Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

I know this has been out for a while but a friend reposted it to FB today. It gives me chills listening to it.

2. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

OK YOU TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED SNAILS
    Just had a CB (thunderstorm) punch out the sliding closure for a room air conditioner. Under it was my computer (oh horrors...I get to replace the antique !) flat bed scanner and laser printer.... All of which are hors de combat due to water ingestion. :p I need recomendations to replace with a gaming computer ( middle of the road) that can handle modern sims. There are so many on the market that it is VERY confusing. Used to be you bought an Alienware...but they are now owned by someone big..Dell maybe...and that might be a deal breaker. I'm sure other SNAILS would like the info too...to put on Birthday Lists for the younger and Anniversary lists for the more decrepid. Keep it brief for the sake of those really not interested.

3. RodeRuner1967

RodeRuner1967

Are we allowed body rigidity on the cars? I can't recall if we can or not.

4. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yes but its frowned upon a bit and honestly it wont improve lap times much if at all

5. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Prior to Update 1.09 it appeared to increase understeer in most cars and thus made a bad situation worse :ouch:. I used to do it routinely in the game thinking it can't hurt. Yes it can. Of course if you have an overabundance of oversteer it might help. The rule of thumb was NEVER apply to a race car...but who knows now with IMPROVED physics in 09.

6. RodeRuner1967

RodeRuner1967

Thank you. I have used it on other cars. Lately I have not wanted to use it to see what the difference was.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  7. Rednose58

Rednose58

And is there a way to UNINSTALL it?

8. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

Sell it and buy a new one?

9. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks for the picks (and the suggestions)! The June 29th lineup has been posted!!

Thanks for the summary! It's a huge help! :bowdown:

KTR5 likes this.
  10. Sharkb8ii

Sharkb8ii

All data as well as scores and votes for D7 have been entered.

KTR5 likes this.
  11. USERID_77a23

USERID_77a23

12. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

USERID_77a23 has opened the Red Room
    1472-6118-4130-9224-7988

13. Neovre

Neovre

How long does it take to update to 1.09? Using a different PS3.

14. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

30-45 min would be conservative I think.

15. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

Srry didn't mean to post my iPad was acting up with gtplanet

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    SHOCKY_WELL and Nail-27 like this.
  16. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

17. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

18. nmcp1

nmcp1

Yellow room

1472-6118-3916-1737-7217

19. tezgm99

tezgm99

I believe I'm done with the reviews for this week.

Handlebar likes this.
  20. fzappa

fzappa Premium

For you west coast guys or late comers, I just opened a practice room.

1472-6399-9009-5381-2658

GTP_SniperWolph and jobyone like this.
  21. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Hey guys, did anyone enjoy tonight's practice?
    I sure did, ran a car I hadn't before on Trial Mountain and my pick, the Ferrari that now begins her third week!, to bad she can't show her full potential at that track but drive her below her potential, as if your in Los Angeles and push on the straights then slow way down, you might be ok!

This will be the last SNAIL Event of the season, so if you want to gain a points position then you better practice!

22. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

That sucks a lot, but I could use this information too as I am looking to expand into iRacing, rFactor, Assetto Corsa, and possibly project CARS if the console version isn't as close to the same as the PC version as they say it will be.

I myself am willing to spend more to get more (That's why I have a T500RS instead of a G27.), but I'm not going for super-expensive.

23. fizzer

fizzer

I always build my own. These days its pretty simple even for a non techie. The physical building is the easiest part, you pretty much can't do it wrong. The trickier part is buying all the right stuff and making sure its compatible, but even that isn't too bad. newegg.com is your best friend for these cases.

PM me if you're interested and I can set up a shopping list based on budget.

If you want to go retail and need tech support and a warranty, I can't help you much since I have zero experience in that area, but these guys have a good name in the iRacing community and are a small focused business (started in '09 as just one sim racing enthusiast building PCs in his basement for other sim racers): http://mainperformancepc.com/

Nail-27 likes this.
  24. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

'Dat $7,000+ liquid-cooled EXTREME X-3770K.

But, you can knock it down to under $5,000 if you take out the 3 monitors, and substitute the less-expensive options.

I don't have $5,000, but the Turbo FX 6000 that I specced to ~$1,4000 sounds mighty tempting, but the options for keyboards, mice (I have my own), and headsets leave me looking elsewhere.

I won't bother with monitors, blu-ray, or or internet security that isn't Kaspersky.

25. hognhominy

hognhominy

26. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I'm not certain about this car.

AMDP100GWFOS2014.PNG

I sure hope I can paint it all one color.

Something else that caught my eye

SNAIL drivers should all endeavor to be in that last group he mentioned.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    JJLopez427 and KTR5 like this.
  27. miata13B

miata13B

Well I'm game to join @Nail-27 talked me into it :-)

Azure Flare, Nail-27 and KTR5 like this.
  28. nmcp1

nmcp1

@miata13B

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

29. aerolite

aerolite

30. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Yellow room is for people that want to practice race craft. Mandatory yellow flags.