◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Hello guys,

This is a question for G27 users. How many of you are using a different setting than the default 900 degree on GTA?
Can I improve my lap times changing the default setting?

Hello guys,

This is a question for G27 users. How many of you are using a different setting than the default 900 degree on GTA?
Can I improve my lap times changing the default setting?

When I first got my G27, I didn't know how to change the settings, so I used the default. Once I learned how to change it, I always used the "O" setting, which I think is 670*. However, when the first round started, I tried the next setting, which is something like 440* (I'm guessing here) - this is the "square" button, and have used that one almost exclusively for everything. For good or bad habits, it's the one I've become most accustomed to.

Will it make you faster, maybe. I know @Dragonwhisky feels strongly (as do I and others), that at least going to the 670* setting gives you more control and less of a deadzone.

Great racing tonight in div2, since I joined snail in Jan. I had my up and downs getting on probation for making igrorant mistakes and I set me a goal to learn better racecraft and become a better racer most importantly be respected. My other goal was to get 1st place in points in the very competive div 2 group and I accomplished that tonight and man it feels gd.
My new girlfriend thinks it feels good, too.

X

P.s. Enjoy the moment while it last.

When I first got my G27, I didn't know how to change the settings, so I used the default. Once I learned how to change it, I always used the "O" setting, which I think is 670*. However, when the first round started, I tried the next setting, which is something like 440* (I'm guessing here) - this is the "square" button, and have used that one almost exclusively for everything. For good or bad habits, it's the one I've become most accustomed to.

Will it make you faster, maybe. I know @Dragonwhisky feels strongly (as do I and others), that at least going to the 670* setting gives you more control and less of a deadzone.

All 4 settings (TSOX) get rid of the dead zone. I've used the O (670) setting exclusively since being able to set it. When I did the last Senna TT I did change it to the S setting and was able to shave a couple more tenths off my previous best to get that thing golded.

question.. I just did the time trial, and my GT6 name is my last name. Can I just use my PSN?
Almost all of the records SNAIL keeps for drivers is keyed off their PSN names. We probably ought to remove that GT6 name field from the TT form.

Last edited:

i switched to the 670 setting and never looked back. I can catch slides so much easier. It really speeds up the response. I think it really helped me improve my speed but more importantly it improved my consistency

@quattpequatt Speed recovery for you and your family! If needed, we can try to help you out! ;) Hope to be able to battle it out again on the track soon.

For D2, apart from being a bit anxious and having to say a crap load of sorry all night long, I guess it was a pretty good night. Guess I'll join the yellow room this week.

The only thing that made me sad is that most of the time I somehow did the same mistake of the person ahead of me and the car of course behaved the same, but always I said hello to the wall while the guy ahead of me saved it and went to the podium. :( And I thought I had a podium secured with the RX-7, but it decided to ditch me. :( :lol:

All 4 settings (TSOX) get rid of the dead zone. I've used the O (670) setting exclusively since being able to set it. When I did the last Senna TT I did change it to the S setting and was able to shave a couple more tenths off my previous best to get that thing golded.

Almost all of the records SNAIL keeps for drivers is keyed off their PSN names. We probably ought to remove that GT6 name field from the TT form.
So what do I do for now?

I have been known (unless the car does some crazy understeering) to set it to the full 240° T (for Twitchy) setting just because of how responsive it really is and how easy it is to catch oversteer (and I really really love it for rally racing).

Otherwise, I will typically run the 450° S setting.

Thank you all for your prompt replies!!
I see a preference for the 670 setting so I'll give it a try :)
Always remember every time the game "unloads" it reverts to 900...at least that is what mine did. As I assuredly turned my wheel and went more or less in an arc into the kitty litter. :ouch:I use 450 for everything as I will need it for tight hairpins and it is more like the quick steering I'm used to. Mostly, except for the station hairpin at Monaco, all except the 900 are useable IMHO.

All 4 settings (TSOX) get rid of the dead zone. I've used the O (670) setting exclusively since being able to set it.

670 also.

Speaking of the dead zone, the last two times I've plugged in my wheel, it seems the dead zone has increased. Even when I switch settings from default to any of the other settings, it's still there and was never this bad before. I've switched from power assist on and off, increased and decreased the FFB and still no change. Anyone else have this issue with the G27 before or after the update?

S.N.A.I.L. at the GTPlanet 24 Heures du Mans

2014-Journee-Test---24-Heures-du-Mans--SBA-1424A-JT--BA-0340_hd.jpg

A few days ago @zer05ive and myself were invited to bring a team to the GTPlanet 24 Heures du Mans which is taking place on July 12th and 13th. However, unlike the endurance races that I run on Saturday nights, this race will take place over a full 24 hours. I knew right away that I would like to participate and I need a little help so that we can compete. For the race we need a total of 3 drivers and a team manager(one of the drivers could double if we can't find someone else). The biggest challenge is that to be fair, we should each be able to race for a total of 8 hours over the 24 hour period, though I will gladly do more if needed. This is a very serious event, and is not to be taken lightly.

I have also asked and we are allowed to add a reserve team if enough people are interested and committed to racing. Being a reserve team means that if one of the 15 invited teams decides not to race, then they will pick from the list of reserves in the order they asked to be added to the list.

As for the car we'll be racing, we have a few options for class:

LMP - Le Mans Prototypes(i.e. Audi R18, Mazda 787, Bentley Speed 8, etc.)

GT+ - Super GT, GT1, GT2(i.e. Nissan GT-R GT500, McLaren F1 GTR, etc.)

GT - GT3 and GT4(i.e. Nissan GT-R GT3, BMW Z4 GT3. etc.)

Driver Requirements:

- Must be an active member of S.N.A.I.L. [Spec] or [Enduro] Racing

- Must not be on probation for any racing incidents

- Must be able to race for long periods(up to 3 hours) with little time for breaks

To guarantee entry, we need to have the drivers and team manager sorted out by Monday June 8th. More information can be found at the following link.

24 Heures du Mans [12-13 JULY]

Interested Drivers:

@Jakedog23
@Pichon617
@1Lambofan
@soundtiger95
@dangerzone641
@Kgffy

I am very interested in this. What do I need to do to get involved?

Back