Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

The best place to find the yearly calendar is in the official league schedule, which is linked in the first paragraph of the first post. Things are in the works to make information like this easier to find though. :)

Per our 2014 calendar, the May season actually includes the first Sunday of June as well. :tup:

Sharkb8ii, aliengamer25 and KTR5 like this.
  2. d3uc3_dropp3r

d3uc3_dropp3r

I pushed and I pushed and with less than 20 mins to go I am unable to find that half a second at round 2. SNAIL REPRESENT!

dgaf95integra likes this.
  3. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

Looks like me adventuruss and redsox and msgt made it into the playseat competition :scared:

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  4. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

And @redsoxboy80

ptslopoke likes this.
  5. Adventuruss

Adventuruss

Did he post his time?

6. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Well duh...thank you ....now I can set up my G27. Before... every time I hit the brakes on the 27 (which are exponentially harder than the GTDF) my chair rolled back. Sometimes the forest and the trees cant be seen through your eyes....it takes someone else to spot the OBVIOUS!

Neovre likes this.
  7. Rednose58

Rednose58

It would be nice to see this car in a future combo.... SLS AMG GT3 '11 Racing Mediums :gtpflag:

Will need a long track such as SPA, Sarthe, Grand Valley, (Panorama....:banghead: ouch!!), Suzuka, Silverstone GP, Cape Ring,..... Engine sounds great:tup:. Handles extremely well. <Cr300,000

Note: It looks like the Database for cars not raced before is not totally up to date with the new GT6 models:confused:

Grand Valley Speedway.jpg

cmbeal317, 88GTA, Rockhound18 and 7 others like this.
  8. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

It's a damn shame that is sounds like :censored: in GT6.

Ever wondered what anger sounds like?

This is it.

9. Neovre

Neovre

But it will never beat the "Mobile Earthquake" which again sounds like :censored: in Gran Turismo

10. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

Today's C7.R still retains that sound.

euclid58 likes this.
  11. SHOCKY_WELL

SHOCKY_WELL

Get all the animal hair out of it

12. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

I don't know. Did they publish a list yet?

13. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

And that one was WHEELY OBVIOUS! :D

Sorry, I'll get my coat....

Btw, I meant to reply to your mention of the passing of Jack Brabham. He was a total F1 legend having won as many world titles as Senna and being the only man in history to have designed, built and driven his own car to win a World Championship.

I just came across this great video where himself and Fangio met on the track back in 1978. They were asked to do demonstration laps and Fangio said no to that idea. He said he'd prefer to race. Complete legend!

14. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

What's the combos?

[​IMG]

15. llNovall

llNovall

I have seen and heard these Corvettes in the city streets of Baltimore for the ALMS series the last 3 years. The sound of this car along with it's sound deflecting off the buildings was amazing.

16. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

In no particular order:

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
    Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '98 @ Grand Valley Speedway
    Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 @ Silverstone GP Circuit

Now where's my fish?

KTR5 likes this.
  17. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 5/18/14

Pole Lap Honors:
    Round 1 (GSX-R/4 @ Brands Hatch GP): @Rednose58 1:31.346
    Round 2 (365 GTB4 @ Silverstone GP): @GTP_unleashed 2:14.783
    Round 3 (BRZ GT300 @ Grand Valley): @Rednose58 1:56.115

Fast Lap honors:
    Round 1 Race 1 : @GTP_unleashed 1:31.404
    Round 1 Race 2 : @GTP_unleashed 1:31.922

Round 2 Race 1 : @Rednose58 2:14.756
    Round 2 Race 2 : @GTP_unleashed 2:14.967

Round 3 Race 1 : @GTP_unleashed 1:55.512
    Round 3 Race 2 : @JLBowler 1:55.502

Total Times/Wins:
    Round 1 Race 1 : @Rednose58 10:54.186
    Round 1 Race 2 : @turnupdaheat 10:58.525

Round 2 Race 1 : @JoeW 11:23.306
    Round 2 Race 2 : @Wolfsatz 11:28.934

Round 3 Race 1 : @GTP_unleashed 11:42.958
    Round 3 Race 2 : @JLBowler 11:43.166

A little late because I wanted to post this after some of the Grandstand III challenge posts were finished. It was a fun night in D3. The GSX-R combo led to some very large first to last gaps. I personally felt like it was very fun and engaging to drive, but seemingly small mistakes turned catastrophic very quickly, leading to most people not really battling anyone except themselves. Still, it was good fun and I kind of wished that the combo stayed. The 365 GTB combo was awesome! Lots of close racing and intense battles were experienced, and the low grip and sometimes oversteering, sometimes understeering chassis made it very engaging to drive. For one of the races, I spent the whole race behind @Dragonwhisky and @turnupdaheat, trying to keep up with them (almost passed them once... almost...). They took so many corners wheel to wheel, it was crazy. Entering in the data, I found myself watching the entire race just to experience their tight racing and incredible racecraft again. BRZ combo was, well, the same thing it's been for the last year (at least it feels that way). Qualify nicely and don't crash, and trust that the unbelievable amount of grip is still there, and you'll be fine. I did have fun doing a lot of defensive driving, managing to keep the significantly faster @JLBowler behind me for an entire race (again - I've done it to him with this combo at least two other times). Defensive but clean driving is key if you are like me and don't turn the quickest laps. I think that @JLBowler would agree that, although it was frustrating for him to not get a good passing chance, it was a good clean battle that kept us both on our toes. That being said, I'm very glad the BRZ is finally gone!

Going into the final round, we had a 3 way tie for 1st, but in the end we clearly had our winner. Congrats to @Rednose58 for the (official? unofficial?) win. Another thing to note is that @Dragonwhisky finished in 4th place without getting on the podium once, finishing in front of a combined 8 medals including 3 1st place finishers. Consistency is huge!

@Wolfsatz I miss your photo recaps!

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

18. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

Congrats guys! I knew I should have played a bit last night (I am currently 3rd back-up) out of the top ten by around a tenth of a second...

19. RodeRuner1967

RodeRuner1967

This sounds like a threat on track. WOW!

20. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

I did and it still does it of last night and has gotten worse, I stretched the spring and everything that I coild find on the internet. Logitech is sending me a new one

SHOCKY_WELL likes this.
  21. hognhominy

hognhominy

I had a similar issue with my fanatec pedals, tried everything like you did, ended up with a BasherBoards Pedal Filter which fixed my issues. Too bad i now have a fried ps3.

PS: also div 6 from TN

Nail-27 likes this.
  22. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Where in TN....

23. hognhominy

hognhominy

Knoxville/Alcoa/Maryville

Nail-27 likes this.
  24. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

Is official practice still going ahead tomorrow despite there being no racing this weekend?

25. fizzer

fizzer

KTR5 likes this.
  26. Neovre

Neovre

The ones in ALMS were GT2, some 2-300 hp down from the GT1 beasts. But nonetheless brutal. They really shook the ground when I was at Laguna Seca the first time, standing right next to the race track at the run up to turn 5 near the Mother's bridge.

llNovall likes this.
  27. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

You are authorized to make your 5 picks.

Reply to the most recent selection post and remember to remove the [/quote.... at the top and the quote] at the bottom.

You have 15 minutes (or as long as it takes for someone else to accept the T&Cs) from the time of this post to make your selection.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  28. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Since next monday is Memorial day, are we going to be racing next sunday or the sunday in June?

29. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Check here for the answer to that question.

Nail-27 likes this.
  30. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Thank you.