◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
Just a pic of my incredible setup.

13895282487_3f89cef9f6_b.jpg

No, really, it was just to pay a little tribute to the man...if i take his picture out the wall i loose 2secs per lap.

Last edited:
g03u.jpg

My photograph may be out of focus but the memories of witnessing this legend in action remain as sharp as ever. Hard to believe 20 years have passed since that fateful day.

Great Derek! I wish i was there taking pictures like you.....20 years and people are still in pain.

Help me understand....

I tested the Toyota on Tokyo on the time trial just to see how it feels on the track. Did about 5 clean laps and posted a time.
I went to the lobby and took the Toyota around the track again. After 8 clean laps best lap time was still about 3 seconds off the pace from the time trial.

How come is there such a big difference because running the time trial and running in the lobby?

PRETTY PLEASE the rest of us non champions and almost champions want to watch the races. Please someone live stream or at least post replay immediately after each race.
OOPS...if my recent message from K is real...I'm in it...time for a humility lesson...Hell gonna be GREAT
I have a question for you! Why did the British choose green as their racing colour?

Did you know that Michael Turner not only painted your avatar but he also designed McLaren's logos used between 1963 and 1980?

As to BRG....They probably didn't....but early english racers were all BRG...the Bentley Boys....Morgans, MGs etc.
Also German Cars were always Silver.....most likely the FIA or its predecessor assigned colors based on the Country's ACO request on a first come first serve basis.
McLarenlogo_zpsad3ed662.jpg
McLarenlogo1_zps5edd646e.jpg

More of a surprise to me was the fact Turner also designed the bodywork for the McLaren M1B Cam-Am car.
m1b_zpsecce0670.jpg

Edit: Is the Steward Review Sheet no longer accessible without permission?
yup learned that last night while reading Turners info on WIKI. His son is quite good
And does comic/superhero art. They both prefer to be known as commercial illustrators..the father also was a superb aviation artist.

Last edited:
Hey @Nail-27! You don't have to worry about a live feed, since I want you to be in the race. I'm waiting for your response on whether you can make the RoC or not. Please respond here or to the PMs I've sent you. Thanks.

Hell yes

Sorry for my inattentiveness I was flailing around London Reverse in a Subaru WRC 22B with the GTP_WRS most of last night ....total of 8 15 lappers.....GREAT COMBO !

If too late will Stand by to stand by to see if someone sprains their wrist....:gtpflag:

What is combo....

Last edited:
hey I can i get into racing with you guys?
@WaLT_100R,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Last edited:
Help me understand....

I tested the Toyota on Tokyo on the time trial just to see how it feels on the track. Did about 5 clean laps and posted a time.
I went to the lobby and took the Toyota around the track again. After 8 clean laps best lap time was still about 3 seconds off the pace from the time trial.

How come is there such a big difference because running the time trial and running in the lobby?

If I practice in TT mode I will do it with tires 1 or 2 steps down. That for me makes the grip feel more like online and the times will also be closer to online times. If you don't lower the grade of your tires you will feel the loss of grip when changing back to online.

Edit: make sure you adjust Grip Reduction on track edge to REAL under track settings.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like anybody is on this. I will load all the replays this afternoon and give you a full list of where each driver placed for each race. Luckily I did save every replay.
Oh this was for my placement on Sundays WC division races, just in case your wondering.
Sorry Ryan I have been fairly busy. I should be able to get this sorted later today.

GT RACECAMP TONIGHT. START TIME FOR EVENT WILL BE 8:30 P.M. EST.PLEASE LIKE THIS COMMENT FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO PARTICIPATE. TODAY THE COMBO WE WILL BE FOCUSING ON IS THE 2000GT 67 TOYOTA. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE OIL AND CHASSIS IS OPTIONAL IF YOU WOULD LIKE. EXTENSIVE DETAIL AND TECHNIQUES EXPLAINED. ALL SECTORS OF THE COURSE GIVEN THOROUGH EXPLANATION AS WELL ONLINE RACES AND SPECIAL APPEARANCES FROM D1 DRIVERS. RACE HARD RACE FAST RACE SNAIL

Last edited:
GT RACECAMP TONIGHT. PLEASE LIKE THIS COMMENT FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO PARTICIPATE. TODAY THE COMBO WE WILL BE FOCUSING ON IS THE 2000GT 67 TOYOTA. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE OIL AND CHASSIS IS OPTIONAL IF YOU WOULD LIKE. EXTENSIVE DETAIL AND TECHNIQUES EXPLAINED. ALL SECTORS OF THE COURSE GIVEN THOROUGH EXPLANATION AS WELL ONLINE RACES AND SPECIAL APPEARANCES FROM D1 DRIVERS. RACE HARD RACE FAST RACE SNAIL

Time? We're racing tuned Station Wagons over at HST tonight at 8pm ET... but I'm definitely interested in attending one of your camps as everyone raves about them. :D

I
Hell yes

Sorry for my inatteness I was flailing around everse in a Subaru WRC 22B with the GTP_WRS most of last night ....total of 8 15 lappers.....GREAT COMBO !

If too late will Stand by to stand by to see if someone sprains their wrist....:gtpflag:

What is combo....

Sprained my wrist playing hockey last night...

GT RACECAMP TONIGHT. START TIME FOR EVENT WILL BE 8:30 P.M. PLEASE LIKE THIS COMMENT FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO PARTICIPATE. TODAY THE COMBO WE WILL BE FOCUSING ON IS THE 2000GT 67 TOYOTA. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE OIL AND CHASSIS IS OPTIONAL IF YOU WOULD LIKE. EXTENSIVE DETAIL AND TECHNIQUES EXPLAINED. ALL SECTORS OF THE COURSE GIVEN THOROUGH EXPLANATION AS WELL ONLINE RACES AND SPECIAL APPEARANCES FROM D1 DRIVERS. RACE HARD RACE FAST RACE SNAIL

I'd like to check this out as well if I'm home.

What happened to race clean?

GT RACECAMP TONIGHT. START TIME FOR EVENT WILL BE 8:30 P.M. EST.PLEASE LIKE THIS COMMENT FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO PARTICIPATE. TODAY THE COMBO WE WILL BE FOCUSING ON IS THE 2000GT 67 TOYOTA. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE OIL AND CHASSIS IS OPTIONAL IF YOU WOULD LIKE. EXTENSIVE DETAIL AND TECHNIQUES EXPLAINED. ALL SECTORS OF THE COURSE GIVEN THOROUGH EXPLANATION AS WELL ONLINE RACES AND SPECIAL APPEARANCES FROM D1 DRIVERS. RACE HARD RACE FAST RACE SNAIL
Many thanks for the assistance last night. As mentioned, I found it to be incredibly helpful, even the parts that weren't all about me. For anyone considering joining I strongly encourage you to do so.

I suggest letting the WC start first;) JPE or Neo should be hard to catch if they start out front.

Bare in mind that the West Coast has two of the top 10 US competitors in the GT academy at the moment.[/quote
GT RACECAMP TONIGHT. PLEASE LIKE THIS COMMENT FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO PARTICIPATE. TODAY THE COMBO WE WILL BE FOCUSING ON IS THE 2000GT 67 TOYOTA. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE OIL AND CHASSIS IS OPTIONAL IF YOU WOULD LIKE. EXTENSIVE DETAIL AND TECHNIQUES EXPLAINED. ALL SECTORS OF THE COURSE GIVEN THOROUGH EXPLANATION AS WELL ONLINE RACES AND SPECIAL APPEARANCES FROM D1 DRIVERS. RACE HARD RACE FAST RACE SNAIL
I

Sprained my wrist playing hockey last night...
oops I like it I got in but not because you got hurt playing hockey:rolleyes:

No pRoblem at all, I meant more that I would try to take the initiative to help out. Don't know who has the replays.
Ryan,

I have checked the races and updated the Points. This does change the results for the West Coast Division. @zer05ive will need to update the results post but the spreadsheet is now correct.

1. CDNbossCDN 88pts
2. jpe13808 - 86 pts
3. DrWingPhd - 84 pts
4. tezgm99 79 pts
5. Neovre 61 pts
6. RinnFah 49 pts
7. Jobyone71 28 pts

Well done to @Ryan F / CDNbossCDN and @Travisorus /DrWingPHD on 1st and third on your first night racing with us.

Can't wait for tomor going to AllenBerg @ fontana speedway :gtpflag:
Should have some gopro footage and pictures tomor

View attachment 150316
Are you doing the lead follow program with lapping after? If so from what I remember you can by more laps for something like 100 bucks if you want. Those cars seem to work best braking mostly straight unless you are really good at trail braking. If they are using the short infield course the only tricky parts are the esses and the corner after that. When I worked there those were the places people spun the most. We had 2 cars crash into each other in the left hander after the esses once because it's a little blind when you're in a formula car and they weren't looking that far ahead. Have fun. :)

Back