Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Had the same issue at Grand Valley with the Subaru I had more than overlap going into a turn and the driver came over on top of me which threw me into the wall we both spun but I had mine more controlled so I kept going because it was clearly his fault because he had the reason "I didn't see you"

2. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Please read this, paying special attention to Section 7 paragraph B. If this applies to the situation you described it should answer your question.

As defined in that section, your front end, past their bumper, at their turn in, is not considered sufficient overlap.

Any time an incident occurs and fault is in doubt, it is always considered good sportsmanship for the affected parties to allow each other to get under way and then try it again and do it better.

Handlebar likes this.
  3. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

When I read @JCsSoldier's description, I picture it being on a straight, not during or just prior to turn in. Does the same principle apply?

4. Sharkb8ii

Sharkb8ii

If it's the incident that I'm thinking, then it was the chicane at Silverstone right before the front straight.

5. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Yes, we have room for more. Welcome! Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

6. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 1, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. :tup:
    Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data
    Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it
    Division 1
    1. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (83.42 for Prize A)
    2. redsoxboy80 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    3. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    4. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    5. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    6. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    7. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    8. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    9. Klutch-D ---------- did not submit a vote
    10. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    Division 2
    1. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (82.96 for Prize B)
    2. floydlovesbritt3 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    3. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    4. VrapPlus ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    5. GTP_Michelin9960 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    6. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    7. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    8. dirttrackj -------- did not submit a vote
    Division 3
    1. Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (74.67 for prize purposes only)
    2. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    3. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    4. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
    5. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    6. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    7. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    8. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    9. GrimGrnninGhost --- did not submit a vote
    Division 4
    1. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (74.94 for prize purposes only)
    2. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    3. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    4. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    5. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    6. Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    7. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    8. Driftin_Assassin -- voted to eliminate Round 2
    Division 5
    1. Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (82.40 for Prize C)
    2. Mirado_7 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    3. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    4. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    5. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    6. imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    7. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    8. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    9. zii1993 ----------- did not submit a vote
    10. GTP_lousteezy ----- did not submit a vote
    11. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
    Division 6
    1. alienxgamer25 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (75.33 for prize purposes only)
    2. rob1nh000d -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    3. hognhominy -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    4. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    5. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    6. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    7. Nail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    8. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    9. race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    10. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    11. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    Division 7
    1. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85 (70.36 for prize purposes only)
    2. tevesh2 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    3. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
    4. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1
    5. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    6. JCsSoldier -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    7. dcallnight -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    8. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    9. Ogg_42 ------------ did not submit a vote
    Division 8
    1. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 98 (ineligible for prizes)
    2. jaybocc2 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    3. PICHON617 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    4. FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    West Coast
    1. CDNbossCDN -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    2. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    3. T-n-T-2000 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
    Round 1 - Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '98 (Sport Medium tires) at Grand Valley Speedway (5 laps)
    Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @martin20az wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
    The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
    Round 3 - Mazda RX-7 Touring Car (Race Hard tires) at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (8 laps)
    This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Kgffy gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.
    Prize C goes to @kadrek so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).
    Car Selection Guidelines
    Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
    DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.
    Track Selection Guidelines
    Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  7. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

GT Academy 2014
    ROUND 4

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

Punch your ticket to the big show.

We're only 30 hours into round 4, but the SNAILs are out in semi-full force.

There are 9 listed in the top 32 (top 28 USA go to the semi-finals) at the moment. If you're not listed, fill out a form and get on our list!

US Rank (there are at least 2 in the top 32 that I know aren't eligible - @Doodle and @martin20az - any others?)
    3- @Adventuruss
    6- @msgt-sd
    9- @fizzer
    17- @K1utch
    19- @Neovre
    20- @martin20az
    22- @dgaf95integra
    31- @ParkerMO125
    32- @gmraces

33- @GumballCGT
    36- @GTP_Compton3

SUBMISSION FORM

DATABASE

GT Academy Round 4 USA Rankings - Top 250

I will sort and remove each individuals slower submission each night.

8. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

[​IMG]

Race Date: 1 June 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

[​IMG]

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 7 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, June 6th , 2014.
    Banners by dabneyd

Handlebar and KTR5 like this.
  9. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

You know I'll be there. Rx7 at Seca is the obvious choice here as well. :sly:
    Can't wait!:cheers:

KTR5 and aliengamer25 like this.
  10. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

The results post is posted above. Sorry for the lack of line breaks at the top and the bottom of the post, but it looks like GTP12 has yet another glitch that makes creating/editing long posts much more difficult than it should be. :grumpy:

KTR5 likes this.
  11. Kgffy

Kgffy

I'll give the freeze to price c

zer05ive and aliengamer25 like this.
  12. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread) // I submit this as my request to join.

Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions) // Watching
    Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineupbelow // Done
    Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight) // Done
    Step 5: On Sunday night, join the room number of the division you're are assigned to. It will be posted on this thread 15 minutes before the races start. // ???
    If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

zer05ive likes this.
  13. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

What's all this about?

14. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

I copied the steps to join. So I could make sure I do each on. Sorry if it was wrong to do.

15. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Oh no you're fine I was just wondering lol never seen it done like that is all, good luck time trialing

16. Ryan F

Ryan F

I am in for the Race of Champions. I will also vote for mazda at mazda.

Mirado_7, chatva, KTR5 and 1 other person like this.
  17. llNovall

llNovall

I would like to race, but will be out of town for the weekend. Good luck to all who attend.

KTR5 likes this.
  18. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

I like your style...organized...I can pretty much guarantee he will know where to find the combos each week!

19. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

One less fish slap makes the world a better place :gtpflag:

20. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

@jaybocc2 - You're the 1st alternate. Can you attend the RoC? See this post for details.

21. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

** Error

Nail-27 likes this.
  22. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Actually @TEX36, it doesn't go the next in line from the same division. It goes to the next in line of alternates, which is @jaybocc2.

Oops as well.

Nail-27 and aliengamer25 like this.
  23. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

S.N.A.I.L. at the GTPLanet 24 Heures du Mans Update:

I have opened a private conversation with all the drivers who have shown interest in racing. If I have missed you, please let me know by quoting this post and I'll add you asap. As of now we have enough drivers for our allotted team, plus 1 reserve team. If we get one more person to join then we can add a second reserve team. We're also looking for team managers if anyone is interested in that.

Jakedog23 and Pichon617 like this.
  24. McTrucker

McTrucker

No it was not that time. Or with you.

But, it looks like we get to go back and do Silverstone and battle again. :)

Sharkb8ii likes this.
  25. RodeRuner1967

RodeRuner1967

I'm new to all of this. Can someone explain to me what I'm supposed to do? My name is in this. :)
    Thanks,
    Tyson

KTR5 likes this.
  26. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Thanks for posting, I wasn't sure what your GTP ID was. You're the 3rd alternate, which is actually the 2nd now, because one of the finalists can not attend. Just let me know if you can attend if 2 more spots open up. Until then, you don't need to do anything.

RodeRuner1967 likes this.
  27. McTrucker

McTrucker

Where is a good place to see track layouts with corner numbers?

28. aerolite

aerolite

I'm

29. RodeRuner1967

RodeRuner1967

I'll join if there is a spot open. :)

KTR5 likes this.
  30. aerolite

aerolite

Sorry, hit wrong button.
    Yes I would like to race and my vote is for Cooper at BH.
    I'm away on business this week but due home at 6pm Friday. If by some chance my flight gets delayed shall I send message ASAP?

KTR5 likes this.