◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Here are a couple pictures for @Troggy to use for banners.

.018 difference between @chatva and @KTR5. If this had been Sunday night, I might have put a little block on you :) But it wasn't so it was fun to race to the finish.

Daytona Road Course.jpg

Throwing a smoke screen for whoever is behind me.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s.jpg

Division 6 Data Summary
June 15, 2014
Week 2
Season Scores (through 2 races)
1st - @KTR5 - 156
2nd - @hognhominy - 154
3rd - @racingchamp30 - 147
4th - @euclid58 - 146
5th - @Azure Flare - 128
5th - @Nail-27 - 128

Race Results & Data

Top 5 Scores
1st - @euclid58 - 89 points - Gold - 2 | Silver - 1 | Bronze - 1
2nd - @KTR5 - 86 points - Gold - 4 (if you ain't first, you're last?)
3rd - @hognhominy - 81 points - Silver - 1 | Bronze - 2
4th - @joe_diben - 74 points - Silver - 1 | Bronze - 1
5th - @racingchamp30 - 73 points - Silver - 2

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @euclid58 - 2:02.769
Round 2 : @euclid58 - 1:43.259
Round 3 : @euclid58 - 1:51.547

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @euclid58 [gap to 2nd = 2.611]
Round 1 Race 2 : @KTR5 [gap to 2nd = 1.478]

Round 2 Race 1 : @euclid58 [gap to 2nd = 10.824]
Round 2 Race 2 : @KTR5 [gap to 2nd = 5.514]

Round 3 Race 1 : @KTR5 [gap to 2nd = 7.115]
Round 3 Race 2 : @KTR5 [gap to 2nd = 9.783]

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @hognhominy 2:02.007
Round 1 Race 2 : @euclid58 - 2:02.912

Round 2 Race 1 : @euclid58 - 1:43.141
Round 2 Race 2 : @racingchamp30 - 1:43.495

Round 3 Race 1 : @mopar440 - 1:50.673
Round 3 Race 2 : @joe_diben - 1:50.753

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:22.810 (@euclid58)
Round 2: 10:30.863 (@euclid58)
Round 3: 11:18.490 (@KTR5)

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 3, Race 2: 1:21.405

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 20.773

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

I should probably mention that the Subaru Impreza TC that I will race will be painted in WR Blue Mica with Solar Gold wheels, because Subaru. The F430 that I raced last week is still painted in Rosso Monza. The Bad-Mutha Corvette will be actually be painted in Lapiz Blue with Argento Luna wheels.

However, it feels a little wrong to race a modern Corvette race car that isn't painted yellow with black wheels.

Post update the F430 may now be the greatest car in the history of GT ;)

I loved it before the update, but racing it in practice last night was sublime. It still rotates wonderfully, but gained tons of stability at the same time. Rear a little loose while clipping a kerb? No big deal, just a tad more oppo and you're on your way. The car does exactly what you ask of it and there are no nasty surprises on the limit. Came in a little hot and need to tighten your line? A tiny dab of the brake or lift sets the nose but the rear of the car doesn't try to overtake the front aggressively. You can even accelerate pretty dang hard while holding a nice little 4 wheel drift. I can't remember ever being able to do that in any stock setup MR in any GT title.

I can't wait to play around with more MR and RR cars. It seems they're finally realizing their potential in GT considering they are the optimal drivetrain configuration for a sports car.

In stark contrast, I think the subie and the vette handle like dump trucks :P PD missed an opportunity with this update to make the stock setups on racecars more aggressive. They've always been very noob friendly in terms suspension and aero settings starting out heavily biased toward understeer. With the physics update though, I feel they could have balanced them better while still being very easy to drive for a beginner. Will be interested to see if a later update makes changes in this area.

The vette especially needs like double the front downforce, you have to manhandle that thing to get it to rotate. Granted, vette racecars aren't known for being exactly nimble, but the stock setup on that has the front end just washing away into oblivion unless you're practically smoking the rears. I know what my vote is going to be this week ;)

I painted my Ferrari 430 gold with gold BBS RS rims because race car, the subaru is GT6 Polarized 038 (yellow) with chrome rims and the corvette is Wien Blue Pearl with Wien Blue Pearl rims an the Vette and Subaru are #1 because it's my first snail race!

I've had that Corvette for a while, and while I do prefer to lean towards understeer, I still managed to make it understeer less. I also normally run it at around 605 HP, to more closely make it a GT1 car.

For the Super Dude (or Scooby Doo, or whatever you call them), I'd have the torque split set to 25/75 to better balance it, and do some suspension and aero work.

And the F430 is sublime, but I prefer the 458. The bat-out-of-hell fast FXX is a tad bit better. :P

I painted my Ferrari 430 gold with gold BBS RS rims because race car, the subaru is GT6 Polarized 038 (yellow) with chrome rims and the corvette is Wien Blue Pearl with Wien Blue Pearl rims an the Vette and Subaru are #1 because it's my first snail race!
I may be wrong, but colors and racing numbers are regulated according to the charts, and there is a form to complete for color/number registration.

If I'm not mistaken all cars must be the same color/number combination.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-spec-racing-for-all-skill-levels-100-members-racing-on-the-same-night-spots-open.235094/page-1868#post-9572728

Thanks @hognhominy. Yes, colors should be consistent across each combo, unless your name is @Azure Flare and you just do what you want anyways :)

Everyone should also have their colors and number recorded on the color chart. You can find this in my signature.

And to follow up a little more. A unique color and number are ideal, however, as long as you have a unique color and number within your own division, that's what matters more.

What division are you starting in?

Here are a couple pictures for @Troggy to use for banners.

.018 difference between @chatva and @KTR5. If this had been Sunday night, I might have put a little block on you :) But it wasn't so it was fun to race to the finish.

View attachment 173542

Throwing a smoke screen for whoever is behind me.

View attachment 173543
Dude! Thank You so much for the ultimate Pro-type racing and the photo finish!
That was a bad @ss race!:cheers:

@chatva You do realize that you just tagged a member named "ss" right? Someone that hasn't been online since August 2001 and has no posts at all. :P

Team Oreca had the French colors on their Vipers in 1999, one of them was also featured in GT2. The red 'n white was the 2000 car, the very one that has been in the GT series since GT3.

lol, this thread never had a specific topic to begin with. :P

The PMs are the Inbox button.

Team Oreca had the French colors on their Vipers in 1999, one of them was also featured in GT2. The red 'n white was the 2000 car, the very one that has been in the GT series since GT3.
Ya I have a game for my Sega Dreamcast and it was called Test Drive Le Mans and it had all the 90'S cars. Rooks Porsche and every single style of the Chrysler Viper. Dodge wasn't in Europe back then and it was an amazing game.

I played Test Drive Le Mans on the PS1 once a long time ago, and I would like to have a copy for myself.

I need a bunch of PS1 games that aren't available on PSN...

Back