Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. FloydC3

FloydC3

Tokyo with a little bit of laps I'm down to a 1:47.258 I see a 46 something but need more time. The Mini Cooper with just a couple of laps I'm down to a 1:46.892 but I see maybe a 46 flat

Handlebar and Nail-27 like this.
  2. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

The Camaro isn't a true retro muscle car?

Ryan F and KTR5 like this.
  3. Neovre

Neovre

GT A round 2 isn't really that hard to get a 1:35 flat, I don't know why I am so slow/ taking so long to get it down there. 1:35.378 at the moment.. =/

My Tokyo time around 1:46.6, still don't know what I'm doing, D1 times should be around mid 1:45 or lower.

1:44.9 in the mini last night with potentially .7 - 1.0s or more to find...

I need to get a life.. :banghead: or a girlfriend :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

joe_diben likes this.
  4. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Both ? LOL

Azure Flare, KTR5 and Neovre like this.
  5. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Look at all the pony cars which one looks the most retro.

6. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

All 3 of them have styling queues from their 60s and 70s counterparts.

7. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

In Sunday's race we had quite a bit of problem with lag in the D4 races. I would like to make the following suggestions for this Sunday...
    1. Set the room up as friends only. Although maybe not adding to lag we had a few visitors drop by and some even left nasty comments.
    2. Set the room up as fixed host. I believe a fixed host uses less communication between players.
    3. Disable chat completely. Chat uses bandwith, the less bandwith we use the less likely we will run into lag issues

Comments?

Pichon617, Wardenclyffe and TEX36 like this.
  8. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

You can get a life after you win the playseat!

Nail-27 likes this.
  9. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

I know they all do but which one has the most is what I am trying to get at.

10. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

1. is a requirement that all hosts should already be doing.
    2. will not happen because when using fixed host, if the host gets dc'd, the entire room shuts down
    3. is left up to the discretion of the host

If you really want to know who the problem is, have everyone in the division run a speed test and post the results. Chances are, someone in there has a sub-par connection and it's causing issues. I would guess it was one of the drivers that started in D3 two weeks ago when we had lag issues there and now there are lag issues in D4.

joe_diben and Mirado_7 like this.
  11. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

I'm biased so I would say the Camaro. I personally think the other 2 cars are hideous.

fzappa likes this.
  12. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Well I guess I am biased also but that is only because my dad has owned both old and new challenger.

13. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 5/4/14

Pole Lap Honors:
    Round 1 (2000GT @ Tokyo): @VrapPlus 2:08.805
    Round 2 (2002 Turbo @ Eiger Reverse): @FloydC3 1:18.869
    Round 3 (BRZ GT300 @ Grand Valley): @FloydC3 1:55.644

Fast Lap honors:
    Round 1 Race 1 : @VrapPlus 2:08.322
    Round 1 Race 2 : @VrapPlus 2:09.382

Round 2 Race 1 : @VrapPlus 1:18.972
    Round 2 Race 2 : @FloydC3 1:19.103

Round 3 Race 1 : @FloydC3 1:55.277
    Round 3 Race 2 : @JoeW 1:55.369

Total Times/Wins:
    Round 1 Race 1 : @VrapPlus 10:55.511
    Round 1 Race 2 : @JoeW 11:00.278

Round 2 Race 1 : @FloydC3 10:40.309
    Round 2 Race 2 : @BTB9195 10:59.924

Round 3 Race 1 : @FloydC3 11:39.026
    Round 3 Race 2 : @Dragonwhisky 11:43.875

Interesting night in D3. With the walls of Tokyo and the tunnel at Eiger, plus several new (and fast) faces promoted to D3 that may not be used to having Penalties set to OFF, things got messy at times. Finishing gaps were pretty widely dispersed, with the lowest gap from 1st to last being just under 24 seconds, and the highest gap over 1 minute! That being said, most SNAILS were able to find someone to race with throughout the different combos despite the stretching of the field. Congrats to @VrapPlus for the (unofficial?) win and honorable mention to @FloydC3 that got promoted from D4 and was able to take 2nd for the night.

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout, and thanks to @Dragonwhisky for entering fast lap data for Round 2 Race 2!

14. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

I was born into a Chevrolet family. Between my dad, myself and all of his brothers theres 4 Chevelles, 8 Camaros, 2 Novas, 4 Corvettes, 1 Malibu and 1 Monte Carlo.

15. TMoMoney

TMoMoney

Yup. I was just "planting a seed" because I know I am not gonna win a prize in a really long time.

16. TMoMoney

TMoMoney

Like @TEX36 said, I was "planting a seed".

turnupdaheat likes this.
  17. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Had problem number 1 a two weeks or so ago in D7 a guy dropped in on our miata combo and started singing to us proudly, very weird songs at that saying were we all going to parish. Wow some people, he eventually left when someone(me) naturally got irritated with him nicely.

18. Skills

Skills Premium

In a friends only non fixed host room, if the host is disconnected, can they locate the room again by searching by track?

19. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I don't think so. I have a policy update ready to go that addresses that. Just waiting for a top of the page.

Skills likes this.
  20. Neovre

Neovre

I thought having a girlfriend meant you will have a life?

You are evil.

I once thought becoming a race car driver will automatically get you a girlfriend too. Lol

21. Severn

Severn

Did we settle on TOTP or TOPP for an acronym for that? :lol:

22. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Anyone can get a girlfriend. If you can't, then your standards are too high :)

23. Severn

Severn

Sort of like shopping for a motorcycle. :lol:
    download.jpg

dcallnight, Jakedog23, KTR5 and 2 others like this.
  24. jobyone

jobyone Premium

If you want to attract the attention of girls get a Vespa. If you want to impress men get a motorcycle. Trust me when I ride my wife's Vespa I get more attention from the opposite sex than if I was in a $100k exotic car.

gmraces, intoflatlines and Severn like this.
  25. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

Were the girls pointing at you?

Neovre, Jakedog23, Severn and 2 others like this.
  26. jobyone

jobyone Premium

haha. Trust me I feel like a fool on it but they comment on my nice bike:)

Neovre and MajorBlixem like this.
  27. rob1nh000d

rob1nh000d

Very, very informative @ATLskydiver . Much appreciated! I am saving this in my special racing folder. This is the kind of quality information that upper drivers could really help the rest of us with. I hope to see more of this from other upper drivers! Thank you. GREAT!

Also, I want to thank @VrapPlus. This last Sunday I was feeling very discouraged about my lap times in general, somewhat on Eiger, especially on R246, and just out of the clear blue, @VrapPlus noticed that my lap times where way off pace and when everyone was ready to change tracks, he asked everyone to wait while he took about 4 minutes to watch me and then show me. Being that aware of others and how they are doing can be incredibly uplifting because I was so down that I was starting to feel that it was all getting very impersonal even to the point that I was noticing a new distinct feeling of actual powerlessness. That feeling did not go away until later in the evening when I was surprised to do better than I thought I would in my division, but in some way, just feeling cared for when I was so low, helped me to hang on.

One of the things that I read on a post recently (and another reason that the forum is so great) was people cautioning others to not get burned out on GT Academy. I kind of dismissed this because I knew that I would not do that great and it only applied to the guys at the top who were working so hard to improve by such little amounts of time. Well, I now think that this is one of the reasons that I was so low on Sunday night. I felt it even some the Sunday before. Evidently the burned out concern has to be heeded not only if you are near the top, but, just if you are spending many long hours at it and only being ok (12 hours on some days).

And this is another reason that the division idea is so great. I realized that another reason why I was so low was I was constantly practicing in rooms with top division guys and it was wearing on me. Being able to have some success in your own division with guys at your lap time level is a good thing for lots of different reasons. So, once again, S.N.A.I.L. shows me more good than bad and I am glad that I am here. Thank you @VrapPlus for being a big part of this good.

One minor note; I don't want to be negative, but, you upper division guys, please be gentle with us. It doesn't happen much, but when a faster guy is right behind you and you are getting tapped over and over again, and, sometimes hit harder, it makes you feel (I know, this is going to sound...) like an object, and not a person. Now, I know that there is a time to let someone faster by (and I see it, especially in formal races), but in tight courses with slow cars (and in practice sessons), I feel like if I do well, I do actually have a fair chance at staying ahead of someone, and I at least feel like if they are so fast and good, they have to set up a pass and pass cleanly, this makes me feel like I am a co-race driver. Like I am a race car driver too! If you just act like I am in the way, and especially, when someone might be very low and discouraged, it can really heighten the feeling of it not being worth it anymore and maybe make it harder to fight giving it up. Thanks

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  28. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Nicely said. Occasionally (rarely) I have found myself as the offender tapping a slower driver in front of me. I have also been the victim of the same. It does not feel good mentally when someone faster behind you makes soft contact repeatedly. :(

chuyler1 and rob1nh000d like this.
  29. FloydC3

FloydC3

Practice room open
    1472-6118-3701-4254-4565

30. aerolite

aerolite

Guys, please excuse my ignorance being a newbie to the online racing. I've read the SNAIL OLR and everything is pretty straight forward. I'm just a bit confused with the penalty thing and ghost cars, is the penalty determined by the program, ie, how hard you happen to hit someone (by accident of course) or if you run off and hit a wall, do you automatically become a ghost car and for how long?
    Thanks.