Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

I need help at GVS as well. The tip I was given was use 2nd gear to get the optimum speed at the slow corners. You'll only need it for a split second but when I started using it, it allowed me to set the front of the car before powering out of the corner in 3rd gear.

I was hoping I could sell that car and never ever have to use it again but unfortunately it's still around. This game should have a car crusher, when you're done with a car an animation appears with the car you hate in it and you get to watch it get crushed. I'd get more enjoyment out of that than having to race it one more Sunday.

2. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Think I only use 2nd in 3 spots. And, not for long in any case. The car has gobs of torque, so, until you get into 4th you don't really need to take it to redline before shifting up.

KTR5 and aliengamer25 like this.
  3. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

Keep it smooth and hit your marks. And ease the car on the throttle on lower gears.

1st corner: 3rd gear,

3rd corner: 5th gear, ( keep it full throttle the best you can )

5th corner hairpin: 2nd gear,

6th corner: 3rd gear,

9th corner: (that kink before the hairpin) 3rd gear

Hairpin: 2nd gear

11th corner: 2nd, then jump it to 3rd right when you exit the corner and take the long right hander towards the straightaway

13th corner: 3rd

14th and 15th corners: ( final hairpins ) 2nd gear. And then full throttle from there.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  4. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Lloyd, I realize you're tearing it up, up there in D1, but I think you might have some turns labeled incorrectly there. T2 at GVS is a 4/5th gear turn, depending on how high you decide to wind out 4th. Turn 3 is the right hander near the top of the hill, and T4 is the left, both of which can be taken in 5th, leading out to the chute to the hairpin, which by my count is T5. T6 & 7 are the double left, and 8 & 9 are the double rights, T10 is the left hander before the first tunnel, T11 is the left hander to the second tunnel, which is turn 12. T13 is the 3rd tunnel, Turns 14 & 15 are the tight left right complex leading back out to main straights. An argument could be made regarding the next left sweeper as T15 which would make the last right hander out to the start/finish straight Turn 16.

For anyone who might be interested, if you put 3 or more wheels over the curbing and onto that concrete runoff pad, at the exit of Turn 15, your lap is dirty.

KTR5 likes this.
  5. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Thanks guys. Have to work on the smooth part. Low 48s and close to finding time.

Handlebar likes this.
  6. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

The easy not complicated corners. I don't count as a turn, that's why lol I'm only counting the turns that truly matter. :) I don't count the easy just barely do any turns, and turns that still connect with the corner since you'll be in the same gear as well :)

7. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

And all the otherr corners you mentioned, you'll be in the same gear as well. :)

8. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

But yeah, next time. I'll just count all the corners. Just to make sure nobody is confused, cause some people might count all the corners and some people don't ;)

Dragonwhisky likes this.
  9. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

10. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

I just went and edited it all the corners. So some people can understand better :)

chatva, Oshawa-Joe and Dragonwhisky like this.
  11. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

has anyone thought of having division 1 split into A and B with promotions and relegations as per normal thus allowing those pseudo Snailens a way to adjust to the fast steady pace. Just thinking.

12. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

OK so I have them mis-numbered after 11. Skipped T12 in the second tunnel. Thanks Handlebar. And, according to that map the left sweeper out to 16 isn't a labeled turn.

I have edit that post accordingly as well.

13. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Had lunch and have room back up.

14. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

You working tonight?

15. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

Okay, I need your guys help :p I know it isn't the best place to do it but I want to make a (GTP) name, I'm stuck between

GTP_LLOYDZ
    GTP_ELITE
    GTP_LLOYDZELITE
    GTP_LLOYDZELITE69 (if that fits)
    And GTP_Lloydz

Which one or make any suggestions :)

16. dangerzone641

dangerzone641

GTP_LLOYDZ definitely

17. Fallen_log

Fallen_log

Is it ok to change my colors if I feel I am a little close to someone else's color combo?

Jakedog23 and MajorBlixem like this.
  18. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Nope. Day off for working Sunday.

19. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

Thanks @Handlebar ... Very helpful... We should do this for all tracks we are discussing. Just makes it easier to follow which corner is under discussion

20. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

Don't mean to double post... @Fallen_log check out @KTR5 signature. You will find the link to the color charts used by all drivers

21. Fallen_log

Fallen_log

Thanks I will do that.

KTR5 likes this.
  22. aerolite

aerolite

We are hard to tell apart, I'm sure some of the guys I've been racing for the past while were wondering what the :censored: is Aero doing coming up on me so fast:lol:

Jakedog23 likes this.
  23. Fallen_log

Fallen_log

:lol:

Yeah I'm changing to a light blue almost silver Metallic

aerolite likes this.
  24. 88GTA

88GTA

TONIGHT!
    DriveTrain Challenge Race Night!

I will be hosting DTC tonight in a friends only room so if you have nothing better to do, come give it a shot!

My lineup:
    FF - Tuscani CCS '03 385pp
    4WD - Storia X4 '00 370pp :banghead:
    FR - Skyline HT 2000GT-R '70 379pp
    MR - MR-2 Spyder (6MT) '02 385pp

First race and qualifying is at Grand Valley East (Reverse).

If you are interested, send me a PSN friend request ASAP to Koszak27. More details in the main thread here.

zer05ive and jobyone like this.
  25. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Well, if you're still on later this evening, I'll be happy to join and try chasing you around the track.

26. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

My god, I'm some popular today! Every person that comes in the room. Just wants to watch me drive! Eh @Oshawa-Joe lol

hognhominy, Oshawa-Joe and Handlebar like this.
  27. fizzer

fizzer

We're just trying to figure out your mad h4x so we can keep up ;)

28. Slick66

Slick66

Hi Guys,
    Would like to join up for the Saturday and/or Sunday sessions. PSN is Slickguy6666

zer05ive and KTR5 like this.
  29. dangerzone641

dangerzone641

We all want your Canadian hacks

MajorBlixem and Xradkins like this.
  30. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Slick66

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.