◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,670 comments
Mix that with combo 2 and it was a recipe for disaster. Losing it in the tunnel is one thing. Causing collisions and pile ups is another. But to then drive off leaving the carnage you caused behind is telling.
This is a constant problem with mixing mental states.

BTW IS DRIVING OFF FROM AN ACCIDENT YOU CAUSED A PUNISHABLE OFFENSE. Yes the accident cause may be overdriving but not waiting for those who piled into your mess is totally unacceptable. I was racing in D7 when going into TURN one when DC the last D8 champ understeered into me causing a very pissed off me until I calmed down and got underway. Then I thought...that SOB IS DRIVING OFF...but he wasn't....he slowed TO A STOP... Let me by and after apologized. That to me is the difference between a RACING ACCIDENT/INCIDENT and wanton bad driving. WE ALL UNDERSTEERED UNDER PRESSURE... It was a racing incident....Goodonya DC....just understeer into the guy I'm chasing next time.

Yeah but you guys have penalties on. You don't know terror until you are racing with penalties off and headed into the tunnel and see nothing but smoke ahead. :D

In situations like that, people should remember that it really is best to slow down to make sure you clear traffic. If you were driving with a wreck up ahead concealed behind a smokescreen, it's just common sense!
I watched the 2nd race of the BMW combo and the cause of the pile up at the bottom of the hill. Poor @Dragonwhisky got taken out while leading but what was crazy was @JLBowler had gotten tangled in it like most of us but while he was trying to recover he got ran over by a dump truck who just blasted through and kept driving like it was nothing...finishing quite well I think.

It's like, as long as there is mayhem then it's a free for all and ok to just blast though.

Just crazy.

Last edited:
They want an SEN ID is that same same PSN ID
SEN ID is Sony Entertainment Network ID. It's the same as, but different from, your PSN ID. :sly:

Just log into GT5 using the same PSN account as you use for GT6 and you'll be set. 👍

Hopefully none of the Free Cars will be chosen as a Combo.
Have not been interested in the GT "events" this time around. Just concentrating on the SNAIL competitions.
Not to worry. Logging into (and therefore having to own) another game doesn't qualify as "easy accessible", which is a requirement for the cars selected for our combos. :)

The free cars I have already & most of you should too. They are the 1st cars in GT6
Wait, what 1st cars are you referring to? The 15th anniversary edition cars?

SEN ID is Sony Entertainment Network ID. It's the same as, but different from, your PSN ID. :sly:

Just log into GT5 using the same PSN account as you use for GT6 and you'll be set. 👍

Not to worry. Logging into (and therefore having to own) another game doesn't qualify as "easy accessible", which is a requirement for the cars selected for our combos. :)

He means all the cars you get from the GT5 final event are already in GT6. You would just have to buy them from the dealership instead of get them free.

@JLBowler @Oshawa-Joe

Can @THRASH be removed from the inactive list and placed in a division. The rest of D5 assured me he was in D5, so I didn't argue, being the new guy that happened to be hosting. But it would seem prudent that he is officially listed somewhere besides the inactive list.

The short answer is no. He hasn't raced since December and is considered inactive at this time. His last placement was not D5, it was D6. I will be removing him from the results and changing the finishing positions for all drivers who finished behind him in a race.

This brings up a point that obviously needs to be addressed. If you are a host, you do not have the authority to make decisions on who races and who doesn't. You have a list to do that for you. If the driver is not listed as either full time or part time then they don't race unless you hear differently from myself, @Dragonwhisky, or @zer05ive.

Scorekeepers do not have the authority to add drivers to the results sheet on race night. If they are not on the results sheet, they are not on the drivers list as active. Do not add drivers to your score sheets and allow them to race.

@THRASH , if you would like to come back and begin racing, contact me via private conversation and I will get you placed in a division.

He means all the cars you get from the GT5 final event are already in GT6. You would just have to buy them from the dealership instead of get them free.
Wow, that's pretty lame. I didn't really even look at the list or cars. I just assumed that the cars were special editions that could only be obtained by completing GT5's "online final event". I guess that's what I get for assuming. :ouch:

GT Academy 2014
ROUND 2 is ACTIVE

Many of you have already taken some laps in the 370z at Apricot Hill. Please take a moment and use the form below to submit your time. You can submit an updated time whenever you like and myself or @goofytyler will adjust the list.

Also, if for some reason you want to update your lap with the Leaf @ Brands Hatch, go ahead and use the same form. I'll move that results to the proper sheet.

We had 72 SNAILs on the list for Brands Hatch. Let's get over 80 for this round.

SUBMISSION FORM

DATABASE

I will sort and remove each individuals slower submission each night.

I will link this post in my signature.

Last edited:
The 2nd round of GT Academy has started which means that the round 2 leaderboard is up for you guy to put log in to the database for our snail leaderboard. will have link up soon.

Edit: Ninja'd badly lol

(On the subject of penalties being good or bad)

I had this work out both in my favor and not in my favor last night.

In the first combo, an accident on the last lap resulted in an epic collision literally .1 of a second in front of me... there would've been no way I could have avoided adding to the carnage but luckily (ONLY for me) the colliding car ghosted on impact and I narrowly got through... so, in this case penalties were nice.

However, in the second combo, twice coming into a smokey tunnel I clipped someone who had spun (first time I slowed and went to the outside assuming with the shape of the corner they had gone to the inside, I was wrong... second time I slowed and went to the inside... wrong again. :dunce:) and both times got an additional 5 second Insult to Injury collision penalty. :lol:

Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for the eventual promotion to the non-penalty divisions... because good or bad, real cars don't ghost. :cheers:

Sorry I couldn't get banners done with week everyone. I've been at work for 40 hours in the last three days and had literally zero energy all week.

I will most likely miss race night for two of the next three weeks (Mothers Day, and Indy 500) but I will try to get the banners taken care of early this week.

D1 and D8, who was keeping score for you guys last night? For some reason, there are no results entered for either division. I have a rare day off and can make the results post at any time, but it can't be done until your results are entered into the Directors' Doc/Score Sheet.

@JLBowler and @kcheeb per @KTR5 I need to get set up for uploading race replays. Ready to go now for D7

@Dragonwhisky will need to set up your permissions for uploading replays.

D1 and D8, who was keeping score for you guys last night? For some reason, there are no results entered for either division. I have a rare day off and can make the results post at any time, but it can't be done until your results are entered into the Directors' Doc/Score Sheet.

D8 had a new scorekeeper and didn't get permissions set up until after the racing so it will be delayed. I don't know what happened with D1 and why it's not done. D6 had the data for total times and lap times entered in less than a half hour after the racing was done. Everybody else needs to use that as the goal.

D6 had the data for total times and lap times entered in less than a half hour after the racing was done. Everybody else needs to use that as the goal.
Can't be done without access to the Scorekeeper's/Director's sheet (which I no longer have). So once the sheets get copied over to the Results document, that's the earliest that I could possibly start entering data.

No they are regular cars not anything special.

D8 had a new scorekeeper and didn't get permissions set up until after the racing so it will be delayed. I don't know what happened with D1 and why it's not done. D6 had the data for total times and lap times entered in less than a half hour after the racing was done. Everybody else needs to use that as the goal.
Khapkun Mach Khraip...GI Thai for ...Thanks Sir

D6 gets it done because I, with @goofytyler's help input everything as each race finishes. Then after the races are over I put the best times in. Only takes 15 minutes to put the best laps in, so it doesn't extend the night too much.

D6 gets it done because I, with @goofytyler's help input everything as each race finishes. Then after the races are over I put the best times in. Only takes 15 minutes to put the best laps in, so it doesn't extend the night too much.
In the very near future I will help with that.

(On the subject of penalties being good or bad)

I had this work out both in my favor and not in my favor last night.

In the first combo, an accident on the last lap resulted in an epic collision literally .1 of a second in front of me... there would've been no way I could have avoided adding to the carnage but luckily (ONLY for me) the colliding car ghosted on impact and I narrowly got through... so, in this case penalties were nice.

However, in the second combo, twice coming into a smokey tunnel I clipped someone who had spun (first time I slowed and went to the outside assuming with the shape of the corner they had gone to the inside, I was wrong... second time I slowed and went to the inside... wrong again. :dunce:) and both times got an additional 5 second Insult to Injury collision penalty. :lol:

Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for the eventual promotion to the non-penalty divisions... because good or bad, real cars don't ghost. :cheers:
What is even worse is when the track ghosts some but not all in a mass schmozzle causing driver brain failure as to which way to go...ending up with you own penalty for GUESSING WRONG. At least ghost or not...but not both at once. Then there is the I WAS A GHOST BUT I AM NOW TRANSMOGRIFYING BACK TO SOLID.....and should you be half way through it like a bad character in a space cowboy movie with a TRANSPORTER failure....voila another 5 seconds. Well it is a game isn't it?

What is even worse is when the track ghosts some but not all in a mass schmozzle causing driver brain failure as to which way to go...ending up with you own penalty for GUESSING WRONG. At least ghost or not...but not both at once. Then there is the I WAS A GHOST BUT I AM NOW TRANSMOGRIFYING BACK TO SOLID.....and should you be half way through it like a bad character in a space cowboy movie with a TRANSPORTER failure....voila another 5 seconds. Well it is a game isn't it?

In another league I was racing in two drivers could not see each other (did not load on track for each other) and spent 3 laps racing the exact same line, with damn near the exact same timing... I was behind them and it was by far the most difficult race I'd ever driven due to considerable laughing while my PS3 attempted to redefine the laws of physics.

In another league I was racing in two drivers could not see each other (did not load on track for each other) and spent 3 laps racing the exact same line, with damn near the exact same timing... I was behind them and it was by far the most difficult race I'd ever driven due to considerable laughing while my PS3 attempted to redefine the laws of physics.
You guys should be checking to make sure everyone sees all drivers before the start of each race...

You guys should be checking to make sure everyone sees all drivers before the start of each race...

We had, we were just running late and after a few people tried disconnecting, clearing cache, etc... and it was still occurring we decided to just roll with it... Just a game, and it was worth the lulz. :lol:

We did the same in the old GTTC SERIES...we actually raced two groups of 5 who could not see each other at Apricot (which seems to be haunted). We tried to patch the results together but ended up with a rerace at the end of the season. I do hope that the overdue demise of GT5 will free up some bandwidth or whatever we need because this is really unacceptable for the worlds greatest racing simulator

We did the same in the old GTTC SERIES...we actually raced two groups of 5 who could not see each other at Apricot (which seems to be haunted). We tried to patch the results together but ended up with a rerace at the end of the season. I do hope that the overdue demise of GT5 will free up some bandwidth or whatever we need because this is really unacceptable for the worlds greatest racing simulator
Very very true.

We had, we were just running late and after a few people tried disconnecting, clearing cache, etc... and it was still occurring we decided to just roll with it... Just a game, and it was worth the lulz. :lol:
Last night in D7 first race the drivers on the grid could only see 5 cars (each driver could see 5 cars and not necessarily the same 5). We went with it..and being last away.(.I was still counting cars as the rest paid attention to 3 2 1.....) I could see all understeering madly into and for some partially into turn one....and was glad to be last....from then on all was "average" meaning some little lags but no major events other than individual connection problems. Can it be that the "web" is not up to us rather than the other way around.

Could someone explain what a modder is. And how would I know if I am in a room with one. And even if I could tell, could it be too late, since I have already been in the room? And how about if I created my own room and they join it (if I have limits set in the room would this keep them out?). Thanks

Could someone explain what a modder is. And how would I know if I am in a room with one. And even if I could tell, could it be too late, since I have already been in the room? And how about if I created my own room and they join it. Thanks
It is basically a person that hacks into the game itself and makes it where they can switch car parts like engines and in aliens case wings.

Back