◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Soooooooooo, yeah, D2 just had a major crash.

No time to save replays, nothing.

All I know if floydlovesbritt3 won, I finished 7th and quatt would've finished 8th had he not DC'd.

So, D2! Guess we're going to need the backup host because quatt must be having some serious issues right now.. almost 10 minutes he got DC'd and no sign of life from him..

Yes but my connection hasn't been that good lately. For all I know everyone is allergic to me... either way I'm gonna have to back out for the night. At this rate we'll be lucky to finish before 1am EST. Sorry guys...

Yes but my connection hasn't been that good lately. For all I know everyone is allergic to me... either way I'm gonna have to back out for the night. At this rate we'll be lucky to finish before 1am EST. Sorry guys...
Ill host

I just can't host the room, I live too far away from everyone and my internet is in fact one of the worst in the league.

I have a hard time understanding your attitude about this.
When promotions/relegations took place at the end of last season and I found myself still in D4, I set two goals for myself. Win the D4 Season Title which in turn would move me to D3 even though I knew I would be a back-marker in D3. In order to achieve this goal, I was going to have to put in far too many hours practicing to have a chance at it. More hours than I normally have time to dedicate to sim racing.

After the first two weeks, I was seeing that effort starting to pay off and had put myself in position to battle for the title and hopefully achieve a goal I had set out to achieve.

Then comes today and I find out that someone else has effectively crushed that goal. I use the word crushed because I’m a very goal driven person. I set goals that I have a reasonable chance to achieve and this was one of them. I spent hours trying to achieve a goal and now it was a waste of time.

When I read the post about being moved, I was pissed as I don’t feel I was that much faster than the other D4 drivers under normal circumstances and without the extra effort I had to put in prepping for these combos.

It would have been nice to have received a PM explaining the situation and some understanding that perhaps going for a championship might have meant something to someone.

I’m I happy with being moved to D3, yes and no. Yes, because it is a promotion and who doesn't like a promotion. No, because I will be racing at the back of the field going forward as I wont be able to dedicate the hours to be competitive with these guys.

I regret posting my initial frustration in the forum and should have just left quietly. Most if not all of you may think that I want “whine with my cheese” or I’m looking for an ego boost and your welcome to think that, I really don’t give a **** at this point.

Yeah, you have the freedom to act the way you wish, and we'll choose to think of if what we may.

Your first amendment right for others to think you are wrong.

... at the end of last season and I found myself still in D4, I set two goals for myself. ... move me to D3 ... In order to achieve this goal, I was going to have to put in far too many hours practicing to have a chance at it. More hours than I normally have time to dedicate to sim racing.

Consider that (both?) goal achieved. It's like being told you are so good you don't even have to show up to win the race. You also have to realize that after spending all those hours practicing, you have most likely learned a lot about what it takes to go faster. It will take far less practice to stay competitive in D3 now that you have gone through "the learning curve". By competitive I mean fighting for a podium, because if you podium most races you probably would need to be in D2.

Last edited:
Seeing some funny stuff in D6 lol. Guys showing up on track, but then not in lobby view. New one for me.

We're opening a new room to see if that clears things up. "D6 Take 2" haha

Consider that (both?) goal achieved.
So I (along with the others that were moved up) can expect to participate in the ROC at the end of May? that is after all one of the reasons for having the points system in the first place, right? I didn't think so.

That said, thanks for the respect. We will see how the week goes once I get past this.

So I CLEARLY do not belong in D3. First race (Brands Hatch) I'm 6-seconds off the pace of the guy who took pole. In the second race, in a car I was more familiar with, I was going balls-out just to fight for last place. I've been sim-racing for years, so I can handle myself in a race, but I don't have the time to invest to practice that will be needed to keep up with these guys. Can I voluntarily drop back a division or two? Maybe division 5 would be better for me.

I think what happened with D6 is the servers have learned math and suddenly decided to multiply by 3.

My theory on why D6 ****ed up a few minutes ago.

Last edited:
Back