◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
I guess as having real life experience, we take the approach that smooth is fast. Of course it also depends on the nature of the car but I don't want to go as far as saying flicking the car is ultimately the quickest technique.
If using a wheel, what setting do you drive ?
900? 670? Switch it up for cars ?

I guess as having real life experience, we take the approach that smooth is fast. Of course it also depends on the nature of the car but I don't want to go as far as saying flicking the car is ultimately the quickest technique.
If using a wheel, what setting do you drive ?
900? 670? Switch it up for cars ?

Just regular, whatever it came with, I feel the stock settings are good enough for me so far.

I guess as having real life experience, we take the approach that smooth is fast. Of course it also depends on the nature of the car but I don't want to go as far as saying flicking the car is ultimately the quickest technique. And it's soooo inconsistent and dangerous to do in a race lol! @K1utch

Probably hard on the tires too I would guess. Flicking a car around the track for 30 laps can't possibly end well.

I just wanted to share this with my fellow snails as I thought it was a pretty badass save by myself.

Honda Fit'10
292 hp
892kg

Attachments

• 20140421_142320.jpg
    20140421_142320.jpg
    785.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20140421_142537.jpg
    20140421_142537.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20140421_142604.jpg
    20140421_142604.jpg
    875.7 KB · Views: 8
pretty interesting way to take pictures. You don't like the in game camera?

but good save!

Its not that, I'm just not good at taking in game pictures for some reason they come in blurry, and my usb stick quit about a week ago so I have no way of uploading replays. And thanks lol

I dunno about you guys, but I'm going balls-to-the-wall for GTAcademy this year. AutoX yesterday, karting tonight (with plans to do it again once a week this month), and starting my 4 day/week exercise routine tomorrow. Now if only I was fast... I'll work on climbing the first round rankings somewhere in there... took me 3 laps just to get gold this morning. :boggled:

I dunno about you guys, but I'm going balls-to-the-wall for GTAcademy this year. AutoX yesterday, karting tonight (with plans to do it again once a week this month), and starting my 4 day/week exercise routine tomorrow. Now if only I was fast... I'll work on climbing the first round rankings somewhere in there... took me 3 laps just to get gold this morning. :boggled:

Spent a whole day at Laguna Seca IRL yyesterday with an open track. Too bad my street car can't go foerever like in GT6 =/

To anyone who submitted their GT Academy time:

I tried to sort it from my Google Drive App and well, it erased some of them. Apparently, there isn't an "undo" button in the app. If you see it's missing, feel free to resubmit it. Thanks.

Just read something that could be upsetting to some, if I'm reading it right.

From the GT Academy FAQ page: "Those who have an existing competition driving contract, or have previously held a National A or superior MSA racing license or equivalent, or competed in a national level karting, or other motor sport, national championship, are not eligible." Is this more strict than last year? I imagine some of you harcore guys might get caught by this one? Didn't one of the guys from the last season come from experience in national level karting?

if you have not already tried it try the ~670 setting

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

It may not be for everyone but it helped me move my times from D4ish to D2ish very quickly. It has allowed me to catch the car so much faster and more often. It may not be for everyone but if you have not tried it at least give it a go. Only downside is you have to do it each time you fire up GT.

I tried that and at first it helped me with turning in quicker. Unfortunately after a while I just turned the wheel less and ended missing my apexes again.

From the GT Academy FAQ page: "Those who have an existing competition driving contract, or have previously held a National A or superior MSA racing license or equivalent, or competed in a national level karting, or other motor sport, national championship, are not eligible." Is this more strict than last year? I imagine some of you harcore guys might get caught by this one? Didn't one of the guys from the last season come from experience in national level karting?
Weren't there other snails at Silverstone too? It seems to disqualify them as well with the next sentence.

"Contestants who have previously attended the GT Academy Boot Camp at Silverstone Race Circuit in the United Kingdom are not eligible to enter."

I worry for the people that actually have a chance.

Weren't there other snails at Silverstone too? It seems to disqualify them as well with the next sentence.

"Contestants who have previously attended the GT Academy Boot Camp at Silverstone Race Circuit in the United Kingdom are not eligible to enter."

I worry for the people that actually have a chance.[/quote

I'm sure the second part is true. Everyone in the show is done with this competition. That's just a reality of TV - they don't want the same guys coming back over and over (although ironically last year they got Joey and the year before that they had his twin...that was odd, lol) so once you make it on the show, you either win it that year, or that's it.

Were they able to change/adjust turn radius?
I have always run at 900 and debating whether to try something new

You would have to get a response from one of our GTA Finalists for concrete confirmation, but I seem to recall one of them posting last year that they were only allowed to adjust the seat position.

Just wondering about people's prefered settings when it comes to wheel turn radius. I've always been on 900. Maybe some "experienced" guys know what settings will be set at the finals. What about actual racecar settings to those that make it all the way ?

I'm a weirdo and run my G27 on the shortest turning radius possible (don't remember the degrees, but whatever Start+Select+Triangle is)... it's super twitchy... but it only took a day of using it before it was uncomfortable to go with anything wider.

They key word in there is national. Its a little vague, but as I understand it only those competing in very high-level amatuer or professional series wouldn't be eligible. The only thing that might bite some is National level SCCA autocross competition. Heitkotter was a national autocross champion though and he was eligible, I think similar restrictions were in place at the time.

To be on the safe side, I would say any local/regional autocross is fine along with LeMons of course. Anything that doesn't require an SCCA comp license or better is probably fine. But for anyone where its an option, I would stay away from national SCCA competition, Skip Barber national series, MX-5 cup, WKA karting, etc.

if you have not already tried it try the ~670 setting

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

It may not be for everyone but it helped me move my times from D4ish to D2ish very quickly. It has allowed me to catch the car so much faster and more often. It may not be for everyone but if you have not tried it at least give it a go. Only downside is you have to do it each time you fire up GT.

I use the 670 most of the time - it's easier on my wrists. Do I need to 'reset' this for each race after race settings are changed? After I change cars?

I'll run a few of the GT Academy events, but only to try 'em out. I don't have the skill to make it, and I have a job/life that couldn't be put on hold if somehow there were a cataclysmic event that left me eligible to go to the UK.

From the looks of things it appears that there are alot of snails in the top few hundreds of gta. :bowdown: I say we own all the top spots, I mean I know I wont but the rest of you.

Uh oh ^^ :lol:

Im new here. When would next weeks line up come out?

Be patient, it will be announced and soon as the stewards are finished with what they need to do, and the prize winners do there selecting. Usually its late Wednesday Evening or sometime Thursday. Just depends on incidents and such.

Back