Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Xradkins

Xradkins

Like Mirado_7 said. Open the peddles and look close at the stop for the brake potentiameter. See that it returns completely when not used for braking. There is a little metal stop that can be bent to allow it to return completely. Ps, don't lose any screws.

X

Mirado_7 likes this.
  2. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I have opened a new thread for the recently revived oval racing series in the form of a one off event. Here is link to the new thread. Please post any comments or interest in racing in this thread or the new one linked here. Hopefully, PD will allow us to have the course make soon and I can fully revive this series.

88GTA and KTR5 like this.
  3. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

They are awesome. Never had to call on my wheel, but they sent me a brand new G500 mouse a week after the warranty ran out with no questions asked when it died.

4. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

Just adding my 2 pennies... mine did the same...WD40 on the pedals did the trick for me

5. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

6. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yep just got off the phone, I cleaned it before I called shhhhhhhh its still under warranty. It didn't help they said its most likely an internal problem so I'm getting a new replacement. So hey a free wheel can't complain.

7. jobyone

jobyone Premium

If they do not make you send the other one back you can always auction it for Shells:)

KTR5, MajorBlixem and aliengamer25 like this.
  8. 88GTA

88GTA

No problem and happy birthday in advance. When you have a free Tuesday night, you know where to look. :cheers::cheers:

Michelin likes this.
  9. Michelin

Michelin Premium

Thank you!! I'll be sure to look. :D

10. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yea I had to sadly also tried to bargain for a g27 but it didn't work

KTR5 likes this.
  11. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

The "picker" gets to pick anything he like within the rules. I would love to pick a combo but it would be what I wanted and would have absolutely nothing to do with A) what everyone wants or B) when it was last used.
    It is our ultimate prize to the weekend winners. It is their prize not ours. IMHO

FBR_Steve, Mirado_7 and KTR5 like this.
  12. Neovre

Neovre

You will probably keep having the problem if you use it enough times, a few of my buddies ran into the same problem after I did.

On a different note, the power cable could be the issue as well. I tried plugging the dfgt power cable to my G27 when I lost my G27's original and it had the same flickering of the brakes. But I haven't tried if using the G27 cable on the DFGT would cure the problem.

aliengamer25 likes this.
  13. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I'm surprised you didn't have more problems when trying the dfgt cable on the G27 as they are different voltage plugs.

14. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Schmiggz said

Something has to be done regarding the list of cars and tracks that we used not too long ago and prize winners have to be aware of that list and take a good look at it. There's a million nice cars in this game and we keep repeating the same ones over and over again.
    The RX7 race car was in a combo what? 2 months ago??? Dammit.... Let's innovate... Let's get different stuff for Christ sakes!

Actually its was in February and some guys were not here to race it. And if I'm not mistaken the RX-7 hasn't been raced on that track yet in SNAIL this year. But on the flipside I for one thought it was a good choice and therefore I picked it. When it comes to race time there is a small chat bubble where you can vote it out. I have been criticized for everything I have picked since joining SNAIL and its annoying. Its a prize winners choice there isn't a rule that says we have tp wait x amount of months or whatever. With all do respect to everyone in this league, plain and simple just keep the thoughts to yourself and drive it or choose not to, doesn't matter to me.

15. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

No kidding

16. VrapPlus

VrapPlus

Your picks suck!! J/k! They're mostly fun :D

17. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Don't worry about it. If it's liked it will hang around. If it's not liked, it can be voted off. If Schmiggz doesn't like it, he'll just quit in the middle of the race night.:D

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    RodeRuner1967, Troggy, nmcp1 and 7 others like this.
  18. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Very true but from the post that announcers the winners

Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). ​

I bolded some of it. Now I know it says it is not required. But it should be clear that we all want to race fun combos. And many of us want to race cars we have never raced before over cars that we have. It is your choice.
    I think a lot has to do with your goal for choosing a combo. If it is because you "Want to" then say so and talk about why. But if it looks like you just picked a car that was run a few months ago with no acknowledgement of that fact then I would expect a few opinions to be expressed.

Finally let me say I never criticized the combo and I am sure I will enjoy it. I just feel we are losing one of the key things that drew me to this league. That is the variety of cars and tracks that were used. I for one feel we are loosing that and that is making me sad.

You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time.​

19. shmibal_GT

shmibal_GT

Have the new combos been selected?
    My face is ready.........

20. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yes I think we may still be waiting on Mirado but word has it racing is cancelled due to memorial day. Thank god because my wheel crapped out.

21. Neovre

Neovre

Needless to say that the flickering brakes weren't the reason why I didn't continue to use it.

22. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

One has. Mirado will be testing cars and making his choice tonight. You have two weeks to get ready so in the mean time, check this out. Oval Racing

KTR5 likes this.
  23. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Bout time someone said that....ATTABOY 25.

KTR5 and Handlebar like this.
  24. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

OK, I'm going to reformulate my point of view...
    Obviously you are free to choose whatever car or track you want as I am free to call you an fool for the choices you make but, I don't do it because Snail has a parameter of respect and healthy friendly environment that I want to respect the same way that snail has will for diversity and a larger range of challenge that everyone should also respect. Its part of our DNA that has being built for the last 3 years and very unfortunately, a lot of prize winners have been making they're choices based on they're very own consideration simply forgetting we're over 100 people.
    But... OK! Let's do the Mazda...... Again.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  25. Neovre

Neovre

Immediately into the 2:13s after taking the wheels off my seat 20140520_155206.jpg

26. Piler

Piler

I agree to the terms and conditions and am ready to make my picks.

KTR5 likes this.
  27. jaybocc2

jaybocc2

@Dragonwhisky i believe i did, from jaybocc2

You can also easily reach me on gtalk at jaybocc2@gmail.com

28. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

You are authorized to make your picks.

Reply to the most recent selection post and remember to remove the [/quote.... at the top and the quote] at the bottom.

You have 15 minutes from the time of this post to make your selection.

29. Piler

Piler

[​IMG]

As of this post, here is the current list of the GranStand Challenge III picks. If you are a finalist, please post on this thread that you agree to the terms and conditions of the contest and that you're ready to make your picks. Once @KTR5 authorizes you to proceed with your numbers selection, click the 'Reply' button below and then add your name next to any numbers that are still available. Be sure that you don't make more picks than the number of picks you have earned. Once you're done making your picks, you need to delete the text above the GranStand logo (it looks like this: [qu0te="username, post: 1234567, member: 123456"]). After you've deleted that, hit the 'Post Reply' button down below. Please be sure that you are replying to the latest list before making your picks. Good luck!

00 -
    01 - speer9892003
    02 - racingchamp30
    03 - JWalker
    04 - Mirado_7
    05 - KTR5
    06 - racingchamp30
    07 - Mirado_7
    08 - intoflatlines
    09 - KTR5
    10 - Speer9892003
    11 - Mirado_7
    12 - Grandpa Money
    13 - Dragonwhisky
    14 - wvhellbilly
    15 - sharkb8ii
    16 -hooker4
    17 - cmbeal317
    18 - martin20az
    19 - JLBowler
    20 -
    21 - KTR5
    22 -
    23 - sharkb8ii
    24 -
    25 - racingchamp30
    26 -
    27 -hooker4
    28 - Piler
    29 - racingchamp30
    30 -hooker4
    31 - cmbeal317
    32 -
    33 - Grandpa Money
    34 - Speer9892003
    35 -
    36 - sharkb8ii
    37 - JWalker
    38 - wvhellbilly
    39 - Piler
    40 -
    41 -
    42 - Dragonwhisky
    43 -
    44 -
    45 -
    46 - sharkb8ii
    47 - martin20az
    48 - Speer9892003
    49 - Dgaf
    50 - JLBowler
    51 - Dgaf
    52 - wvhellbilly
    53 -
    54 -
    55 - JWalker
    56 - Gtp_Unleashed159
    57 -hooker4
    58 -
    59 - sharkb8ii
    60 -
    61 -
    62 -
    63 -
    64 - cmbeal317
    65 -
    66 -
    67 -
    68 -
    69 - wvhellbilly
    70 - Grandpa Money
    71 -
    72 -
    73 - JWalker
    74 - Mirado_7
    75 -
    76 - intoflatlines
    77 - KTR5
    78 -
    79 -
    80 - ATLskydiver
    81 - JLBowler
    82 - wvhellbilly
    83 -
    84 - Piler
    85 - intoflatlines
    86 - JWalker
    87 -
    88 -
    89 - Gtp_Unleashed159
    90 - ATLskydiver
    91 - JLBowler
    92 -
    93 -
    94 -
    95 -
    96 -
    97 - Grandpa Money
    98 - Speer9892003
    99 -

KTR5 likes this.
  30. Ryan F

Ryan F

For what it's worth, I haven't tried the Mazda yet and I'm stoked on it. But I understand you guys wanting variety. Why don't you guys just set a rule to say that a car can't be chosen if it has been raced in the last 6 months or so. A lot of people like to come on here and talk about the negatives instead of proposing a solution to the problem. In my country that's called whining. I prefer problem solving.

Nail-27, JoeW and Neovre like this.