◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,785 comments
Last night was my first night racing with a manual transmission and it was good. Using a manuel helped my regain control and saved my bacon a few times. It was a good night.

Last week's "Cars and Coffee" I had an eye on a few prospects - limited highlights, I promise!

In the 'satellite lot' before the main crowd... Not popular enough?

CtBhfzz.jpg

A couple of older models... There were about half a dozen old Vettes...

hY96Pln.jpg

And newer models as well...

epp4vnp.jpg

Mix of new and old

NFtnoQm.jpg

lY18yiR.jpg

L7okwJm.jpg

nFpTsFE.jpg

I liked these, but a little out of my price range...

bbe2l3G.jpg

CeU4vpR.jpg

9Yv8ePA.jpg

This one is a possibility...

qQxoDWL.jpg

This is a Lambo (Badge-wise), but I don't recognize it (I have a close up of the model name somewhere - Carrozinni or something)

jgaJaCJ.jpg

Three or four of these guys showed up at the same time...

O1Atoqu.jpg

A fair amount of bikes. There were a couple of areas like the one below, and some vintage bikes.

jivxYlQ.jpg

D5 Replays are UP!

I believe so Coach. You got 2nd place and you were doing a good job holding off me, hog and nail to stay in 2nd.
Coach you were not the problem it was the other 2 guys snapping at your heels slowing you all down as Racer who initially was just just ahead of you...said thanks you'all...and vanished into the sunset. I remember catching you all up and thinking...I can do this...then sitting on your tail congratulating myself on a fine 3d.....oops make that 5th :crazy:. He who hesitates gets passed.

Just wondering if there was any racing going on tonight? The wife may or may not have to work late but if she does I was just checking to see if anything was going on.

Yeah, the orange one was a T-Rex (I have other pics), and there is a Morgan 3 wheeler near the end. I would like to try a Morgan sometime. I like the idea, I just want to try it!

After a self-induced frustrating night, and first night jitters, I just watched the races again and saw the race that will bring me back! @nmcp1 demonstrated the epitome of racecraft with me. It was like he had just read the Good Racecraft Document, then raced.
It was the second race of the night immediately starting lap 3. 2 times we approached the bus stop and both times he refrained from forcing a, could be, incident. It is this kind of racecraft I hope to demonstrate as well as he did. It was a nerve racking race for three laps!!!. What fun!
Now if only I can use the correct tire settings for all six races! :embarrassed:

Thank you nmcp1. What a race!

Just wondering if there was any racing going on tonight? The wife may or may not have to work late but if she does I was just checking to see if anything was going on.

How about if we take the BMW Motorsport around Spa for some serious speed?

gt6bmwm3-1.jpg

Planning to run the following cars around Spa @ 9:30 start time.

M3 GT(BMW Motosport) '11 PP 575
Recycler Cars:
Megane Trophy Base Model '11 PP 518
BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 PP 518
RX-7 TC PP 577
GT-R Nismo GT3 Base Model '13 617

Open Lobby unless I get 6 or 7 Snails to sign up.
1472 6681 3286 8592 3054

Last edited:

gt6bmwm3-1.jpg

Recycler Cars:
RX-7 TC PP 577

I'm game.

gt6bmwm3-1.jpg

Recycler Cars:
RX-7 TC PP 577

1472 6681 3286 8592 3054

RJN GTR GT3 purrrrhaps? lol need to wind down my mind before trying to best my time again. I'm in I think.

gt6bmwm3-1.jpg

Recycler Cars:
RX-7 TC PP 577

1472 6681 3286 8592 3054
This reminds me.
@zer05ive with your permission I was thinking of starting a Wednesday night series under the SNAIL banner running old combos. I have not hashed out the details yet, but if I see enough interest I would like to take on the task of organizing it all. We would run the same format as Sunday nights. Very informal, just for fun. Maybe call it throwback Wednesdays, or something like that.

This reminds me.
@zer05ive with your permission I was thinking of starting a Wednesday night series under the SNAIL banner running old combos. I have not hashed out the details yet, but if I see enough interest I would like to take on the task of organizing it all. We would run the same format as Sunday nights. Very informal, just for fun. Maybe call it throwback Wednesdays, or something like that.

Wayback Wednesday.

This reminds me.
Let me know if your really going to pursue this. I had just reached out to Zer05ive and JLBowler the other day about starting up a snail series on Wed nights and am in the middle of testing out concept. No since in doing it if your going to run with this as I dont want to have conflicting events. Let me know.

Let me know if your really going to pursue this. I had just reached out to Zer05ive and JLBowler the other day about starting up a snail series on Wed nights and am in the middle of testing out concept. No since in doing it if your going to run with this as I dont want to have conflicting events. Let me know.
I'm only going to do it if I see enough interest. Whatever the case is, it sounds like you have first dibs on Wednesday night. I can pick another night 👍

@KTR5 did an excellent job of defending, my lines weren't great but after being behind you for laps 3 and 4, I knew that checking up through Abbey would give me more speed through Farm into Village and I could get past.

@racingchamp30 and @Nail-27 were on my tail the entire time and I wasn't content with 3rd. So I said fit and went for it, KTR5 was slightly faster on L5 than in previous laps so my plan to overtake in Farm was pushed back into Village where I ran out of talent and locked em up, sliding out the back of Village. 3rd to 2nd to 5th :dunce: better luck next time.

I was still frustrated about blowing the Busstop on the final lap and giving you the win in the previous race.

Last edited:
Back