◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
If you haven't already, send a PM to @JLBowler to properly be reinstated.

I'm SO slow through turn 1. I'm losing over .7 to @Doodle in the first sector and .5 in the second sector (so basically turn 3) and .1 in the third sector. Not that I'm going to get anywhere near him, but it's a good one to compare to.

I've used the analyzer to compare myself with Doodle, and I can see what I'm not doing right, but correcting it is a challenge. I don't want to spend too much time on this, but I know I'm capable of getting in the 1:03.9xx (dropping .440)

Any worthy advice would be appreciated here or in a PM. Thanks!

Sent you a PM, it's no secret or anything, just didn't think people would want me clogging up the SNAIL thread with my GTA strategy :lol:

D3 Mini Potpourri

@Intro
I hope you know what 'culo' means south of the border.
13964196554_81b9cc4aa9_b.jpg

At the Arch. @moeom
13960449832_f79becbd74_b.jpg

Breaking hard
13964079654_33c67aceb7_b.jpg

13960449542_e70c6af124_b.jpg

@AG07WRXTR with a strong performance for the night.
13963632775_16ac284a76_b.jpg

@moeom
13963632745_937077d81d_b.jpg

Pulling a Lewis Hamilton from the Pole. 4th lap and almost a 3 sec lead.
13960450401_4513d80b98_b.jpg

Tight quarters at IMS turn 3.
13960450251_d6c426a0a7_b.jpg

Orderly start at turn 1.
13983610213_9cb4ba99f4_b.jpg

@AG07WRXTR hail to the champion of the night.
13960449742_95c3542acf_b.jpg

giving my fellow D3 racers a chance... I started racing on reverse :mischievous:
13963632585_e07f377a25_b.jpg

... but was not going to fast :ouch:
13940528836_4ab0f82ec1_b.jpg

Great pics!! Love them!

Are you able to edit that,because I dont want to submit multiple times? I did a quick run earlier. Going to try again later after lunch time.
Just made the mistake of putting it on there twice... didn't see the edit button til I submitted it.. sorry

Just made the mistake of putting it on there twice... didn't see the edit button til I submitted it.. sorry

Yes I can edit it. Will do later tonight when I'm at home. Doing it on the Google Drive App on my phone is a nightmare.

Also, saw this post from 3:02 am this morning (a full 24 hours of TT'ing) of the Top 30 North Americans. 8 SNAILs in the top 25 (9 if you include Doodle).

Here's a (sloppy) list of the top 30 in North America so far for those who are curious:

1 (1) TC-doodlemonoply United States 1:03.135
2 (8) LLOYDZ_ELITE69 Canada 1:03.216
3 (10) lapierre4 Canada 1:03.237
4 (34) VindictiveScrub United States 1:03.333
5 (40) Adventuruss United States 1:03.344
6 (42) TEAMRAD_in1st United States 1:03.348
7 (58) MicKy_MikE88 Canada 1:03.379
8 (60) Thanks_Eh Canada 1:03.380
9 (78) Phreon United States 1:03.398
10 (81) GTP_Importlife United States 1:03.405
11 (85) PTslopoke United States 1:03.409
12 (92) msgt-sd United States 1:03.422
13 (94) sk1719 Canada 1:03.423
14 (96) martin20az United States 1:03.430
15 (100) TRC_LoCoArM3n United States 1:03.437
16 (105) Dubnium1 Canada 1:03.444
17 (111) SUPER_LATE_51 United States 1:03.453
18 (116) Jett_Racer United States 1:03.457
19 (140) Neovre United States 1:03.477
20 (152) fizzer82 United States 1:03.486
21 (182) kharvick292192 United States 1:03.511
22 (191) zALCe_7_TME_4 United States 1:03.516
23 (195) Speeder005 United States 1:03.519
24 (202) dgriffin28 United States 1:03.524
25 (211) Nic-KL Canada 1:03.527
26 (214) DQjr Canada 1:03.528
27 (219) Konasumi United States 1:03.530
28 (221) gatordaryl United States 1:03.532
29 (225) ig-racing United States 1:03.536
30 (236) kadoimmortal United States 1:03.540

Do you want to run a SNAIL Event and pick your own cars?

SNAIL DRIVETRAIN CHALLENGE
TONIGHT! 10pm EST/7pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
1885. All cars must be between 447pp and 495pp and tires will be sports soft. Choose one car from each drivetrain (FF, FR, 4WD, MR/RR) with the total PP under 1885.

Qualifying and the first race will take place at
Matterhorn (Full)

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. We will add your name to the list. You can also check any car's PP value and add your name and car lineup to the:

Please send a PSN friend request by 9pm EST tonight to Ice_Warden in order to join the race lobby. Post any questions in DTC thread.

Don't have time to pick a competitive line-up on the fly? Here is one from @bloodredsky which will easily put you in the running tonight:

FTW Line-up

FF - Citroen Xsara Rally Car '99 481pp
FR - Opera Performance S2000 '04 484pp
4WD - Subaru Impreza WRX STi '10 472pp
MR - Lotus Elise 111R '04 448pp

This event will take place in a friends only lobby with no tuning. All are welcome.

Last edited:
So from the looks of the official website, it appears as if only the top 4 in Canada and the top 28 in the US are going to the National Finals. I figured it would just be the best 32 in North America, but I thought wrong.

Not enough saliva I guess I missed it :lol:. That looks more surprised than drooling to me.

Last edited:
-I have an announcement-
In addition to the winner of the GranStand Challenge, I will award the person who scores the most points in the April season a Premium membership! I have already explained what a 1-year membership (you can't buy lifetime anymore) will get you here.

The only rule that I have is that those who are already premium members are ineligible.

To encourage everyone to participate, points from Sunday nights races will be totaled up at the end of the April season and the winner will receive their prize within a few days (or if someone is willing to keep track of the numbers and tells me who gets it, that would be appreciated).
I'm curious, will this be a total of all four weeks, or best three scores likes the official scoring?

Also is it just me or is google docs running like a dog turd today?:irked:

I'm curious, will this be a total of all four weeks, or best three scores likes the official scoring?

Also is it just me or is google docs running like a dog turd today?:irked:

Obviously, that is up to @Azure Flare to clarify, but I think he did state later that it was the total of all 4 nights.

Hey guys im starting to figure this car out lol. Im even with doodles time until turn 3 which is where im struggling the most and suffer the most time lost. If I can nail that and the final turn pretty well I can get a 260 or maybe a lil better

Let's hope the 2000GT stays and we go somewhere in Japan like Motegi Full or Suzuka Full ;)

GT-R combo blows chunks for someone who didn't buy it until I got home at 9:25pm est. Evidently this combo requires practice...which I have no time for...like the Academy tests...dang.

Unfortunately, the 2000GT is totally gone, and the Tsukuba or Miata Touring Car are gone as well. The GT-R stays, as is. I have to admit I was shocked, but at least the voting was relatively close across all three options. Some preferred one over another. This week it went against my taste, but the last several have dropped or modified the combos I was hoping for, c'est la vie.

Hey guys im starting to figure this car out lol. Im even with doodles time until turn 3 which is where im struggling the most and suffer the most time lost. If I can nail that and the final turn pretty well I can get a 260 or maybe a lil better

Same as me chasing doodles ghost lose a lot turn 3

I'm sorry for being off topic with this thread but is there any way another could be made for the random small talk in SNAIL? Is there any way for SNAIL to get a sub forum here on GTP? As it is a large amount of people that are involved (100+ and rapidly growing) and logging on after 12hrs and having to read through 4+ pages at times just to see what is actually happening in the Spec series is tiresome at times.

I also think this is why some people are lost in what is actually happening at times or am I the only one that gets bothered searching back just to find where I last read so I'm not confused when something is said?

Unfortunately, the 2000GT is totally gone, and the Tsukuba or Miata Touring Car are gone as well. The GT-R stays, as is. I have to admit I was shocked, but at least the voting was relatively close across all three options. Some preferred one over another. This week it went against my taste, but the last several have dropped or modified the combos I was hoping for, c'est la vie.
I'm afraid you have those two mixed up. The Miata received the most votes according to the unofficial results.

It's possible the official results after the rest voted ended differently. Either way Miata on Suzuka would be even more fun, allow it to stretch it's legs a bit.

I'm sorry for being off topic with this thread but is there any way another could be made for the random small talk in SNAIL? Is there any way for SNAIL to get a sub forum here on GTP? As it is a large amount of people that are involved (100+ and rapidly growing) and logging on after 12hrs and having to read through 4+ pages at times just to see what is actually happening in the Spec series is tiresome at times.

I also think this is why some people are lost in what is actually happening at times or am I the only one that gets bothered searching back just to find where I last read so I'm not confused when something is said?

That or that they dont use the search function (which is a million times better) and are looking for fish slaps!

Last week someone ask a question that was 3 posts earlier on same page.:crazy:

We have a multitude of snails with very useful sigs.

Btw:
Are the combos posted yet?

Prize Selection Update

@Dragonwhisky will be along shortly with the fancy banner to announce that all the prize winners are clear to make their choices but let's go ahead and get things started so that those of you with free time may start your ever so precious practice time.

@dcallnight is the prize "A" winner. He has already won prize "A" once this month so anyone that raced in D8 Sunday night is allowed to make one, and only one, suggestion for a car/track combo to be selected. You have until 23:59 ET tonight to do this. At that point dcallnight will choose from the suggested combos and that will be the prize "A" selection and will replace the Miata at Tsukuba. If you didn't race in D8, please refrain from throwing in your two cents as it will only add confusion to the process.

@Mirado_7 is second in line for prizes and must make a decision between prize "B" and "C". Please do so at this time. If you choose prize "B" you must wait for the prize "C" winner to make their choice of freeze. If you choose prize "C", please choose the prize and what part of the combo (Toyota 2000 GT or Apricot Hill) you want to keep.

@martin20az is third in line for prizes and must wait for Mirado_7 t make his choice before doing anything.

Mirado_7 and D8 drivers, you are on the clock.

Yes I can edit it. Will do later tonight when I'm at home. Doing it on the Google Drive App on my phone is a nightmare.

Also, saw this post from 3:02 am this morning (a full 24 hours of TT'ing) of the Top 30 North Americans. 8 SNAILs in the top 25 (9 if you include Doodle).

Hey @KTR5 i'm able to help out getting everything taken care of when you offline for the list if you want me to help out. Had a half day today for school so im going to be on the computer for a while as im away from home right now and at a library until my parents get out of work in 4 to 5 hours.

:lol:

The post wasn't just about that as it's not something I've done.

Just figure SNAIL is kind of in it's own playing field in this forum (not to downplay the other clubs) and things can be overlooked quiet easily. 116 posts since this time yesterday.

Prize Selection Update

@Dragonwhisky will be along shortly with the fancy banner to announce that all the prize winners are clear to make their choices but let's go ahead and get things started so that those of you with free time may start your ever so precious practice time.

@dcallnight is the prize "A" winner. He has already won prize "A" once this month so anyone that raced in D8 Sunday night is allowed to make one, and only one, suggestion for a car/track combo to be selected. You have until 23:59 ET tonight to do this. At that point dcallnight will choose from the suggested combos and that will be the prize "A" selection and will replace the Miata at Tsukuba. If you didn't race in D8, please refrain from throwing in your two cents as it will only add confusion to the process.

@Mirado_7 is second in line for prizes and must make a decision between prize "B" and "C". Please do so at this time. If you choose prize "B" you must wait for the prize "C" winner to make their choice of freeze. If you choose prize "C", please choose the prize and what part of the combo (Toyota 2000 GT or Apricot Hill) you want to keep.

@martin20az is third in line for prizes and must wait for Mirado_7 t make his choice before doing anything.

I will be keeping prize B and waiting for @martin20az to freeze the half he would like to stick around.

:lol:

The post wasn't just about that as it's not something I've done.

Just figure SNAIL is kind of in it's own playing field in this forum (not to downplay the other clubs) and things can be overlooked quiet easily. 116 posts since this time yesterday.

Most of that is skimmable though and a big chunk of it should have been posted in the GT Academy area of GTPlanet. No reason someone couldn't start a SNAIL thread in the GTAcademy section for all the discussion of times and techniques and the like. I would even call it, SNAILs in GTAcademy.

I will be keeping prize B and waiting for @martin20az to freeze the half he would like to stick around.

Thank you Mirado_7. @martin20az is now on the clock to choose weather to freeze the Toyota 2000 GT or Apricot Hill.

Prize Selection Update

Just to be clear, do we post this publicly? If so then I nominate....

Opera performance S2000 '04 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Unfortunately, the 2000GT is totally gone, and the Tsukuba or Miata Touring Car are gone as well. The GT-R stays, as is. I have to admit I was shocked, but at least the voting was relatively close across all three options. Some preferred one over another. This week it went against my taste, but the last several have dropped or modified the
combos I was hoping for, c'est la vie.
The results post says the opposite. Tsukuba/Miata gone. 2nd place 2000gt/apricot

dang, I am back to having to purchase 3 cars this week again....never ending. The good news in messing with GT Academy, it racked up some good credits, so hopefully I can have at least 2 cars this week to race. I should not have a family and 2 jobs.....cuts into this gig :)

This has been a somewhat ongoing single sided discussion that will never get attention.

I suggested awhile back that SNAIL get their own free forum that links to the first page of this thread and vice versa. That forum could be very cheaply hosted for less than $10 a month. In that forum SNAIL could have a sub forum for each SNAIL series, a pit stop forum for small talk, a photo forum for photos, etc and so on. But this idea has not gained any traction with the bosses so we wallow in this bloated thread and sift through hundreds of posts each day for a single post of interest.

I will even pay the first six months of hosting through Hostgator etc...

Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back