◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
For those who haven't seen it on facebook. What tracks are those?

That video has been going around for a few days ago, it was even in GT6 with the last update(until the hot fix took it out)

For those who haven't been reading the thread about Senna content over in the main GT6 section, here is what we'll be getting:

- #17 Racing Cart
- Ralt Formula 3
- Lotus 97T

- 80's Brand's Hatch(Indy and Grand Prix)
- 80's Monza

- Racing suits to go with each car

That video has been going around for a few days ago, it was even in GT6 with the last update(until the hot fix took it out)

For those who haven't been reading the thread about Senna content over in the main GT6 section, here is what we'll be getting:

- #17 Racing Cart
- Ralt Formula 3
- Lotus 97T

- 80's Brand's Hatch(Indy and Grand Prix)
- 80's Monza

- Racing suits to go with each car
Can you link us.

Thanks to those who posted info on headsets. Really glad to learn that I can use a headset to communicate while leaving game audio through my tv / audio system.

You might want to check out the px5 wireless setup. It has Dolby digital surround and you can control other players Mic volume and game volume separately.
It does eat up batteries though so be sure to have good rechargeables.
You can also hook up any other audio source via fiber optic or regular red/white audio cables. Great for listening to movies or tv loud at night.

Immediately into the 2:13s after taking the wheels off my seat View attachment 159260
Well duh...thank you ....now I can set up my G27. Before... every time I hit the brakes on the 27 (which are exponentially harder than the GTDF) my chair rolled back. Sometimes the forest and the trees cant be seen through your eyes....it takes someone else to spot the OBVIOUS!
I've got another solution that might work for you as well. Rather than remove the wheels of your office chair, simply buy an inexpensive chair mat (like one of these). Then position the mat so that two of your office chair's wheels are over the edge of the mat when your chair is your racing position. Next, place something underneath the edge of the chair mat so that the lip of it is raised. Because those two wheels are now unable to roll over the raise lip ofyour chair mat, they prevent your chair from sliding back when you press your pedals. An added bonus is that when you're not racing, your office chair rolls around much easier (especially if it's currently on carpet). :)

Last edited:
INTRODUCTION
This is a little bit late but in response to the racecraft tutorial people have been talking about.

I plan on making short videos of demonstration of racecraft for the combos each week. These demonstration passes will mostly be passes that require some thought into it more than just overwhelming your opponent with sheer speed from corner exit to corner entry such as the dominating skills a D1 driver would have over a D8 driver.

I do hope I can generate these posts consistently each week but that depends on whether I see a great pass done and also the time I am able to spend on making these posts, but I do plan on doing at least 1 or 2 per new combo each week if possible. It will get more organized as it goes on.

The format of the video will be a simple replay of the pass such as the one you will see below.
PLEASE READ THE TEXT BEFORE WATCHING THE VIDEO in order to get the full picture of the thought process leading up to the pass.

The objective of these posts is to help some folks see the way I analyze the combo, the opponent and hopefully inspire them to do the same in future combos to promote better wheel to wheel and side by side action as opposed to clicking super fast laps. Meaning driving techniques to go faster will not be much discussed here. (we have the yellow room for that I believe)

NOW LET'S GET TO THE MAIN COURSE
3000GT Grand Valley Raceway Combo

Analysis:
I haven't done much laps prior to the race below but I already saw that it will be a combo that promotes tight, packed driving due to the lack of acceleration power in the car, the rather grippy Sports Medium tires in contrast to the power of the car, the car being slightly understeery and the lengthy straights. That also means that passing will be difficult as having more skill will only give you less than half a second advantage.

The result would be it's hard to get alongside into the braking zone or you will need a late lunge into an early apex only to be able to get alongside coming out of the corner which is very dangerous to begin with.

The first half of the video demonstrates how equal the cars are and time lost is time lost as demonstrated in the 2nd gear hairpin into the first tunnel when I tried to late apex but ended up losing a bit more time.
hooker4 did a great job withstanding the pressure as we have been nose to tail for a lap or 2 plus a little bit of fender rubbing.

The Move:

As we approached the final tunnel for the last time, in order to get into a position to attack I need to be alongside going into a corner, AND on the right(correct) side. Facing a determined hooker4 I feinted to the inside and showed my nose right before we start braking.

Of course there is no way I can outbrake hooker, the intent of showing my nose and staying on the inside line was to break his concentration at the moment he needed to hit the brakes and also to make it look like I am going to make a desperate move. This is what they call forcing an error out of your opponent.

In reality, I just drove as if he wasn't there, focusing on making the apex and not overshoot it. That way if hooker4 didn't outbrake himself and decides to cut back into the apex I won't be squished because he is still fully ahead of me. But the tactic worked or he misjudged the speed himself (would be nice if you could clarify and tell us from your point of view on this @hooker4 ) I was able to get alongside him going into the next corner.

I actually made a slight mistake and ran a little bit wide as you will see on the tight left hander, but the key point here is staying alongside hooker4 and go straight for the apex curb. that way you have the initiative and most of the time able to get on the throttle slightly earlier that the car on the outside line.

Finally going into the final corner, as it is a fairly fast corner, the car on the outside line will definitely scrub a bit more speed trying to hold his line and because his turn in point is dictated by the turn in point of the car on the inside line, even thought the winning margin isn't huge but it is JOB DONE.

If you were able to bear with that long post, congratulations. :cheers:
Now enjoy the motion pictures as it unfolds. :cheers:

Feedbacks are welcomed, hope at least some of you will find this helpful. I will try and make it shorter next time.

Yeah neo, the corner where you got to the inside of me was me watching my mirror and getting on the brakes a little late causing me to go way to wide. But all in all I think we did a pretty fair job of staying off of each other. That bump on the straight was me trying to catch a little side draft but I got to close. Fun times though.

Can you link us.
I would personally help with/build a series with the F3 car if it is playable or not locked in Senna content
I've got another solution that might work for you as well. Rather than remove the wheels of your office chair, simply buy an inexpensive chair mat (like one of these). Then position the mat so that two of your office chair's wheels are over the edge of the mat when your chair is your racing position. Next, place something underneath the edge of the chair mat so that the lip of it is raised. Because those two wheels are now unable to roll over the raise lip ofyour chair mat, they prevent your chair from sliding back when you press your pedals. An added bonus is that when you're not racing, your office chair rolls around much easier (especially if it's currently on carpet). :)

I forgot that I had some carpenter friends make wooden squares about 4 inches on a
side and then sink indentations in the center of each. They were to go under the table legs to raise the monitor table. I lowered the chair instead so the little wooden caster preventers (I know there must be some real name for them) were sitting on my model construction table. I very cleverly put one under each wheel on the chair et voila ! A non skid G27 gorilla brake proof chair. Start up the G 27 in the morning.

I would personally help with/build a series with the F3 car if it is playable or not locked in Senna content

I forgot that I had some carpenter friends make wooden squares about 4 inches on a
side and then sink indentations in the center of each. They were to go under the table legs to raise the monitor table. I lowered the chair instead so the little wooden caster preventers (I know there must be some real name for them) were sitting on my model construction table. I very cleverly put one under each wheel on the chair et voila ! A non skid G27 gorilla brake proof chair. Start up the G 27 in the morning.
I would love to see that.
Who knows Base Model?

Senna content needs more McLaren. Is the MP4/4 and MP4/6 too much to ask?

I can't wait till they release the SLS GT3 in Assetto Corsa, it's great in GT6 and I don't even want to think how much time I'll spend driving once it's out for AC.

Have you heard it in project CARS? It sounds sick! :drool:

Monday, my workplace will be observing Memorial Day, so I don't have the work that night.

Is there anything that goes on on Mondays?

Talking of spins.....try to add a 360 at Skyline during your GTA lap and maintain a decent time like this guy!

This is brilliant from Darrell Waltrip!

Senna content needs more McLaren. Is the MP4/4 and MP4/6 too much to ask?

The initial content release is obviously focused on his early career cars and tracks. It would be highly unlikely that they wouldn't release at a later stage the iconic McLaren cars in which he won his World Championships. Be patient, the content you seek will come and I predict Interlagos will accompany it.

Last edited:
Question for European SNAILS or those of you that are familiar with Europe... In November I think I will be traveling to Western Europe for vacation. The boss lady isn't particularly as interested in motorsports as I am, but she has agreed to do a couple of motorsports activities over there with me. I wanted to do the standard tourist Nordschleife touring laps but that won't be an option since the track closes down for the season at the beginning of the month. I found an option for touring laps of Spa-Francorchamps, which I think would be amazing! Probably my number 1 pick for now. But are there any other events or activities in Western Europe in November that would be fun for a tourist? I unfortunately am not fluent in any language other than English, although I can kind of speak/understand basic Spanish, probably as much as a 4 year old or something. PM me if you have some ideas!

I am sure that most of you watch racing on the tube ( screen?). And I am sure you have missed saving races due to the fact that they move around within "networks" multiple channels. TVRacer solves that problem. They/he posts a Guide that is easy to read.

www.tvracer.com

Also most of you know this one but some newbies may not. Blancpain saves all broadcasts linked through both their homepage

www.blancpain-gt-series.com

Also you will find all sorts of Endurance Races saved as both full length and highlights at

www.youtube.com then search for GT world

Edit: another great informative site with latest Sports Car news. Today with headlines from Lime Rock...my spiritual home along with The Glen...

www.sportscar365.com

Enjoy

Last edited:
I am sure that most of you watch racing on the tube ( screen?). And I am sure you have missed saving races due to the fact that they move around within "networks" multiple channels. TVRacer solves that problem. They/he posts a Guide that is easy to read.

www.tvracer.com

Also most of you know this one but some newbies may not. Blancpain saves all broadcasts linked through both their homepage

www.blancpain-gt-series.com

Also you will find all sorts of Endurance Races saved as both full length and highlights at

www.youtube.com then search for GT world

Enjoy
Thing is, I think all the BlancPain replays are area blocked to US. Because CBS Sports took the rights to it during the week leading up to Brands Hatch last weekend.

Thing is, I think all the BlancPain replays are area blocked to US. Because CBS Sports took the rights to it during the week leading up to Brands Hatch last weekend.
Ugh, I thought it was just the Brands Hatch race, but you're right. All the old races are region locked now too...:banghead:
Does CBS upload them separately somewhere for the US? Or are we just screwed?

image.jpg
If I was a woman I would of thrown my thong at it.

Last edited:
Ugh, I thought it was just the Brands Hatch race, but you're right. All the old races are region locked now too...:banghead:

I forget exactly how I did this, but there is a website I've gone to before (I have it bookmarked at home), where I could "unlock" this type of stuff. I've used it on BBC UK to watch Top Gear and another car related series in the past. I'll see if I can find it tonight.

Last edited:
I forget exactly how I did this, but there is a website I've gone to before (I have it bookmarked at home), where I could "unlock" this type of stuff. I've used it on BBC UK to watch Top Gear and another car related series in the past. I'll see if I can find it tonight.

I use hideipvpn.com to access region-locked content. I have a US/UK/DE account which I use to fool mlb.tv and the BBC iPlayer.

wait so this means that you can't watch Blancpain in the US? Or are you saying you can only watch in the US?

I watch it on the GTWorld Youtube channel.

Back