◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,697 comments
@Azure Flare Please don't take offense at what Joe is saying. I do agree with most of what he says but I want to encourage you to continue trying. We have some great virtual and real life photographers here but like most of us time is limited. @JoeW has some very good advice (check out his signature link). The important thing is keep trying. And develop your own style. But first master the basics.

And as the creator of the original banners I will not take offense at them being bland;) I wanted them to convey information not look beautiful. Sometimes they can do both which is awesome.

We need to get more people taking pictures again. That way you will have more images to choose from.

@Adubs5

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

-@JLBowler
Got familiar with the S.N.A.I.L ORL and Racecraft guide..
I completed the test on SurveyPlanet and submitted it..
Just need to get back in town to my PS3 and run some laps in the rain at Mazda! I wont be able to get you my trial time until tmrw.. Should be home around noon or 1pm ET. I'm as new as they come to this so just making sure that will work and I'm not holding up the show? I wont know what or where I'm racing at until you get a trial time correct? I was just trying to figure out how I can get practice, practice, practice in before the Races on Sundays? I know this week is an exception because I am way late but would be nice moving forward!! First day so I am sorry for the probably obvious questions to most everyone on here! I am guessing the quicker I get you my trial time, the quicker i get put in a Div. and I should know alot more after that's all done? Hopefully I'm on the right track (No Pun intended).. :lol: Thanks..
-Adubs5

@JLBowler, thanks for the drivers list compression... Bigger grids, more emotions and better competition.
Because that is just what you need...more emotions and higher competition level :)

You trying to get to bed even earlier on Sundays?

You know I'm messing with you my brother from another mother...you are very "passionate" when racing :)

Last edited:
I simple pm to an offender may help
Nope...no control...no Thursday Training Races for me. This is an ongoing problem. Until you penalize people who act like idiots you are enabling their behavior. There are plenty of lobbies for us to get together and train and race...but as I slowly get faster I really needed wheel to wheel racing. That is why when Euclid PMd that the room was open I jumped right in. I was having a good race but knew some faster guys were coming up and was going to see if I was going to race them or let them by. I was never given the chance to make the decision as I ended up nose first in the wall compliments of someone nameless who was either out of patience or out of talent.

A few bad actors can ruin the experiance, especially for new guys. No I am not throwing a tantrum...I am not going to hold my breath until I get my way...but as they say in Military Aviation when encountering a known threat that you can avoid...."why expose yourself unnecessarily to ground fire". I'll chose to go elsewhere on Thursday Nights. I thought perhaps that the discussion in the last couple of weeks about rampant over aggressiveness in practice had had some effect. Apparently not.

We really need to fix this as it is ongoing, and it not just one or two bad actors, it appears to be pervasive.

Back to endurance racing on Thursdays where things are a bit more fun.

As usual I am really looking forward to Sunday... especially with the larger grids. And ...when the " Rock Apes " have to follow our code because if they do not they get their pee pees slapped..in public.

Nope...no control...no Thursday Training Races for me. This is an ongoing problem. Until you penalize people who act like idiots you are enabling their behavior. There are plenty of lobbies for us to get together and train and race...but as I slowly get faster I really needed wheel to wheel racing. That is why when Euclid PMd that the room was open I jumped right in. I was having a good race but knew some faster guys were coming up and was going to see if I was going to race them or let them by. I was never given the chance to make the decision as I ended up nose first in the wall compliments of someone nameless who was either out of patience or out of talent.

A few bad actors can ruin the experiance, especially for new guys. No I am not throwing a tantrum...I am not going to hold my breath until I get my way...but as they say in Military Aviation when encountering a known threat that you can avoid...."why expose yourself unnecessarily to ground fire". I'll chose to go elsewhere on Thursday Nights. I thought perhaps that the discussion in the last couple of weeks about rampant over aggressiveness in practice had had some effect. Apparently not.

We really need to fix this as it is ongoing, and it not just one or two bad actors, it appears to be pervasive.

Back to endurance racing on Thursdays where things are a bit more fun.

As usual I am really looking forward to Sunday... especially with the larger grids. And ...when the " Rock Apes " have to follow our code because if they do not they get their pee pees slapped..in public.
I couldn't agree more with every racer treating every snail event and every racer with respect. No racer should act careless or bully their way through the pack. All should know this , some don't for some reason :banghead: I don't suggest anything "crazy" or on the public thread but there are some that need just to be told. if nothing is mentioned at the time then how do you expect it to get resolved . I would think the host still has the power to kick an overly aggressive driver ...You're right though there will be a few that never get it (they're usually quite easy to avoid lol)

Last edited:
According to the PP, shouldn't the Jaguar XKR-S'11 (540PP) @ Tokyo R246 - Forward be Round 2 and the Subaru IMPREZA Touring Car (565PP) @ Red Bull Ring be Round 3 ?
Good call out! I guess I was looking at HP instead of PP. :ouch:

The lineup post has been corrected. 👍

Banners are done!

View attachment 180843

View attachment 180844

View attachment 180929

Not bad for a first attempt, I think.

Speaking of the lineup post, huge thanks to @Azure Flare for having a go at the banners after noticing that we haven't had any in a while. It's a perfect example of what makes SNAIL tick..

Ask not what your sim racing league can do for you, ask what you can do for your sim racing league. 👍

I couldn't agree more with every racer treating every snail event and every racer with respect. No racer should act careless or bully their way through the pack. All should know this , some don't for some reason :banghead: I don't suggest anything "crazy" or on the public thread but there are some that need just to be told. if nothing is mentioned at the time then how do you expect it to get resolved . I would think the host still has the power to kick an overly aggressive driver ...You're right though there will be a few that never get it (they're usually quite easy to avoid lol)
Unfortunately, as we found out last Sunday in D3, you can't kick someone in a friends only room :(

Unfortunately, as we found out last Sunday in D3, you can't kick someone in a friends only room :(

Well, if someone is on my friends list and I explain to them that I'm running a league race, they leave without question. I think the case in D3 was that our host accepted a friend request from someone they really didn't know and then we couldn't get it through their thick skull that they needed to leave.

Lesson to be learned here is don't accept friend requests from people you don't know or are not on the driver's list. I always thought that little bit of information would fall under common sense but maybe not.

Team SNAIL duties have been updated. A few divisions have several backups list and no primary. These will be firmed up before tomorrow.

Hello Division 3, @Wolfsatz is host right?
I think @fzappa (Tcrash) is host now.

Yes. I am taking over hosting duties as of this Sunday. So, with that being said:

-Attention D3 Racers-
I will be taking over hosting duties on July 6th, this Sunday. Please go to the Updated Snail Drivers List to see if you are in Division 3 and send me a friend request, tcrash15. I will be accepting them through today and tomorrow and ONLY up until Sunday, at 9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT. Remember, it is up to you to send me your friend requests and as of now, you have 29 hrs 40 mins to take care of it.

Also, so we have a current list, please send me a PM and let me know who is going to take care of the Scoring, Data Entry and Replay Uploads. If you would like to be back-ups to any of the D3 duties, please send me a PM.

Guys/Gals, keep in mind that Division 3 is opened as a 'Friends Only' room for Sunday night. Don't wait until the last minute to send your 'Friend Request' and miss out on the racing.

Latest Posts

Back