◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,746 comments
And that right there is the attitude that has chased some away from the official practice night and chased a few completely away from SNAIL. Nobody wants to be the victim of somebody else's experiment and have their race (practice or not) ruined. If you're in an official SNAIL room, you should always strive to race as clean as possible. If you want to experiment with things that are likely to ruin the race of another driver, you should get some guys together that want to do the same and do it in a room without the SNAIL name in it.

Don't take it personally. There were drivers with this mentality long before you showed up and I'm sure it will continue into the future.
Having recently raced fizzer while he's tried "exciting" passing opportunities I can assure you that he was as clean and respectful of my line as good racecraft demands. I believe he's specifically referring to passing through corners, under late breaking, and other non-traditional passing zones, pushing things farther than one does when season racing for points. Perhaps I see things differently than you but for me I find that type of maneuver extremely helpful - at that point I have to hold my line and concentrate on my exit because the lap just got real. It can be unnerving, but that's somewhat the essence of racing - pushing things as far as you can while not taking out others.

specracekc.png

Wait a minute, are you saying your series has a West Coast time slot?

I think I want to do this. Where do I sign up?

@mr_lab_rat

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the SNAIL OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. SNAIL Administrators will reach out to you via a GT Planet conversation with further instructions on joining the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game. To find your assigned room on Sunday please follow the steps below:
  1. Go to Community, from the GT6 My Home screen.
  2. Select Clubs
  3. Select SNAIL [Spec] Racing
  4. Select Club Lobby (on left) not Club Events
  5. Find your division room #, select it and join.
5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Last edited:
I very much agree ,try different things. But I still see a lot of "i need to be first now" mentality out there. Multi divisions means there ARE slower drivers who brake sooner out there. Faster guys diving in on lower division racers is not cool in a practice or a race(especially on the first lap)And telling them after you nail them "you brake too soon there" doesn't help either. It's always the car behinds responsibility to get around WITHOUT making contact doesn't matter if he thinks they other guy is slow. If you're fast you can pass without bumping

Edit: this is in no way directed a fizzer. Lol , I don't think I've even raced with you
I got it and the one that I told he broke to soon got it too!
We race it again later and I had to try hard to keep up!
So! Though you may think it ain't cool, it helped him just as it had helped me in the past and still does today.
In practice is exactly where we learn and the feed back we receive is better than not knowing what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to improve.

Having recently raced fizzer while he's tried "exciting" passing opportunities I can assure you that he was as clean and respectful of my line as good racecraft demands. I believe he's specifically referring to passing through corners, under late breaking, and other non-traditional passing zones, pushing things farther than one does when season racing for points. Perhaps I see things differently than you but for me I find that type of maneuver extremely helpful - at that point I have to hold my line and concentrate on my exit because the lap just got real. It can be unnerving, but that's somewhat the essence of racing - pushing things as far as you can while not taking out others.

Thanks warden, I was afraid my comments might be misinterpreted as I wasn't entirely clear. You explained it better than I :)

@JLBowler - I didn't mean to make it sound like I intentionally ignore the OLR on practice days. I wanted to get across to newer drivers that they shouldn't feel pressured on practice days, that it's OK to make mistakes and illustrate that practice is exactly that, a learning experience.

I also try not practice the limits of good race craft around newer drivers or drivers I haven't raced with enough to trust.

To be perfectly clear, I don't condone any sort of rough, sleazy, or any other kind of un-snail driving in practice rooms. I do support using practice time to explore different lines and passing zones to find ones that work vs ones that don't.

So! Though you may think it ain't cool, it helped him just as it had helped me in the past and still does today.
In practice is exactly where we learn and the feed back we receive is better than not knowing what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to improve.
I was speaking in general , All I'm saying is that all can be achieved without driving into people and forcing contact(accidents happen). The one you spoke to was a d5 guy fast enough to ve d4 no doubt ,, I doubt he gets as stressed as someone in d7 or 8 would getting hit

You wouldn't be talking about me would you? ;) Thanks for the tip, that was some fun racing last night!

Practice room:

1472-6118-3701-4256-8744

Last edited:
And that right there is the attitude that has chased some away from the official practice night and chased a few completely away from SNAIL. Nobody wants to be the victim of somebody else's experiment and have their race (practice or not) ruined. If you're in an official SNAIL room, you should always strive to race as clean as possible. If you want to experiment with things that are likely to ruin the race of another driver, you should get some guys together that want to do the same and do it in a room without the SNAIL name in it.

Don't take it personally. There were drivers with this mentality long before you showed up and I'm sure it will continue into the future.
My first night in SNAIL was in practice atApricot Hill where I was hit, pushed, and basically elbowed out of the way...and I remember who those masked men were. I was sent here by some guys at WRS who recommended SNAIL for me to get lots of turn one first lap experience and wheel to wheel. They were right but that first night came very close to BEING MY LAST. You are our ambassadors...there is NO excuse for abusive driving. Period. And "I'm sorry " is not an excuse...but it helps...as does waiting for the guy you bumped, side swiped or otherwise molested.

Now I really need a PC...OK GANG...I don't build computers (as my wife...Intel Officer...PHD....TYPE A ....told me once when I complained about cleaning toilets in our Inn on the coast of Maine..."if you can fly an F4 50 feet above the ground at 500 KIAS and drop a bomb in a pickle barrel...you too can learn to clean a toilet." Like the toilet...I don't want too. Lol ). I want instantaneous gratification...hopefully via AMAZON PRIME.
Gimmie a link. PLEASE.
The Lady must understand that quantum physics come into play piloting a F4 at 50 feet. We should not at any point be held responsible for cleaning a toilet, it is simply outside of our pay grade ;-)... plus Maine buddy is absolutely beautiful, they don't have dirty toilets there ;-)

Thanks...how about a "Gathering" every couple of years....

In my previous job...like in F1 ...you needed a sense of humor...including mocking yourself...and a total lack of imagination as to what COULD happen..as in there is only ONE...winner ...and it might not be you. After that ....racing was/is my passion...and this is as close as you can get....at home.

Again to ALL RACERS please go watch " 1" it is repeating on Velocity and NBCSN. It is a truthful history of F1 that will explain what you are currently watching...and why you can watch it and why driver safety is what it is today in all levels . Some have said it was sensational and blood thirsty....no it IS true..I grew up with it...it was very traumatic and exciting in the extreme...the love of my life....after SWMBO of course.
I saw it almost five or six times , it's doleful think that there was need lot of died before make high level of security for our enjoyment, but the past can not be changed, the present is a lot better. I love it, I love races and I would be born in the late 70's for experience live Lauda ,Senna, but fortunately I was born in time to see the 7 world championship conquered by Schumacher :) , F1 is the greatest sports of all.

Thanks warden, I was afraid my comments might be misinterpreted as I wasn't entirely clear. You explained it better than I :)

@JLBowler - I didn't mean to make it sound like I intentionally ignore the OLR on practice days. I wanted to get across to newer drivers that they shouldn't feel pressured on practice days, that it's OK to make mistakes and illustrate that practice is exactly that, a learning experience.

I also try not practice the limits of good race craft around newer drivers or drivers I haven't raced with enough to trust.

To be perfectly clear, I don't condone any sort of rough, sleazy, or any other kind of un-snail driving in practice rooms. I do support using practice time to explore different lines and passing zones to find ones that work vs ones that don't.

I wasn't trying to say that you do these things. I was only commenting on the general attitude. It's fine to experiment with some things in practice. It really comes down to how the incidents are handled. There have been some drivers here that used practice as their own personal bumper car session as they were experimenting with different lines. Their experiments were having a very negative effect on other drivers because they would just driver over, around, and through them and go on as if nothing had happened. This was rather off-putting to some new drivers and they wound up leaving rather quickly.

I haven't raced much with you fizzer, but the little I have done gives me no indication to think that you are one of these drivers I am describing.

I wasn't trying to say that you do these things. I was only commenting on the general attitude. It's fine to experiment with some things in practice. It really comes down to how the incidents are handled. There have been some drivers here that used practice as their own personal bumper car session as they were experimenting with different lines. Their experiments were having a very negative effect on other drivers because they would just driver over, around, and through them and go on as if nothing had happened. This was rather off-putting to some new drivers and they wound up leaving rather quickly.

I haven't raced much with you fizzer, but the little I have done gives me no indication to think that you are one of these drivers I am describing.
I take advantage of practice night to kick Chatva off track :D

Careful, he may use a racing driver excuse against you, like saying the GT-R GT3 having a MoTeC display is slowing him down. :P

I personally like to use "My shade of blue isn't right". :dopey:

Hey guys, trying to get caught up on this week's happenings. Haven't fired up the ol' fatty(ps3) since last Sunday.

I'm just wondering if incident reports have been reviewed and what the result of the reviews were. Do I need to get the all clear before Sunday's race, or should I not be worried about it until I'm told to worry about it?

Thanks

If you had an incident filed against you, the division steward would have sent you an email Monday or Tuesday to inform you of that. If you for example are placed on probation for a week, you can race the very next week, but an incident filed against you during that night of racing with multiply any penalties, usually doubled.

If you never received anything, or nobody had ever said anything to you, then you have nothing to worry about.

Hey guys, I'd like to join your league. I've heard about it and it seems fun.

@nascarfan14

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Howdy fellow D4 racers! I'm not racing this weekend. You will need a data guy.

It's Canada Day long weekend and I'm gone fishing this weekend.

Have fun racing!

D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 6/22/14

Daytona Road Course_1.jpg

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @qwietstorm 1:48.284
Round 2 : @Xradkins 1:50.448
Round 3 : @Cats_PJs 1:30.694

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @qwietstorm 1:47.594
Round 1 Race 2 : @Rednose58 1:47.196

Round 2 Race 1 : @Xradkins 1:49.201
Round 2 Race 2 : @qwietstorm 1:49.815

Round 3 Race 1 : @qwietstorm 1:30.714
Round 3 Race 2 : @Kgffy 1:30.684

It's a tight battle for the overall win of the season and only one more shot to take the top spot. Don't forget that only your top 3 scores for the month count so even if you're lower on the standings someone above you may not show or may not be as strong on some of the newer combos. This is why it's important to show up every race weekend! Here's to a strong finish for the June season! :cheers:

Congrats to @qwietstorm for taking the win for the night! 👍

Full data set can be found here.

Hey guys, trying to get caught up on this week's happenings. Haven't fired up the ol' fatty(ps3) since last Sunday.

I'm just wondering if incident reports have been reviewed and what the result of the reviews were. Do I need to get the all clear before Sunday's race, or should I not be worried about it until I'm told to worry about it?

Thanks

To address your specific questions, There is a link in my signature that will lead you to the Incident reporting instructions, (this link is also included in the results post every week) where there is a list of each Division's steward. If you have questions, or additional information to add to the report, send a GTP PM to your steward and they will respond appropriately. There is also this google doc that is a live reflection of the status of each and every IR that was submitted. Keep in mind, until 3 reviews have been done and scored by stewards, no overall penalty score will be shown.

While I'm on the subject of stewards and incident reviews, the last few months have shown a marked reduction in steward participation levels. With that said, I would like to ask each and every SNAIL to seriously consider asking themselves the following questions;

• Am I willing to help ensure SNAIL racing continues to have the fairest and cleanest, as defined by the SNAIL OLR, racing, now and in the future?
  • Do I have the time to commit anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours a week to look at replays of incidents and post an opinion and score?
  • Do I have the technical knowledge (if not, willing to undertake training) and the necessary equipment (USB flash drive, computer, etc.) to review incident replays?

If you answered yes to all three of the above questions, the first two being the most critical, and would like to become a Steward for SNAIL, please PM myself @Dragonwhisky , @JLBowler , @KTR5 or @zer05ive to make your interest known.

Back