Check.

27. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Don't forget to submit your time to the link in my quote below. Let's see how our fellow SNAILs are doing and challenge each other to get faster and move up the GLOBAL leaderboard.

zer05ive likes this.
  28. speer9892003

speer9892003

Thank you both! I appreciate it!!

KTR5 and joe_diben like this.
  29. speer9892003

speer9892003

RobbiefromBC likes this.
  30. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

Our resident novelist...lol

zer05ive, rob1nh000d and joe_diben like this.