◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I can't do a ****ing thing with any of these combos.

The Ferrari is nice, but the penalties are far too finicky.

The Subaru just understeers all over the place. I can make this car better in the corners and on the straights with just a few simple tweaks to it.

The Corvette is just too powerful. I mean 858 HP in a car that can't turn worth anything, and if you put just a little too much throttle input into it, you just light up the rears and you just end up backwards in a cloud of smoke. I run that car in GT1 spec for a reason.

So, which of these combo's do you want to vote out? And all isn't an answer :)

D4 replays have been uploaded to both the Open Replay and the Stewards drives. Great night racing; no connection or lag issues whatsoever and I was battling for position no matter where I was in the standings.

The Subaru just understeers all over the place. I can make this car better in the corners and on the straights with just a few simple tweaks to it.

The Corvette is just too powerful. I mean 858 HP in a car that can't turn worth anything, and if you put just a little too much throttle input into it, you just light up the rears and you just end up backwards in a cloud of smoke. I run that car in GT1 spec for a reason.
I kinda liked them all. They were all totally different and each a challenge in their own way.

D4 replays have been uploaded to both the Open Replay and the Stewards drives. Great night racing; no connection or lag issues whatsoever and I was battling for position no matter where I was in the standings.
I miss those days! Glad to hear you guys are still having great races.

Maybe you need to drive more and post less!

D3 finished up about 11:40 eastern. Pretty smooth night, connection wise. After some of the reports I've seen of online experiences after 1.09 dropped, I was expecting catastrophes left, right and center.

Scores and votes are entered and replays are uploading as I type this uploaded.

Last edited:
D3 finished up about 11:40 eastern. Pretty smooth night, connection wise. After some of the reports I've seen of online experiences after 1.09 dropped, I was expecting catastrophes left, right and center.

Scores and votes are entered and replays are uploading as I type this.

One DC and reenter from a guy with known connection issues is barely worth mentioning. I want to know if anyone can explain why my Subaru would get up and go on the straights. It was like I was down 30 horsepower. Nothing like being a full second quicker in the infield during qualifying only to watch that change to 2 second off the pace by running the straights.

One DC and reenter from a guy with known connection issues is barely worth mentioning. I want to know if anyone can explain why my Subaru would get up and go on the straights. It was like I was down 30 horsepower. Nothing like being a full second quicker in the infield during qualifying only to watch that change to 2 second off the pace by running the straights.
Try shifting at 7000

Try shifting at 7000

I tried different shift points and nothing seemed to work. Guys were driving out of the draft from me in 6th gear. I'm hoping it was just a glitch with that car. I have already gotten rid of the car and will replace it with a fresh one if it's around next week.

Well, this is the 2nd week for the F430 @80's Monza, the Corvette @ Fuji is the new one, and the Subaru @ Daytona is new in car only, this is the 3rd week for the track.

So they aren't old?Except for one which I hadn't run in two years!
Hmmm! How bout that and you sounded so knowledgable!
Oh well!

I actually genuinely believe that if I was placed in a race seat next weekend (nothing major, like an amatuer race in SCCA or NASA), with some time with the car and the track, I could hang in the top 10.

I actually genuinely believe that if I was placed in a race seat next weekend (nothing major, like an amatuer race in SCCA or NASA), with some time with the car and the track, I could hang in the top 10.
this may seem like im being a d*** but no you couldnt. you cant just hop in with big boys and think you gonna show them a thing or two

also sorry D7. its a crazy work weekend in vegas for me

Never once did I say that I thought I was fast. I said that with time with car and track, I could keep up with other competitors.

I tried different shift points and nothing seemed to work. Guys were driving out of the draft from me in 6th gear. I'm hoping it was just a glitch with that car. I have already gotten rid of the car and will replace it with a fresh one if it's around next week.

I had the same issue but mine wouldnt hold on the straights it seemed like everyone had hella draft, i could make it fly around corners but straights it struggled.

That sounds like you 'once said you were fast' to me, at least.

I'm of the general opinion - and not just to your comment, at all - that it is quite easy for anyone to believe they are skilled at something, and quite another thing entirely to actually immediately demonstrate more skill than others who have dedicated time, money, and most importantly, real life practice time. I've had this happen to me several times, and witnessed it... far too many to count, especially in competitive environments.

Not that it can't happen, but it's far less likely than the "thinkers" believe. And I agree there is a certain amount of age/experience involved.

--------
Scores and Votes have been recorded for ALL DIVISIONS D1 - D7.

Except:

WC Division Scores
WC Division Votes

Last edited:
That sounds like you 'once said you were fast' to me, at least.

I'm of the general opinion - and not just to your comment, at all - that it is quite easy for anyone to believe they are skilled at something, and quite another thing entirely to actually immediately demonstrate more skill than others who have dedicated time, money, and most importantly, real life practice time. I've had this happen to me several times, and witnessed it... far too many to count, especially in competitive environments.

Not that it can't happen, but it's far less likely than the "thinkers" believe. And I agree there is a certain amount of age/experience involved.

--------
Scores and Votes have been recorded for ALL DIVISIONS D1 - D7.

Except:

WC Division Scores
WC Division Votes

Since we are on the subject i won a commercial truck rodeo in 2010 and backed up to a loading dock within a 1/4 of an inch using just the mirrors. Also a cone slalom and parallel parking with two cars one in front and one in back. Lol

Since we are on the subject i won a commercial truck rodeo in 2010 and backed up to a loading dock within a 1/4 of an inch using just the mirrors. Also a cone slalom and parallel parking with two cars one in front and one in back. Lol

No wonder you're so fast. I vote to ban you because of too much real life applicable experience :) Seriously though, that's some serious skill.

Latest Posts

Back