◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
in an effort to help the new guys, would it be possible for a SNAIL official to make a post each Saturday (or whenever its locked to new members for that weeks race) to post a list of all the new drivers and the division they were assigned too? I and I'm sure others would send FR to those assigned to our division. Just a thought.

The welcome message that every new driver receives with their division placement has been changed going forward. It contains their division placement along with a link to the team SNAIL page which shows who the division host and back up hosts are. They also get a link to the driver and host responsibilities post which has detailed instructions for what a driver needs to do to be able to race.

It is the drivers responsibility to take care of the friend request before the racing starts. This has been official policy for quite a while now. Some division hosts have chosen not to follow this policy. That stops very soon. There is something in the works that will make sure every division host, scorekeeper, and replay uploader is doing their job in a timely fashion or there will be consequences.

Thanks for hosting D8 yesterday @jaybocc2! That was too much fun and is just week 1 for me :)

I got disconnected a lot but maybe is cause Im down in Brazil and gotta do something to improve connection.

I reseted my PS3 and I could run 3 races in a row, so I guess its kinda solved

Where can I see results for d8?

Do you need help with something? I remember seeing a post that asked for some roles to be filled in d8, maybe I can help.

This was my first time last night as well and it was alot of fun, thanks to all who put this on. I had the misfortune of a power outage just as race two of rd 1 was about to start but thankfully power came back on in time for Rd two. There was some good battles and funny moments (three of us into the wall together at turn one of Tokyo, no ones fault), it was hard to concentrate for a bit after that! Felipe, I think we did ok for a couple of rookies, shame you had connection problems. Hope we have a bigger field in Div 8 next week.

D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 5/11/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (Mini @ Brands Hatch): @FloydC3 1:45.515
Round 2 (BRZ GT300 @ Grand Valley): @FloydC3 1:55.196
Round 3 (Corvette at Tokyo): @FloydC3 1:46.885

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @FloydC3 1:45.035
Round 1 Race 2 : @FloydC3 1:45.440

Round 2 Race 1 : @FloydC3 1:54.684
Round 2 Race 2 : @FloydC3 1:55.338

Round 3 Race 1 : @FloydC3 1:47.317
Round 3 Race 2 : @FloydC3 1:47.366

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 : @FloydC3 10:42.012
Round 1 Race 2 : @Drgreenthumb977 10:52.076

Round 2 Race 1 : @FloydC3 11:37.369
Round 2 Race 2 : @Dragonwhisky 11:46.482

Round 3 Race 1 : @FloydC3 10:52.516
Round 3 Race 2 : @GTP_unleashed 10:58.702

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout.

Last edited:
Apparently there's another who started off in a Division way below their speed potential! :lol:
I started out in the right spot. I just really didn't know about racing and everything and was wanting to learn everything I could to prepare me for Gta. I went for it but I still don't give it my all because I do so much for The Lord. If I put a 100% into it I think I could be better but I'm happy with what I'm doing now

I just want to give a shout out to the really fast guys in this league for helping me and the lower division too for helping me. I learn from both sides it's not all about the fast guys u can learn a lot from the slower guys too just as much. Why I join this league was because I wanted to learn and get better and to prepare me for Gta and to have fun why I'm here. Whenever it gets to the point that I don't have fun is when I quit snail but hopefully it don't happen. I just wanted to let u all know

Last edited:
It's all good. But in general, the amount of free time people spend playing GT6, the faster they are.

So it would follow that the guys making and running in the practice rooms all week are going to be faster than those that don't.

You can't go faster/consistently if you don't
drive the combos alot :)

About race craft if u mess up take that mess up and study it learn from it and do better. only way to get better is to push yourself and when u mess up learn from it. Don't give up and keep trying put in seat time watch other drivers that how u get better.you get out of it what u put in it.

I started out in the right spot. I just really didn't know about racing and everything and was wanting to learn everything I could to prepare me for Gta. I went for it but I still don't give it my all because I do so much for The Lord. If I put a 100% into it I think I could be better but I'm happy with what I'm doing now

You're doing very well and it's a pleasure to race with you. Keep up the good work!

I just want to give a shout out to the really fast guys in this league for helping me and the lower division too for helping me. I learn from both sides it's not all about the fast guys u can learn a lot from the slower guys too just as much. Why I join this league was because I wanted to learn and get better and to prepare me for Gta and to have fun why I'm here. Whenever it gets to the point that I don't have fun is when I quit snail but hopefully it don't happen. I just wanted to let u all know
And Floyd thank you for taking the time to show this new guy around Eiger in the unloved BMW...as a result I had my first pole and my first win. Paying it forward...or is that backwards lol. Thanks again.

That's totally true. I'm well off pace in new combos but if one sticks around a few weeks I usually get more competitive. The only exception being Grand Valley. I just can't figure that combo out and my progress had stalled.

That's totally true. I'm well off pace in new combos but if one sticks around a few weeks I usually get more competitive. The only exception being Grand Valley. I just can't figure that combo out and my progress had stalled.
Maybe your trying to hard just drive and see if that helps when I hit a wall that's what I do and it seem to help

Generally speaking, unemployed virgins will be very quick.

I guess this explains why I am so slow.

upload_2014-5-12_20-33-32.jpeg

Generally speaking, unemployed virgins will be very quick.
( I hope that was my inside voice)

That's not always the case just cause you have X amount of time
To practices won't make you the fastest there's more to it then
Just hours of seat time...

You need to know how to find the fastest driving line
Have to find the best braking point
Have to find best turn in spots ecttttt .....
And who ever gets those down fastest is going
To be fastest to a point
Just to name a few

Last edited:
To practices won't make you the fastest there's more to it then
Just hours of seat time...

You need to know how to find the fastest driving line
Have to find the best braking point
Have to find best turn in spots ecttttt .....
Just to name a few

Very true. Plus of I've heard stories about you, so that definitely doesn't apply to you .

To practices won't make you the fastest there's more to it then just hours of seat time.
It is always the case. Not all guys who practice alot are fast. But all the fastest guys in the world practice alot. I don't even want to know how many countless hours of seat time the top 100 in the country put in trying to get to GTA. It's more than a full time job I guarantee it.

It is always the case. Not all guys who practice alot are fast. But all the fastest guys in the world practice alot. I don't even want to know how many countless hours of seat time the top 100 in the country put in trying to get to GTA. It's more than a full time job I guarantee it.

Oh god lol jk of course it takes practice to be good at anything
But some people will pick it up faster then others and adapt faster
Everyone in the top 100 in GTA didn't spend count less hours
Doing hot laps they just adapted to what was given to them
Faster then others. people in the top 100rank will most of the
Be in the top 100 . TO PROVE a point @Adventuruss put in around
400km - 180 some miles into round 2 and ran 35.179!

No, no. I'm not talking about a meaningless round. I'm talking about the last round.

When it counts.

How many hours did you put in last year to make it to 32? A ton I have no doubt.

All the fastest guys didn't get there by practicing less than 30mins a week.

All the fastest guys didn't get there by practicing less than 30mins a week.

For the qualifier last year, I put in roughly 10 hours total on the last event. I kind of did it in 2 hour stints. I'm sure others have made it with much less time invested.

Now that Sunday is done and we all have nothing to do but wait around for the combos to be announced let me thank the West Coasters that have stepped up to help run the division. We still have a lot of positions left to fill and the sooner we get them filled the smoother things will run.

In particular I would like the people in the primary roles to make sure that if they will not be there for a race they will let the division know and make sure that the other Primary (if we have one) will be there. If the second primary will not be there then the backups should be notified.

Thanks again guys and lets get the grid on and off the Track filled.

- Joby

Here is the updated Details for the West Coast Division

To all Racers in the West Coast Division.

This is an urgent call to action!

If we are going to be able to continue running the West Coast Division we need the following roles filled. Each is vital to the running of the Division and also to the overall running of the League. So I would personally like each and everyone that is a part of the West Coast Division to step up and help keep this great thing we call SNAIL going.

WC Director - @jobyone (Steward)
WC Assistant Director - @GranStand Bill

WC Host Primary - Vacant / @jobyone (Steward) when racing
WC Host Backup - @Travisorus / @RodeRuner1967 pending speed test

WC Score Keeper Primary - @Neovre (Steward) / Vacant
WC Score Keeper Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Video Uploader Primary - @tezgm99 (Steward) / Vacant
WC Video Uploader Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Data Entry Primary - @Ryan F / Vacant
WC Data Entry Backup - Vacant / Vacant

Ideally I would like 2 primary and 2 secondary volunteers. But the priority should be on getting one primary and then getting backups.

The following role is desired but not needed but is very appreciated

WC Photographers

This is the list of people that have raced in the last few weeks and our newest members yet to race. You do not have to be a long time SNAIL to help out so if you think you may be able to help out please do so.

@Jose Torres
@gmraces
@RinnFah
@Smarly 1time
@jpe138083
@Col_Mustard
@RealDeal
@SpacemanSpif

Again I can not stress again how vital it is to get these roles filled if we are going to run the West Coast Division smoothly and in a way that creates a fun environment for us all to race in.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Joby

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back