◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I need help at GVS as well. The tip I was given was use 2nd gear to get the optimum speed at the slow corners. You'll only need it for a split second but when I started using it, it allowed me to set the front of the car before powering out of the corner in 3rd gear.

I was hoping I could sell that car and never ever have to use it again but unfortunately it's still around. This game should have a car crusher, when you're done with a car an animation appears with the car you hate in it and you get to watch it get crushed. I'd get more enjoyment out of that than having to race it one more Sunday.

I'll keep in trying. Doing mid 48s now but definitely overdriving this thing. Wild ride! At least I don't have to contend with crazy turbo lag.

Keep it smooth and hit your marks. And ease the car on the throttle on lower gears.

1st corner: 3rd gear,

3rd corner: 5th gear, ( keep it full throttle the best you can )

5th corner hairpin: 2nd gear,

6th corner: 3rd gear,

9th corner: (that kink before the hairpin) 3rd gear

Hairpin: 2nd gear

11th corner: 2nd, then jump it to 3rd right when you exit the corner and take the long right hander towards the straightaway

13th corner: 3rd

14th and 15th corners: ( final hairpins ) 2nd gear. And then full throttle from there.

Last edited:
Keep it smooth and hit your marks. And ease the car on the throttle on lower gears.

1st corner: 3rd gear,

2nd corner: 5th gear, ( keep it full throttle the best you can )

3rd corner hairpin: 2nd gear,

4th corner: 3rd gear,

5th corner: (that kink before the hairpin) 3rd gear

Hairpin: 2nd gear

7th corner: 2nd, then jump it to 3rd right when you exit the corner and take the long right hander towards the straightaway

8th corner: 3rd

9th and 10th corners: ( final hairpins ) 2nd gear. And then full throttle from there.

Lloyd, I realize you're tearing it up, up there in D1, but I think you might have some turns labeled incorrectly there. T2 at GVS is a 4/5th gear turn, depending on how high you decide to wind out 4th. Turn 3 is the right hander near the top of the hill, and T4 is the left, both of which can be taken in 5th, leading out to the chute to the hairpin, which by my count is T5. T6 & 7 are the double left, and 8 & 9 are the double rights, T10 is the left hander before the first tunnel, T11 is the left hander to the second tunnel, which is turn 12. T13 is the 3rd tunnel, Turns 14 & 15 are the tight left right complex leading back out to main straights. An argument could be made regarding the next left sweeper as T15 which would make the last right hander out to the start/finish straight Turn 16.

For anyone who might be interested, if you put 3 or more wheels over the curbing and onto that concrete runoff pad, at the exit of Turn 15, your lap is dirty.

Last edited:
Lloyd, I realize your tearing it up, up there in D1, but I think you might have some turns labeled incorrectly there. T2 at GVS is a 4/5th gear turn, depending on how high you decide to wind out 4th. Turn 3 is the right hander near the top of the hill, and T4 is the left, both of which can be taken in 5th, leading out to the chute to the hairpin, which by my count is T5. T6 & 7 are the double left, and 8 & 9 are the double rights, T10 is the left hander before the first tunnel, T11 is the left hander to the second tunnel. T12 is the 3rd tunnel, Turns 13 & 14 are the tight left right complex leading back out to main straights. An argument could be made regarding the next left sweeper as T15 which would make the last right hander out to the start/finish straight Turn 16.

For anyone who might be interested, if you put 3 or more wheels over the curbing and onto that concrete runoff pad, at the exit of Turn 14, your lap is dirty.

The easy not complicated corners. I don't count as a turn, that's why lol I'm only counting the turns that truly matter. :) I don't count the easy just barely do any turns, and turns that still connect with the corner since you'll be in the same gear as well :)

The easy not complicated corners. I don't count as a turn, that's why lol I'm only counting the turns that truly matter. :) I don't count the easy just barely do any turns, and turns the still connect with the corner since you'll be in the same gear as well :)

And all the otherr corners you mentioned, you'll be in the same gear as well. :)

Last edited:
Lloyd, I realize your tearing it up, up there in D1, but I think you might have some turns labeled incorrectly there. T2 at GVS is a 4/5th gear turn, depending on how high you decide to wind out 4th. Turn 3 is the right hander near the top of the hill, and T4 is the left, both of which can be taken in 5th, leading out to the chute to the hairpin, which by my count is T5. T6 & 7 are the double left, and 8 & 9 are the double rights, T10 is the left hander before the first tunnel, T11 is the left hander to the second tunnel. T12 is the 3rd tunnel, Turns 13 & 14 are the tight left right complex leading back out to main straights. An argument could be made regarding the next left sweeper as T15 which would make the last right hander out to the start/finish straight Turn 16.

For anyone who might be interested, if you put 3 or more wheels over the curbing and onto that concrete runoff pad, at the exit of Turn 14, your lap is dirty.

But yeah, next time. I'll just count all the corners. Just to make sure nobody is confused, cause some people might count all the corners and some people don't ;)

392e9323596971d4ad7eae2860181b02o-jpg.126274

thats what bothers me the most actually
as of now 3 people in d1 are just in the way including me
and i dont want to ruin the night for the "real" d1 drivers
i dont mind coming in last but it has to be in a reasonable timeframe
also i agree with what you said about d2 standards
i dont think a D2 driver should get into D1 because he might win everytime
it should be measured by how much seconds he wins all the time ... if they win by several seconds every race then ok ... they should get into D1 but if he then is several seconds behind in d1 then obviosuly everybody in d2 should really be in d3 and so on ...

i cant really comment on other Division competition because this was my first race ever and i got put into D1 straight away, so i dont really know about the other divisions competition
but it should be measured by D1 downwards, now it felt like it is measured by lowest div to upwards
has anyone thought of having division 1 split into A and B with promotions and relegations as per normal thus allowing those pseudo Snailens a way to adjust to the fast steady pace. Just thinking.

OK so I have them mis-numbered after 11. Skipped T12 in the second tunnel. Thanks Handlebar. And, according to that map the left sweeper out to 16 isn't a labeled turn.

I have edit that post accordingly as well.

Last edited:
Okay, I need your guys help :P I know it isn't the best place to do it but I want to make a (GTP) name, I'm stuck between

GTP_LLOYDZ
GTP_ELITE
GTP_LLOYDZELITE
GTP_LLOYDZELITE69 (if that fits)
And GTP_Lloydz

Which one or make any suggestions :)

TONIGHT!
DriveTrain Challenge Race Night!

I will be hosting DTC tonight in a friends only room so if you have nothing better to do, come give it a shot!

My lineup:
FF - Tuscani CCS '03 385pp
4WD - Storia X4 '00 370pp :banghead:
FR - Skyline HT 2000GT-R '70 379pp
MR - MR-2 Spyder (6MT) '02 385pp

First race and qualifying is at Grand Valley East (Reverse).

If you are interested, send me a PSN friend request ASAP to Koszak27. More details in the main thread here.

Hi Guys,
Would like to join up for the Saturday and/or Sunday sessions. PSN is Slickguy6666

@Slick66

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Back