Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. VrapPlus

VrapPlus

You can thank me after Sunday :cheers:.

2. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

We still need D1 replays.

3. K1utch

K1utch

OH FORREAL BROO LETS DO THIS NOW IM GOING IN TOMORROW

KTR5 likes this.
  4. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

Great! I see the results now.. thanks!

5. Ryan F

Ryan F

Have you guys ever tried spec racing but with 2 cars to choose from? For instance two cars that are classic competitors and more or less the same car. Say WRX vs EVO or Camaro vs Mustang, 458 Italia vs LFA. Not trying to stir the pot, just thought I'd share a vision with you all. Maybe an alternate race for each div that is optional and bragging rights only so it doesn't have to take up more time if you don't want.

6. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  7. Pichon617

Pichon617

I had the pole in the BRZ race

8. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

I remember we did something a few years ago in GT5. We put the faster drivers in a slightly slower car. With GT5 draft, they could keep up, but never pass. It was lots of fun and kept the cars clumped together without the use of Boost.

9. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

carczar has decided to freeze the track so it's up to @joe_diben to choose a car to run at Tokyo.

10. joe_diben

joe_diben

@zer05ive, @JLBowler
    I have made my decision, i know there are a few SNAILS that really want to race this car, myself included. I hope you guys like it as much as i did while testing it. the car we will be racing this week on Tokyo will be the:
    Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
    533 pp
    476 hp
    sports soft

Nail-27, goofytyler, Schmiggz and 3 others like this.
  11. Ryan F

Ryan F

Niiiiice! I was hoping for American muscle for some reason.

Nail-27 likes this.
  12. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

If any muscle car it should be the Challenger. It is the only true retro muscle car.

Piler likes this.
  13. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

New time 1:35.354
    Ranked 3rd in US

Nail-27, ptslopoke, KTR5 and 4 others like this.
  14. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Speaking of this new "Playseat Challenge", our third GranStrand Challenge is complete and I'll be working on the list of finalists and their number of picks soon.

As for how we'll determine the winner, we'll be using @GumballCGT fast lap during a race again. This time, it'll be at Silverstone later this month. :)

15. Adventuruss

Adventuruss

Good job!!!

dgaf95integra likes this.
  16. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

Thanks bro

17. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks for making your prize selections so quickly!

The May 11th lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

Let's get some banner pictures so that @Troggy has some options to choose from. He said he can get the banners done early this week, so let's make the most of it. :)

Michelin and JCsSoldier like this.
  18. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I have been dying to race the C7 Corvette ever since I joined.

I'll try to submit a banner for that combo. :tup:

zer05ive, llNovall and aliengamer25 like this.
  19. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

For the past few months nobody has uploaded replays
    For D1 We need someone to do it in D1 also we need
    Someone that could be backup for points if fizzer isn't
    Racing with us, on Sunday I had to Run the whole show
    Host, save replays, take votes, and who got poles
    I don't mind helping out I just can't upload replays
    Cause my laptops messed up

20. TMoMoney

TMoMoney

Caterham Seven Fireblade with SH is pretty fun on the Leguna Sega.

dgaf95integra and TEX36 like this.
  21. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

Hey Digi, that was a bit random! This weeks combos have already been selected and posted.

Handlebar and joe_diben like this.
  22. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

I like that slippery, hard to handle and poor braking Stingray... Fun car to drive when you need a fight, eheheh

joe_diben and KTR5 like this.
  23. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I certainly appreciate you stepping up and handling all the D1 stuff @dgaf95integra . Since D1 rarely submits IRs we don't usually need their replays, so haven't needed them very often. D1 has IRs filed this week, so, we need them.

24. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Maybe he was just "planting a seed" for many to consider. We raced that combo in GT-5, if memory serves.
    (Memory has not been speaking to me lately .... wonder if I have offended it, or something)

TMoMoney, turnupdaheat and Nail-27 like this.
  25. Skills

Skills Premium

@Skye Hellums,
    Thanks for your interest!
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  26. Severn

Severn

I see it now (sorry, didn't check until this morning).

Question, however. If someone disconnects after completing the qualifier but before the start of a race, do they get 0 points or last place points?
    I ask because this happened to be on Round 3, Race 1... it's not a big deal as it was a pretty full room so last place points changes nothing... but curious because I remember it being discussed in our room that night.

27. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

Well crap...I was planning on not doing it anymore, looks like I might have to keep on trying (cutting it close currently)

goofytyler and KTR5 like this.
  28. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

As long as you start the qualifier, you receive points. The tricky part is when multiple people disconnect during qualifying and you have to remember who disco'd first.

Mirado_7 likes this.
  29. FelipeVilas23

FelipeVilas23

[quote="Skills, post: 9634413, membRacecraft0"guideER=257924]FelipeVilas23[/USER],
    Here is the official welcome message. Please check out the weekday events in the hyperlink at the bottom of my post.
    If you have any desire to race in the Official Sunday races please complete the steps listed below.

Thanks for your interest!
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:
    We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:
    1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
    2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.
    3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.
    4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.
    5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:
    The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
    During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome @Skills. I will read the good racecraft guide and start preparing and following the steps to race on Sunday.

Looking foward to race!

zer05ive and Skills like this.
  30. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

I can help with D1 replays and be back-up for points starting this Sunday, I wasn't very "snaily" this Sunday and didn't save the replays.

zer05ive and dgaf95integra like this.