◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
This is normal. And has happened to you before...and explained before...I think.

If the host has already opened a Friends Only room...and gets your FR AFTER the room is up and running...then you will not be able to enter until the host and yourself both back out of the game to the XMB menu. This why you MUST read the posts and send your FR BEFORE the room is up. This is why you see all the posts of hosts saying "get your FR in before 9pm".

In order to let you race, Dgaf would have had to kick everyone out and remake the room. All because you didn't send your FR 30 mins earlier.

As Spock would say, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the One.

This may be what happened to @Xradkins yesterday, but maybe not...

3 of us experienced exactly what Xradins was experiencing when trying to get into the GTP WRS endurance race room yesterday...when all of us were already friends with the host before he created the room. I think it is some sort of glitch on PD's end.

The host had to reset his ps3 and remake the room 3 times, but we all eventually got in.

Thanks. I had that one but the document doesn't seem to be updated.

It's working on my end so it's probably Google Docs being wonky on your end. Google Docs has gotten so buggy lately.... really annoying.

I can get the doc to load fine, but it isn't showing any new incidents from last night. I know at least a few from D6 should be there. Maybe it needs a hard kick in the knickers to reload itself?

I can get the doc to load fine, but it isn't showing any new incidents from last night. I know at least a few from D6 should be there. Maybe it needs a hard kick in the knickers to reload itself?

Same here on my end. Thought it was a little strange that no incidents had been filed yet.

D5 Replays loading as we speak into Open File D5

Ooops...I stuttered when I renamed the zip file it is now 2014_07_06_D5_Nail.zip.zip

zip..zip....hope it opens ok if not someone throw a fish my way.

EDIT: Cancel Fish...opens OK

Last edited:
Volco was there last night and never hit 32s as far as I saw. Only the three I mentioned hit high 32s but it was not an average time for sure. I could do mid-low 33s on average. 31s in D4 suggests a few people need promotion to D1.

Of course there are a lot of corners where liberties can be taken. Guessing I need to trim more off those curbs if I want see 31s.

Best i could get the other day was 32.9's and i just got moved to D3

I think fast lap in D2 at Red Bull was 1:32.1 during the race. No 31s. Several guys were hitting 32s under pressure. But 31s is a little out of my wheelhouse.

I think fast lap in D2 at Red Bull was 1:32.1 during the race. No 31s. Several guys were hitting 32s under pressure. But 31s is a little out of my wheelhouse.

Yea those 32.9's were a little tough with keeping it clean

I was here doing nothing, but you just gave me a idea. Off to pic taking I'll go. :D
If I can get some time we may have D2 pic overload today :)

Good racing btw @Michelin last night. I think the only guy in D2 I knew from the last time I was in D2 was @nmcp1 so I didn't know what to expect. I can say with confidence that I have no problem racing wheel to wheel with you.

If I can get some time we may have D2 pic overload today :)

Good racing btw @Michelin last night. I think the only guy in D2 I knew from the last time I was in D2 was @nmcp1 so I didn't know what to expect. I can say with confidence that I have no problem racing wheel to wheel with you.

hehehe the race was great all around D2 yesterday, I guess that wouldn't be problem. :P :D :lol:

Thanks! I try my best at being clean and being able to race wheel to wheel, sometimes it's quite hard (I tend to push way too hard sometimes). I have to say the same about you, I don't have no problem in being side by side with you during the races.

Even I though I prefer when you brake too late and I can apply the X on you on the exit of the turn.

Please don't kill me. :P

IMG_93588175300870.jpeg

This is normal. And has happened to you before...and explained before...I think.

If the host has already opened a Friends Only room...and gets your FR AFTER the room is up and running...then you will not be able to enter until the host and yourself both back out of the game to the XMB menu. This why you MUST read the posts and send your FR BEFORE the room is up. This is why you see all the posts of hosts saying "get your FR in before 9pm".

In order to let you race, Dgaf would have had to kick everyone out and remake the room. All because you didn't send your FR 30 mins earlier.

As Spock would say, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the One.[/quot

As Spock would say, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the One.

Dude, your reply is way off. Thow it may be helpful for newbies, this is not my first rodeo!

X

Last night Racer A was in first place and Racer B following close in second. After Tokyo's long main straight into the first right corner Racer B missed the breaking point and crashed the leader Racer A into the wall.
Racer A came back in the race and finished in the 9th position.
Following the right procedures, Racer A files a race complaint against Racer B, he gets a ton of penalties and that's it. All good... Really??? Nope.
The whatever penalties will not cause any effect on Racer B driving style because, in this particular case Racer B is a well known, long time track opponent and awesome driver that made one mistake. It even happens to people like Gumball, Hill or Russ.
But... what about Racer A? He just lost 8 points in a single corner, in a fraction of a second. He could have been 4th overall but finished 8th at the end of the night. He could have been promoted to a higher division but he didn't have enough points to make it at the end of the season.
This brings back to something I've been defending for the longest time. It should be created a compensatory rule for victims of other racers mistakes, meaning, instead of losing the whole 8 points as last night's example, why can't victims be awarded with 50% of those points back as long as they file a race complaint?
This would not only motivate more people, me included, to file race complaints as it would bring some compensation and motivation for drivers to keep racing with us.
The compensatory points would be given according to an average between the positions before and after the incident, meaning, if Racer A was, by the time of the accident, in 3rd position, finishing like that he would get 14 points but due to this accident he finished in 9th, getting only 8 points so he would be compensated with another 3 points which is 50% of the difference between 14 and 8.
I would love people to take a minute to think about it and together come out with a fair solution to this problem.

Last night Racer A was in first place and Racer B following close in second. After Tokyo's long main straight into the first right corner Racer B missed the breaking point and crashed the leader Racer A into the wall.
Racer A came back in the race and finished in the 9th position.
Following the right procedures, Racer A files a race complaint against Racer B, he gets a ton of penalties and that's it. All good... Really??? Nope.
The whatever penalties will not cause any effect on Racer B driving style because, in this particular case Racer B is a well known, long time track opponent and awesome driver that made one mistake. It even happens to people like Gumball, Hill or Russ.
But... what about Racer A? He just lost 8 points in a single corner, in a fraction of a second. He could have been 4th overall but finished 8th at the end of the night. He could have been promoted to a higher division but he didn't have enough points to make it at the end of the season.
This brings back to something I've been defending for the longest time. It should be created a compensatory rule for victims of other racers mistakes, meaning, instead of losing the whole 8 points as last night's example, why can't victims be awarded with 50% of those points back as long as they file a race complaint?
This would not only motivate more people, me included, to file race complaints as it would bring some compensation and motivation for drivers to keep racing with us.
The compensatory points would be given according to an average between the positions before and after the incident, meaning, if Racer A was, by the time of the accident, in 3rd position, finishing like that he would get 14 points but due to this accident he finished in 9th, getting only 8 points so he would be compensated with another 3 points which is 50% of the difference between 14 and 8.
I would love people to take a minute to think about it and together come out with a fair solution to this problem.

That's racing. It happens. Here's some thoughts off the top of my head to blow your idea out of the water. Driver A gets punted off in turn one of a reverse grid race after starting on the pole. They go on to finish last just as they did in the first race. Can you say with absolute certainty that that driver wouldn't have finished last either way? So because he got wrecked at the first turn of a race from the lead, you would propose that he be given 6 points if there were 13 drivers in the race? What would you do if a driver was a victim while running in 13th place but finished 8th? Would you try and say that if he wasn't held up by another driver's penalty he could have finished 4th and then want an adjustment for that? What if a driver was the victim while running 1st and then worked their way back up and was a victim while running 4th and then worked their way back up to 5th before being taken out on the last corner and finishing 13th? Would you want to give this driver half the difference from 1st to 13th, 4th to 13th, and 5th to 13? That would mean awarding 14.5 points through penalties in addition to the 4 pts. for finishing 13 in the race for a total of 18.5 points. That's more than you get for a race win.

It's a nice thought, but it's something that has been discussed many times over and this idea isn't any better than anything that has been proposed in the past to give incentive to file IR's. It just creates more work for the already overworked stewards.

The motivation for filing a race complaint is to keep the racing clean and provide a punishment for those that don't want to keep it clean. It is not meant to try and guess where a driver would have finished and then try and award points based on a guess.

Last edited:
the D2 replays have been uploaded to the Open Drive. :D

D3 replays have been uploaded to the Open Replays drive. Either I don't have access to the D3 Stewards drive or I'm doing it wrong; all I can see is D4 (my previous division).

D5 Replays loading as we speak into Open File D5
Ooops...I stuttered when I renamed the zip file it is now 2014_07_06_D5_Nail.zip.zip
zip..zip....hope it opens ok if not someone throw a fish my way.
EDIT: Cancel Fish...opens OK

Well that's all fine and dandy....except for the simple fact that the open drive is not the right place. It was replaced with the 'public uploads' folder ages ago so you guys need to make sure they are moved :indiff:

Fastest RBR Q time in D4 was 1:31.7xx last night. Will have the results and summary hopefully posted by tonight. Just taking a 5 minute breather from a crazy day at the office.
But what was fastest lap in race? I honestly don't put much weight on Q times.

@aerolite and anyone else in D6 with replays. Upon transferring the uploaded replays to the PS3, they show as broken and are not viewable. Could you guys try to upload again, preferably a different set of replays.

Back