◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
D3 Replays uploaded. I didn't have the necessary permission to upload to the main drive so they have been uploaded to the D3 public drive. As it was my first time please confirm all is well with them.

D6 racing was so much better this week, loving the fuller grids!
Glad to here d6 was better this week.
This was the first Sunday I missed since joining the league in Feb.
Still trying to build up enough credits to race since my ps3 crashed and burned and I lost all my data. Hard to find the time to commit with everything else happening life.
Hopefully see you guys soon...Cheers:cheers:

Glad to here d6 was better this week.
This was the first Sunday I missed since joining the league in Feb.
Still trying to build up enough credits to race since my ps3 crashed and burned and I lost all my data. Hard to find the time to commit with everything else happening life.
Hopefully see you guys soon...Cheers:cheers:
We missed you, hope you can make it back this Sunday!

Did u read my whole msg jlb, not Getting a top 5 least of my worries, I'm not coming here Jst saying I can't keep up, I've practiceing practiceing and driving my as s off, I'm not 1 sec behind im several behind, but I keep showing up and giving it my best, so your boo hoo comment is jst rude, u should be motivating ppl here, not only looking at the negative in someone's paragraph and baseing your whole opion on that

Actually @JLBowler was encouraging you when he said "You may very well not be one of the five fastest guys here (and those guys are insanely fast) but you are one of the 15 fastest guys here and guess where that puts you?"

I worked my way from D3 to D1, then when D1 filled up with crazy fast guys I got relegated to D2. I didn't complain or look at it negatively. I just continued to show up and race just as hard as I always had and ended up having a TON of fun with you, @nmcp1 @Xradkins @Michelin @Rednose58 and the rest of the D2 crew. Some of the tightest closest battles I had had in a while.

I look at myself as being in the bottom half of the D1 grid just as you do @Kgffy but I look at it as a glass half full type of thing. I can honestly say I race with some of if not THE fastest SIM racers in the world each and every Sunday.

My neighbor came over Saturday and I showed he and his son my racing setup. I took the opportunity to mention to he and his son that the guys I race with on Sundays are truly the best in the world at it and I'm glad to be a part of that group. Don't sweat the small stuff man. You and I were nose to tail on quite a few occasions last night and as long as we both keep our heads down and keep racing hard you'll always have someone to battle door to door with in me.

Actually @JLBowler was encouraging you when he said "You may very well not be one of the five fastest guys here (and those guys are insanely fast) but you are one of the 15 fastest guys here and guess where that puts you?"

I worked my way from D3 to D1, then when D1 filled up with crazy fast guys I got relegated to D2. I didn't complain or look at it negatively. I just continued to show up and race just as hard as I always had and ended up having a TON of fun with you, @nmcp1 @Xradkins @Michelin @Rednose58 and the rest of the D2 crew. Some of the tightest closest battles I had had in a while.

I look at myself as being in the bottom half of the D1 grid just as you do @Kgffy but I look at it as a glass half full type of thing. I can honestly say I race with some of if not THE fastest SIM racers in the world each and every Sunday.

My neighbor came over Saturday and I showed he and his son my racing setup. I took the opportunity to mention to he and his son that the guys I race with on Sundays are truly the best in the world at it and I'm glad to be a part of that group. Don't sweat the small stuff man. You and I were nose to tail on quite a few occasions last night and as long as we both keep our heads down and keep racing hard you'll always have someone to battle door to door with in me.

Guess I gotta thank you for being mentioned hahaha

D3 Replays uploaded. I didn't have the necessary permission to upload to the main drive so they have been uploaded to the D3 public drive. As it was my first time please confirm all is well with them.

If it's not already done, @dabneyd by the time I get home, I'll get your permissions set to the D3 replay folder.

At the moment, I can't verify the D3 replays for you, since I don't have access to g docs from work. Stupid netsec anyway.

If it's not already done, @dabneyd by the time I get home, I'll get your permissions set to the D3 replay folder.

At the moment, I can't verify the D3 replays for you, since I don't have access to g docs from work. Stupid netsec anyway.

I moved the replay into the correct folder. @turnupdaheat, PM me your email address and I'll get you access.

Looks like we are missing:

D1 Results (all races)
D1 votes
D5 Results (race 6 only)
D5 votes

Did WC run last night? If so, no results or votes are recorded.

If you want me to input data, just PM me the relevant info - No need to drop in the main thread.

Who qualified for pole for each combo
Finishing position for all drivers for each race
Who voted for which combo.

PS - easiest way to get most of the data is to take a pic of the "Live timing" data at the end of the race. Note who starts in position 1 for races 1,3,5 if you are watching your replays for Pole.

I don't understand why people whine about being slow in D1 and not come forth and ask the faster D1s for tips and suggestions to improve. Snail has been a very friendly place and I personally have been asking faster guys like @fizzer @martin20az and a few others for help to go faster. I personally am enthusiastic to make people go faster as I am an instructor at the race track. It's not like we earn more if we win more in D1, we want the wheel to wheel excitement and monumental passing moves and the more racers capable of that the happier we all are. So rethink your approach to D1.

Looks like we are missing:

D1 Results (all races)
D1 votes
D5 Results (race 6 only)
D5 votes

Did WC run last night? If so, no results or votes are recorded.

If you want me to input data, just PM me the relevant info - No need to drop in the main thread.

Who qualified for pole for each combo
Finishing position for all drivers for each race
Who voted for which combo.

PS - easiest way to get most of the data is to take a pic of the "Live timing" data at the end of the race. Note who starts in position 1 for races 1,3,5 if you are watching your replays for Pole.

If it's not done by the time I get home I can send in the D1 results. I did not capture the votes but I can provide pole winners and finishing positions for each race.

I don't understand why people whine about being slow in D1 and not come forth and ask the faster D1s for tips and suggestions to improve. Snail has been a very friendly place and I personally have been asking faster guys like @fizzer @martin20az and a few others for help to go faster. I personally am enthusiastic to make people go faster as I am an instructor at the race track. It's not like we earn more if we win more in D1, we want the wheel to wheel excitement and monumental passing moves and the more racers capable of that the happier we all are. So rethink your approach to D1.

I personally have never whined about being slower in D1, I just realize that in order to go faster I'll need to practice more. With that being said, what days are you usually online practicing? I would definitely like to join you for a few minutes whenever you're on just to get some hints and tips. You've always been very quick, clean and very humble about your ability and I respect that a lot. If you're willing to teach, I'm willing to learn. 👍

Just want to add my 2 cents.... being Canadian I might have to double that to 4 cents so it can be at least 2 US cents ...

I love being in the practice room with the D1 guys. I put on the binoculars and watch them for a few laps. Then I go out on the track and try to do the same.... at a few seconds per lap slower I migh say... but still it's a great learning opportunity....then put the binoculars back and repeat. You learn from their lines, when they shift gears, where they break etc.

Just a general inquiry about the replays that are uploaded to the Google Drive. I can't for the life of me figure out how to open and properly view the files containing the replays. I've tried unzipping the compressed files and still I am unable to view them. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Makes sense, should've done that myself. I noticed @turnupdaheat mentioning saving the replays after each race, so I assumed they would be available online.

Generally speaking, the replays uploaded to the divisional folders are there solely for use by the Stewards to complete incident reviews. If you want replays from another division you will need to contact a driver from that division and make arrangements to have them upload them to their own google drive and share it with you or upload them to the public SNAIL replay folder. Read through the FAQ, link in my signature. The bread crumbs there should lead you to a link to the public replay folder.

Just a general inquiry about the replays that are uploaded to the Google Drive. I can't for the life of me figure out how to open and properly view the files containing the replays. I've tried unzipping the compressed files and still I am unable to view them. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

They must be copied to a USB drive and imported to the PS3 XMB and from there imported to GT6 for viewing. Same holds true for you. Check that FAQ post and follow the crumbs.

On e you've unzipped them, put them on a flash drive and bring them back to your ps3 and copy them back to the GT6 game file. Then they should be available for viewing in game.

Since we're talking about practice and all that stuff, I have a question to you all.

For some reason, since I've joined SNAIL I noticed this on my behaviour on the race track. When I practice during the week (official or not practice rooms), I'm usually "slower" (can't match the same fast pace I do during practice) on Sunday. As example, I have both of my wins and my 1st full weekend. When I got my first pole here at SNAIL, we were racing the 2000GT at Rome. I never made a lap with that combo, and somehow I got the pole (1st combo of the night, 1st race I done on SNAIL). Both of my wins, Suzuki concept @ Brands Hatch and RX-7 GT300 @ Trial Mountain, I had never driven those combos, and did way better than I thought I would do.

Same thing happened on Saturday on another league I race. During Practice before Qualifying, I running top 5, turning low 59s on Silverstone National. Then on qualifying and on the races (we run 3 as well during the race day, it's a touring series) I wasn't able to match the same pace I had during Practice. Out of 16 cars, I finished 8th and 13th (didn't complete the 3rd race, decided to watch Brazil vs Netherlands... '-').

Has that ever happened to anyone? Or would anyone know why this happens and could help me?

There are so many variables involved with online racing.

Possibilities include, but are not limited to;
Change in network latency and/or room population.
Simulated Car detioration rates. I have no corroborating evidence to support this one.
Driver is "on his game" during once session but not another.

I am almost always faster when practicing in my own rooms than I am when racing in other's rooms. It's the nature of the online beast.

Since we're talking about practice and all that stuff, I have a question to you all.

For some reason, since I've joined SNAIL I noticed this on my behaviour on the race track. When I practice during the week (official or not practice rooms), I'm usually "slower" (can't match the same fast pace I do during practice) on Sunday. As example, I have both of my wins and my 1st full weekend. When I got my first pole here at SNAIL, we were racing the 2000GT at Rome. I never made a lap with that combo, and somehow I got the pole (1st combo of the night, 1st race I done on SNAIL). Both of my wins, Suzuki concept @ Brands Hatch and RX-7 GT300 @ Trial Mountain, I had never driven those combos, and did way better than I thought I would do.

Same thing happened on Saturday on another league I race. During Practice before Qualifying, I running top 5, turning low 59s on Silverstone National. Then on qualifying and on the races (we run 3 as well during the race day, it's a touring series) I wasn't able to match the same pace I had during Practice. Out of 16 cars, I finished 8th and 13th (didn't complete the 3rd race, decided to watch Brazil vs Netherlands... '-').

Has that ever happened to anyone? Or would anyone know why this happens and could help me?
yep this is what happens with me. totally didnt practice the f430 ss5 combo and i won both races, ive always sucked at qualifying.

That's interesting, I actually find that I'm pulling slower times in practice and qualifying than I do in the actual race. Most likely because I am being pushed or following a faster driver during a race and it forces me to adapt(not to mention the draft). I can definitely see how SNAIL will make you a better, faster racer.

Assuming the room settings are the same, it sounds like you could be putting too much pressure on yourself or overthinking things during race nights. People are different, I'm usually (but not always) slower in practice and faster when the competition is more intense. For most, their real speed comes when very relaxed. I happen to be more relaxed with more cars around me and everyone pushing rather than pounding away laps solo.

Most likely you just need more seat time (to be calm in traffic) and not to overthink your driving. If you're faster on race night on combos new to you, that tells me your an instinctual type of driver (which can be a very good thing). Don't stop practicing, but when it comes to race night, treat it sort of like a practice. Relax, have fun, and just drive to your abilities. Don't focus on the pace of others, just focus on driving as fast and clean as you can and trust your instincts.

Back