Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. nmcp1

nmcp1

2. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

3. nmcp1

nmcp1

It's working on my end so it's probably Google Docs being wonky on your end. Google Docs has gotten so buggy lately.... really annoying.

KTR5 and turnupdaheat like this.
  4. msgt-sd

msgt-sd

This may be what happened to @Xradkins yesterday, but maybe not...

3 of us experienced exactly what Xradins was experiencing when trying to get into the GTP WRS endurance race room yesterday...when all of us were already friends with the host before he created the room. I think it is some sort of glitch on PD's end.

The host had to reset his ps3 and remake the room 3 times, but we all eventually got in.

Xradkins likes this.
  5. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

I can get the doc to load fine, but it isn't showing any new incidents from last night. I know at least a few from D6 should be there. Maybe it needs a hard kick in the knickers to reload itself?

Nail-27 likes this.
  6. nmcp1

nmcp1

Same here on my end. Thought it was a little strange that no incidents had been filed yet.

7. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Well that was what I meant :boggled:. I was being understanding and PC...STRIKE THAT ...I am not nor do I do PC...EVER.

SHOCKY_WELL and JoeW like this.
  8. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

D5 Replays loading as we speak into Open File D5

Ooops...I stuttered when I renamed the zip file it is now 2014_07_06_D5_Nail.zip.zip

zip..zip....hope it opens ok if not someone throw a fish my way.

EDIT: Cancel Fish...opens OK

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    euclid58 likes this.
  9. IceWarden

IceWarden

If my kid would get off the PS3 I might take some pictures of last night....

SHOCKY_WELL, qwietstorm, KTR5 and 4 others like this.
  10. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Best i could get the other day was 32.9's and i just got moved to D3

11. IceWarden

IceWarden

I think fast lap in D2 at Red Bull was 1:32.1 during the race. No 31s. Several guys were hitting 32s under pressure. But 31s is a little out of my wheelhouse.

Michelin likes this.
  12. Michelin

Michelin Premium

I was here doing nothing, but you just gave me a idea. Off to pic taking I'll go. :D

SHOCKY_WELL, qwietstorm and JoeW like this.
  13. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yea those 32.9's were a little tough with keeping it clean

14. IceWarden

IceWarden

If I can get some time we may have D2 pic overload today :)

Good racing btw @Michelin last night. I think the only guy in D2 I knew from the last time I was in D2 was @nmcp1 so I didn't know what to expect. I can say with confidence that I have no problem racing wheel to wheel with you.

Michelin likes this.
  15. Michelin

Michelin Premium

hehehe the race was great all around D2 yesterday, I guess that wouldn't be problem. :p :D :lol:

Thanks! I try my best at being clean and being able to race wheel to wheel, sometimes it's quite hard (I tend to push way too hard sometimes). I have to say the same about you, I don't have no problem in being side by side with you during the races.

Even I though I prefer when you brake too late and I can apply the X on you on the exit of the turn.

Please don't kill me. :p

JoeW likes this.
  16. mopar440

mopar440

17. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

In D1 I was hitting conisistent low 31s with one or two 30's. It's just that D1 has constant, consistent fast pace. And if you make a mistake, it's over.

Neovre and KTR5 like this.
  18. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I will adjust that sheet to pick up all the current IRs tonight when I get home from work.

SHOCKY_WELL, Nail-27 and nmcp1 like this.
  19. Xradkins

Xradkins

Dude, your reply is way off. Thow it may be helpful for newbies, this is not my first rodeo!

X

20. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

I love rodeos!

[​IMG]

Michelin and SHOCKY_WELL like this.
  21. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Last night Racer A was in first place and Racer B following close in second. After Tokyo's long main straight into the first right corner Racer B missed the breaking point and crashed the leader Racer A into the wall.
    Racer A came back in the race and finished in the 9th position.
    Following the right procedures, Racer A files a race complaint against Racer B, he gets a ton of penalties and that's it. All good... Really??? Nope.
    The whatever penalties will not cause any effect on Racer B driving style because, in this particular case Racer B is a well known, long time track opponent and awesome driver that made one mistake. It even happens to people like Gumball, Hill or Russ.
    But... what about Racer A? He just lost 8 points in a single corner, in a fraction of a second. He could have been 4th overall but finished 8th at the end of the night. He could have been promoted to a higher division but he didn't have enough points to make it at the end of the season.
    This brings back to something I've been defending for the longest time. It should be created a compensatory rule for victims of other racers mistakes, meaning, instead of losing the whole 8 points as last night's example, why can't victims be awarded with 50% of those points back as long as they file a race complaint?
    This would not only motivate more people, me included, to file race complaints as it would bring some compensation and motivation for drivers to keep racing with us.
    The compensatory points would be given according to an average between the positions before and after the incident, meaning, if Racer A was, by the time of the accident, in 3rd position, finishing like that he would get 14 points but due to this accident he finished in 9th, getting only 8 points so he would be compensated with another 3 points which is 50% of the difference between 14 and 8.
    I would love people to take a minute to think about it and together come out with a fair solution to this problem.

22. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

Fastest RBR Q time in D4 was 1:31.7xx last night. Will have the results and summary hopefully posted by tonight. Just taking a 5 minute breather from a crazy day at the office.

ExoSphere64, KTR5 and full89metal like this.
  23. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

This is true, @kadrek killed RBR with his 1:31.747. I was WAY back in 2nd Q spot with a 1:32.637.

MajorBlixem likes this.
  24. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

25. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

That's racing. It happens. Here's some thoughts off the top of my head to blow your idea out of the water. Driver A gets punted off in turn one of a reverse grid race after starting on the pole. They go on to finish last just as they did in the first race. Can you say with absolute certainty that that driver wouldn't have finished last either way? So because he got wrecked at the first turn of a race from the lead, you would propose that he be given 6 points if there were 13 drivers in the race? What would you do if a driver was a victim while running in 13th place but finished 8th? Would you try and say that if he wasn't held up by another driver's penalty he could have finished 4th and then want an adjustment for that? What if a driver was the victim while running 1st and then worked their way back up and was a victim while running 4th and then worked their way back up to 5th before being taken out on the last corner and finishing 13th? Would you want to give this driver half the difference from 1st to 13th, 4th to 13th, and 5th to 13? That would mean awarding 14.5 points through penalties in addition to the 4 pts. for finishing 13 in the race for a total of 18.5 points. That's more than you get for a race win.

It's a nice thought, but it's something that has been discussed many times over and this idea isn't any better than anything that has been proposed in the past to give incentive to file IR's. It just creates more work for the already overworked stewards.

The motivation for filing a race complaint is to keep the racing clean and provide a punishment for those that don't want to keep it clean. It is not meant to try and guess where a driver would have finished and then try and award points based on a guess.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  26. tezgm99

tezgm99

Well that's all fine and dandy....except for the simple fact that the open drive is not the right place. It was replaced with the 'public uploads' folder ages ago so you guys need to make sure they are moved :indiff:

27. IceWarden

IceWarden

But what was fastest lap in race? I honestly don't put much weight on Q times.

28. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

@aerolite and anyone else in D6 with replays. Upon transferring the uploaded replays to the PS3, they show as broken and are not viewable. Could you guys try to upload again, preferably a different set of replays.

29. hognhominy

hognhominy

Did D5 replays get sorted out or in the right location? @Nail-27 said he uploaded to the "open" folder:confused:

30. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I just moved the D5 replays so they are good. I also moved D3 so they are good as well. I will take a look in the open folder and move anything else that is sitting there.

hognhominy likes this.