◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
I have a suggestion to streamline the choosing of combos. Problem is that I am not a tech savvy guy and is unable to take it to the next step.
Problem:
1. The current car/track combo spreadsheet is not completely up to date with the new cars and tracks
2. It is a little cumbersome to review the information and to confirm that you choose something that was not raced a “couple” of weeks ago.
3. The prize winner doesn’t always give the correct in-game description (he might not be home for a couple of days, so he can’t look it up…or something like that)
4. Only the full list of cars is listed in GT6 online, but not the tracks. The track variations (weather, reverse, year…etc.) are missing.
Proposal:
1. Create a spreadsheet / database that contains:
a. A complete list of cars with the correct in-game descriptions.
b. A complete list of tracks and variations with the correct in-game description.
c. A Race Database with Date, Car (in-game description), Track (in-game variation description). Create a calculated field that take today’s date and compare it with the race date and calculate the weeks since last use.
2. Create pivot tables to list cars by last used date, most popular cars, never used cars, etc. (this feature exists partially in the current database too).
3. Same as above for the tracks.
4. The difficult part where the tech savvy person comes in is:
a. Create a form where Prize Winner A can use dropdown boxes to select a car and a track. When he clicks the dropdown box the information will be the correct in-game name, as well as the amount of weeks since this car or track was used before.
b. Prize Winner B and C gets one dropdown box each to choose the car or the track.
c. Information from the dropdown boxes goes into the database and the race database is updated with the latest information.
Benefits:
1. In this way, the Prize Winners will have a quick way to verify if their favorite cars/tracks will provide variation from the past few weeks.
2. Correct in-game descriptions are always given, so there should not be any questions about the cars or the tracks
3. A feature could be added to hide the cars over the price limit (or hundreds of duplications such as Miatas, S2000’s, NXS’s, etc.) or tracks with issues (e.g. Panorama Mountain…)
4. If you want to be really crazy and take it to the next level you can add the Cr, PP and Street/Race Car status in the database and create an algorithm to choose the correct tyres….
Issue:
Will somebody be willing to create (or modify existing) database and maintain it? (You may do it as a school project and get credits for it…? J)

Practice Room

1472 6118 4130 9223 9756

st and only quali run starts at 9:40

All others reverse grid

3 in ....come on and get some...

Last edited:
JL has answered your question but I will try to provide some more details about the West Coast Division later tonight. I have been busy/away have not had the time to keep things going as I would like. We need people to help volunteer time and energy in order to keep the West Coast division running.

Attention West Coast Racers

We really need to get an accurate count on who is going to actually run in the division. With that in mind anyone that is on the West Coast and is going to actually race can you please send me a PM. If you do not PM me and have not raced since April I will remove you from the list so we have a more accurate list.

Thanks

Joby

Let me be the first to say I'm racing in the WC division 👍

Don't get me wrong by what I posted as I like the WC division a lot. It has some fun driver's in it. I would like to race against more than the just the two guys I have raced with in the last two weekends lol. Those two have been fun. :)

Thank you :)

Let me be the first to say I'm racing in the WC division 👍

Don't get me wrong by what I posted as I like the WC division a lot. It has some fun driver's in it. I would like to race against more than the just the two guys I have raced with in the last two weekends lol. Those two have been fun. :)

Thank you :)
I will join, just that GT Academy is kinda in the way these days.

Division 6 Data Summary
June 8, 2014

Week 1

@Rockhound18 narrowly takes the win on the opening night of the June season!

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Race Results & Data

Top 5 Scores
1st - @Rockhound18 - 78 points - Gold - 1 | Bronze - 2
2nd - @TMoMoney - 77 points - Gold - 1 | Silver - 2
3rd - @racingchamp30 - 74 points - Gold - 1 | Bronze - 2
4th - @hognhominy - 73 points - Silver - 1
5th - @KTR5 - 70 points - Gold - 1 | Silver - 1

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @Azure Flare - 2:03.606
Round 2 : @Azure Flare - 2:16.187
Round 3 : @Azure Flare - 1:29.288

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @racingchamp30 [gap to 2nd = 0.763]
Round 1 Race 2 : @KTR5 [gap to 2nd = 0.087]

Round 2 Race 1 : @Azure Flare [gap to 2nd = 10.572]
Round 2 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 [gap to 2nd = 0.789]

Round 3 Race 1 : @TMoMoney [gap to 2nd = 2.643]
Round 3 Race 2 : @Piler [gap to 2nd = 2.183]

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @hognhominy 2:01.660
Round 1 Race 2 : @Jakedog23 - 2:02.587

Round 2 Race 1 : @Azure Flare - 2:16.575
Round 2 Race 2 : @Azure Flare - 2:16.292

Round 3 Race 1 : @racingchamp30 - 1:29.123
Round 3 Race 2 : @hognhominy - 1:29.212

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:30.644 (@KTR5)
Round 2: 11:31.115 (@Azure Flare)
Round 3: 12:05.266 (@TMoMoney)

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 3, Race 2: 1:18.242

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 0.087

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

Closest finish of the night:
@KTR5 by 0.087 over @hognhominy

Daytona Road Course.jpg

The viper was one of my favorite combos since I've been in snail... Seems I always like the ones that everyone hates haha.
I too enjoyed that combo, it was a good challenge in car control.
On another subject though I'd like to ask. I was moved to another division a couple of weeks ago and noticed my cars are painted quite similar to another drivers who has been in that division longer than me. Should I automatically change my colors or just ask the other driver how he feels?
Any opinions out there? Thanks

Division 6 Data Summary
June 8, 2014

Week 1

@Rockhound18 narrowly takes the win on the opening night of the June season!

View attachment 169203

Race Results & Data

Top 5 Scores
1st - @Rockhound18 - 78 points - Gold - 1 | Bronze - 2
2nd - @TMoMoney - 77 points - Gold - 1 | Silver - 2
3rd - @racingchamp30 - 74 points - Gold - 1 | Bronze - 2
4th - @hognhominy - 73 points - Silver - 1
5th - @KTR5 - 70 points - Gold - 1 | Silver - 1

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @Azure Flare - 2:03.606
Round 2 : @Azure Flare - 2:16.187
Round 3 : @Azure Flare - 1:29.288

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @racingchamp30 [gap to 2nd = 0.763]
Round 1 Race 2 : @KTR5 [gap to 2nd = 0.087]

Round 2 Race 1 : @Azure Flare [gap to 2nd = 10.572]
Round 2 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 [gap to 2nd = 0.789]

Round 3 Race 1 : @TMoMoney [gap to 2nd = 2.643]
Round 3 Race 2 : @Piler [gap to 2nd = 2.183]

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @hognhominy 2:01.660
Round 1 Race 2 : @Jakedog23 - 2:02.587

Round 2 Race 1 : @Azure Flare - 2:16.575
Round 2 Race 2 : @Azure Flare - 2:16.292

Round 3 Race 1 : @racingchamp30 - 1:29.123
Round 3 Race 2 : @hognhominy - 1:29.212

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:30.644 (@KTR5)
Round 2: 11:31.115 (@Azure Flare)
Round 3: 12:05.266 (@TMoMoney)

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 3, Race 2: 1:18.242

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 0.087

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

Closest finish of the night:
@KTR5 by 0.087 over @hognhominy

View attachment 169204

Thank you for posting information Coach.

I will join, just that GT Academy is kinda in the way these days.
Yea GT Academy time always hits the attendance. People with delusions of grandeaur;)

Good time! I figure 15.3-4 should be the final cutoff for the us top 50. I seem to rember that last year after the ineligible people were removed that someone around number 50 made it

I am still thinking that 15.3-4 will be the cut off. I suggest you find another .1 or .2 to ensure you are safe. Should be easy for you;)

I look forward to seeing you compete in England. And all the other SNAILs that make it:cheers:

Yea GT Academy time always hits the attendance. People with delusions of grandeaur;)

I am still thinking that 15.3-4 will be the cut off. I suggest you find another .1 or .2 to ensure you are safe. Should be easy for you;)

I look forward to seeing you compete in England. And all the other SNAILs that make it:cheers:

I found it as of this afternoon, just need to put it down for real. Threw it away at the final chicane. I can now say that a mid .3 would definitely be safe, .4 would be a bit on the line. At least I'm at the lower end of the .4 atm, so trying a bit more.

I am learning on the go from the faster guys and discovering new lines and car attitude as I practice everyday, nothing is easy, I am no where near as talented as the top half dozen in D1, everything I do is hard, solid effort. Took me a week to get close to what @Adventuruss did last Monday.

I found it as of this afternoon, just need to put it down for real. Threw it away at the final chicane. I can now say that a mid .3 would definitely be safe, .4 would be a bit on the line. At least I'm at the lower end of the .4 atm, so trying a bit more.

I am learning on the go from the faster guys and discovering new lines and car attitude as I practice everyday, nothing is easy, I am no where near as talented as the top half dozen in D1, everything I do is hard, solid effort. Took me a week to get close to what @Adventuruss did last Monday.
Well I think you are doing great. Make SNAIL (and your former division_ Proud). And remember in the real world all bets are off. Assuming you fitness is good I think you have a great chance.

@joe_diben, thanks for understanding. Please give @GGGMotorsport a day or two to formulate his format and gauge interest on the thread. He did in fact ask for permission to run a new Wednesday night series and I said yes. If his idea doesn't take hold, then you got next. Or, as you mentioned, you can pick another available night. 👍

@zer05ive - You have mail! Once you approve, I'm ready to make the announcement.

Hey guys, haven't been too active lately as I am listed as part time in my div. I don't know how much I'll be racing with SNAIL this summer. It's my senior summer, and I'll be off to college come August. I've been real busy lately.

Just figured I'd update a bit; I miss racing with you guys.

Hello, this is LLOYDZ_ELITE69. This sounds interesting and I would like to join this club.

@LLOYDZELITE69

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I too enjoyed that combo, it was a good challenge in car control.
On another subject though I'd like to ask. I was moved to another division a couple of weeks ago and noticed my cars are painted quite similar to another drivers who has been in that division longer than me. Should I automatically change my colors or just ask the other driver how he feels?
Any opinions out there? Thanks

It usually goes on how many races the other driver has, kind of like who has seniority if you will. Sometimes the shades tend to run into each other but have totally different names. I would discuss it with him and check these things out and if both of you comes to agreement and the colors arent an issue good, but if not then whoever has been active in snail and had the most races under the belt keeps theirs, the lesser exprienced persay should just change the colors. Same goes with car numbers in divisions.

There :) done everything! What times did people get on their Time trial?
Generally time trials are not discussed in the thread. It could lead to people faking their times. Yor division placement will let you know roughly where you belong

Division 1 Data Summary
June 8, 2014​

Driver Lineup
fizzer82 (@fizzer)
Intense420break (@IN10S420break)
martin20az (@martin20az)
MM-leadfoot (@leadfootedbud)
msgt-sd (@msgt-sd)
Neovre (@Neovre)
Nic-KL (@Nicktune)
PTslopoke (@ptslopoke)

Podium
1st: martin20az – 88 pts
2nd: PTslopoke – 86 pts
3rd: fizzer82 – 80 pts

Pole Lap Honors
Round 1: msgt-sd – 2:00.743
Round 2: msgt-sd – 2:12.914
Round 3: martin20az – 1:26.8XX

Race Winners – Total Time (D1 median Total Time, D1 mean Total Time)
Round 1 Race 1: martin20az – 10:11.973 (10:17.345, 10:25.256)
Round 1 Race 2: PTslopoke – 10:18.203 (10:21.507, 10:28.441)
Round 2 Race 1: martin20az – 11:16.272 (11:22.967, 11:23.054)
Round 2 Race 2: martin20az – 11:21.030 (11:23.984, 11:23.906)
Round 3 Race 1: fizzer82 – 11:48.752 (11:59.669, 12:09.408)
Round 3 Race 2: Intense420break – 11:46.823 (11:58.323, 12:01.407)

Fast Lap Honors – Fast Lap (D1 median Fast Lap, D1 mean Fast Lap)
Round 1 Race 1: martin20az – 2:00.488 (2:00.948, 2:00.999)
Round 1 Race 2: MM-leadfoot – 2:01.232 (2:01.338, 2:01.846)
Round 2 Race 1: martin20az – 2:12.837 (2:14.176, 2:14.168)
Round 2 Race 2: martin20az – 2:13.580 (2:14.400, 2:14.362)
Round 3 Race 1: martin20az – 1:26.469 (1:27.445, 1:27.336)
Round 3 Race 2: fizzer82 – 1:26.724 (1:27.030, 1:27.054)

D1 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 6/8/14.

I thought others might like to know how they compare to the average driver in this division time-wise, so I included median and mean data as well.

Thanks to @nmcp1, @Dragonwhisky, and @KTR5 for ideas for the data summary.

Back