Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Nish

Nish

Don't want to drag this on any further and have it add more to this thread so please leave it at that. I've pm'd Zer0 (like I should have in the first place) and I'll let you know how that goes.

Edit : This is from Jordan on my subject

"I'm not prepared to manage or maintain forums for various racing organizations.

Having said that, series and league tools are coming to the site in the fairly near future which will make league management easier. :tup:"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Mirado_7 likes this.
  2. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

Would you like to also create all the threads and manage all of the user accounts? It's less a matter of desire and more a matter of unavailable time.

3. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Admins create the subforums (one time thing), mods move posts/threads to correct threads/subforums and take care of day to day stuff. User account creation and thread creation is all up to the user and is pretty hands-off for admins/mods, from what I've seen at other forums.

JoeW likes this.
  4. IceWarden

IceWarden

Exactly.

Once people get membership (fairly automated) then it's pretty smooth sailing. People make their own threads etc...

intoflatlines likes this.
  5. Nish

Nish

I'd rather keep it here like the WRS but this topic is doing exactly what I was trying to stop :irked:, which is posts that have little to do with the spec series.

JoeW likes this.
  6. Rolly21581

Rolly21581

I raced D8, and I nominate the
    Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08
    racing on:
    Eiger Nordwand

joe_diben and KTR5 like this.
  7. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

I like all of the topics posted here, helps it become more of a snail community that shares ideas, debates, spec series info(obviously), as well as off topic stuff that sometimes gives me the laughs needed to get through the work day.

Improves my open-mindedness(is that a word? Lol) and ability to 'scan-read' too :)

8. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

People will always post about things that are not directly related to SNAIL. That's part of what makes this thread fun. Sure, it makes the important information more difficult to locate, but that's what we get when we have a community of people crammed into a single 56,000+ post thread.

Even if all non-SNAIL dedicated posts were deleted from the thread, it'd still be several hundred pages long.

Handlebar, Mirado_7 and rob1nh000d like this.
  9. Nish

Nish

In my idea there would be an SNAIL discussion thread like here WRS , maybe I have thought too far into it :cheers:.

Oshawa-Joe and moeom like this.
  10. martin20az

martin20az

I choose to freeze the Toyota 2000GT

11. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

:grumpy: Oh well

Jakedog23 likes this.
  12. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Thank you for making your selection. @Mirado_7 you are now on the clock to choose a track for the Toyota 2000 GT '67 to replace Apricot Hill.

13. VrapPlus

VrapPlus

Trial mountain... Doeet!!! @Mirado_7

14. rob1nh000d

rob1nh000d

@Mirado_7, one idea might be Brands Hatch to kind of go along with the GT Academy? In a way the cars are kind of similar, low powered and rely a lot on momentum and have relatively low traction. Maybe that would help the S.N.A.I.L league to have a little better showing in GT Academy.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  15. WRXDefJamz

WRXDefJamz

Hey all. Sorry, been busy with family stuff, so haven't had the time to practice as much as I know is necessary to compete. However, I should be good for this Sunday, so I will complete the necessary steps to join up soon. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again and I look forward to racing with good friends and quality drivers.

Tim

zer05ive likes this.
  16. goofytyler

goofytyler

GT Academy Update Round 1
    As of right now putting in all the times that @KTR5 and I have recieved there are 9 Snails(including doodle) in the top 20 for the US and @Nicktune is still holding on i believe in the top 15 for Canada, good showing for SNAIL. Keep up the good work everyone.

zer05ive, ATLskydiver and KTR5 like this.
  17. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Sorry, I was not quite dialed in. Thanks for fixing the info!

Good luck in the Tuesday Night Series. Once I finish my run up to Spring Exams, I want to run a few Drive Train Challenge events. And this summer... I will do my darndest to keep up after more than a lap! ;)

88GTA and JoeW like this.
  18. CarCzar

CarCzar

Finally back from Florida with a pasty white guy sunburn, can't wait to race again on Sunday. :D

zer05ive likes this.
  19. ATLskydiver

ATLskydiver

You mean some of the top 20 aren't SNAILs? That's weird. :lol:

KTR5 and goofytyler like this.
  20. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Fine....redacted since commenting on others comments is now wrong?

21. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

The last time we raced this Toyotas was.....
    ...... Trial mountain... Reverse, I know but, Trial mountain.

22. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I think... Not Silverstone? What about something like Grand Valley Speedway/Reverse?

goofytyler and USERID_77a23 like this.
  23. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The WRS is the "official" GTPlanet series. They can't have anything get better treatment than their baby. It would be interesting to see what would happen to GTPlanet's page hits if this thread was hosted somewhere else.

24. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I guess I am getting cranky over 'getting promised X' vs getting shinola.

Not that anything like this happens in a Gran Turismo series.

Thanks for the perspective, @JLBowler .

25. Nish

Nish

No continuity, promotion, relegation or membership ? Please explain. If I remember correctly WRS was one of the things that helped get GTP on it's feet (correct me if I'm wrong @Jordan). So it does make sense that it has it's privileges, more than get upset I was happy to hear we had more options coming. Now just to see what they are?

Also calling out someone who just said I look to be adding extra options for people is just a tad questionable.

Remember I went to him asking question's he didn't give a time frame or put that information out to the public.

26. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Redacted - whatever.

27. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I agree we need better support from GTPlanet and @Jordan sooner rather than later. However I am against taking the league to another forum. A few months after joining gtplanet, I tried joining a league that was very visible on here. Couple weeks after I joined they moved their league to another forum and I never really kept up with them after that. Thankfully I found SNAIL a few weeks later (May 2012) .I really enjoy the gtplanet experience; browsing different topics/recent posts etc. and have little desire to move. This place feels like home for a lot of people and I'm positive we would lose racers during the transition. It will also be more difficult to attract new racers if we move from gtplanet. I'm certain of it.

28. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

any one up for some practice / race?

I just did a few laps at Trial Mountain with the Toyo... Wow.. the car seems to come alive on this track; does not feel dull like it does at Apricot Hill. the many Elevation changes is one of the reasons why it makes it so much more fun.

KTR5 likes this.
  29. malachi666

malachi666

I raced in D8 and am new here, I vote Camero SS '10 on Silverstone - (Edit: sorry meant the Grand Prix at Silverstone)

joe_diben likes this.
  30. VrapPlus

VrapPlus

Trial mountain... Such turns..much elevation changes...

On another note if @KTR5 could delete my slower time from the academy sheet, that would be great. I misspelled my own name like an idiot. Lol.

KTR5 likes this.