◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
HERESY I say! A pox on all your houses!

Old school GT cars at least had some compliance you could work with and use weight transfer to your advantage. Modern GT cars tend to go where you point them, even if they're not necessarily precision instruments like my beloved Ferrari that respond instinctively to your mere suggestion of driver input.

Good riddance to the 'Vette I say ;)
Shame and sacrilege....that car respects finding the edge and then pulling it back a dite:D

And goes like stink...how could anyone pick the DD (dummy driver) Subaru...at least take off some tire and find a tight fun track...yeah I know win the prize pick the car ...yes it also fun but.... as I noted in a self induced unintentional four wheel front rear wiggle slide in the Bus Stop...can't believe I saved it...I didn't the car did.

Subaru problem solved. Bought a new one and took the old and the new to the track. The new one is 2.5 seconds faster than the old one. I have no idea what the problem was but the old one was just sold to the scrapheap.
Well this is disappointing. How the heck does any of us know if a car in our garage is or isn't a lemon? Why is this so difficult for PD to make properly?

Well this is disappointing. How the heck does any of us know if a car in our garage is or isn't a lemon? Why is this so difficult for PD to make properly?
Welcome to the Sony and Polyphony Digital beta test team. Where everyone paid for the privilege.

I wonder if its related to PreV1.09 vs PostV1.09 purchases? D6's best lap was @Piler @ 1:50.0XX IIRC

As for the Vette at Fuji, I just couldn't make it work. I'm not a huge fan of Fuji and the Vette's power only exacerbated my issues. It seems to require a finesse I just don't have. I won't miss Fuji, but I will probably run the Vette at a few other tracks before condemning it completely.

It was a strange situation all together. I had run the car earlier in the week and it was fine. I raced it on Sunday and it just wouldn't handle in a straight line. It turned fine but it just wouldn't go. I'll chalk it up to a one time glitch and move on.

I suppose I could blame the whole thing on the fact that we ran in a friends only room. Just for the record, five rooms ran as friends only Sunday night with little to no issues. D7 ran open lobby because none of their hosts showed and D1 ran open lobby because their room froze before the racing even started. News flash guys, if everyone else can run friends only and not have problems, the problem is someone in your room. Find out who it is and work to get it fixed.

I wonder if its related to PreV1.09 vs PostV1.09 purchases? D6's best lap was @Piler @ 1:50.0XX IIRC

As for the Vette at Fuji, I just couldn't make it work. I'm not a huge fan of Fuji and the Vette's power only exacerbated my issues. It seems to require a finesse I just don't have. I won't miss Fuji, but I will probably run the Vette at a few other tracks before condemning it completely.

I felt the same way during practice on Thursday. So I made a conscience decision to not race it last night. I merely drove it and tried to keep it on the track. Luckily it worked out for me, as I was very happy to walk away with a 4th and 3rd. I guess it also helps that I'm decent at blocking :)

To be really fast with that car, you need to be right on the edge of disaster, or at least that's how it feels to me. I knew I couldn't handle it so I didn't push it in any corner, entrance or exit.

It was a strange situation all together. I had run the car earlier in the week and it was fine. I raced it on Sunday and it just wouldn't handle in a straight line. It turned fine but it just wouldn't go. I'll chalk it up to a one time glitch and move on.

I suppose I could blame the whole thing on the fact that we ran in a friends only room. Just for the record, five rooms ran as friends only Sunday night with little to no issues. D7 ran open lobby because none of their hosts showed and D1 ran open lobby because their room froze before the racing even started. News flash guys, if everyone else can run friends only and not have problems, the problem is someone in your room. Find out who it is and work to get it fixed.

D6 had connection problems the last 2 weeks, but with all the same people, we didn't have any issues at all. I don't think any of us did anything differently either. We're in the routine of powering off routers, clearing cache, etc before race time. Other than @euclid58 setting of 2 fans to cool his router and his PS3, I think we've done the same stuff.

Well allot of guys blew by me and my wonderful brandy new Subaru ( sorry unintentional but cute rhyme) last night. As Ned Jarrett used to say...they out handled me on the straight!...which is ever so annoying. Will buy yet another...can use as bookends.

I felt the same way during practice on Thursday. So I made a conscience decision to not race it last night. I merely drove it and tried to keep it on the track. Luckily it worked out for me, as I was very happy to walk away with a 4th and 3rd. I guess it also helps that I'm decent at blocking :)

To be really fast with that car, you need to be right on the edge of disaster, or at least that's how it feels to me. I knew I couldn't handle it so I didn't push it in any corner, entrance or exit.

D6 had connection problems the last 2 weeks, but with all the same people, we didn't have any issues at all. I don't think any of us did anything differently either. We're in the routine of powering off routers, clearing cache, etc before race time. Other than @euclid58 setting of 2 fans to cool his router and his PS3, I think we've done the same stuff.
Euclid allegedly also sacrificed a chicken :crazy:(or was it a Net Tech) and lit incense.:D

Not to start a whole thing again, but to add another data point - The snail enduro series had serious room issues sat night. 3 attempts at a friends only lobby and the host couldn't stay connected for more than 2 mins.

Switched to an open lobby with no voice chat and almost all the room problems went away. Still wasn't perfect and there were some DCs and other issues during the 2 hour race, but at least we were able to start and most were able to finish.

FO isn't the root cause, but if there are stability issues FO, voice chat, and visible damage are all options that do make things better when you turn them off.

Something happened between the Cyber Disaster of the Enduro at the Ring Saturday night and the weekly races last night. I don't think we made it work...I....and dare I say this...think they....whisper softy....FIXED IT. We ran 16 cars in an open room yesterday PM before racing...all was well. D6 finished last night by 1030 Central... Still doing visual checks...compared to mass reboots, invisible people..some lagging cars last week when we spent 3+30 and went away frazzled and pissed. Fingers crossed...although it might just have the phase of the moon last night.

Not to start a whole thing again, but to add another data point - The snail enduro series had serious room issues sat night. 3 attempts at a friends only lobby and the host couldn't stay connected for more than 2 mins.

Switched to an open lobby with no voice chat and almost all the room problems went away. Still wasn't perfect and there were some DCs and other issues during the 2 hour race, but at least we were able to start and most were able to finish.

FO isn't the root cause, but if there are stability issues FO, voice chat, and visible damage are all options that do make things better when you turn them off.

Sounds like someone in the room didn't have sufficient bandwidth and was causing issues for the whole room. Visible damage and voice do take up bandwidth. The friends only setting does not take up bandwidth. It merely sets who is allowed to enter the room. Changing three things at the same time and proclaiming that any one of them helped or all three of them helped isn't exactly solid research or investigation. I would be more interested in the connection quality of the individual drivers in the room. I would bet dollars to donuts that someone is running near the bare minimum upload speeds or has an unusually high ping to someone else in the room. It only takes one subpar connection to ruin an entire room because of the mesh type network that is used by the game.

Visible damage should be off at all times for Sunday night anyway. The order of turning things off should be voice chat first and then convert to open lobby.

Visible damage should be off at all times for Sunday night anyway. The order of turning things off should be voice chat first and then convert to open lobby.

And if you're having to do any of these things, start looking at yourselves and find out who the weak link is and see if there is something they can do to improve and/or stabilize their connection. You can't jump right to blaming PD and Sony for every issue especially when not everyone is having those issues.

From the first post;

Settings
All league Race Settings are default unless noted below (Course Settings are listed here)
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 4-8. (Penalties OFF for D1 and D2/D3 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off

Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-7. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 8 only)

@zer05ive, thinking the driving aids might need to be amended. We currently have no drivers in D8.

Euclid allegedly also sacrificed a chicken :crazy:(or was it a Net Tech) and lit incense.:D

:lol:... actually, nobody got sacrificed. All the internet providers work very hard to keep their customers happy, and this is no exception. I simply returned to using my original DSL service because it never has any issues.
The fiberoptic was nothing but trouble, but I don't blame the provider.

W
Do either of you know if anyone stepped up to do the scoring or record votes from the WC division now that @Neovre is in D1 and @jobyone is retired?
e did not end up with a complete night. I mad it for e Scobie but after that race there was only 1 person left:(

Since I am bowing out let's see what time works for people. The 9:00 start was mainly from my desire so what time works for people? For example would 8:00 PM pacific time work better for people?

Saturday was a different issue all together, no rooms were stable that night ,it didn't matter what format or who hosted. I was online and watched as all the lobby rooms kept crashing

Saturday was a different issue all together, no rooms were stable that night ,it didn't matter what format or who hosted. I was online and watched as all the lobby rooms kept crashing

Actually, Div-4 went off without a hitch of any kind. No DCs, Invisibles, or Lags.
Maybe we all just get along .... electronically speaking.

W

e did not end up with a complete night. I mad it for e Scobie but after that race there was only 1 person left:(

Since I am bowing out let's see what time works for people. The 9:00 start was mainly from my desire so what time works for people? For example would 8:00 PM pacific time work better for people?
that could work for to make the jump to wc. I'm not racing on Sundays and would like to get back into it if there was enough interest.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Voice is the most impactful (but also nice to have), followed by vis damage, and then friends only. Friends isn't a bandwidth hog, but I still think there is something to the synchronization between PSN and PD (since friends are a PSN thing) that adds instability.

Hmm, I wonder if the friends list is something in the mysterious network cache and by clearing it FO room issues are actually exacerbated due to PSN reliance. If only PD and sony weren't so tight lipped about things like this (though I understand with the PSN hacking that went on a while back). NOT clearing cache seems to cause even more problems of course, so I wouldn't recommend skipping that.

I still plan to do some in-depth investigation when I can find the time and look for solid workarounds for connection issues.

Another thing to consider is maybe going fixed host for hosts that have rock-solid, high bandwidth connections. That would mean that one bad non-host connection wouldn't mess up the whole room. Downside of course would be the single point of failure of the host and that's a little scary without a good way to guarantee a host's stability.

D4 Stats for 6/22

Pole Honors
Combo 1 @Tenderly90
Combo 2 @Grandpa Money
Combo 3 @Tenderly90

Fast Lap Honors
Combo 1

Race 1 @Tenderly90 - 1:49.212
Race 2 @Tenderly90 - 1:49.552

Combo2
Race 1 @Grandpa Money - 1:50.609
Race 2 @Grandpa Money - 1:50.886

Combo 3
Race 1 @Tenderly90 - 1:31.501 (Honorable mention @Grandpa Money 1:31.503)
Race2 @Grandpa Money 1:31.093

..... do I sense World Domination?... or at least in D4 :bowdown:

Podiums
Combo 1
Race 1

Gold @Tenderly90
Silver @Grandpa Money
Bronze @GTPL_LITECOIN

Combo 1
Race 2

Gold @Tenderly90
Silver @TEX36
Bronze @GTPL_LITECOIN

Combo 2
Race 1

Gold @Grandpa Money
Silver @Wardenclyffe
Bronze @Schmiggz

Combo 2
Race 2

Gold @Grandpa Money
Silver @Tenderly90
Bronze @GTPL_LITECOIN

Combo 3
Race 1

Gold @Tenderly90
Silver @Grandpa Money
Bronze @TEX36

Combo 3
Race 2

Gold @Tenderly90
Silver @MajorBlixem
Bronze @Wardenclyffe

D4 Stats for 6/22

Pole Honors
Combo 1 @Tenderly90
Combo 2 @Grandpa Money
Combo 3 @Tenderly90

Fast Lap Honors
Combo 1

Race 1 @Tenderly90 - 1:49.212
Race 2 @Tenderly90 - 1:49.552

Combo2
Race 1 @Grandpa Money - 1:50.609
Race 2 @Grandpa Money - 1:50.886

Combo 3
Race 1 @Tenderly90 - 1:31.501 (Honorable mention @Grandpa Money 1:31.503)
Race2 @Grandpa Money 1:31.093

..... do I sense World Domination?... or at least in D4 :bowdown:

Podiums
Combo 1
Race 1

Gold @Tenderly90
Silver @Grandpa Money
Bronze @GTPL_LITECOIN

Combo 1
Race 2

Gold @Tenderly90
Silver @TEX36
Bronze @GTPL_LITECOIN

Combo 2
Race 1

Gold @Grandpa Money
Silver @Wardenclyffe
Bronze @Schmiggz

Combo 2
Race 2

Gold @Grandpa Money
Silver @Tenderly90
Bronze @GTPL_LITECOIN

Combo 3
Race 1

Gold @Tenderly90
Silver @Grandpa Money
Bronze @TEX36

Combo 3
Race 2

Gold @Tenderly90
Silver @MajorBlixem
Bronze @Wardenclyffe
It was an amazing racing night for me :) but I have to thanks you if it is possible :bowdown:, thanks for your dedication for this forum, thanks for your great job, thanks for make our races as much as possible full of fun, of integrity and full of very good peoples :), sorry for my unperfect english, I hope that you can understand it :) again thanks and see you on track next time :):gtpflag: ps. @MajorBlixem next time you wanna tag me in a post use my GTP ID :D

@KTR5 And @JLBowler last night I was a last minute host. I went to @Wolfsatz D3 room and saved the settings for the first race. I did not realize til the 3rd or 4th race I didn't have penalties on. And some of the second races are labeled race 1. I apologize for the mistakes.

W

Does this also mean that there were no votes recorded? If the night wasn't completely done, then I suggest we not allow the votes and move forward with the current voting results. Thoughts @zer05ive and @JLBowler?

Back