◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,755 comments
-Division 3 Race Report-

First, I want to thank Schmiggz for keeping score, Wardenclyffe for taking care of the replays and Grandpas_Money for entering the data. You guys are awesome. Secondly, thanks to all the D3 racers for your cooperation in making the races move along without a hitch. We had one disconnect and he missed out racing in one race, which sucked but no other issues in those regards. Also, thanks for making my first night back at hosting, a good one. I watched some of the replays tonight and there was a lot of close battles, which was great to see. We had 11 on track last night and it was because of the division consolidations, which I thought was a great idea. There might be some that feel you should be in a lower division but stick it out. I think everyone, last night, had their slip-ups. I'll even admit, I sucked last night but I'll be back and if I suck again, well, I'll be back. You stop sucking after a while and then someone else takes over:lol: What I'm saying, all joking aside, is that you're not always going to be good and you're not always going to suck. See everyone next Sunday and maybe in some practice rooms during the week:)👍

Last edited:
Wait I joined last month so how come I can't choose a car and tack combo?

You need to race a full season.

Because you haven't raced a whole season yet and have not gone through promotion & relegation

Not quite correct guys. You do not have to run a full season in order to be eligible for prizes. You just have to run enough races to get a clear picture of your ability. This is kind of open to my interpretation but in this case, four races is not enough to give a clear picture. I'm not talking about four nights. I'm talking about four races in total. I rare cases, one full night can be enough but I usually like to see at least two nights with some different car types which leads me to my next comment.

With the Power invested in me, my pick is to rule out Tokyo. And pick the GTR-GT500 Base Model '08 at GrandValley Speedway.

Oh yeah, another race car.

If you don't go through to silverstone, there's something seriously wrong with the system

I'm not going cause im waiting till next year. I would of finished 1st in North America but I didn't do the last week of GT Academy and got past on the last day :/

Are you too young? Or just not feeling it this year?

I'm eligible. And I'm 19, I just want to go when I feel that I have a legitament oppurtunity of winning it. And not be on television for the wrong reasons and not having the experience that I could have and not be as ready. Cause if I make it to race camp, that's it. That's my only shot. I don't want to ruin my one and only oppurtunity :)

I'm eligible. And I'm 19, I just want to go when I feel that I have a legitament oppurtunity of winning it. And not be on television for the wrong reasons and not having the experience that I could have and not be as ready. Cause if I make it to race camp, that's it. That's my only shot. I don't want to ruin my one and only oppurtunity :)
I commend you for that, do you have a lot of actual track time?

I'm new here, but I just wanted to say thank you to all the hosts and volunteers within the league. It looks like many people put in time to help make this league what it is. The brief experience I have had so far has been enjoyable, so thanks to all those helping.

Race em was letting me know in our division 5 forum he still wants to be main host/director for division 5. I let him know that i still will remain as back up host. I was re-checking the drivers list for division 5 and it looks like i have everyone needed on my list so just in case i need to host like last sunday, it will be friends only. If Race em doesn't have a room opened for sunday night races because the net connection isn't working for him or he can't connect, i will open one up at 8:20 central time or around that time and write here in main forum that i have the room opened anytime i need to host a room.

Let me just stop you right there, and this is for everyone else too.

I DO NOT like to be referred to as "race em" or "race_emhard". The only reason I still use that PSN name is because I have quite a lot of DLC tied to it.

I would rather be prefered to be called by my GTP username, or my real name.

I DO NOT like to be referred to as "race em" or "race_emhard". The only reason I still use that PSN name is because I have quite a lot of DLC tied to it.

My bad Azure Flare, i didn't know. Will address you as Azure Flare from now on and i still will remain as back up host.

Don't take offence about someone calling you a name you picked for yourself.

Edit: Oh no....he's going to shoot back with a complaint about my first double post! :scared:

i would like to join but i did not see a start time. that may play a factor

@ERAUfan97

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hey everyone, just popping in here to say I'd like to join the league. I'll be waiting for your time trial instructions.

@Silent James oops I mean @Silent James

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

I would like to see a slower, never before used car...

Like the rare Ford RS200 or the quirky and challenging Peugeot 205 Turbo 16.

If his signature read "3-time Consecutive Champion of 4WD Group B cars with mid-engines" you'd have a better shot of that happening. :D

@ERAUfan97

now, what if i could only race during the summer, and then a very limited schedule after. would it still be worthwhile to join? and where do i submit my time? on here or to you in a PM?

Last edited:
Division 4 Photography
July 6, 2014
July Season
Opening Night

Drivers
@full89metal @ExoSphere64 @kadrek @KTR5 @USERID_77a23 @MajorBlixem @jimeez @nascarfan14 @EvoSpecX @lousteezy

Round 1 - RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 at Trial Mountain Circuit - Forward
Race 1

@kadrek leads the field through turn 1, closely followed by @full89metal

Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

@jimeez in the lead early over @full89metal, with @lousteezy and @ExoSphere64 in the background

Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg

@ExoSphere64 to the lead!!!

Trial Mountain Circuit_2.jpg

Race 2

@KTR5 leads race 2 with 2 laps to go, with @MajorBlixem in second and @USERID_77a23 in third, but not for long.

Trial Mountain Circuit_3.jpg

And just like that, @USERID_77a23 moves to the lead and runs away from the field.

Trial Mountain Circuit_4.jpg

Places 2 through 6 within 0.408! @MajorBlixem @KTR5 @ExoSphere64 @full89metal @nascarfan14

Trial Mountain Circuit_5.jpg

Round 2 - Jaguar XKR-S'11 at Tokyo R246 - Forward
Race 1

@full89metal holds off @kadrek for the moment heading down the main straight

Tokyo R246.jpg

@ExoSphere64 holding on to the final podium spot with @jimeez and @EvoSpecX on his tail

Tokyo R246_1.jpg

Race 2

@exosphere leads early on in race 2 with @KTR5 looking for an outside line.

Tokyo R246_2.jpg

With just a few corners to go, the top 3 are super close, with @ExoSphere64 holding on for the win and @full89metal making the pass on @jimeez

Tokyo R246_3.jpg

Round 3 - Subaru IMPREZA Touring Car at Red Bull Ring
Race 1

This is as close to @kadrek as anyone got in the first race at RBR, coming out of turn 1

Red Bull Ring.jpg

@KTR5 and @MajorBlixem had a nice in and out sequence on the final lap (ya think I'm turning the wheel a bit too much?)

Red Bull Ring_1.jpg

@KTR5 finally gets the advantage over @MajorBlixem

Red Bull Ring_2.jpg

Race 2

@jimeez leads @EvoSpecX with a very tight group heading into turn 1, without any incident I might add.

Red Bull Ring_3.jpg

2 wide, 3 deep heading toward turn 3 with @KTR5 trying to get by @ExoSphere64

Red Bull Ring_4.jpg

This was @ExoSphere64's rear view for much of the second race, @full89metal all over his tail. @ExoSphere64 why are you check your side mirror :)

Red Bull Ring_5.jpg

@KTR5 gets his first win in D4!

Red Bull Ring_6.jpg

Last edited:

Three things worth noting that might help prevent this from happening in the future:
  1. There's no DLC for GT6 so any DLC currently tied to your PSN ID is completely useless for GT6/GTPlanet/SNAIL purposes
  2. You can have up to 16 PSN ID's on your PS3 - simply choose the one you want to use based on the game you want to play (you can also set one of them as your default user, which means your PS3 will automatically log you in to that account first)
  3. According to a PSN search, the PSN ID of "Azure_Flare" isn't being used. However, "AzureFlare" is taken - is that you?

Last edited:
data guys - Trying to get D1 data in and I keep getting an error popup that says :

There was a problem

A server error occurred. The page will reload.

Seems to happen almost every time I enter something that causes a recalculation. Anyone else ever see this? I don't have the patience to enter the data if I have to reload the page every time I enter a gap :P

data guys - Trying to get D1 data in and I keep getting an error popup that says :

There was a problem

A server error occurred. The page will reload.

Seems to happen almost every time I enter something that causes a recalculation. Anyone else ever see this? I don't have the patience to enter the data if I have to reload the page every time I enter a gap :P

That seems to be the new norm for Google Docs these days.... I'll usually enter gaps first and then put in the total time. You still get the error but not as often. Either way it's a PITA!

Latest Posts

Back