◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
Look at the sexy blue cobra!!!! Man that thing is HAWT!!!
7256544038_87bd4a3006_b.jpg

It's not a bad idea, but it would have to be tested to make sure there wouldn't be any penalty or ghosting issues created by using the extra parts of the tracks.

It's clean, I've already done it months ago. In MLD & MLR we use those parts of the tracks for various reasons, there is no ghosting or penalty issues for using those parts of the track. The normal ghosting and normal penalties do apply.

That was fun. Racing those GT500 cars was great, and having so many to choose from made it even better. I had such a good time I really wished I hadn't missed the first hour, and would have happily raced for another after you were done!

7256544038_87bd4a3006_b.jpg

hangin' out at the bar

At first I thought "hangin' out at the bar" was in reference to how the cars were lined up (as if lined up at a bar).. I finally notice the "bar / restaurant" sign about the fifth time I was drooling over that shot.. I literally lol'd when I saw the sign. :lol:

SNAILs having a cold one for Mr. Shelby! :cheers:

Well. I guess technically Shelby did have a hand in the AC 427. But it's British. So as far as I'm concerned it doesn't count. ;) …especially when the American version is also in the game.

*UPDATE ON TONIGHT'S FORMAT / INTEREST CHECK ON FRIENDLY CHALLENGE*

I spoke with our Wednesday night director and host (tcrash15), and we decided to mix things up tonight. Because we won't have official league races again until June 3rd, we don't want the current lineup to get stale before we even reach that date. Therefore, we'll be using the cars and tracks from the current lineup only for the first hour tonight, which means only one race per round instead of the usual two. The second hour will follow this format:
  1. Winner of the previous race picks the track or a car off of the recommended list
  2. Second place of the previous race picks whichever option the winner does not pick (car or track)
  3. Repeat this until the second hour of racing concludes
This will also make it possible for us to have true spec (one-make) races with "pubbers" in the Open Lobby. We will likely be following this same format next week as well. However, I would like to know if any SNAILs would be interested in competing against this team in a friendly challenge next Wednesday night (May 30th). Our Round 3 combo meets their 500PP - 600PP requirement so if we have at least four SNAILs interested in this, I'll reply to their post to work out the details. This is what I would propose to them if we have enough interest:

Ferrari F430 '06 (Racing Hard tires)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (number of laps set to equal about a 1-hour endurance race)

Please post a reply on this thread if you are interested.

Last edited:
Sure Zero, i'll give it a go :) Anyone want to be my team-mate(s).

Do we know car/track combo they/we would end up picking or not yet.
Is their a limit to the amount of people, i see he has atleast 4.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, this sounds intimidating, and mabye I should leave it up to D1, but I would like to participate.

Ok, my F1 night fizzled, what about this, a one on one competition of F1's. One three lap race every week between the participants, until there's 2 left, ( Joe and DrKronin, lol) then a championship match. Only one race per week per person, could go in any D lounge available, would take 5 minutes, wouldn't interfere with any other event, non tuned racing softs, depending how many want to compete would dictate how long this would continue, probably just a couple of weeks. Anybody interested in spending five minutes a week?

Sure Zero, i'll give it a go :) Anyone want to be my team-mate(s).

Do we know car/track combo they/we would end up picking or not yet.
Is their a limit to the amount of people, i see he has atleast 4.

I'm interested too.

I'm not gonna lie, this sounds intimidating, and mabye I should leave it up to D1, but I would like to participate.

I'm down as well. However, if a limit is exceeded I will digress to a faster driver.

I'm interested Zer0. Let's see how they race.

Wow, it didn't take long to find at least four drivers interested! :)

I'll post on their thread to let them know we'd like to participate in a friendly challenge. If anyone else is interested, please post here and I'll add you to the list. 👍

I think it would be awesome to go up against another group, even if it's just a friendly race. All I would need is about 48 hours notice before the race. That should be enough time to convince my better half to find something else to do during the race.

Ok, my F1 night fizzled, what about this, a one on one competition of F1's. One three lap race every week between the participants, until there's 2 left, ( Joe and DrKronin, lol) then a championship match. Only one race per week per person, could go in any D lounge available, would take 5 minutes, wouldn't interfere with any other event, non tuned racing softs, depending how many want to compete would dictate how long this would continue, probably just a couple of weeks. Anybody interested in spending five minutes a week?

F1 night fizzled? I think not. Maybe we can pick a night or time that is open.

Edit: How about Saturday mornings 8am. You get up early Sunday's to watch F1, so why not get up early Saturday to race them?

F1 night fizzled? I think not. Maybe we can pick a night or time that is open.

Edit: How about Saturday mornings 8am. You get up early Sunday's to watch F1, so why not get up early Saturday to race them?

Bro, I'm up till 2 am est every night playing, any night between 10pm and 2am would work great for me, but 8am, I just couldn't do that. Honestly, I'll do either race with lots of people or one on one, but I really like the sound of one on one, just my opinion, then if you get run over, there's only one person to blame, who has to wait, and thus you don't lose your spot, the best person will win.

Maybe we can add it to the end of another event. Run 2 or 3 races of 7 laps each. My head hurts and I have to go fix my brake pedal.

Maybe we can add it to the end of another event. Run 2 or 3 races of 7 laps each. My head hurts and I have to go fix my brake pedal.

Yea sure, whatever works. Hopefully there will be some interest other than us two, lol, make for a quick season, but then again, I'd be second place:idea:

zer0, I'd be down for the challenge. But put me as a reserve. If there's enough spots for a bunch of us, cool. If not no worries.

Glenn, I forgot to reply to your F1 post, sorry about that. I'm interested.

zer0, I'd be down for the challenge. But put me as a reserve. If there's enough spots for a bunch of us, cool. If not no worries.

Glenn, I forgot to reply to your F1 post, sorry about that. I'm interested.

Cool, did you do the time trial at Cote? Aww sh:censored:t there goes second place.

I have a feeling the F430 at Spa will be run about as long as the Silvia at Nurb GP. It really is a blast, and I'm glad I'm finally getting a chance to learn that track.

I won't be able to do a test of my connection this Sunday, as I'm visiting family. I did change a few other settings and hopefully it's just what I need to stay connected.

GlennGolfer1
Bro, I'm up till 2 am est every night playing, any night between 10pm and 2am would work great for me, but 8am, I just couldn't do that. Honestly, I'll do either race with lots of people or one on one, but I really like the sound of one on one, just my opinion, then if you get run over, there's only one person to blame, who has to wait, and thus you don't lose your spot, the best person will win.

My biggest obstacle is I am an "old" guy and busy with family life/kids, etc. on EST is not starting until 10 pm. Getting up at 5:30 is not helping. :-(

I grew up in the PST, so I do understand, but there are probably 2 or 3 events a week I "think I could'a" but for starting so late... No can do. I really wish I could.

I do understand, it is *my* problem. SNAIL is enough quality (and then some) that I wish I could be a bigger or better part of it.

And no, I would not besmirch SNAILs by competing or taking a spot of another. I am only a trainee SNAIL.

Back