◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
Just a FYI on replays for D6. Since we had several with DC problems, we're going to try to piece-meal them later tonight as soon as I can get away from my family for 30 minutes. I'll put races 1, 3-6 and someone else (I hope) will get the 2nd race of the night.

*Raise hand* Question - We had someone race round 1, first race of round 2, then voluntarily leave and cast their vote for 3 (a previously raced combo). Should I remove it given the recent discussion?

No. Go ahead and leave it. There was no official policy in place (there will be very soon though). Let the vote stand even if the first post does say that votes will be cast at the end of the night of racing, not when you decide to leave.

I will try and get with @zer05ive and create an official policy for this matter.

Just a FYI on replays for D6. Since we had several with DC problems, we're going to try to piece-meal them later tonight as soon as I can get away from my family for 30 minutes. I'll put races 1, 3-6 and someone else (I hope) will get the 2nd race of the night.

*Raise hand* Question - We had someone race round 1, first race of round 2, then voluntarily leave and cast their vote for 3 (a previously raced combo). Should I remove it given the recent discussion?
Let me check for race two. Shoot me the link in a PM and I will put it in there.

Sheesh. We're gonna need a legal department before much longer.

All we really need is to get everything that is spread out everywhere (including all the stuff that is stored in our heads) into one centralized location. A legal department probably isn't needed for that, maybe just a few clerks to organize it all.

All we really need is to get everything that is spread out everywhere (including all the stuff that is stored in our heads) into one centralized location. A legal department probably isn't needed for that, maybe just a few clerks to organize it all.

I think putting "all the stuff that is stored in our heads" in a single location might be very dangerous :)

Talk to Zer0 about that. There is something in the works.

Talk to Zer0 about that. There is something in the works.

ktr5 and myself had a PSN chat with zer05ive Saturday night and we are aware of what is in the works. zer05ive is supposed to have some questions for you about what is in the works.

Well I guess I'll be the voice of dissent...I missed every race in June and I could tell you exactly which combos I would've voted for. I'm pretty sure most people know what combo will get their vote almost as soon as they are decided.

I don't see a reason to punish people for not racing the whole night. You race one race on Sunday, you should have everything you get for racing the whole night. You can't make distinctions on why they left, or didn't come back after a disco.
Would some one that only raced the 1st 2 combos of the night not be allowed to make a suggestion if say the winner had already won Prize A that month?

In short, if I (or anyone else) refuse to suffer a combo they don't like (or suck at maybe), how can it possibly make sense to say that they now get no say in what combo gets voted off?!?

Sorry @JLBowler, you do a great job around here, but that is too far in my not so humble opinion.

But he didn't race the other new combo, so he still cast a vote without racing all the options. My point is that you should have to experience all the combos on Sunday night in your division to get a proper impression of them. If you don't do that, you're making an uninformed vote and that shouldn't be allowed here.
I have to agree with @JLBowler, I was all ready to vote out Rd3 before last night, as I was getting tired of Daytona and my practice went well with the Ferrari and RX7. But after two crappy races in the Ferrari and finding something in the Sub and winning both races I voted out Rd2.

Just to play devil's advocate back at you. Should we allow drivers to vote on Thursday night for their least favorite combo? What if you have a bad experience in practice but then have the two best races of your life on Sunday night? Sunday is what counts and if you're not willing or able to participate in a combo then you shouldn't have a say in it being removed from the lineup.

How about if you decide just to sit one round? I was planning to do that at SS5 but raced it anyway; my vote would not have changed either way.

@Mirado_7
Sorry @JLBowler, you do a great job around here, but that is too far in my not so humble opinion.

You need to enroll in Bowler's Humility Class! :dopey:

Last edited:
Well I guess I'll be the voice of dissent...I missed every race in June and I could tell you exactly which combos I would've voted for. I'm pretty sure most people know what combo will get their vote almost as soon as they are decided.

I don't see a reason to punish people for not racing the whole night. You race one race on Sunday, you should have everything you get for racing the whole night. You can't make distinctions on why they left, or didn't come back after a disco.
Would some one that only raced the 1st 2 combos of the night not be allowed to make a suggestion if say the winner had already won Prize A that month?

In short, if I (or anyone else) refuse to suffer a combo they don't like (or suck at maybe), how can it possibly make sense to say that they now get no say in what combo gets voted off?!?

So you think it's OK for someone to skip a combo they don't like, negatively effecting the rest of their division, and then still be able to vote to remove that combo?

Let me explain the negative effects that skipping a combo has on the rest of your division. The grid size is smaller which makes for less exciting racing and less competition for that combo and a potential prize winner is negatively effected because his adjusted point total will take a hit based on the smaller grid size.

Basically, the decision by one to skip a combo can effect the entire league from every other competitor in their division, to a potential prize winner that could miss out on a prize due to having one fewer driver in a race, to everyone else in the league who wouldn't get to see what that person had in mind for a prize. They could have been poised to pick the best combo in the history of SNAIL and we will never know because one guy decided he didn't like a combo before he even raced it in his division. I exaggerate for effect.

Even with all that, you still think it's OK to allow a driver to vote off a combo they didn't even bother to race? I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. This league is built on participation and interaction. How can you expect to get a say if you don't participate? Why should anyone be able to show up for one or two races and have their vote matter as much as someone who showed up and raced the entire night?

So I hope I'm not jumping the gun on asking this (I haven't seen any fish around here in a while haha), but does anyone know the early indication on what combo is being voted out? (Or maybe if one in particular is safe)

I thought all were fun in practice, but I'd be sad if I didn't get the chance to try my Sunday luck on the RX7 trial mountain combo. So that's the reason I'm asking... :-) (well... that, and because I'm clearly impatient)

Hope you D6 guys had fun last night despite the apparent DC issues. Glad the storm held off for you @KTR5. Tentative/definitive June Season winner?

So I hope I'm not jumping the gun on asking this (I haven't seen any fish around here in a while haha), but does anyone know the early indication on what combo is being voted out? (Or maybe if one in particular is safe)

I thought all were fun in practice, but I'd be sad if I didn't get the chance to try my Sunday luck on the RX7 trial mountain combo. So that's the reason I'm asking... :-) (well... that, and because I'm clearly impatient)

Hope you D6 guys had fun last night despite the apparent DC issues. Glad the storm held off for you @KTR5. Tentative/definitive June Season winner?

The RX7 is staying

So you think it's OK for someone to skip a combo they don't like, negatively effecting the rest of their division, and then still be able to vote to remove that combo?

Let me explain the negative effects that skipping a combo has on the rest of your division. The grid size is smaller which makes for less exciting racing and less competition for that combo and a potential prize winner is negatively effected because his adjusted point total will take a hit based on the smaller grid size.

Basically, the decision by one to skip a combo can effect the entire league from every other competitor in their division, to a potential prize winner that could miss out on a prize due to having one fewer driver in a race, to everyone else in the league who wouldn't get to see what that person had in mind for a prize. They could have been poised to pick the best combo in the history of SNAIL and we will never know because one guy decided he didn't like a combo before he even raced it in his division. I exaggerate for effect.

Even with all that, you still think it's OK to allow a driver to vote off a combo they didn't even bother to race? I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. This league is built on participation and interaction. How can you expect to get a say if you don't participate? Why should anyone be able to show up for one or two races and have their vote matter as much as someone who showed up and raced the entire night?

Obviously that is not acceptable behavior, but really is that even a serious concern? I don't think it's right to lump that in with all the other reasons one may not have raced in all the combos.
There is even an active policy asking people to bow out for the night if they can't get their connection straightened out in a timely manner. Should that person be excluded?
Also on the subject of active policies, this should be covered by the park your car on the side of the track out of the way policy, rather than just leaving the race.
I'm just saying there are too many innocents that would get the shaft if a policy like what you are suggesting is implemented.

I'm just saying there are too many innocents that would get the shaft if a policy like what you are suggesting is implemented.

Oh please, I posted a hypothetical situation last week and you all were perfectly fine with scrapping an entire divisions' votes if they chose not to race the final combo due to a lack of numbers....now you want to allow people to vote for combos they didn't even race on?

Oh please, I posted a hypothetical situation last week and you all were perfectly fine with scrapping an entire divisions' votes if they chose not to race the final combo due to a lack of numbers....now you want to allow people to vote for combos they didn't even race on?
Well I haven't been here for literally all of June, so whoever these "you all" are, they aren't me. I believe the only restriction on your eligibility to vote should be if you showed up to race. No that does not include posting your vote in the thread the next day. Everyone knows when votes are recorded, if you're not there to cast it then, too bad.

D3 Pics...it's been awhile :cheers:
Wish these were a little better but I didn't have much time and was missing a couple of replays. Mediocre photos are better than none I suppose ;)

di_c7daAcac_Trial_Mountain_Circuit.jpg

@Dragonwhisky and myself ;)

di_BCfa2CF3_Trial_Mountain_Circuit_1.jpg

@fzappa, the dragonman and myself.

di_8C02ADA2_Trial_Mountain_Circuit_2.jpg

Same shot...diff angle.

di_FEC1F68F_Special_Stage_Route_5_6.jpg

@JLBowler, @Wolfsatz and others....

di_9c4cbdEe_Special_Stage_Route_5_5.jpg

Myself, crash, Deedub, bowler etc

di_61AD76D8_Special_Stage_Route_5_4.jpg

More from SSR5 RIP!

di_cbaeAdbF_Daytona_Road_Course.jpg

The typical view from Bowler's car.

di_FFC853D9_Daytona_Road_Course_1.jpg

di_d872DaBB_Daytona_Road_Course_2.jpg

di_9CC29c6C_Daytona_Road_Course_3.jpg

@turnupdaheat trying his best to capitalize on a mistake by Bowler.
di_66Bd6E79_Daytona_Road_Course_4.jpg

di_ee12D268_Daytona_Road_Course_5.jpg

Race 2. See Bowler near the back? That's how you know it's Race 2.
di_0Bf3CB7e_Daytona_Road_Course_6.jpg

di_Ed8ebDa9_Daytona_Road_Course_7.jpg

I also think it's perfectly fine for someone to sit out a combo they do not enjoy and still be able to vote for it. One person sitting out is not a life or death situation. Ok, someone gets screwed out of Prize A or B or C by a few tenths of a point. Oh well. The point of the league and the divisions is to have fun. That's what it's all about. And if a particular combo is not fun to you then you have every right to sit out that combo. Now should you just not enter the race at all? Probably not...the solution to this would be to start the race, run the first lap, and enter the pits and stay there til it's over. That way the room gets credited with full participation.

At first I hated the Subaru/Daytona Combo and might have actually voted for it after the first try. But, now that I figured a few things out and watched the fast guys, I managed a second place last night behind @qwietstorm and had a personal best of 1:49.145 Guess what - now I love it...! So, I say that you need to vote on Sunday nights after the races. If you couldn't complete the night due to network issues - then vote with a PM to the host

Stay around long enough and eventually you'll hit one of those painfully sucky combos. At that very moment you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh yeah, usually I'll suffer through a combo I don't like, but I can be a bit masochistic like that. I dang near parked it last week though for the 'Vette at Fugi - I've never truly hated a car before. But that one... that one caused a burning, all-consuming hatred to well up from deep inside me and make me want to through my wheel against a wall just to be free from its horribleness :crazy:;)

Oh yeah, usually I'll suffer through a combo I don't like, but I can be a bit masochistic like that. I dang near parked it last week though for the 'Vette at Fugi - I've never truly hated a car before. But that one... that one caused a burning, all-consuming hatred to well up from deep inside me and make me want to through my wheel against a wall just to be free from its horribleness :crazy:;)

The combo that stands out and made me feel that way was the Caterham at Autumn Ring. It was like the stupid thing had skis as rear wheels and tires. I think I did sit it out one week. It gave me that same burning, all-consuming hatred with some oppression thrown in multiplied by 10.

I've not decided where I sit on this whole race what you vote for issue. I knew which combo I was voting for within the second lap of practicing it Sunday afternoon. I still felt I had to race it Sunday night, if for no other reason than so I felt justified in voting it off.

From a personal perspective, and I'm fairly annal about finishing what I start, if I know I suck at a particular combo, like anything at Daytona Road, I relieve myself of the expectation of doing anything close to well and just decide to drive it as fast as I comfortably can and to hell with the results. If I do screw up in that combo and actually get a podium, it's just sauce for the goose.

JLBowler is correct in that attendance, in each single race, can have a large effect on your adjusted points for the night and will most certainly change who gets which prize. I've watched it happen in more than one week. This is the only reason I raced a combo last night that I really didn't want to drive. I didn't want my divisional winner to get ganked on prize chances because I sucked at a combo and knew it. I also feel I have a personal moral imperative to take the bad with the good. For instance, 2 Sunday's ago, I raced a combo that I had exceptionally good results at and I feel obligated to race those combos that I know I won't have good results. I won't even park my car mid race because it would extend the time everybody else has to wait for the next race to get started, even if only by a minute or less.

On the other hand, if a combo is such that you will get nothing out of it but rage, it might be better if you did sit that combo out. I don't agree with that mindset, but I can see where, for some, it may benefit others if that anger is not expressed on the track or in the lobby. I will say, how you react is your decision and your responsibility. I would like everyone to consider, at least in respect to racing in SNAIL, you consider how your decisions might impact other SNAILs.

For the record, there is no combo that generally sucks. There are only combos that we, as drivers, suck at driving. If we let the more intense emotions rule our reactions, nothing will be learned.

Back