Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

I created an online lobby to see what needed to be done in order for me to enter with my cars from the garage with tuning prohibited on. I did it with the mini cooper, the new VW concept car, the new lexus car, the tesla model s 15th anniversary. I went to suspension setting, clicked on it to set to default then was able to enter the track with no problem.

2. Cats_PJs

Cats_PJs Premium

I would like to sign up for this, I've been getting really sick of looking for a good room in the lobby. Sunday night is a good fit for my schedule, the eastern slot. Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks.

Handlebar, zer05ive and KTR5 like this.
  3. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Cats_PJs

You most certainly can join! Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive and Cats_PJs like this.
  4. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Welcome .... PJs ... someone will be along soon to give you the "necessaries". Read and Follow Instructions - simple as that. Look forward to seeing your PJs on a track ever so often.

Well, that was quick.

JCsSoldier, nmcp1 and Cats_PJs like this.
  5. Cats_PJs

Cats_PJs Premium

Thanks @nmcp1 for the incredibly fast reply. I will submit asap, hopefully in time for Sundays race.

JCsSoldier and nmcp1 like this.
  6. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

Just to
    Keep in mind there are two "reset to defaults" within the suspension portion with one under each column (just below Toe Angle and the other under the Brake Balance). You need to do the one under the Toe Angle Settings (Left column). You also dont need to do it for every car and all newly purchased cars (since 1.09) should not need it.

7. Wardenclyffe

Wardenclyffe Premium

One of the racers in the series you ran last night, brntguy, reported that he still had to "reset to default" after he exited to buy a brand new Subie last night (you may recall he couldn't get his "original" Subie in despite resetting everything to default a few times; when he left he bought a new one).

Perhaps it only applies to dealership vehicles that come with adjustable suspension settings stock (e.g., race cars) or perhaps his experience was a random anomaly.

Jakedog23 likes this.
  8. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks for making your prize selections! The June 22nd lineup has been posted!

Please let me know if you see any errors or typos etc. Also, if someone could please provide the name of the Impreza TC exactly as it's listed in the game, that would be great (along with it's post-oil change PP and HP) :D

9. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Are the "Touring Cars" considered race cars or street?

10. Wardenclyffe

Wardenclyffe Premium

It depends on what you mean by "Touring Cars"; many manufacturers use that term for their GT-esque cars though I'm not sure any of those are in the game. The "Touring Cars" that are spec'd for a race series (the DTMs, the one-off 3-series Beamer, and at least one other that escapes me now) are most definitely race cars.

11. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Exact name is: Subaru IMPREZA Touring Car - PP 565 / HP 477 / Race Hard Tires

Thanks to @GGGMotorsport for these details as this is the exact car we are currently racing in his Wednesday night series.

12. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

I dont think he used the "reset to default" the column under the "Toe Angle". I'll talk to him tonight though to confirm

13. GTP_Vertigo

GTP_Vertigo

Preparing for Sunday night. I am going to be doing my time trial here in a couple hours once I get home. After looking through the OP. I noticed this weeks line up. Just a quick question. Shouldnt the Subaru Impreza touring car be on racing tires?

14. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

@KTR5 reported it should. @zer05ive will get post 2 updated as soon as he can.

KTR5 likes this.
  15. GTP_Vertigo

GTP_Vertigo

Thank you. This thread moves so quick its hard to keep track.

Jakedog23 likes this.
  16. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

For the Ferrari F430 '06 on the 1st page, the HP is listed at 384 HP but after doing oil change, the HP on mine reads as 519 HP. The PP number at 548 PP is correct though.

KTR5 likes this.
  17. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

You think that was quick? Wait till you see @nmcp1 on track!

18. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

I like tha Fuji-Fuji
    I like tha Fuji-Fuji
    I like tha Fuji-Fuji
    You like tha... FUJIIIIIIII

[​IMG]

19. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The spirit and intent of SNAIL is to have the driver be the only difference on race night. If this is what you're after then you won't adjust the torque split (or brake balance for that matter). If you want to find out who the better driver is, don't change a thing on the car. If you feel that you need some sort of advantage because you may not be as talented as someone around you, the game will not keep you from entering the room with the torque split adjusted.

On brake balance and torque split, the only thing stopping you from adjusting it is the amount of integrity you have and how much you respect the spirit of SNAIL.

20. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

FYI

Subaru IMPREZA Touring Car
    477 hp / 565 PP (RH Tires)

Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09
    858 hp / 659 PP (RM Tires)

@zer05ive

Is this the highest PP Total or HP Total we have run in one night, I wonder?

aliengamer25 and KTR5 like this.
  21. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

Anyone willing to host the Red Room tonight?

22. RealDeal

RealDeal

23. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Maybe we only need 2 rooms. Last week the RED room combined into the YELLOW.

24. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

Sorry, cause im new here. What do you guys mean by red room and yellow room.. Etc.

25. aerolite

aerolite

Upper and lower divisions split into two rooms, red and blue, for practice on Thursday nights.yellow is to practice race craft. Follows Sunday night program.

LLOYDZELITE69 likes this.
  26. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Right on. Typically, Division 1-4 are in the BLUE room. Division 5-7 are in the RED room and the YELLOW room is supposed to be a little more laid back and focus on race craft and pack racing. The YELLOW room will have a caution about halfway through each race to pack back up.

LLOYDZELITE69 likes this.
  27. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

Handlebar likes this.
  28. Adventuruss

Adventuruss

Red room for me then.

KTR5 and Piler like this.
  29. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Yeah....

#notsomuch
    #GTAcademyRankWas

For those in the know...

#RussHasASenseOfHumor

(On the flip side, @Adventuruss IS able to 'dial it down' and race for fun with any SNAIL, imho)

30. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks guys! The lineup post has been updated. :tup:

Sorry guys, the street tires were from last week's Mustang Cobra. It was an editing oversight. :ouch: