Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yes thats all i have no internet providers here

2. kadrek

kadrek

Practice room

1472-6399-8408-2427-4043

3. fzappa

fzappa Premium

I'm sure you have internet providers but are they all wireless? I Google mapped your city and you do live in the sticks. I'm just surprised that a Time Warner or a Comcast like company, hasn't run a wired service to your city being close to Bloomington or Columbus.

4. SHOCKY_WELL

SHOCKY_WELL

Just airmail ps3 to me and I'll update it for you then air mail it back.:dunce:

5. DCschwinn

DCschwinn

If you don't mind me asking? How do you have wireless if you don't have internet?

6. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

I think he uses his phone.

7. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

they are supposed to sometime dont know when and i use 4GLTE which is pretty quick actually, i can host practice rooms for hours without issues

8. DCschwinn

DCschwinn

Oh gotcha! I figured that's what you were using but wasn't sure? and yes 4GLTE is actually fast. I have ran speed tests on it against At&t U-verse and the download speed was accually faster but the upload speed was just a liitle slower! But these updated have to be pushing the limits of that Hot Spot? I think these PS3's like to be wired in to a LAN Line but who knows.? Good luck man!

9. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Its actually not just the updates from gt6, my ps3 died saturday got anxious and bought a new one sunday and now its having problems with all my games. Freezing and such corrupted my gt6 data that i just started over cause of the new ps3. So i did a rebuild database and restore file system seemed to help a bit we will see havent started gt6 again yet. Hopefully i can make it to race of champions Friday and race spec on sunday. But idk thats alot of work when you work 12 hour shifts.

10. DCschwinn

DCschwinn

Yeah that makes it tough to find time.. Have you tried getting a hold of Sony by chance. They can remotely log into your PlayStation and check out what is going on! Who knows, they may see a simple error code or have some kind of answer or helpful solution for you? Just a thought! Either way I'm sure you will get it back and cooking again to get to your races! Best of luck man..!

aliengamer25 likes this.
  11. chatva

chatva (Banned)

I can't even believe you run off your phone, wow!
    Hope you get it resolved.

aliengamer25 likes this.
  12. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

For the beginner level non race car challenge, i used the BMW Z8 15TH Anniversary '01.
    For the Intermediate level non race car challenge, i used the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) 15th anniversary edition.
    For the expert level non race car challenge, i used the Mercedes Benz AMG VGT.

13. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Wireless is known for packet loss. Any lost packet during an update will give you corrupted data. It's best to find a wired connection to update.

aliengamer25 likes this.
  14. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

Good thing you left the coordinates, now I can call in an air-strike. :mischievous:

...Of beer! :cheers:

Schmiggz and MajorBlixem like this.
  15. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

I wish i still had the ethernet that i used to have at my old place a few years ago, that stuff was awesome to have.

16. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Just found out my internet provider has been throttling my service hence all my disconnects. Going to have this redoubled hopefully this week.

17. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

Back in March, my internet provider had an issue with the service, and decided to cut it to fix the problem. It was cut off again just last Sunday due to more antics with them.

It's a pretty decent satellite connection, so weather can play with the connection. I remember having a different one where it would get knocked out every time it got cloudy, that one wasn't any good.

18. Pizzle13

Pizzle13

hi everybody,
    i would like to be part of a snail leauge as i am tired of racing with people that play unfair
    i have alot of online experience from my "LFS S2" days (its kind of harder to drive than GT6)
    had a look at the survey already aswell, kind of intimidating as english is not my first language
    but im pretty sure its not going to be a big problem for me
    hopefully the timezone diffrencies will not be too big of a trouble as i came form vienna, austria (europe)

19. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

You're good as long as 03:30 your time works for you.

20. Pizzle13

Pizzle13

i usually start to play around midnight all the way to 5 in the morning sometimes 7

Handlebar and turnupdaheat like this.
  21. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

You're good to go, you night owl.

22. DeathSpeed

DeathSpeed

23. DeathSpeed

DeathSpeed

Sounds awesome. Let me in on this coolness

PSN: AnthonyR7777777
    (Seven 7s)

Tell me how to get started nd stuff

zer05ive and KTR5 like this.
  24. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Pizzle13

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  25. nmcp1

nmcp1

@DeathSpeed

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  26. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

I'm sorta the same although you are 1 hour ahead of me. I find all those late nights have had a effect on my appearance as can be seen from this recent selfie!

[​IMG]

27. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

That's funny right there. I don't care who ya are.

28. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Ahahahah ahahahah ahahahah!

turnupdaheat likes this.
  29. Pizzle13

Pizzle13

thanks
    already submitted the survey and my time
    hopefully im fast enough to take part in some division

zer05ive, Nail-27 and MajorBlixem like this.
  30. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

We cater for all.... from Snailiens to mere mortals...:gtpflag:

Pizzle13, KTR5 and Jakedog23 like this.