◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,777 comments
Attention D1

If @dgaf95integra is busy tonight securing a spot in the GTA finals (and I'm lucky enough to be feeling safe), I can host. No friends request necessary, but if I host, having a score keeper with laptop and Internet connection will be preferable.

If someone else could host who has a good connection (and is preferable centrally located in the US for least lag), that would work too and I can handle score.

chatva said

I'm gonna pick an 80's car and an 80's track!
Stand by to Stand by!
The car is a Ferrari GTO '84 F430 '06
The track is Autodromo Nazionale
Monza '80's

like I say no mention of it on the main page. If I am expected to read every post on here to get the info I need to race, I would have to bow out. 75% of the stuff posted has nothing to do with weekend racing.

I agree it should be noted on the main page, but all you have to do is click the link of the track name and it sends you to the combo announcement post where it is spelled out.

Keep in mind that due to GTP's software, editing a big post like that is a royal pain, so it won't always be perfect. If you ever have a question, feel free to ask in this thread and it will get answered quickly.

It is most likely an error when editing the post as fizzer mentioned. The link goes to the post that selected it and it says the '80s version. It was also mentioned in a post or quoted 16 times since the selection was made. It wasn't hard to find a mention of it as it only took me about three minutes to count up how many times it was mentioned or quoted.

While nobody is expected to read every post that is made here, it wouldn't kill anyone to at least skim the thread to stay up to date with what is going on. It may cut into your precious practice time but three minutes to click a link or skim a few pages isn't going to kill you. When you get down to zero practice time and are completely up to date with this thread, I might have a little sympathy for someone practicing the wrong track. At least you go some practice.

SNAILSPECRACINGlightfromtheleft (1).jpg

• Round 1 - 5 Race Laps and 8 minute qualifying session with the Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 on Sport Medium tires at Daytona Road Course.
  • Round 2 - 6 Race Laps and 6 minute qualifying session with the Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 on Sport Medium tires at Cape Ring Periphery.
  • Round 3 - 6 Race Laps and 6 minute qualifying session with the Ferrari F430 '06 on Sport Soft tires at Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s

Will that do?

It is most likely an error when editing the post as fizzer mentioned. The link goes to the post that selected it and it says the '80s version. It was also mentioned in a post or quoted 16 times since the selection was made. It wasn't hard to find a mention of it as it only took me about three minutes to count up how many times it was mentioned or quoted.

While nobody is expected to read every post that is made here, it wouldn't kill anyone to at least skim the thread to stay up to date with what is going on. It may cut into your precious practice time but three minutes to click a link or skim a few pages isn't going to kill you. When you get down to zero practice time and are completely up to date with this thread, I might have a little sympathy for someone practicing the wrong track. At least you go some practice.

I do try to keep up with the posts but there is so many each week that have nothing to do with Sunday racing. I always just check the main page for the info needed. I'm just blowing smoke because the very little time I had to pracTice this week was spent on the wrong track. I'll live. Lol

• Round 1 - 5 Race Laps and 8 minute qualifying session with the Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 on Sport Medium tires at Daytona Road Course.
  • Round 2 - 6 Race Laps and 6 minute qualifying session with the Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 on Sport Medium tires at Cape Ring Periphery.
  • Round 3 - 6 Race Laps and 6 minute qualifying session with the Ferrari F430 '06 on Sport Soft tires at Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s

Will that do?
That's fantastic. Sorry to be a pain in the butt guys. I'm over it. Excellent combo by the way. Tonight should be
fun for those involved.

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Jun 08 2014
Penalty Rate 100%
Banner by dabneyd

Below are the results of the 2 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 3 - 1 incident on file
Drrgreenthumb67
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for on-track concession. 1 week probation
Division 7 - 1 incident on file
tevesh2
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points. 2 weeks probation

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Hello, @TEX-36 has told me about your league and i am interested in joining.

@Dylan Cureton

You most certainly can join! Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Getting home, I will fire up D5 a little after 9:10 pm. If you do not have me, @cmbeal317 and @Mirado_7 on your Friends list, send me the invite before then, and log into PSN and fire up GT6 after I announce the room is open - if you have sent a PSN Friend request for me to accept.

Otherwise, see you next week.

one more time in case it got buried...

Attention all D6 drivers
I will be hosting tonight. The room will run friends only. If you have not already done so, please ensure you have sent a friend request to Joe_DiBen. If you think you had me on your list in the past please double check to make sure as I periodically do a cleanup of my friends list to make room for other drivers when I change divisions. If you have not added me as a friend in the past couple weeks double check. You have until 9:00 pm EST. Thanks in advance.

Here we see the Ferrari Daytona attempting to attract a mate. The typical mating ritual is jumping as high as it can.

However it would unfortunately later lose to the Mach 5, due to it being able to jump all day and all night long, and then all day again.

I have to agree a bit with Ryan. I haven't checked the thread very often lately and I had a few minutes last night to run a few laps...so where do we always go to know about the new combos or risk a fish slap? That's right...the first page.

So I ran a few laps at Monza Nazionale in my shiny new 430. To no avail apparently.

The official main page should at least be right...my phone is not very good at links etcetera. I mean that is the "official" page linked for all things Snail.

I won't be able to make it tonight since I'm trying to get home while I'm on the other side of town. Just to inform everyone :) have good racing tonight!

I would like to join in on this racing league.

@KalvinWilliam

You most certainly can join! Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Will that do?
Thanks! Lineup post updated. Good luck everyone!

Back