◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,786 comments
Don't want to drag this on any further and have it add more to this thread so please leave it at that. I've pm'd Zer0 (like I should have in the first place) and I'll let you know how that goes.

Edit : This is from Jordan on my subject

"I'm not prepared to manage or maintain forums for various racing organizations.

Having said that, series and league tools are coming to the site in the fairly near future which will make league management easier. 👍"

Last edited:
This has been a somewhat ongoing single sided discussion that will never get attention.

I suggested awhile back that SNAIL get their own free forum that links to the first page of this thread and vice versa. That forum could be very cheaply hosted for less than $10 a month. In that forum SNAIL could have a sub forum for each SNAIL series, a pit stop forum for small talk, a photo forum for photos, etc and so on. But this idea has not gained any traction with the bosses so we wallow in this bloated thread and sift through hundreds of posts each day for a single post of interest.

I will even pay the first six months of hosting through Hostgator etc...

Ridiculous.

Would you like to also create all the threads and manage all of the user accounts? It's less a matter of desire and more a matter of unavailable time.

Would you like to also create all the threads and manage all of the user accounts? It's less a matter of desire and more a matter of unavailable time.
Admins create the subforums (one time thing), mods move posts/threads to correct threads/subforums and take care of day to day stuff. User account creation and thread creation is all up to the user and is pretty hands-off for admins/mods, from what I've seen at other forums.

I'd rather keep it here like the WRS but this topic is doing exactly what I was trying to stop :irked:, which is posts that have little to do with the spec series.

I like all of the topics posted here, helps it become more of a snail community that shares ideas, debates, spec series info(obviously), as well as off topic stuff that sometimes gives me the laughs needed to get through the work day.

Improves my open-mindedness(is that a word? Lol) and ability to 'scan-read' too :)

I'd rather keep it here like the WRS but this topic is doing exactly what I was trying to stop :irked:, which is posts that have little to do with the spec series.
People will always post about things that are not directly related to SNAIL. That's part of what makes this thread fun. Sure, it makes the important information more difficult to locate, but that's what we get when we have a community of people crammed into a single 56,000+ post thread.

Even if all non-SNAIL dedicated posts were deleted from the thread, it'd still be several hundred pages long.

@Mirado_7, one idea might be Brands Hatch to kind of go along with the GT Academy? In a way the cars are kind of similar, low powered and rely a lot on momentum and have relatively low traction. Maybe that would help the S.N.A.I.L league to have a little better showing in GT Academy.

Last edited:
Hey all. Sorry, been busy with family stuff, so haven't had the time to practice as much as I know is necessary to compete. However, I should be good for this Sunday, so I will complete the necessary steps to join up soon. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again and I look forward to racing with good friends and quality drivers.

Tim

The results post says the opposite. Tsukuba/Miata gone. 2nd place 2000gt/apricot

Sorry, I was not quite dialed in. Thanks for fixing the info!

Good luck in the Tuesday Night Series. Once I finish my run up to Spring Exams, I want to run a few Drive Train Challenge events. And this summer... I will do my darndest to keep up after more than a lap! ;)

Edit : This is from Jordan on my subject

"I'm not prepared to manage or maintain forums for various racing organizations.

Having said that, series and league tools are coming to the site in the fairly near future which will make league management easier. 👍"

Fine....redacted since commenting on others comments is now wrong?

Last edited:
So.. WRS is a "can do" but...no to SNAIL? I guess giving a forum that has no continuity/promotion/relegation or membership somehow translates to a better long-term plan for GTPlanet than a longtime concern on the same platform.

I call "Oscar Meyer" on @Jordan version of the related excuse. it seems to me that Kaz gave Jordan tips while in Ronda on making promises of future updates. I will go with the Missouri line - "Show me..."

Anyone taking bets on when we will see any of these: the GTPlanet league and series tools, the GT6 Community/League update, or the GT6 Track Creator... Actually come to fruition?

The WRS is the "official" GTPlanet series. They can't have anything get better treatment than their baby. It would be interesting to see what would happen to GTPlanet's page hits if this thread was hosted somewhere else.

I guess I am getting cranky over 'getting promised X' vs getting shinola.

Not that anything like this happens in a Gran Turismo series.

Thanks for the perspective, @JLBowler .

So.. WRS is a "can do" but...no to SNAIL? I guess giving a forum that has no continuity/promotion/relegation or membership somehow translates to a better long-term plan for GTPlanet than a longtime concern on the same platform.

No continuity, promotion, relegation or membership ? Please explain. If I remember correctly WRS was one of the things that helped get GTP on it's feet (correct me if I'm wrong @Jordan). So it does make sense that it has it's privileges, more than get upset I was happy to hear we had more options coming. Now just to see what they are?

Also calling out someone who just said I look to be adding extra options for people is just a tad questionable.

Remember I went to him asking question's he didn't give a time frame or put that information out to the public.

Last edited:
I agree we need better support from GTPlanet and @Jordan sooner rather than later. However I am against taking the league to another forum. A few months after joining gtplanet, I tried joining a league that was very visible on here. Couple weeks after I joined they moved their league to another forum and I never really kept up with them after that. Thankfully I found SNAIL a few weeks later (May 2012) .I really enjoy the gtplanet experience; browsing different topics/recent posts etc. and have little desire to move. This place feels like home for a lot of people and I'm positive we would lose racers during the transition. It will also be more difficult to attract new racers if we move from gtplanet. I'm certain of it.

any one up for some practice / race?

The last time we raced this Toyotas was.....
...... Trial mountain... Reverse, I know but, Trial mountain.

I just did a few laps at Trial Mountain with the Toyo... Wow.. the car seems to come alive on this track; does not feel dull like it does at Apricot Hill. the many Elevation changes is one of the reasons why it makes it so much more fun.

Last edited:
The last time we raced this Toyotas was.....
...... Trial mountain... Reverse, I know but, Trial mountain.
Trial mountain... Such turns..much elevation changes...

On another note if @KTR5 could delete my slower time from the academy sheet, that would be great. I misspelled my own name like an idiot. Lol.

Back